REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-16-2023, 07:29 PM   #3051
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Good solid game by Dallas ... Prescott finally rose to the occasion and got the monkey off his back, great all around performance today.

Bye bye TB12 ... and you don't have Gisele to go home to . Regretfully, I think we'll have to hear about him for one more season ... but for which team?
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 07:37 PM   #3052
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Good solid game by Dallas ... Prescott finally rose to the occasion and got the monkey off his back, great all around performance today.

Bye bye TB12 ... and you don't have Gisele to go home to . Regretfully, I think we'll have to hear about him for one more season ... but for which team?
The 3 teams being rumored are Raiders, Titans, and 49ers

I could also see Miami being interested if Tua is questionable for very long
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:00 PM   #3053

Didn't notice that it was Brady who attempted the yellow card worthy tackle attempt on the fumble return

Old 01-19-2023, 01:52 PM   #3054

Lots of fans are celebrating Greg Roman leaving

If the team had any WRs they'd be celebrating.

Harbaugh says they're going to work on the WR room on the offseason, and there's a "200 percent chance" they sign Lamar, and he's going to be involved in hiring the next OC.

It's going to be a whole new look for the offense next season, based more on passing than 90% running like it's been. RBs won't like it but WRs will (unfortunately those guys are expensive lol)

Good 1 minute recap here

This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2023, 06:01 PM   #3055
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
49ers vs Eagles.

Bengals vs Chiefs.

I am looking to both games next Sunday.

In particular, the second game will be fun to watch. Two young star QBs with proven record of winning big games with Burrow and Mahomey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2023, 07:50 PM   #3056

Yah, Bills and Cowboys must be disappointed with such high expectations on their shoulders.

Skinny won't like it but 49'ers with Brock Purdy advances. It was a defensive game but Prescott's 2 int might have been the difference (led to 2 FG, 6 pts, I think). Purdy with a mistake free game.

But the clock strikes midnight for Purdy and the 49'ers next week, I'll take Philly and Skinny will be finally relieved that he doesn't have to hear anything else about Mr. Irrelevant going to a SB as a rookie.

In the AFC - Cincy and Bills ... kinda surprised how easy it looked for Cincy.

I think you gotta give Cincy the edge with Mahomes playing on one ankle in the AFC finals. I'll take Cincy.

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-22-2023 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:45 PM   #3057

lol I have nothing against Purdy and I think he's a good QB. I don't want to take anything away from him, but at the same time I don't want people to put too much on him either. And if his team wins the SB, you know that's what will happen. And that's not his fault at all!

For all the talk about the Bills being a weather team and wanting to play in the snow, they were completely "out snowed" by the Bengals. They were on ice skates out there, while the Bengals seemed to have better footing. Well except when rushers tried to take down Allen, but that still wasn't enough.

Cowboys defense was flying for 3 quarters, but eventually ran out of gas at just how many weapons they have to deal with on the 49ers, all because of brilliant scheming and a crazy cheap offense aside from Trent Williams (for now anyway - Deebo's hit goes from 8 mil to 28 mil, and Aiyuk will get paid). Not having to pay a QB because of the coach sure helps.

And then you look at the defense and holy shit, the most stacked D in the league. That's where all their money went btw

But I have a feeling about the Eagles that I've had since late last season. They were my NFC pick all year (and got shit on for it on reddit). Giants didn't put up much of a fight obviously, but a lot of that credit has to go to the Eagles just running their system without missing a beat

Chiefs with a gimpy Mahomes... I highly doubt the Bengals will make the same mistakes the Jags did. So for me it looks like Eagles vs Chiefs in the Super Bowl. But who knows? Should be an awesome couple games.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:14 PM   #3058

Official team account knows who to blame

This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2023, 06:25 PM   #3059

Just heard this stat ...Prescott has as many playoff wins as Brock Purdy ... ��, 2 wins. Same number of playoff wins as Tony Romo.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:53 AM   #3060

Yeah and Kirk Cousins

And he can tie Josh Allen next week and has a chance to beat him if he goes all the way.

But of course wins are a team stat, not QB right? Or is he really the next Tom Brady?
Old 01-24-2023, 05:25 AM   #3061

Oh, I forgot ... and Brock Purdy has 2x the number of playoff wins as Lamar Jackson. Jackson has a 1-4 playoff record, I think. Is that why you said that wins are team and not QB's ...
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2023, 08:31 AM   #3062

The Official *NFL* thread

All I can say is that Cowboys fans are going to go buy new TVs after many of them punched their TVs or used their trucks to run over their TV.

TikTok Videos about Cowboys fans reaction to their team losing to the Niners are gold hahahahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-24-2023 at 10:11 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2023, 03:35 PM   #3063

Dak taking more shots, this time directly from a teammate

Old 01-26-2023, 06:51 PM   #3064

Couple of moves on the Coaching carousel

This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #3065

Frank Reich should be a good fit for Carolina, but they will be desperate for a QB

Hackett has been good as an OC in the past, whether it's with Rodgers or Blake Bortles, so that's an interesting call. They are also desperate for a QB, and they specifically say they want a veteran. Everyone said the Broncos hired him in the first place to lure Aaron Rodgers over there, but I don't know if that was actually the case for either team

BoB will be great for Mac Jones, and after a disastrous year the Pats will be scary again
Old 01-27-2023, 09:51 AM   #3066

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Frank Reich should be a good fit for Carolina, but they will be desperate for a QB

Hackett has been good as an OC in the past, whether it's with Rodgers or Blake Bortles, so that's an interesting call. They are also desperate for a QB, and they specifically say they want a veteran. Everyone said the Broncos hired him in the first place to lure Aaron Rodgers over there, but I don't know if that was actually the case for either team

BoB will be great for Mac Jones, and after a disastrous year the Pats will be scary again
SkinnyPupp, I don't know if Nathaniel Hackett can "hack it" as an OC. Remember his decision as head coach in the Broncos game vs. the Seahawks in week 1?

Hackett opted to have his kicker kick a 64 yd field goal rather than putting the ball in Wilson's hands.

That was a field goal attempt instead of going for it on 4th down and 5.
No trust in your franchise QB?

Hackett did not let Russ cook.

Did Hackett give Russ opportunities to run the offence? Did he even trust his former QB?

What about game clock mismanagement from Hackett? His clock and game management is not very good.

His play calling is very questionable.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...17068_37875189

Clock Mismanagement

It seemed like there was not a sense of urgency in the last drive of the game. After the final offensive play, the Broncos let the clock run all the way down to 20 seconds before calling a timeout. This was confusing to broadcasters and fans alike. Peyton Manning believed they were baiting Seattle to jump offsides then gave a timeout signal when he saw how much time was wasted off the clock. See the post below to watch Manning’s reaction in the moment via adamschefter on Instagram.

Clock management and the usage of timeouts were terrible in that situation. Furthermore, with only two timeouts left before attempting the FG, Hackett put Denver in a position where they would not get the ball back if McManus misses the kick. Kicking a 60 plus YD field goal is not an easy task for any kicker, unless you’re Justin Tucker. To be fair, this is Hackett’s very first game so it’s only natural to make mistakes. However, you would like to see your head coach have more faith in your star Quarterback rather than the kicker.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:54 AM   #3067

^ But wasn't he in GB before Denver? Apparently, Hackett, alongside star quarterback Aaron Rodgers, led the Packers to becoming the league's best scoring offense in the 2020 season. Rodgers won back-to-back MVP awards (2020, 2021) with Hackett.

Maybe some guys are just good as OC and really not well suited to be HC?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2023, 02:55 PM   #3068

The entire Denver offense was a bizarre catastrophe
Old 01-29-2023, 01:27 PM   #3069
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Congratation to Philadelphia Eagles

Extremly bad luck to SF. down to 4th string QB and He got knocked out
back to 3rd string injuired Brock Purdy who can't throw

Last edited by Bender Unit; 01-29-2023 at 01:36 PM.
Bender Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:50 PM   #3070

^ yah ... the three options left in terms of play for the 49'ers are - McCaffery left, McCaffery right, or McCafferty straight up. Just limping to the end of the game. It was a good run but 49'ers ran out of luck with their QB.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:51 PM   #3071

Josh Johnson proving that no, Kyle Shanahan can't win with just any QB off the street

It's too bad, because this could have been a great game. Eagles offense wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire before the injuries and meltdown. Could have been close

I wouldn't call it luck though, they got home on the QB several times, and this is what can happen when he's not protected. Can't be blocking #7 with a TE. And that Suh signing is looking real good
Old 01-29-2023, 03:47 PM   #3072

I'm no Chiefs fan but I am loving this game
Old 01-29-2023, 04:35 PM   #3073

And now it's getting competitive!
Old 01-29-2023, 06:02 PM   #3074

Chiefs vs Eagles! Still going with my pre season pick Eagles but it's going to be tough as everything seems to be going the Chiefs way. Mahomes leg might be even worse now but he has 2 weeks to recover

Total gong show of a game, but compelling nonetheless
Old 01-29-2023, 06:04 PM   #3075

The Official *NFL* thread

Chiefs win!

Wow, what a game!

That Bengals player Ossai with that killer bonehead penalty!

15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness hahahaha.

Mahomey was out of bounds after running with the ball to get the first down.

No need for Ossai to push Mahomey.

Winning field goal for KC.

Gutsy performance by Mahomey to run with the ball with his injured ankle. Props to Mahomes.

Like what Kelce said after the game, give Mahomey respect! Put Joe Burrow above Mahomey? Hahaha