REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #76
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,486 Times in 551 Posts

Better quality.

I don't think the riot will be as bad as the one in 1992.
Advertisement
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #77
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
do we really need all these videos showing the verdict of not guilty? we already know...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #78
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Isn't it reasonable to believe that Martin would be alive if Zimmerman didn't follow and confront him?

Personally, I think that's enough to convict right there. Even if Tayvon beat the fuck out of Zimmerman, it's because some dick as bothering him while he was buying Skittles. And it's a gun against an unarmed teenager. I don't get how this guy gets off even with reasonable doubt. His actions caused this kid's death.

And if America knew what was good for them, they'd take a saw and cut Florida off and let that shit float to wherever Atlantis sunk. What a godforsaken hellhole...I swear half the fucked up news stories from MURICA come from America's Wang.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #79
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
They had a former prosecutor from New York on CNN and he made some interesting comments. He said if you bring a gun to a fist fight and kill the other person you're going to get convicted of manslaughter (if it happened in NY). He said there'd be no media circus and no press conferences by the prosecution - you'd be charged and convicted, plain and simple.

He also thought it odd that similar cases in different States have completely different outcomes based on the variations in local laws (I sensed he was poking fun at Florida).
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #80

There's not enough evidence/witnesses for 2nd degree murder there's a witness that says he thinks he say Martin on top of Zimmerman

and Zimmerman claims he wasn't stalking Martin but rather he stopped following Martin when 911 told him to (nothing to refute this) and there's zimmermans scratches to his head and bloody nose so 2nd degree=no

But Manslaughter imo should have been his sentence as long as there's a death Manslaughter is there to be placed
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #81
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
my buddy showed me this

lol notice anything?

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #82
...in the world.

LOL they stole some Vancouver riot footage?

I don't know how these people came to this conclusion. Even if Martin got the better of Zimmerman in a struggle and Zimmerman had to shoot him to prevent Martin from killing him, none of this would've happened if he didn't...

ZIMMERMAN: Hey kid, you look shady. Come with me to the police station.

MARTIN: What? Dude, I just went to buy an iced tea and Skittles.

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, but you're wearing a hoodie so you're obviously up to no good.

MARTIN: ...seriously? No, dude...fuck off.

I don't care what laws were in place and what evidence is where. If Zimmerman left Martin alone, none of this shit would've happened. Reason and logic determines that he's guilty. Stand your ground? He wouldn't have to stand his ground if he didn't pick a fight.

It might be the right verdict given the presented cases but simple common sense tells me he's guilty.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #83
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Isn't it reasonable to believe that Martin would be alive if Zimmerman didn't follow and confront him?

Personally, I think that's enough to convict right there. Even if Tayvon beat the fuck out of Zimmerman, it's because some dick as bothering him while he was buying Skittles. And it's a gun against an unarmed teenager. I don't get how this guy gets off even with reasonable doubt. His actions caused this kid's death.

And if America knew what was good for them, they'd take a saw and cut Florida off and let that shit float to wherever Atlantis sunk. What a godforsaken hellhole...I swear half the fucked up news stories from MURICA come from America's Wang.

No.. it is not reasonable to believe what you just said.
Let's stop ignoring the facts.
Trayvon was a thug and acted like one. Don't buy the 'he was still an embryo' story the bullshit media feeds you. They want to pull on peoples emotions, they made zimmerman a monster.
I followed the whole trial, every day it was on.
Trust me, no way is he guilty of anything but self defense.
The real problem here is the media that tries to race bait.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #84
...in the world.

Fact is Martin would be alive if Zimmerman minded his own goddamn business. I don't care about anyone being black or white or purple. Zimmerman confronted a guy and that guy is dead. I don't know what happened but if Zimmerman wasn't a nosy asshole, he wouldn't be on trial.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #85

Quote:
Fact is Martin would be alive if Zimmerman minded his own goddamn business. I don't care about anyone being black or white or purple. Zimmerman confronted a guy and that guy is dead. I don't know what happened but if Zimmerman wasn't a nosy asshole, he wouldn't be on trial.
Nosy asshole?

No offense but do you get your information from the media? Honest question, not being sarcastic.

He wasn't "nosy". He was doing his part of trying to prevent a string of robberies from occuring. Previous to him killing trayvon, there were many robberies occuring in his community. He even helped one of his neighboors that was robbed by providing her with a lock he bought him self and tried to organize his community and neighboors to try and keep an eye out for burglars.

If you didn't know, he was a neighborhood watch coordinator or leader. Either way, it was his business to observe and report.

He observed, he reported. He attempted to notify dispatch of the location of a suspect and upon being told to not follow, he returned to his car.. it was that on his way to his car that he was aproached by trayvon - who by the way called him a "creepy ass cracka" (not racist because racism doesn't exist against whites) and confronted him.

Also, on the tape that was made of the 9-11 call, you can clearly hear zimmerman calling for help for about 15-20 seconds. That's 20 seconds of getting your face smashed in and against concrete..

Anyone claiming that it was Trayvon calling for help.. LOL. Yeah..

Zimmerman = bloody and fucked up face and head
Trayvon = not a scratch on him - aside from the bullet

and you conclude that Zimmerman fucked up..

yeah, sure. Trayvon was pounding away at zimmerman while also screaming "HELP!! HELP!!"

Also, I know you're aware that Media is complete shit.. so why do you fall for their emotionally charged perspective - which by the way ignores facts and appeals to emotion only because it increases their ratings.

C'mon :/

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #86
...in the world.

I understand that my initial reactions in this thread were based on what I read. There wasn't a court case to follow at the time but since, my only reaction is that if Zimmerman didn't follow Martin, he wouldn't have been confronted by him. Neighborhood watch? What reason did he have to follow Martin? He wasn't committing a crime at the time.

There's plenty of reasonable doubt, which is why I mentioned that given the evidence (or lack of evidence), the ruling wasn't a surprise but logic tells me that a.) Martin was not committing a crime at the time, b.) Martin would not have attacked Zimmerman it Zimmerman did not follow Martin first and c.) that given that, Zimmerman caused a series of events that ended with Martin dead. He would not have to stand his ground if he didn't cause the fight.

I have no problem with thugs or gangbangers dying. I shrug and say good every time someone mentions a gangster shooting as long as no innocent people were harmed in the cross fire. I don't worry about those sorts of dude smashing me in the face because I'm not out there playing rent-a-cop.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #87
...in the world.

Where I do agree with Florida is that if someone enters your home illegally, you should be able to kill them where they stand. Neighborhood watch? Even if Martin was a thug, Zimmerman had no reasons other than Martin's blackness. I'm sure we've all seen some people that aren't very lawful everyday but none of us get our faces kicked in because we don't approach or interact with them.

I'm just restating because I don't think you get what point I'm making.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #88
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Nosy asshole?

No offense but do you get your information from the media? Honest question, not being sarcastic.

He wasn't "nosy". He was doing his part of trying to prevent a string of robberies from occuring. Previous to him killing trayvon, there were many robberies occuring in his community. He even helped one of his neighboors that was robbed by providing her with a lock he bought him self and tried to organize his community and neighboors to try and keep an eye out for burglars.

If you didn't know, he was a neighborhood watch coordinator or leader. Either way, it was his business to observe and report.

He observed, he reported. He attempted to notify dispatch of the location of a suspect and upon being told to not follow, he returned to his car.. it was that on his way to his car that he was aproached by trayvon - who by the way called him a "creepy ass cracka" (not racist because racism doesn't exist against whites) and confronted him.

Also, on the tape that was made of the 9-11 call, you can clearly hear zimmerman calling for help for about 15-20 seconds. That's 20 seconds of getting your face smashed in and against concrete..

Anyone claiming that it was Trayvon calling for help.. LOL. Yeah..

Zimmerman = bloody and fucked up face and head
Trayvon = not a scratch on him - aside from the bullet

and you conclude that Zimmerman fucked up..

yeah, sure. Trayvon was pounding away at zimmerman while also screaming "HELP!! HELP!!"

Also, I know you're aware that Media is complete shit.. so why do you fall for their emotionally charged perspective - which by the way ignores facts and appeals to emotion only because it increases their ratings.

C'mon :/
The media is full of shit most of the time. You are right about that. Zimmerman started a fight with a teenager and shot him with a gun. He provoked the whole confrontation. You're telling me this guy can't fight a teenager off? Something doesn't add up.

It's like me going up to someone on the street and pick a fight and then as we are fighting just shoot them. Is that self defense? Just cause Zimmerman had more bruises and cuts doesn't mean he's innocent. He just got his ass handed to him by a kid and then decided hey I have a gun, I'lll just shoot him because I'm losing the fight. That's second degree murder imo.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #89
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
my buddy showed me this

lol notice anything?

George Zimmerman Riots After Not Guilty Verdict - YouTube
lol fucking vancouver riot?

sheeps taking footage and adding a new title foolin everybody..hah

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #90

Quote:
I understand that my initial reactions in this thread were based on what I read. There wasn't a court case to follow at the time but since, my only reaction is that if Zimmerman didn't follow Martin, he wouldn't have been confronted by him. Neighborhood watch? What reason did he have to follow Martin? He wasn't committing a crime at the time.

There's plenty of reasonable doubt, which is why I mentioned that given the evidence (or lack of evidence), the ruling wasn't a surprise but logic tells me that a.) Martin was not committing a crime at the time, b.) Martin would not have attacked Zimmerman it Zimmerman did not follow Martin first and c.) that given that, Zimmerman caused a series of events that ended with Martin dead. He would not have to stand his ground if he didn't cause the fight.

I have no problem with thugs or gangbangers dying. I shrug and say good every time someone mentions a gangster shooting as long as no innocent people were harmed in the cross fire. I don't worry about those sorts of dude smashing me in the face because I'm not out there playing rent-a-cop.
Posted via RS Mobile
But Zimmerman didn't cause the fight.

It is not illegal to really follow someone from a distance to report them to the police if you think they're suspicious.

I don't know if you saw during the closing statements by the defense but Omara, Zimmermans lawyer, stopped talking for about 5 minutes and sat there, let the whole court take in how much time Trayvon had to go home .. but he didn't - he back tracked and attacked Zimmerman.

I urge you to watch some of it on youtube.

You are right, Trayvon wasn't commiting a crime, but the fact is that due to the previous string of burglaries, he thought that Trayvon looked suspicious because of his hoodie, and frankly, I would have thought the same.
Sorry, but how a person dresses is a factor in how they are judged, whether we like it or not.

With that said.. Zimmerman wasn't commiting a crime either, in fact, he was reporting someone suspicious to non emergency and was attacked on his way back to his car.

If you want to say that if he didn't get out of his car and try to get a location on Trayvon to let the police know where he is then he wouldn't have been confronted, then yeah, that's a point. But you can also say that if he didn't leave his house or if he didn't volunteer as a comminity watch or whatever, he wouldn't have killed Trayvon.
I could also say that if Trayvon didn't backtrack and confront Zimmerman, he wouldn't have been shot.

You cannot excuse Trayvon's attack on Zimmerman, no matter what he thought Zimmerman did.. which was try to find out where Trayvon was headed.

Remember, he attacked Zimmerman and he used racial epithat to describe George.. so why is Zimmerman the racist? He never called anyone a nigger, coon, whatever.. he called him a punk.. yet he's the racist.. and Trayvon called him a cracker, but his racial vulgarity is ignored.. why?

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
The media is full of shit most of the time. You are right about that. Zimmerman started a fight with a teenager and shot him with a gun. He provoked the whole confrontation. You're telling me this guy can't fight a teenager off? Something doesn't add up.

It's like me going up to someone on the street and pick a fight and then as we are fighting just shoot them. Is that self defense? Just cause Zimmerman had more bruises and cuts doesn't mean he's innocent. He just got his ass handed to him by a kid and then decided hey I have a gun, I'lll just shoot him because I'm losing the fight. That's second degree murder imo.
Toppest of lel's

I love the made up story you have there.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 07-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #92
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
What happened happened and like its been said so many times already only Zimmerman knows the real truth. At least he's an overall good person from the looks of things and not a serial killer or pedo and might reoffend. Sad story no questions asked but in certain places you have to be careful with how you look, act and say no matter how bad that sounds.
Posted via RS Mobile
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #93
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
But Zimmerman didn't cause the fight.

It is not illegal to really follow someone from a distance to report them to the police if you think they're suspicious.

I don't know if you saw during the closing statements by the defense but Omara, Zimmermans lawyer, stopped talking for about 5 minutes and sat there, let the whole court take in how much time Trayvon had to go home .. but he didn't - he back tracked and attacked Zimmerman.

I urge you to watch some of it on youtube.

You are right, Trayvon wasn't commiting a crime, but the fact is that due to the previous string of burglaries, he thought that Trayvon looked suspicious because of his hoodie, and frankly, I would have thought the same.
Sorry, but how a person dresses is a factor in how they are judged, whether we like it or not.

With that said.. Zimmerman wasn't commiting a crime either, in fact, he was reporting someone suspicious to non emergency and was attacked on his way back to his car.

If you want to say that if he didn't get out of his car and try to get a location on Trayvon to let the police know where he is then he wouldn't have been confronted, then yeah, that's a point. But you can also say that if he didn't leave his house or if he didn't volunteer as a comminity watch or whatever, he wouldn't have killed Trayvon.
I could also say that if Trayvon didn't backtrack and confront Zimmerman, he wouldn't have been shot.

You cannot excuse Trayvon's attack on Zimmerman, no matter what he thought Zimmerman did.. which was try to find out where Trayvon was headed.

Remember, he attacked Zimmerman and he used racial epithat to describe George.. so why is Zimmerman the racist? He never called anyone a nigger, coon, whatever.. he called him a punk.. yet he's the racist.. and Trayvon called him a cracker, but his racial vulgarity is ignored.. why?
If you judged Trayvon based on how he was dressed you should see his post moretem photo posted by msnbc. He didn't look like a thug. His hoody wasn't baggy and his pants were tapered. And what is wrong with wearing a hoody on a rainy night as it was the night of the incident?

If someone were to follow me home I would ask them why they are following me. Wouldn't you?
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:24 AM   #94
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I don't think people understand how judges and juries reach "not guilty" verdicts. Yes, the standard in the system may seem high yet this has still not precluded wrongful convictions.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 07-14-2013 at 04:32 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
If you judged Trayvon based on how he was dressed you should see his post moretem photo posted by msnbc. He didn't look like a thug. His hoody wasn't baggy and his pants were tapered. And what is wrong with wearing a hoody on a rainy night as it was the night of the incident?

If someone were to follow me home I would ask them why they are following me. Wouldn't you?

To be honest, I would probably try to avoid them, I'm non confrontational.

On the off chance that I would ask someone why they were following me, I would use my mouth and tongue in conjunction and attempt to form sentences such as "why are you following me?" and "is there something you wan't from me?"

Were I a piece of shit I would more than not use my fists and attempt to pummel that person and slam their head against concrete in an attempt to show how macho I am.

Guess what Trayshit did?

Edit: There isn't anything wrong with wearing a hoody, just expect people to be suspicious of you if you are in an area that has experienced burglaries and you fit the description of the robbers and your clothes resemble the clothes worn by people that are comitting these crimes.

This isn't hard.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #96

Fact is you only have Zimmermans version that he stopped stalking Trayvon you can't take his story as fact given the circumstances of him killing someone

Fact is we don't know what happened that started the confrontation Zimmerman had to have been following, leering, etc Trayvon quite prominently and perhaps for some time for Trayvon to even notice some old creepy guy following him on his way home; we don't know if Zimmerman was the one who was feeling rather confident (since he had a gun) to go up to Trayvon and get in his face

We can assume<< that Trayvon was able to get the upper hand on Zimmerman and lay him out given Zimmermans injuries and the witness but that doesn't mean that Trayvon started it simply that Trayvon was more skilled

We don't know who was screaming you can come up with opinions either way my personal feelings is that it was probably Trayvon screaming

Fact is given the requirements for a Manslaughter conviction, Zimmerman could/should be guilty of it but the Jury felt differently.

And constantly using derogatory words and descriptions of a murdered teenager who was just trying to walk home is pathetic 7even and this from someone who usually agrees with you :P
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #97
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
#JusticeForZimmerman
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #98
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
Still pretty funny the fact the defense started opening statements with a terrible knock-knock joke and still ended up winning.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #99

lol whats hilarious is that attorney still stands by his joke he really rubs off the wrong way with everyone to the point you notice that the other attorney was answering most the questions at the press conference and doing most interviews

supposedly mr. knock knock joke used to be a DJ so i guess some of that attitude still remains
Old 07-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #100
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Sheeple, Twexperts, and the Court of Public Opinion | DadditudesDadditudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote