REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2013, 02:39 AM   #151
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Spoiler!


All this extra shit you're getting into is really irrelevant when it comes to this case at hand. It simply does not matter. The only issue is/was is whether Zimmerman honestly felt that he was in danger of losing his life...Do you think he thought he was legitimately going to lose his life in the hands of a child? He had one hit to the ground caused by Martin, do you honestly think a reasonable person would think they were going to die from a fist fight with a 17 year old kid? The guy had a gun...he was prepared for the worst case scenario...What would he have done if he didn't have the gun? How would he have escaped the wrath of 17 year old Martin? He wouldn't have been able to shoot himself out of it...you think he would've been killed by Martin?
Advertisement
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 AM   #152
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 857
Thanked 1,067 Times in 228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You really feel the need to call a dead 17 year old "Trayshit?" Wether your words had any validity or not, its all out the window when you speak like such a fucking moron. Its not self defense if you make the first aggressive contact, and if zimmerman wasn't accosting Trayvon to begin with, no one would be dead.
didn't follow the case enough to comment.

but yea dude you seem like a giant prick to call a dead kid 'trayshit'. totally unnecessary to prove your point. are you 17 too?
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #153
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
All this extra shit you're getting into is really irrelevant when it comes to this case at hand. It simply does not matter. The only issue is/was is whether Zimmerman honestly felt that he was in danger of losing his life...Do you think he thought he was legitimately going to lose his life in the hands of a child? He had one hit to the ground caused by Martin, do you honestly think a reasonable person would think they were going to die from a fist fight with a 17 year old kid? The guy had a gun...he was prepared for the worst case scenario...What would he have done if he didn't have the gun? How would he have escaped the wrath of 17 year old Martin? He wouldn't have been able to shoot himself out of it...you think he would've been killed by Martin?


"in the hands of a child"

He was 17...a few shy away from 18.

You guys really are eating up all the things the media has fed to you.
What really matters is that the media tried and found Zimmerman guily before the trial even started.. and you're all eating it up.

Either way, I'm out of this convo. I cannot reason with people who have their minds already made up a long time ago, like the media.

I watched the whole trial, I'm sure you didn't, so there's that.
But sure, you're all right.

Baby tray tray was only a fetus, and the soul sucking white hispanic Warlock, Zimmerman, stalked him and consumed his soul.



inb4 HURRRR NOTHIGN ELSE MATTERS ONLY WHAT MEDIA FED ME MATTERS !

Good day, sheep.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #154
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
"in the hands of a child"

He was 17...a few shy away from 18.

You guys really are eating up all the things the media has fed to you.
What really matters is that the media tried and found Zimmerman guily before the trial even started.. and you're all eating it up.

Either way, I'm out of this convo. I cannot reason with people who have their minds already made up a long time ago, like the media.
LOL yea dude, you win. You've obviously become an overnight expert and in fact are the only expert in the entire world. Only YOU have the power to know what really happened since you were there that night and of course none of your knowledge is from the media...

You've watched the whole trial...yea we get it...you've said that 100x already. Congratulations, I'm glad you're the only one in America who had access to the TV feed where the trial was shown. Of course, legal knowledge has NOTHING to do with this case and you received your law degree from the television and are the ultimate expert in legal cases involving stand your ground.

Fact of the matter is, it's about what the law is and how the law is applied and THAT is the only thing that matters. You're obviously too stupid and narrow minded to respond to anything I posted earlier and have a remotely intelligent conversation. Rather than touching on ANYTHING I've said you jump to this media bullshit, assuming that EVERYONE here is informed by the media and solely the media. You actually remind me of CharlesinCharge right now...Curious to know if you have a Canadian or American education...if one at all!?

Congratulations on the win...I guess this thread can go on now without your expertise.
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback

Last edited by parm104; 07-16-2013 at 01:22 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #155
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
HansonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: eastside
Posts: 131
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
I watched most of the trial, thanks to boring morning shifts. The prosecution did a very poor job, they could not prove intent, they could not prove that Zimmerman had a depraved state of mind and/or ill will towards Trayvon before the shot, because that one line "those f***ing punks always get away" was not enough, it was more frustration than racial hatred.

I don't think George Zimmerman is a murderer. However, I am genuinely surprised that he got out of manslaughter. The fact is that the kid would still be alive if Zimmerman had not actively sought him out. He had no obligation to do it. Police dispatch told him he did not have to. His duty ended when he called it in, the police were coming and he even gave them a place to meet up with him. Instead he decided to play cop.

Zimmerman had a history of profiling blacks. Possibly because most or all burglary suspects in that area were black, this I do not know. But he incorrectly profiled Martin and as a result, a life was lost. I can't see how it isn't manslaughter, unless...

The jury took Zimmerman's story as completely accurate. That Trayvon Martin ran off, then hid in some bushes and maliciously attacked him, and beat him to the point where he feared for his life. (injuries were not consistent with his claims of head being slammed into concrete however)

I can acknowledge that Trayvon Martin did in fact strike him, but two things stand out for me: 1.) there was a brief conversation before the altercation, at least two lines of dialogue seem to be confirmed (why are you following me/what are you talking about). This means that it wasn't a total surprise attack, although the punch could have happened midway in the conversation. 2.) Trayvon Martin was clearly scared of Zimmerman, as reflected in his conversation with Rachel Jeantel. Labeling Zimmerman as a "creepy a$$ kracka" may contain a racial slur, but IMO at the time it was used, it was merely to describe Zimmerman rather than hate. So if Trayvon was scared of his pursuer, why attack him unless it was meant as a preemtive strike? Did George say something to provoke the attack? Did he reach for his gun during the convo?

Unfortunately there is not enough evidence or eyewitnesses to tell us the true story in those 4-8 minutes after Trayvon ran off and George got out of his car in pursuit. The most important witness for the defense was pretty adamant he saw Trayvon on top throwing downward strikes, which is pretty damning testimony. Prosecution's star witness, Rachel Jeantel, showed inconsistency and inaccuracy, and even admitted that she didn't take one of her interviews seriously.

Prosecution failed, Zimmerman walks free and is innocent in the eyes of the law, and while he may have won the case, he will have to live with the fact that he killed an unarmed teenager who was, at worst, simply looking to get high, and that the entire incident could have been easily avoided.
HansonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #156
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
adambomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Noitacol
Posts: 3,841
Thanked 642 Times in 230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Fact of the matter is, it's about what the law is and how the law is applied and THAT is the only thing that matters.
True that.

A jury of his peers found George Zimmerman 100% not guilty. End of Story.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonBoy View Post
Labeling Zimmerman as a "creepy a$$ kracka" may contain a racial slur, but IMO at the time it was used, it was merely to describe Zimmerman rather than hate.
If I reference to someone as that super-smart chink in my math class. Or that stanky hindu chemistry major. Is that cool?
__________________
...

Last edited by adambomb; 07-16-2013 at 08:15 AM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #157
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
True that.

A jury of his peers found George Zimmerman 100% not guilty. End of Story.
Sorry that I'm not sorry about your lack of knowledge of how the American Legal System works...It's not "end of story" as he could be retried still...and there's no such thing as "100%" not guilty, only 100% guilty..He could've very well been 1% not-guilty in the eyes of the jurors and still gotten off.
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #158
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: n zone
Posts: 2,680
Thanked 1,928 Times in 612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Good day, sheep.
shine some knowledge on us unenlightened sheeple...hahahaha nah jk that diatribe was pointless and asinine
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #159
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,418 Times in 3,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
True that.

A jury of his peers found George Zimmerman 100% not guilty. End of Story.




If I reference to someone as that super-smart chink in my math class. Or that stanky hindu chemistry major. Is that cool?
Should you get murdered for it? Wether he called him a cracker or a Beaner or a fucking jewbag is irrelevant to the case. I really don't understand why anyone thinks what he called Zimmerman changes what should have been the outcome of the situation or the case.
Posted via RS Mobile
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #160
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Another thug off the streets, thanks to a vigilant neighbour.

When tried by a jury of his peers, he was deemed not guilty.

I'd be happy to have him watching my block.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #161
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
adambomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Noitacol
Posts: 3,841
Thanked 642 Times in 230 Posts
__________________
...

Last edited by adambomb; 07-16-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Double Post
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #162
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
adambomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Noitacol
Posts: 3,841
Thanked 642 Times in 230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Sorry that I'm not sorry about your lack of knowledge of how the American Legal System works...It's not "end of story" as he could be retried still...and there's no such thing as "100%" not guilty, only 100% guilty..He could've very well been 1% not-guilty in the eyes of the jurors and still gotten off.
You're probably right, it isn't over yet. Like dangonay mentioned, there could be a civil suit on the way. Until then, like OJ, Zimmerman is a free man. Free to book/movie deals, HBO specials, Fox News exclusives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Should you get murdered for it? Wether he called him a cracker or a Beaner or a fucking jewbag is irrelevant to the case. I really don't understand why anyone thinks what he called Zimmerman changes what should have been the outcome of the situation or the case.
Posted via RS Mobile
I just wanted people to understand that Trayvon is as much racist as Zimmerman is or people are making him out to be. You have to admit, the media did a pretty good job at making it seem like a young Barack Obama was killed because the president said..."If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."
__________________
...
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #163
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Spoiler!



its getting pathetic now, people are being arrested for assault and looting stores over this one fucking story...give me a break...these people are no better than Zimmerman.


and just for shits n giggles since I was watching this the other day
Spoiler!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #164
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ricemond
Posts: 665
Thanked 706 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Spoiler!


All this extra shit you're getting into is really irrelevant when it comes to this case at hand. It simply does not matter. The only issue is/was is whether Zimmerman honestly felt that he was in danger of losing his life...Do you think he thought he was legitimately going to lose his life in the hands of a child? He had one hit to the ground caused by Martin, do you honestly think a reasonable person would think they were going to die from a fist fight with a 17 year old kid? The guy had a gun...he was prepared for the worst case scenario...What would he have done if he didn't have the gun? How would he have escaped the wrath of 17 year old Martin? He wouldn't have been able to shoot himself out of it...you think he would've been killed by Martin?

This is the part that gets me too. I don't understand how a 250 pound man with a gun would be scared of a 140 pound teenager that has a bag of skittles.
__________________
'99 SH Prelude - Sold Nov 2009
'02 E46 M3 - Bought Feb 2010 - Daily Driver
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #165
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
mikemhg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 697
Thanked 684 Times in 233 Posts
I'm pretty shocked Zimmerman walks off scott free, let's be real here, there is a serious racial issue in the American Justice system, this case notwithstanding. Looking at the data it is impossible to deny the fact that blacks are charged with crimes and have a higher incarceration rate than white offenders. That is simply truth here, it's a problem that needs to be addressed, this case only strokes the fire.

While I don't believe Zimmerman is a murderer, he should have received a sentence of Manslaughter, I have no doubt such case would end with that result here in Canada. Zimmerman chose to bring his gun and follow Trayvon, this was a confrontation of fists against a pistol, one man died in the process. Is it fair that a family loses a son (who is innocent of any wrongdoing) and yet Zimmerman walks away as a free man, without even a criminal record to show for it? I'm sorry, but being a scared pussy is not a viable defense. Very disappointing verdict, especially when comparing the case of Marissa Alexandra (also in Florida). Where this woman (who happens to be black), fired off a warning shot in her house to warn off her abusive boyfriend. Her boyfriend was not hit by the bullet, yet the state denied her self-defense claim, and she was convicted and sentences to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander case in spotlight after Zimmerman trial - The Washington Post

This is what makes people get so angry at this case, the rules of law seem to apply very different from one group of people to another. That isn't right, you can't have a fair and just legal system if rules apply different to those of different race or gender. This truth has to be addressed in the US, the Zimmerman verdict is a small distraction from the overall bigger issue here.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to be Zimmerman right now, his life is going to suck pretty badly for the foreseeable future.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #166
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
This is the part that gets me too. I don't understand how a 250 pound man with a gun would be scared of a 140 pound teenager that has a bag of skittles.
simple.

it was dark out. hes no clue what the kid has on him. its not like the kid had a fucking lit up 10ft billboard over his head with a giant arrow pointing to his pockets saying "skittles!!!"

with me walking down east hastings/main street at 2am, even I feel sketched out when a little 130lb junkie walks past me...I don't know if the guys got a knife and willing to stab someone for their wallet just so they can get their fix. I could easily take the guy if he were to attack me, but for that brief 3-4 seconds during the attack, id be having a million things running through my mind and I would do anything to get him off/away from me.

if this case was the other way around, Zimmerman was black, and treyvon was Spanish or whatever it is Zimmerman is, you'd see black people all over America with signs saying "another brotha down" and "free Zimmerman" etc etc. from personal experience what I see, its as if the black community look out for the black community, doesn't matter how wrong they are, in their minds, they're innocent. just like the commercial drive area is an Italian community...they look out for them selves and help each other out....that gentrification bullshit, they're all east van people sticking together trying to get their stupid points out, the old topic of full Asian signs in Richmond, seemed as if 80% of the people who said they didn't care were Asian as it didn't affect them at all.

Last edited by stewie; 07-16-2013 at 10:38 AM.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #167
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ricemond
Posts: 665
Thanked 706 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
with me walking down east hastings/main street at 2am, even I feel sketched out when a little 130lb junkie walks past me...I don't know if the guys got a knife and willing to stab someone for their wallet just so they can get their fix. I could easily take the guy if he were to attack me, but for that brief 3-4 seconds during the attack, id be having a million things running through my mind and I would do anything to get him off/away from me.
Yeah... you're comparing a junkie to a harmless teenager.

So if you were Zimmerman and that junkie was Trayvon. You think you'd go up to him and try to confront him? making him aggravated to attack you?

No you wouldn't. You'd keep walking past the junkie hoping no confrontation happens.

If Zimmerman was scared for his life, why would he go up to Trayvon to initiate the first point of contact with him? Why couldn't he just phone the cops and sit behind the window of his house?

I'm not taking race into this at all.. no need to bring up what if Zimmerman was black.

Zimmerman got off because there wasn't enough evidence. That's how our justice system works. I still think it's stupid as fuck for a 250 pound man to claim self defense on a 140 pound teenager, especially when Zimmerman had a gun and Trayvon had skittles.
__________________
'99 SH Prelude - Sold Nov 2009
'02 E46 M3 - Bought Feb 2010 - Daily Driver
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #168
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,031
Thanked 1,504 Times in 525 Posts
when they act like they do, breaking windows and assaulting strangers WHO HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS EVENT, i cant feel sorry for them.

infact, police should have upgraded to rubber bullets instead of bean bag rounds and put these mother fuckers down. full riot gear and crack some fucking skulls.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #169
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post


If Zimmerman was scared for his life, why would he go up to Trayvon to initiate the first point of contact with him? Why couldn't he just phone the cops and sit behind the window of his house?
Because he's not a pussy, and stood up and took matters into his own hands, something people don't do enough of.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #170
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 916
Thanked 691 Times in 226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
if this case was the other way around, Zimmerman was black, and treyvon was Spanish or whatever it is Zimmerman is, you'd see black people all over America with signs saying "another brotha down" and "free Zimmerman" etc etc. from personal experience what I see, its as if the black community look out for the black community, doesn't matter how wrong they are, in their minds, they're innocent. just like the commercial drive area is an Italian community...they look out for them selves and help each other out....that gentrification bullshit, they're all east van people sticking together trying to get their stupid points out, the old topic of full Asian signs in Richmond, seemed as if 80% of the people who said they didn't care were Asian as it didn't affect them at all.
It also doesn't help when you have people like Al Sharpton trying to get people riled up so he could make his next big pay cheque.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #171
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Yeah... you're comparing a junkie to a harmless teenager.

So if you were Zimmerman and that junkie was Trayvon. You think you'd go up to him and try to confront him? making him aggravated to attack you?

No you wouldn't. You'd keep walking past the junkie hoping no confrontation happens.

If Zimmerman was scared for his life, why would he go up to Trayvon to initiate the first point of contact with him? Why couldn't he just phone the cops and sit behind the window of his house?

I'm not taking race into this at all.. no need to bring up what if Zimmerman was black.

Zimmerman got off because there wasn't enough evidence. That's how our justice system works. I still think it's stupid as fuck for a 250 pound man to claim self defense on a 140 pound teenager, especially when Zimmerman had a gun and Trayvon had skittles.
do I know hes a harmless teenager? when a cop pulls up to a suspicious 17 year old at that time of night while the kid is wearing exactly what treyvon was, do they approach him with hugs or with their hand on their taser as a precaution?

if I lived in a gated community, and I was a volunteer neighborhood watch, I see a person walking around LATE at night, you bet your damn ass id confront him. in a second. hes no longer on the streets, but now in a gated community where I live. theres been a lot of robberies lately, and I think this person is up to no good. my house could be potentially at stake.

maybe he went up to trayvon to talk to him, put his hand on his shoulder to get him to turn around, and trayvon threw the first punch, who the fuck knows, hell it doesn't even need to be a punch, he could have just pushed him hard in the chest. you push me, I push you, one thing leads to another, you started it, I ended it.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #172
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post

I just wanted people to understand that Trayvon is as much racist as Zimmerman is or people are making him out to be.
Absolutely, which is why this should have NOTHING to do with race or racism. This case is about a man with a gun who provoked an altercation and used a gun to kill a kid. Colour of Zimmerman's skin and the colour of Martin's skin shouldn't even be relevant. THEY'RE BOTH minorities for crying out loud lol.
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #173
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,739
Thanked 7,285 Times in 2,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
Another thug off the streets, thanks to a vigilant neighbour.

When tried by a jury of his peers, he was deemed not guilty.

I'd be happy to have him watching my block.
Posted via RS Mobile
I like your style
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #174
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
HansonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: eastside
Posts: 131
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
with me walking down east hastings/main street at 2am, even I feel sketched out when a little 130lb junkie walks past me...I don't know if the guys got a knife and willing to stab someone for their wallet just so they can get their fix. I could easily take the guy if he were to attack me, but for that brief 3-4 seconds during the attack, id be having a million things running through my mind and I would do anything to get him off/away from me.
If the guy walk pasts you, then after awhile, actually turns around, and slowly pursues you.. would that freak you out?

Well, this is probably how Trayvon felt. A stranger in a van watching him, then actually gets out and follows him. Why didn't Zimmerman honk his horn? Why didn't he stick his head out of the window while remaining in the safety of his car, and yell at the kid asking him what he's up to, while identifying himself as a neighborhood watchman. George Zimmerman never did any of this, because he had already decided beforehand that Trayvon was guilty, and up to no good.

And remember, back then he wasn't the hodgy podgy Zimmerman, who looks like he wouldn't even hurt a fly:



No. He looked like this.

Spoiler!
HansonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #175
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonBoy View Post
If the guy walk pasts you, then after awhile, actually turns around, and slowly pursues you.. would that freak you out?

Well, this is probably how Trayvon felt. A stranger in a van watching him, then actually gets out and follows him. Why didn't Zimmerman honk his horn? Why didn't he stick his head out of the window while remaining in the safety of his car, and yell at the kid asking him what he's up to, while identifying himself as a neighborhood watchman. George Zimmerman never did any of this, because he had already decided beforehand that Trayvon was guilty, and up to no good.

And remember, back then he wasn't the hodgy podgy Zimmerman, who looks like he wouldn't even hurt a fly:



No. He looked like this.

Spoiler!
would I freak out? yeah, who wouldn't...at least id turn around every few steps and if I noticed hes still following me id stop and ask him wtf he wants from a distance. if no reply, then fuck him, ill either turn around and run, or ill stay there and potentially get stabbed or beat up..

why would he honk his horn??? that's just plain stupid..yes, lets honk our horn, startle the kid who could be a potential robber, and have him run and get away. or, lets stick our head out the window, middle of the night, I can see at least 100 yards...after that, we'll put this suspicious man on the honor system and hope he wont be a possible burglar. addressing himself as a neighborhood watchmen is pointless, that's as stupid as watching dumb and dumber when jim carey tries to run onto the plane through the jetway..when stopped by the air line official guy, he turns and says "its okay, im a limo driver!!!" and flashes his badge...completely pointless, hes no authority so who cares...he was doing what a good neighborhood watch would do. he never claimed that trayvon was guilty before he approached him. he went to him to find out who he is and where hes going, see if he has a reason to be there, that doesn't mean that he found him guilty. he was just finding out more as to why he was there/who he was etc.

dear god, hes gained some weight as he aged...who would have thought!!! wow, mind blown...don't forget, half the ppl on here probably look like little hooligan thugs back in highschool and now look like respectable people who "wouldn't hurt a fly".
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net