REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #751
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
spice girls were looking good. damn. brings me back all those fapping memories when i was 13...
Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #752
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ the black one, Mel B? She been lookin bootylicious for a while now... post preggo tittays r bangin brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
Why watch when the US is expected to win? Them winning gold is like getting excited from your bread getting brown from putting it in a toaster. A team consisting of Lebron, Kobe and Durant can win a basketball tournament...big surprise.

Youre a know it all goof bro, it was a helluva fucking game and was close all the way to the end....
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #753
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
WTF is with some of the music acts? Where's.....

The Rolling Stones
Eric Clapton
Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits
Elton John
Supertramp
The Kinks
The Clash
The Police
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
The Animals
Led Zeppelin

And probably more that I missed.

I imagine some of them might not have been able to make it, but still....
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #754
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
WTF is with some of the music acts? Where's.....

The Rolling Stones
Eric Clapton
Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits
Elton John
Supertramp
The Kinks
The Clash
The Police
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
The Animals
Led Zeppelin

And probably more that I missed.

I imagine some of them might not have been able to make it, but still....
I think the organizers wanted to showcase the "new" Britain rather than focusing on "old" Britain.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #755
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

Youre a know it all goof bro, it was a helluva fucking game and was close all the way to the end....
Why you calling me a goof? I'm just stating fact. Were you expecting some other result? When a player on the team makes a claim that they're better than the Dream Team they better go out and dominate every game like the DT did in the 90's. Not taking away from Spain putting up a fight (if it weren't for a few coaching decisions on the Spanish side from mismanaging foul trouble, things might have been different.), but if you have literally the top 10 guys in the entire game of basketball on one team, you SHOULD win, convincingly, no questions asked.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #756
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Why you calling me a goof? I'm just stating fact. Were you expecting some other result? When a player on the team makes a claim that they're better than the Dream Team they better go out and dominate every game like the DT did in the 90's. Not taking away from Spain putting up a fight (if it weren't for a few coaching decisions on the Spanish side from mismanaging foul trouble, things might have been different.), but if you have literally the top 10 guys in the entire game of basketball on one team, you SHOULD win, convincingly, no questions asked.
Dream team had different type of players, different attitudes and different era. The current US mens Olympic teams are a bunch of spoiled, egotistical, millionaires who act like they're playing the all star game. And when you have guys like Wade, who didn't join the team, bitching and complaining that they should get paid to go the Olympics, do you really expect the team to give their 100%?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #757
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I think the organizers wanted to showcase the "new" Britain rather than focusing on "old" Britain.
Then why bother with The Who, Queen, Bowie or The Beatles? Speaking of The Beatles, I know they were big but with actual Beatles songs plus individual songs by Lennon, McCartney and Harrison, there must have been 5-6 performances split between the opening & closing ceremonies. Do you think they could have shared some of the time with other artists?

As for "new" Britian, where is Adele (for example)? They have some fabulous talent and I think they could have made some better picks.

I have a feeling there was a lot of politics going on and maybe even a few "divas" that might have prevented some acts from appearing.

As for Spice Girls, I know they were talking of a reunion, but after seeing them perform and the reaction they got I think it's going to be a given now. I don't think people expected them to look so good and actually perform well.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Dream team had different type of players, different attitudes and different era. The current US mens Olympic teams are a bunch of spoiled, egotistical, millionaires who act like they're playing the all star game. And when you have guys like Wade, who didn't join the team, bitching and complaining that they should get paid to go the Olympics, do you really expect the team to give their 100%?
That's true. Money and ego do fuel effort now a days in the NBA. Don't really expect a dude with max talent making the rookie minimum to go all out until he hits his contract year. But when you're playing for gold you think they'd be going 100% like its the final game of the NBA finals. IIRC, the US olympic committee pays athletes who medal quite a bit don't they?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #759
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
This. Also, shitty Brazil basketball beat Spain by 6. Super crazy awesome USA squeaks by by 7 points? rofl. New Dream Team my ass.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #760
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
No Adele? Is she still pregnant? I remember she was actually pregnant for 7 months and everyone just assumed she got fatter.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #761
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Metro, because that's how you're coming off dude, like a know it all goof so I called it how I saw it... cuz you a casual fan I guarantee that, you probably saw the friendly Spain vs US game the other week in Barcelona and based your comment on that, so a casual sports/basketball fan would come to your conclusion of "What's the point of watching, they already beat spain by 20+"

but a thorough fan of the game would know the difference between a friendly exhibition and a gold medal Olympic game

Casual know it all fans rub me the wrong way that's all there is to it, not gonna get into an argument with you about it, it is what it is.... and you missed a really good game btw

and JahDean as far as the 92 Dream Team you certainly nailed an aspect of it, I've said it many times before and I'll say it again... back then it was MEN playing, nowadays it's boys...

now we got this....

but i miss the days of this

Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #762
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Is that...Take That? I think that's Gary Barlow.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #763
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
but if you have literally the top 10 guys in the entire game of basketball on one team, you SHOULD win, convincingly, no questions asked.
up until the first couple of min in the 4th quarter...i wasn't convinced...

Quote:
and JahDean as far as the 92 Dream Team you certainly nailed an aspect of it, I've said it many times before and I'll say it again... back then it was MEN playing, nowadays it's boys...
ya man...read an article that this team wouldn't even beat the olympic team after the dream team

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #764
c3m
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No Adele? Is she still pregnant? I remember she was actually pregnant for 7 months and everyone just assumed she got fatter.
I think she is expecting next month.
c3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #765

Quote:
Metro, because that's how you're coming off dude, like a know it all goof so I called it how I saw it... cuz you a casual fan I guarantee that, you probably saw the friendly Spain vs US game the other week in Barcelona and based your comment on that, so a casual sports/basketball fan would come to your conclusion of "What's the point of watching, they already beat spain by 20+"

but a thorough fan of the game would know the difference between a friendly exhibition and a gold medal Olympic game

Casual know it all fans rub me the wrong way that's all there is to it, not gonna get into an argument with you about it, it is what it is.... and you missed a really good game btw

You know, I don't appreciate the name calling, I didn't go after you so I expect the same. Just a heads up as you assume to know who I am, I pretty much follow every sport enough to not sound like an idiot in a conversation. My TV is tuned to the Score when I wake up in the morning to catch highlights. When a Raptors game is on, I'll watch cause they're my team. If there's a quality matchup on TSN or ABC on a weekend, I'll probably pick that up too.

I didn't watch much the Spain/USA game, maybe 5 minutes cause nothing else was on, but I knew it was a friendly and was nothing more than a tune-up and meant pretty much nothing (except for Anthony Davis getting minutes). My comments come from the USA Team selection, NOT that exhibition.

I'll state FACT again. If you have 5-7 of arguably the BEST guys in the world and you're playing teams who are lucky to have a guy or two in the top 40 you better win a medal.

When there's a gold medal on the line you play 100%, that's a given, I'm not stupid. With the stupid amount of talent that the US had, they should have won by 20 if they think they're better than the dream team.

Don't mean to argue, but I REALLY don't appreciate getting flamed while trying to discuss a topic.

Coles:
Don't call me something if you havent met me
best players in the world should = win by a lot
Medal=effort
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #766
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Don't call me something if you havent met me
best players in the world should = win by a lot
Medal=effort
you obviously dont watch too much basketball

Spain is a world class team, that has once again proven that it has every chance to surpass USA at the international level. USA Basketball has been trying to bring back the mentality of a team, they want this team to STICK for the next few years. This was the premiss of the team in 2008 in the first place.

Just look at Athens, USA won Bronze... Argentina won gold with Manu Ginobli
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
you obviously dont watch too much basketball

Spain is a world class team, that has once again proven that it has every chance to surpass USA at the international level. USA Basketball has been trying to bring back the mentality of a team, they want this team to STICK for the next few years. This was the premiss of the team in 2008 in the first place.

Just look at Athens, USA won Bronze... Argentina won gold with Manu Ginobli
I don't watch much in terms of international basketball so my knowledge of the Spanish team is limited. I honestly didn't know their team was that good, I knew they were a contender for at least a medal though. But talent wise, USA trumps them every way, the US lacked size and that almost cost them.

The roster of the US team at Athens is nowhere near as talented as the guys from this team. The win this year just proves that if you bring a bunch of all-world players together you'll win a championship (seems familiar to the NBA...but I digress.)
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #768
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
I don't watch much in terms of international basketball so my knowledge of the Spanish team is limited. I honestly didn't know their team was that good, I knew they were a contender for at least a medal though. But talent wise, USA trumps them every way, the US lacked size and that almost cost them.

The roster of the US team at Athens is nowhere near as talented as the guys from this team. The win this year just proves that if you bring a bunch of all-world players together you'll win a championship (seems familiar to the NBA...but I digress.)
THAT proves your dont watch basketball at all...

Pau and Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Jose Caulderon
albeit no Ricky Rubio, but all the names listed above are STARTERS in the NBA,

Juan Navarro and Rudy Fernandez can most definitely play in the NBA
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #769

Quote:

Quote:
i'm not sure what you mean by all-world...but if you mean all-star, the athens team was a team full of all-stars minus odom who was a legit player and okafor who was putting up good stats back then.

anyways, thought i'd just comment...don't let me interrupt your debate with G-Spec...

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 08-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #770

Quote:
and they have, juan with memphis i believe & rudy with portland. rudy really impressed me when he was with portland

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #771

Quote:
THAT proves your dont watch basketball at all...

Pau and Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Jose Caulderon
albeit no Ricky Rubio, but all the names listed above are STARTERS in the NBA,

In terms of names, I read over the rosters before the olympics and Spain had guys who could play. In terms of actually watching any of the Spanish pre-olympic qualifier games, can't say I did. however just by the names on the US team, you know they'd have to be good (would have been better if there weren't injuries and the US had to play small).

But outside of the Gasol's and maybe Ibaka the rest of the Spanish team don't "lead" their team or have guys you'd even consider for an all star spot. Calderon is a shadow of what he was, which is why Lowry is a raptor now. Outside of Davis and Harden (who can start, great 6th man) the US team had enough talent-wise to outright beat everyone. The only reason I'm so critical of this is because the US should have won by more if they claimed to be a dream team.

What defines a "true" basketball fan anyways? I feel like I'm getting ripped for that rather than my original argument which is that the US should have won by more with the talent they had compared to Spain if they're a "Dream Team". I'll watch games that are on TV (which is basically Raptors, and games on ABC/ESPN), and go through all the highlight packs that show up at night/when I'm eating breakfast. But I won't go out of my way to get NBA TV or watch every game of every team.

Last edited by RacingMetro92; 08-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #772
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
In terms of names, I read over the rosters before the olympics and Spain had guys who could play. In terms of actually watching any of the Spanish pre-olympic qualifier games, can't say I did. however just by the names on the US team, you know they'd have to be good (would have been better if there weren't injuries and the US had to play small).

But outside of the Gasol's and maybe Ibaka the rest of the Spanish team don't "lead" their team or have guys you'd even consider for an all star spot. Calderon is a shadow of what he was, which is why Lowry is a raptor now. Outside of Davis and Harden (who can start, great 6th man) the US team had enough talent-wise to outright beat everyone. The only reason I'm so critical of this is because the US should have won by more if they claimed to be a dream team. Was anyone else expecting Spain to win? I'm just surprised the game was so close.
... you cant expect Ibaka to lead with KD... Caulderon is still a starter, doesnt matter what you say.

Beijing in 08 was the same, a very close game and that team had a Kobe in his prime and a Jason Kidd nearing the end of his prime.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #773
Need to Seek Professional Help

you're a fool if you don't take spain as a serious threat to usa in bball. the names may not jump out at you as much but they are a skilled team that can keep up with anyone.
Simulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #774
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
new page please
Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #775
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote