REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #1576
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
It seems like the only rookie AV likes is Tanev. Hopefully he gives the younger kids room to make their mistakes, learn and grow. He hasn't done a good job of that in the past at all but c'est la vie.
I love Tanev and the way he sees the ice, they way he's willing to take the hit to make the play. His downside is the way he's willing to take the hit to make a play, and how often he has to take those hits. He's not a big guy, he gets rocked hard and often but just bounces back up. It's ok now that he's young, but in 5 years, he won't be bouncing back up near as quick.

I wonder how hard MG leaned into AV during his contract renewal to better utilize his assets. I'm sure MG wants some young blood developed for use or trade, and Ballard's 4.2M sitting up in the press box is surely not a preference. With Rome gone and Garrison replacing Salo, that should open up a regular roster spot for Ballard. MG forcing AV's hand a bit?
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #1577
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i don't see any issues with the way av coaches...put yourself in his position...he cares about the wins...if a vet will give him a better chance at winning, he'll use him...this talk of using rookies and letting them develop/grow, should be done in the ahl. every coach knows that they will get fired for losing...looks like a double edged sword
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #1578
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
WEBER 'STILL IN DISBELIEF' THAT UFA SUTER LEFT NASHVILLE

Weber 'still in disbelief' that UFA Suter left Nashville

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #1579
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
i don't see any issues with the way av coaches...put yourself in his position...he cares about the wins...if a vet will give him a better chance at winning, he'll use him...this talk of using rookies and letting them develop/grow, should be done in the ahl. every coach knows that they will get fired for losing...looks like a double edged sword
2 words

Mason Raymond

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 07-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1580
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Does anybody remember a big ticket UFA like a Suter, Parise, Richards, Drury, Gomez, Hossa etc ever stay with their old team after July 1st? It seems like if they don't have a contract with their old teams by July 1st, you can pretty guarantee they're leaving. Dunno why Poile or Lamorello actually thinks they have a chance their guys will actually sign with them. They're only fooling themselves. Those GMs owe it to their fans to either trade them at trade deadline or trade their rights for a draft pick instead of losing them for nothing.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #1581
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Having two goalies competing for the starting job is going to make for a pretty awkward locker room.
Not to mention you have your ex-captain now riding the back seat to your young gun goaltender.

I mean, I know he's chilled out as of late, but I don't think his ego can handle that.

Quote:
How about the well known tendancy to prefer blue-collar players over skill players therefore driving our talent pool away. ie: Grabner, Hodgson, (maybe in the future Schroeder, and Rodin).

I see people complaining now about our forward depth (waiting for a trade for someone in the top 6). Well no shit you have to. Our system is currently chasing these kids away.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #1582
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
It's all about using the players in your orginization to be able to get over that hump. We just can't trade for players but we need to find a diamond in the rough and with AV's current coaching style hes giving no one a chance. Other then Edler who has come out of no where from the Canucks? I can't think of the last time a 2nd, 3rd 4th round pick made a difference and thats one big thing the Canucks are missing right now.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #1583
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
hansen, burrows, edler, bieksa all had their first full seasons as canucks under AV and were all 3rd round or later or undrafted. granted burrows and bieksa were call ups the year before.

the reason you arent seeing alot of young guys make the team is because there simply ISNT A SPOT FOR THEM. ya it would be nice to see some young draft picks make the team, but which of the vets would you like to sub out for a young inexperienced draft pick aside from raymond? and dont say something silly like you want to see schroeder on the 4th line instead of whoever because thats not his roll.

keep an eye out for connauton getting a call up this year tho

Last edited by RRxtar; 07-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #1584
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

well winning the president's trophy twice is certainly a great accomplishment and certainly you cant say that there is a problem with his coaching...

now winning the other cup....that's the next step...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #1585
In RS I Trust

With the lack of a 4th line and even complete 3rd line at points it's a better idea then trading or signing a filler which we have been doing. Yes we all know about burrows and Hanson but how long ago is that now? It's more like a what have you done for me lately type of scenario.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #1586
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:
well winning the president's trophy twice is certainly a great accomplishment and certainly you cant say that there is a problem with his coaching...

now winning the other cup....that's the next step...
actually, we can say there's a problem with his coaching as even AV himself admitted that he wasn't well prepared for the playoff series against the Kings. winning the PT is nice but it sure as shit doesn't guarantee us a cup.

You can't deny AV has a tendency to bench the skilled players in favour of the gritty players who remind him of himself back in his playing days. I swear MG got rid of Rome to send AV a message (not that we really needed him either way)
Spoiler!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #1587
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
lol canucks fans too spoiled and canucks players are overly confident at times and have missed opportunities...

AV usually out coach the opposition because everyone buys into the coaching system but other players usually out play the vancouver canucks
Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #1588

canuck fan logic:

coach gets out-coached by the coach who had his team playing unstoppable hockey and absolutely dominated every team in the playoffs to win the cup faster than any team in god knows how long.... fire top 5 coach in the NHL to replace with..... no better coaches available.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #1589
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
special teams is what needs work

that break in that we had at the beggning of the season was genius, but when it stopped working we never adapted
Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #1590
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
special teams is what needs work

that break in that we had at the beggning of the season was genius, but when it stopped working we never adapted
oh the infamous drop pass
Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #1591
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
and Edler unwilling to shoot the damn puck...

Thank god for Garrison, someone who will just blast his shot through.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #1592

that drop pass got embarrassing. it was like they stopped practicing it too. but man it worked well for a long time
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #1593
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Yeah it was embarrassing as fuck to see Boston eat them alive whenever they tried that drop pass
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #1594
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
our drop passes used to be such a beauty :')
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1595
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Adaptation...AV's weakness.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #1596
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Adaptation...AV's weakness.
He's actually adapted very well from the pre lockout hockey but he does need to be more adaptable during a game if the game plan isn't working. Just needs to be a bit more spontaneous to keep the other teams second guessing.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #1597
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
canuck fan logic:

coach gets out-coached by the coach who had his team playing unstoppable hockey and absolutely dominated every team in the playoffs to win the cup faster than any team in god knows how long.... fire top 5 coach in the NHL to replace with..... no better coaches available.
Ted Nolan is probably one of the better coaches who's not coaching somewhere in the league.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #1598
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
AV usually out coach the opposition because everyone buys into the coaching system but other players usually out play the vancouver canucks
I actually have to disagree completely. Case in point the 2011 SCF run. I think AV was out-coached in the majority of the 4 series, but different players were good and dominant enough to make up for that lack overall coherence. The systems and processes that they speak of all the time was not consistent at all through the playoffs.

2012 playoffs we were unlucky to face a hot team at a hot time. But the way the Canucks were playing, IF we had somehow got past LA I don't think there was any way we'd get past any of the teams in round 2 because of that lack of coherence again, and the players individually weren't good enough this playoffs to overcome that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
He's actually adapted very well from the pre lockout hockey but he does need to be more adaptable during a game if the game plan isn't working. Just needs to be a bit more spontaneous to keep the other teams second guessing.
I'm willing to cut him some slack during a game. But over the course of a 4-7 game series, you dissect the opponents weaknesses and use it to your advantage. I didn't see much of that the last 2 playoff runs. What I saw was coach saying our team is good enough to beat whatever game the opposition throws at us, and they end up exploiting our weaknesses.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #1599

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
I just hope the team rolls 3 scoring lines and 1 checking line.

The 2 scoring lines 2 checking lines we had last season was fucking retarded.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #1600
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
Does anybody remember a big ticket UFA like a Suter, Parise, Richards, Drury, Gomez, Hossa etc ever stay with their old team after July 1st? It seems like if they don't have a contract with their old teams by July 1st, you can pretty guarantee they're leaving. Dunno why Poile or Lamorello actually thinks they have a chance their guys will actually sign with them. They're only fooling themselves. Those GMs owe it to their fans to either trade them at trade deadline or trade their rights for a draft pick instead of losing them for nothing.
Sedins got signed the morning of July 1st.