REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
this story just makes me so sad and upset...
Advertisement
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
Hey! I got failed by MindBomber again! What a surprise!
In this statement you infer the American judicial system is better than ours, "Atleast in the USA, his trial should start soon and he'll go to jail soon. None of the delays that you see in Canada." I strongly, strongly disagree, because in Canada Zimmerman would have been arrested and arraigned on first degree murder charges already. If it takes time to get him into the court room, so be it. In America the ridiculous gun laws and general attitude leave me doubting that Zimmerman will face charges, I created this thread for that reason.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-01-2012 at 10:48 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #28
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Dateline tonight is going to feature Trayvon Martin.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Trayvon Martin Video Shows No Blood or Bruises on George Zimmerman

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #30
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
You remember the guy throwing rocks at cars and getting shot with a crossbow? A lot of people said he got what he deserved. Almost getting killed for throwing rocks. That sounds like fair payback.
Don't be fucking stupid and throw rocks. Then you won't be shot with a cross bow. Either way, he was wrong to throw rocks. Don't be stupid...and you won't be shot with a crossbow.

Completely different situation. What are you going to say to this kid? Don't eat Skittles? Don't drink iced tea? Don't walk around with a hoodie on?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #31
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
What are you going to say to this kid? Don't eat Skittles? Don't drink iced tea? Don't walk around with a hoodie on?
Actually....

oh Geraldo
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #32
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Sigh..this injustice makes me speechless
Sounds like the court officials just want to protect the white man, like there isnt enough evidence?
Refer to prestos gif
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #33
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
apparently there are new updated recent photo's of zimmerman and martin.

pictures of martin looking thug-ish with grills and shit. reports of him causing trouble at school and what not. i'm sure its on the net somewhere now, i can't quite remember the source.

zimmerman stated that martin punched him and slammed his head in the sidewalk.

Leaked police report tells George Zimmerman

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #34
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Typical Fox News drivel I suppose.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Exclusive: Video of George Zimmerman Shows No Blood, Bruises

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News
Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Most of you have already shared my sentiments and stated my opinions but I still wanted to say:

#fuckzimmerman
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #37
nah

I have feeling karma is going to be coming back at Zimmerman eventually if the courts don't do anything.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
The police should pick this guy up because the way things are brewing right now, someone might just take a run at him.

Zimmerman is fucked either way, his life is over whether he gets out of this or not. If he doesn't end up in jail, someone will kill him on the outside.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #39
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Can't someone else walk down, see this guy and kill him claiming he made a threatening gesture/move?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

I still don't understand what's going on. How can so much evidence showing that it wasn't self defence, multiple witnesses, now surveillance video from the police station showing no injury still not get this guy arrested? Put the police who attended him in front of a court full of people and see if they are willing to perjure themselves. If he was hurt, then paramedics would've been on scene as well. Where are the statements from police? Paramedics? This story makes absolutely no sense to me why no one is held liable yet.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #41
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post

Quote:
2 killed, 11 wounded in Chicago shootings Thursday

Associated Press Sports

updated 7:18 p.m. ET March 30, 2012

CHICAGO (AP) - A nephew of Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade was one of 13 men shot - two fatally - during a violent six-hour stretch in Chicago, another indication that violence is on the rise in the nation's third-largest city.

A spokesperson for Wade confirmed that his nephew was one of those injured in a Thursday shooting at a convenience store. The spokesperson declined to confirm the nephew's name or condition.

Wade, a Chicago native, was playing in a game at Toronto on Friday night.

Wade's nephew was one of six males shot at a store on Chicago's South Side at about 6 p.m. Thursday by hooded men who police said fled the scene in an SUV. One man was dead at the scene and four others - ranging in age from 16 to 24 - were hospitalized in critical condition. The Cook County medical examiner's office identified the slain man as Shawndell Harris, 22.
Just sayin..

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #42
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

So now zimmerman launched a website asking for donations:

Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman launches website | News | National Post
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #43
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
So now zimmerman launched a website asking for donations:

Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman launches website | News | National Post
Time to launch some canons ?

For those that are lazy:

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/Home_Page.php

This is such a poorly done website lol ...
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #44
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
Zimmerman's lawyers bail out:
Attorneys for Trayvon Martin shooter Zimmerman withdraw from case | Reuters

Quote:
(Reuters) - George Zimmerman's lawyers withdrew from his defense on Tuesday after the man who shot and killed an unarmed black Florida teenager telephoned prosecutors directly, contacted a television journalist and set up a website all without their knowledge.

Defense lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig said they lost contact with their client on Sunday and were concerned for his mental and physical health following a wave a protests across the country that have demanded Zimmerman's arrest for the death of Trayvon Martin, 17.

"We have lost contact with him," Sonner told a news conference outside the Seminole County Courthouse in Sanford, Florida, the town where Martin was shot.

The decision by the lawyers to step down marks the latest twist in a case that has captured national attention because of race and Florida's controversial self-defense laws.

Martin was black and Zimmerman is white and Hispanic.

Zimmerman, 28, has not been charged in the case and has been in hiding since the shooting incident exploded into the public consciousness. Sonner and Uhrig declined on Tuesday to say where Zimmerman was except to say he was in the United States.

Uhrig said he remains concerned about his former client's mental and physical health, calling the investigation and the media attention "a terribly corrosive process."

"He probably watches more of this every day than he should," Uhrig said. "He's emotionally alone, and you might even say emotionally crippled."

The lawyers said they would return to representing Zimmerman if he were to reach out and request their services.

For the time being, however, both attorneys said they were concerned he was taking action in the case without their advice.

They said they were particularly concerned that Zimmerman had telephoned the special prosecutor's office and offered to answer questions. The prosecutor's office told the attorneys about Zimmerman's call and said they declined to meet or speak with him without his legal representation.

On Monday, Zimmerman launched a website to raise money for his legal defense and living expenses while he awaits the decision over possible charges against him.

The website, called therealgeorgezimmerman.com, offers one of the first publicly available comments from Zimmerman since he went into hiding after the shooting on February 26.

"I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage," Zimmerman says on the home page.

Sanford police declined to arrest Zimmerman after the shooting, saying they found no evidence to contradict his account that he acted in self-defense. Police cited Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, which allows people to use deadly force against adversaries when they fear great bodily harm or death.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #45

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Update: "George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says"

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says - The Washington Post
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #46
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
^ He's in custody and facing 2nd degree murder charge. Just saw announcement on CNN.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #47
Zombie Mod

^^^

George Zimmerman charged, is in custody - CNN.com

Quote:
(CNN) -- George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who says he was acting in self-defense when he fatally shot an unarmed teenager in Sanford, Florida, has been charged with second-degree murder, a special prosecutor announced Wednesday.

Zimmerman was arrested on a warrant and was in the custody of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, his new attorney, Mark O'Mara, told CNN legal analyst Mark NeJame.

The charges were announced in Jacksonville by prosecutor Angela Corey, who has said her job was "to find out the full truth" about the February 26 incident in Sanford.

"We did not come to this decision lightly," she told reporters.

What do you think about the decision to charge Zimmerman?

For weeks, Trayvon Martin's parents have demanded an arrest in their 17-year-old son's shooting death. His mother, Sybrina Fulton, said earlier Wednesday, "I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that justice will be served."

Zimmerman's claim of self-defense failed to quell an uproar about the decision by Sanford police not to initially charge him and about Florida's "stand your ground" law, which allows the use of deadly force by anyone who feels a reasonable threat of death or serious injury.

Trayvon Martin case has a tough, controversial prosecutor

Corey declined to disclose where Zimmerman was being held.

In Florida, a conviction for second-degree murder carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Lawyers for Zimmerman are entitled to request bond, Corey said. Once they do so, a bond hearing will be held.

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said Corey "threw the book" at Zimmerman.

The Rev. Al Sharpton appeared with Martin's parents after Corey's announcement.

"They charged him with a serious crime," Sharpton said of Zimmerman. "He deserves a fair trial. We don't want anybody high-fiving tonight. There's no victory here. There are no winners here. They've lost their son."

Although details of the evening shooting remain murky, what is known is that Martin, an African-American, ventured out from his father's fiancee's home in Sanford to get a snack at a nearby convenience store.

As he walked back with a bag of Skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea, he was shot and killed by Zimmerman, who is Hispanic. Zimmerman, 28, had called 911 to complain about a suspicious person in the neighborhood, according to authorities.

Authorities have said Zimmerman was not immediately charged because there were no grounds, at the outset, to disprove his account that he'd acted to protect himself. A police report indicated the volunteer was bleeding from the nose and the back of his head.

Florida Rep. Dennis Baxley, who sponsored the "stand your ground" law in 2005, said nothing in it allows people to "pursue and confront."

In a letter last month to the Orlando Sentinel, George Zimmerman's father wrote that his son has been unfairly portrayed as a racist.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #48
Zombie Mod

Zimmerman's website rakes in $200,000:
Zimmerman lawyer tells judge website raised $200,000 | CTV Ottawa | CTV News

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. — A judge is considering whether to raise or revoke the bond for the U.S. man charged with murder in the shooting of an unarmed black teen after the man's lawyer told the judge a website had raised $200,000 for his defence.

The attorney for George Zimmerman told the judge Friday he didn't know his client had raised the money before a bond hearing last week in which his client was granted $150,000 bond.

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin after weeks without an arrest led to protests nationwide over racial profiling and controversial self-defence laws in Florida and other states. Martin was black; Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is from Peru.

Zimmerman has gone into hiding since his release this week after paying 10 per cent of his bail, though he has to wear a GPS ankle bracelet that authorities can use to track his location.

Florida Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said Friday he wanted more information about the money and what Zimmerman knew before deciding whether to revoke or raise his bond.

The lawyer for Martin's parents, Benjamin Crump, said Friday he has asked the prosecutor to request that the judge revoke Zimmerman's bail for not disclosing at the original hearing last week how much money he had.

"This is a bombshell that was dropped," Crump told The Associated Press. He said the parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, were "offended" that Zimmerman failed to inform the court of the money.

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, told CNN late Thursday the $200,000 was raised by a website Zimmerman set up for his legal defence. The website has since been shut down, but O'Mara said he'll likely start a new defence fund.

O'Mara did not immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press.

Friday's hearing was initially scheduled to deal with the request by several media organizations, including The Associated Press, to unseal documents from Zimmerman's court file.

Lester said he would not stop Zimmerman's attorneys from talking to the media if they chose. The prosecution had asked for a gag order on those involved in the trial.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #49
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
This whole situation is bullshit, but that seems to be what's expected for news coming out of Florida. There's a reason why this GIF sees a lot of usage:
This reminds me of that time I watched Hood Life Volume 3. It was like a third world country. I'd link it but it's not work safe in the least. Youtube it. You will rage.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #50
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Who in the hell gave this man $200k?! Why on earth would you give your hard earned money to a guy that SHOT A KID!?!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote