REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #101
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

For everyone who has some sort of idea that Zimmerman was actually out there for the community following this suspicious black male, well I tell you that there are always two sides to the truth. Yes there were a string of robberies and Zimmerman could be worried and just doing a duty of a fellow neighborhood hero of reporting this suspicious behaviour. As I was reading the articles and comments I can only conclude in my opinion that Zimmerman is just using this reason to escape his own paranoia. I'm not saying hes crazy or something but I'm pretty sure this guy has some sort of degree of mental issues.

Quote:
9. Zimmerman called the police 46 times since Jan. 1, 2011. [Miami Herald]
10. According to neighbors, Zimmerman was “fixated on crime and focused on young, black males.” [Miami Herald]
11. Zimmerman “had been the subject of complaints by neighbors in his gated community for aggressive tactics” [Huffington Post]
This guy called 911 in 1 year more times than the old lady across the street fearing for her life. Seriously it really tells you something about this guy and how his paranoia is quite extensive.

Even his neighbors thinks hes Batman with a cellphone and a 9mm.

And even his neighbors hate this guy for his aggressive paranoia and tactics.

IMO this guy I swear to god reminds me of those people who thinks they are heroes and need to look out for society. They have a gun or whatever at least some sort of authoritative power, and they are always on the lookout for crime to solve but their civilian status just deems that whatever they are doing is unecessary. Then low and behold, shit goes down and someone dies. I'm just throwing it out there that this is exactly what I'm feeling from this story.
Advertisement
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #102
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #103
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Fact is you only have Zimmermans version that he stopped stalking Trayvon you can't take his story as fact given the circumstances of him killing someone
Sure we can take Zimmermans account as fact. After all, he was there, right? And I'm sure he's incapable of lying and would NEVER distort the facts at all in order to keep his ass out of prison.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #104
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
For everyone who has some sort of idea that Zimmerman was actually out there for the community following this suspicious black male, well I tell you that there are always two sides to the truth. Yes there were a string of robberies and Zimmerman could be worried and just doing a duty of a fellow neighborhood hero of reporting this suspicious behaviour. As I was reading the articles and comments I can only conclude in my opinion that Zimmerman is just using this reason to escape his own paranoia. I'm not saying hes crazy or something but I'm pretty sure this guy has some sort of degree of mental issues.

This guy called 911 in 1 year more times than the old lady across the street fearing for her life. Seriously it really tells you something about this guy and how his paranoia is quite extensive.

Even his neighbors thinks hes Batman with a cellphone and a 9mm.

And even his neighbors hate this guy for his aggressive paranoia and tactics.

IMO this guy I swear to god reminds me of those people who thinks they are heroes and need to look out for society. They have a gun or whatever at least some sort of authoritative power, and they are always on the lookout for crime to solve but their civilian status just deems that whatever they are doing is unecessary. Then low and behold, shit goes down and someone dies. I'm just throwing it out there that this is exactly what I'm feeling from this story.

to add to that Zimmerman was also charged with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest back in 2005 so we know he's an aggressive person

those charges were dropped due to the officer supposedly not identifying himself

odd that the prosecution didnt try to get that officer involved to testify on Zimmermans skills at fighting since the defense was playing Zimmerman up as a weakling that would "lose to his own shadow" in a shadow boxing match and had multiple witnesses in regards to his fighting ability
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #105
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
to add to that Zimmerman was also charged with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest back in 2005 so we know he's an aggressive person

those charges were dropped due to the officer supposedly not identifying himself

odd that the prosecution didnt try to get that officer involved to testify on Zimmermans skills at fighting since the defense was playing Zimmerman up as a weakling that would "lose to his own shadow" in a shadow boxing match and had multiple witnesses in regards to his fighting ability
Also, when questioned by authorities Zimmerman lied about knowing the stand your ground law. He had previously taken a course on it and was an A student.

Where do they find these juries. I think any sensible person would find Zimmerman guilty.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #106
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
Also, when questioned by authorities Zimmerman lied about knowing the stand your ground law. He had previously taken a course on it and was an A student.

Where do they find these juries. I think any sensible person would find Zimmerman guilty.
Beyond a reasonable doubt.

Let's work that through for those that want to convict him on the court of public opinion.

Beyond a reasonable doubt. He has cuts on the back of his head, a bloody nose and the kid had marks on his knuckles.

End of story, that is beyond a reasonable doubt.

So the only question is, did he intentionally stalk the kid to attempt to provoke a fight? No one can get in his head, so I don't think we'll know. I will say that most people don't call the cops when they want to shoot someone, or get in an altercation with them. More doubt.

Lots of bad decisions were made. I think he'd have a much harder time I na wrongful death suit. I still think ultimately he'll walk on the cuts and his nose.

As I said, if these people want to get angry, change the laws concerning what constitutes self defence. It's very hard to have a clear cut self defence, because if he waits until he's getting his shit kicked in it may be too late.

And ps, you can't even defend yourself in canada, so that's a new concern for us all.
Posted via RS Mobile
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #107
The sound of inevitability

Or maybe Trayvon was a racist who called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker", as told by his girlfriend or whatever that landwhale's name was.

If Zimmerman used 'nigger' at any point in time, you'd all be over him, fuck off with your shitty ass double standards.

Again, Trayvon had 4 god damn minutes to go home AFTER Zimmerman lost sight of him. He didn't, he stayed and confronted Zimmerman. This is just another case of a pice of shit thug that got what he deserved but the media blew out of proportion and made a monster out of Zimmerman for ratings, ignoring the fact that thousands of black kids have fucking died in CHICAGO ALONE since 2012..
All murdered by other blacks. But hey, whatever takes us away from the real problem. Let's not address it, let's make a monster out of Zimmerman in the media before he's even tried and make threats against him via facebook, twitter and tumblr while using racial epitaths like "Crackers" "Whitey" , etc..

If you have common sense, you know Trayvon was hitting Zimmerman, as Zimmerman had the broken nose, bloody head and whatever else.

No way is he pounding away at Zimmerman and screaming "HELP HELP!"
Nice fantasy though.

And you all defend this dead moron without ever having to experience this ghetto shit culture that people who live here get to experience.

Whatever though, this cocksucker of a race baiting president will find a way to take away the attention from the NSA and send in the DOJ to investigate the Zimmerman case.. oh wait, he's already on it.

My favorite part about all of this is having idiots tell me "If Trayshit was white..."

Here you go.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top...tt-not-guilty/

or this one with the pic of the kid

http://themartialist.net/?p=306

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 07-15-2013 at 06:16 AM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #108
The sound of inevitability

Also, more innocent "youth" being totally non racist and non confrontational.

Trayvon Martin: Los Angeles protesters block road - video | World news | guardian.co.uk

Remember, not racism !
These kids are the astronauts of tomorrow.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #109
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The7even, why are you so hung up on race? He stalked someone that was just walking and then shot him. Doesn't matter what race they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
My favorite part about all of this is having idiots tell me "If Trayshit was white..."

Here you go.

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty - Rochester

Roderick Scott Trial: What?s Wrong with New York? | The Martialist
Roderick Scott caught those kids breaking into cars and confronted them. That's suspicious. Someone walking down the street is not.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #110
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
The7even, why are you so hung up on race? He stalked someone that was just walking and then shot him. Doesn't matter what race they are.

Roderick Scott caught those kids breaking into cars and confronted them. That's suspicious. Someone walking down the street is not.
im kinda sitting in the same boat as the7even.

this had the race card pulled on it and blew it way the fuck outta proportion.

how many white/Asian/Mexican/black people have been killed in car jackings and street stick ups from someone of a different race...yet nothing is ever heard of those...just local news stations.

theres always stories of 14 year old kids breaking into peoples houses, robbing them and even killing them every now and then just so this kid can be part of some useless drug dealing gang. those stories don't make it past the town they live in. but its okay, hes just a misguided youth, surely his parents raising him had nothing to do with it.

fuck the race card. man A killed man B.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #111
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

If a black person would have killed this kid nobody would be talking about it.
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #112

Quote:
Or maybe Trayvon was a racist who called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker", as told by his girlfriend or whatever that landwhale's name was.
Who cares if Trayvon referred to him as a creepy cracker to his friend on the phone? what you should be able to glean from that is Zimmerman was clearly stalking Trayvon to the point that Trayvon noticed a creepy old guy following him that he had to tell someone about it.

Quote:
If Zimmerman used 'nigger' at any point in time, you'd all be over him, fuck off with your shitty ass double standards.
it wouldn't be a double standard because Zimmerman is the one following the kid..

Quote:
Again, Trayvon had 4 god damn minutes to go home AFTER Zimmerman lost sight of him.
how do you know Zimmerman lost sight of him? oh because of Zimmermans story that he stopped stalking a kid and went back to his car?

Cut out the next portion of your remarks because it has absolutely nothing to do with Trayvon and Zimmermans encounter

Quote:
If you have common sense, you know Trayvon was hitting Zimmerman, as Zimmerman had the broken nose, bloody head and whatever else.
correct me if im wrong but i think it was noted that Trayvons knuckles didn't exhibit any injury or dna of zimmermans? regardless

just because you're winning a fight doesn't mean you started the fight.

Quote:
No way is he pounding away at Zimmerman and screaming "HELP HELP!"
Nice fantasy though.
except when he saw a gun...

Quote:
And you all defend this dead moron without ever having to experience this ghetto shit culture that people who live here get to experience.
what does your experience with "ghetto shit culture" have to do with Trayvon Martin?? absolutely nothing except you're own hatred of it is profiling Trayvon Martin as such...

Quote:
Whatever though, this cocksucker of a race baiting president will find a way to take away the attention from the NSA and send in the DOJ to investigate the Zimmerman case.. oh wait, he's already on it.
Doesn't have anything to do with the events... murder/death cases regardless of race gets a second look by the Federal government if the State fails to convict...

Quote:

Here you go.

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty - Rochester

Roderick Scott Trial: What?s Wrong with New York?$|$The Martialist
What does that have to do with Zimmermans innocence or guilt? nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
im kinda sitting in the same boat as the7even.

this had the race card pulled on it and blew it way the fuck outta proportion.
the public pulled the race card because Zimmerman wasn't even charged in the beginning for killing a teenager so the public yells and screams however they can to get the government to give this case a second look... imo if the public didn't do what they did this case would have been ignored.

Quote:
theres always stories of 14 year old kids breaking into peoples houses, robbing them and even killing them every now and then just so this kid can be part of some useless drug dealing gang. those stories don't make it past the town they live in. but its okay, hes just a misguided youth, surely his parents raising him had nothing to do with it.
what's that have to do with Trayvon Martin? he wasn't a criminal all he was doing was walking home from the corner store....

Quote:
Agreed but the public felt they had to use it to get the government to give this case a second look since it was dismissed at the beginning and it took 3 months and 2million petition signatures and a media frenzy to get the case reopened so unfortunately it seems that the race card had to be used 'Merica is still 'Merikuh
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #113
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post

man A killed child
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #114
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
man A killed child
A "child" would not start a fight with someone double his age, never mind beating that person into the ground.
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
A "child" would not start a fight with someone double his age, never mind beating that person into the ground.
agreed so Zimmerman must have started it you agree!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #116
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Zimmerman trial juror who doesn?t like to read to sign book deal, called Trayvon a ?boy of colour? | Globalnews.ca

dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #117
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
man A killed child

Lol a child. How many 17 year olds consider themselves children?

If the situation was reversed and Trayvon killed Zimmerman, I wouldn't be surprised if the judicial system tried him as an adult.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #118
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
Quote:
Guess what Trayshit did?
You really feel the need to call a dead 17 year old "Trayshit?" Wether your words had any validity or not, its all out the window when you speak like such a fucking moron. Its not self defense if you make the first aggressive contact, and if zimmerman wasn't accosting Trayvon to begin with, no one would be dead.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #119
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBettah View Post

If the situation was reversed and Trayvon killed Zimmerman, I wouldn't be surprised if the judicial system tried him as an adult.
I also bet that if treyvon was a few months older (18 years old) nobody would give a shit either.

-edited for an example I know

2 grade 12 students get into a fight, what happens? they get an in-school suspension for 3 days?

now, 2 grade 12 students fight, ones 17, ones 18, now what happens? one gets assault on a minor and cuffed and left with a nice little criminal record
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #120
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
the 7even sounds like a closet racist lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #121
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
I understand he has an issue with white people always being made out to be the "racist" ones, and anyone can slander white people with little to no repercussions. I agree thats bullshit, however its not really relevant to the real matter at hand here.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #122
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You really feel the need to call a dead 17 year old "Trayshit?" Wether your words had any validity or not, its all out the window when you speak like such a fucking moron. Its not self defense if you make the first aggressive contact, and if zimmerman wasn't accosting Trayvon to begin with, no one would be dead.
See himself as "non-confrontational" but keep calling a dead kid "Trayshit".
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #123

Quote:
irrelevant

14yr olds think their grown ups too so do 11yr olds etc.

hell you cant even drink til ur 21 in the states
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #124
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
irrelevant

14yr olds think their grown ups too so do 11yr olds etc.
In the US it's not unusual 14 year olds get tried as adults. Relevant.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #125

Quote:
In the US it's not unusual 14 year olds get tried as adults. Relevant.
12yr olds too Florida Boy, 12, Charged as an Adult in Brother's Murder | Fox News

and iirc a 9yr old was charged as an adult (i may be wrong though cant seem to google it) edit nope looks like the youngest as of 2011 is an 11yr old boy tried as an adult http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/2...ithout-parole/ (only country in the world ever to do so and the USA is 1 of 2 countries in the world to not recognize rights of children somalia being the other)

but its irrelevant if they charge children as adults for their crimes, they're exceptions to the rule, it doesn't change the fact that Trayvon is a child who didn't commit a crime
and your comment i was replying to you were speaking of how old children feel they are

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.