REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:45 PM   #3001
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Lamar retweeted this guy's comments, addressing all the assclowns who keep suggesting that he is sitting out as a contract holdout and not because of the injury (not addressed are the even worse fuckers saying he's just lazy and not rehabbing properly... That makes my blood boil)

Said it a million times, because Lamar said it since day 1. He wants a Super Bowl ring and a big contract, preferably in that order. Everything else is just noise and bullshit. Negotiations were always going to be around a Super Bowl and nothing else. The frustrating part is that injuries keep fucking everything up (and not because he's a "running quarterback" but because he's a quarterback)
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:14 AM   #3002
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
SkinnyPupp, it is not looking good for Lamar in terms of his injury rehab before the wildcard game. Of course, anything can happen in terms of his rehab progress.

Latest update:

Optimism that Lamar Jackson will return for the postseason is dwindling.

NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Wednesday morning that Jackson, dealing with a PCL injury, faces an uphill battle to play in Sunday night's Super Wild Card Weekend matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals, per sources informed of the situation.

"Not looking good for Lamar Jackson," Rapoport said on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. "Which is a bit of a surprise if you look back. Dec. 4 was the last time he played, battling a PCL sprain. There were so many people involved who thought if Lamar is not going to play in the regular season, he will surely be ready in the playoffs. However, from my understanding this is something sources have said over the course of the past 24 hours is that Lamar Jackson faces an uphill battle to be able to get out on the field in the playoffs against the Cincinnati Bengals.

"He is working, he is trying, he is rehabbing. The knee is just not quite right. Now, this has been shrouded in some secrecy, so there's always a chance. Anything happens with Lamar Jackson, but I would be surprised base on what I know if he practices today, which means we can see Tyler 'Snoop' Huntley for the Baltimore Ravens."
Old 01-11-2023, 07:39 AM   #3003

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
SkinnyPupp, it is not looking good for Lamar in terms of his injury rehab before the wildcard game. Of course, anything can happen in terms of his rehab progress.

Latest update:

Optimism that Lamar Jackson will return for the postseason is dwindling.

NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Wednesday morning that Jackson, dealing with a PCL injury, faces an uphill battle to play in Sunday night's Super Wild Card Weekend matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals, per sources informed of the situation.

"Not looking good for Lamar Jackson," Rapoport said on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. "Which is a bit of a surprise if you look back. Dec. 4 was the last time he played, battling a PCL sprain. There were so many people involved who thought if Lamar is not going to play in the regular season, he will surely be ready in the playoffs. However, from my understanding this is something sources have said over the course of the past 24 hours is that Lamar Jackson faces an uphill battle to be able to get out on the field in the playoffs against the Cincinnati Bengals.

"He is working, he is trying, he is rehabbing. The knee is just not quite right. Now, this has been shrouded in some secrecy, so there's always a chance. Anything happens with Lamar Jackson, but I would be surprised base on what I know if he practices today, which means we can see Tyler 'Snoop' Huntley for the Baltimore Ravens."
That sucks, and even if he does play, he definitely won't be 100%. Too bad

Not impossible to win though and hope he makes it for the divisional round!

I'm just glad those guys are also shutting down those shit ass rumors
Old 01-11-2023, 09:05 AM   #3004
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,897 Posts
^ c'mon bro, without Jackson, Ravens aren't advancing to the divisional round. Did you see who the opponent is this week?
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:33 PM   #3005

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ c'mon bro, without Jackson, Ravens aren't advancing to the divisional round. Did you see who the opponent is this week?
The team that barely beat their third stringer when he gave them 17 points for free? Yup I know that team

Not saying it should be expected. Saying it can happen... It's football, crazy shit happens. That's a big part of how I became a forever Ravens fan in the first place. Stumbling into the playoffs and beating Luck, Manning, Brady and taking it all.

Old 01-11-2023, 02:27 PM   #3006
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
Despite the fact their defence was anchored by a murderer who never went to jail but still paid off the families of the victims in undisclosed settlements?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2023, 02:33 PM   #3007

sure, I believe in 'any given Sunday' ... anything is possible but since they played back in October, Cincy has gotten better and better whereas Ravens stayed about the same ... batting about .500

Interesting that it's a rinse and repeat of last Sunday.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:47 PM   #3008

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
sure, I believe in 'any given Sunday' ... anything is possible but since they played back in October, Cincy has gotten better and better whereas Ravens stayed about the same ... batting about .500

Interesting that it's a rinse and repeat of last Sunday.
Yeah that's why I'm glad they locked up a playoff spot early on racking up wins in mid season.. Now maybe they have win 1 more until Lamar can come back and see what happens from there.

I'd say batting .500 with Tyler Huntley as your QB is the best you could reasonably hope for, and they were only able to because of some amazing defense (avg opp. score was 12 ppg before the Bengals game) and running by JK (best RB in the league over those 5 weeks).

Snoop is a decent to good backup QB in the best scenario, but obviously the receiver scenario there isn't the best.. In fact it's probably the second worst after the Titoons.

In the end, predictions and expectations are meaningless. All that matters is what happens on Sunday. There are outcomes that are more LIKELY than others, but that doesn't matter.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:21 PM   #3009
Performance Moderator

Why the fail? I didn't say anything that wasn't true!
Old 01-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Why the fail? I didn't say anything that wasn't true!
Well I assume you were just trolling since it's the typical thing I see from Steelers fans, but

1) He was never charged with murder, his bodyguard/friends were charged and tried
2) They were acquitted, as it was deemed in self defense
3) Judging someone on their empathy for the families of people got killed is pretty sus
4) There's no reason to bring this up in the first place, even if you believe in an alternate reality where he was charged and found guilty of murder
Old 01-11-2023, 04:43 PM   #3011

The Official *NFL* thread

Happy retirement JJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-11-2023 at 04:49 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2023, 08:08 AM   #3012
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well I assume you were just trolling since it's the typical thing I see from Steelers fans, but

1) He was never charged with murder, his bodyguard/friends were charged and tried
2) They were acquitted, as it was deemed in self defense
3) Judging someone on their empathy for the families of people got killed is pretty sus
4) There's no reason to bring this up in the first place, even if you believe in an alternate reality where he was charged and found guilty of murder
I'm a Broncos fan haha

That's a pretty cleaned up summary of the events too... Lewis refused to testify and told everyone to keep quiet. He was charged and convicted of obstruction of justice... so even if he didn't do it himself, he knows exactly who did and wouldn't say.

The only reason it was declared self-defence is that the state couldn't gather enough evidence to proceed with murder charges? Why? Because Ray Lewis wouldn't tell them what happened.

He's a POS...

But Ravens were a good team regardless!
Old 01-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #3013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I'm a Broncos fan haha

That's a pretty cleaned up summary of the events too... Lewis refused to testify and told everyone to keep quiet. He was charged and convicted of obstruction of justice... so even if he didn't do it himself, he knows exactly who did and wouldn't say.

The only reason it was declared self-defence is that the state couldn't gather enough evidence to proceed with murder charges? Why? Because Ray Lewis wouldn't tell them what happened.

He's a POS...

But Ravens were a good team regardless!
Well you asked what "wasn't true" about calling him a murderer, and those are the facts... If someone is not charged for murder, then usually you don't call them a murderer. If they found it to be self defense, then that's what they found. If a Black man doesn't trust cops, who am I to tell him how wrong he is for that? If he feels fucked up for people getting killed going after him, and has the means to help their families out, who am I to judge him for that as a sign of guilt?

You can make your own assumptions of "what actually went down" all you want, everyone else does, just don't pretend it's anything other than assumptions... Maybe you're right, maybe you're not, but you don't know for sure. Don't pretend he's OJ who got off after a clown fiesta murder trial lol

Finally I became a fan in his final season, and knew absolutely nothing about him all going into that year, other than what I saw on the field and sidelines, etc. What I saw was an aging but amazing leader on the field and off. There's no way that Denver comeback happens without him. I eventually saw troll fans repeating the murder thing and looked it up and that's what I found. So he's off the team after the Super Bowl win and I don't have a big problem with it. Ray Rice was gone as soon as footage came out too, so... yey. They did bring him out to celebrate the Super Bowl team, but he wasn't exactly met with accolades.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:58 AM   #3014
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Well you asked what "wasn't true" about calling him a murderer, and those are the facts... If someone is not charged for murder, then usually you don't call them a murderer. If they found it to be self defense, then that's what they found. If a Black man doesn't trust cops, who am I to tell him how wrong he is for that? If he feels fucked up for people getting killed going after him, and has the means to help their families out, who am I to judge him for that as a sign of guilt?

You can make your own assumptions of "what actually went down" all you want, everyone else does, just don't pretend it's anything other than assumptions... Maybe you're right, maybe you're not, but you don't know for sure. Don't pretend he's OJ who got off after a clown fiesta murder trial lol

Finally I became a fan in his final season, and knew absolutely nothing about him all going into that year, other than what I saw on the field and sidelines, etc. What I saw was an aging but amazing leader on the field and off. There's no way that Denver comeback happens without him. I eventually saw troll fans repeating the murder thing and looked it up and that's what I found. So he's off the team after the Super Bowl win and I don't have a big problem with it. Ray Rice was gone as soon as footage came out too, so... yey. They did bring him out to celebrate the Super Bowl team, but he wasn't exactly met with accolades.
Just to note, you did call Deshaun Watson a rapist... He was never charged or convicted of rape..
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2023, 02:16 PM   #3015
Performance Moderator

I did say the Ravens were a great team
Old 01-13-2023, 02:53 PM   #3016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Just to note, you did call Deshaun Watson a rapist... He was never charged or convicted of rape..
Very few rapists ever are charged.

Deshaun is more comparable to OJ than he is Ray, but sure.

And I'm not mad about Ray; call him a murderer all you want. Don't judge fans of his football team from 10 years ago for it though.
Old 01-13-2023, 02:56 PM   #3017

Anyway to more current matters, how about this? We all saw Mixon pull a coin out of his sock during a TD celebration. Using props in games is a big no-no so they fined him.

So his response was this; obviously he knew exactly how it would go down lol

Bengals still mad about the coin flip... Not sure what the other ideas were, but they chose not to play the game so I'm not sure who I agree with.

The game was so close, god I wish they'd lost to the Ravens and their third stringer who fronted them 21 points. Not for my teams benefit, but just to see the meltdown that would happen if they lost the coinflip too
Old 01-13-2023, 03:01 PM   #3018

All Pro list for 2022 season.. I like this list as an accomplishment over the Pro Bowl fan vote

Highlighted our guys.. Sorry Mike I don't know who your team is. I assume the Browns since you love Deshaun Watson so much?

OFFENSE
Quarterback — Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City
Running Back — Josh Jacobs, Las Vegas
Tight End — Travis Kelce, Kansas City
Wide Receivers — Justin Jefferson, Minnesota; Tyreek Hill, Miami; Davante Adams, Las Vegas
Left Tackle — Trent Williams, San Francisco
Right Tackle — Lane Johnson, Philadelphia
Left Guard — Joel Bitonio, Cleveland
Right Guard — Zack Martin, Dallas
Center — Jason Kelce, Philadelphia

DEFENSE
Edge Rushers — Nick Bosa, San Francisco; Micah Parsons, Dallas
Interior Linemen — Chris Jones, Kansas City; Quinnen Williams, New York Jets
Linebackers — Fred Warner, San Francisco; Roquan Smith, Baltimore; Matt Milano, Buffalo
Cornerbacks — Sauce Gardner, New York Jets; Patrick Surtain II, Denver
Safeties — Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh; Talanoa Hufanga, San Francisco

SPECIAL TEAMS
Placekicker — Daniel Carlson, Las Vegas
Punter — Tommy Townsend, Kansas City
Kick Returner — Keisean Nixon, Green Bay
Punt Returner — Marcus Jones, New England
Special Teamer — Jeremy Reaves, Washington
Long Snapper — Andrew DePaola, Minnesota
Old 01-13-2023, 03:09 PM   #3019

And how about Brandon Staley playing the Chargers starters in a totally meaningless game against the Broncos, and Mike Williams breaks his back and is out for the playoffs? He was the one key player that makes their offense work.

And on top of all that, they lost the game

If the Jags beat them, he is gone
Old 01-14-2023, 11:17 AM   #3020
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Very few rapists ever are charged.

Deshaun is more comparable to OJ than he is Ray, but sure.

And I'm not mad about Ray; call him a murderer all you want. Don't judge fans of his football team from 10 years ago for it though.
That's moving the goalpost a little is it not? More comparable to OJ? -- A guy that murdered 2 people and cut them into pieces?

You're not serious are you?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:38 PM   #3021

The Official *NFL* thread

The Seahawks are looking good with their game.

Niners defence is not playing well when Seattle is in the red zone. The two TDS from Seattle were way too easy. Good catch from Metcalf for Seattle’s second TD.

Seahawks are playing with a chip on their shoulders now. Nobody gives them a chance to beat the 49ers today.

Seattle is playing this wildcard game with house money.

The Niners better make adjustments on offence and defence during halftime.

Jimmy Ward with the bonehead hit on Geno Smith when Smith slid down on the field for a first down.

Dumbass penalty results in a 56 yard field goal for Seattle before halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-14-2023 at 02:02 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 03:20 PM   #3022

After DK made that 3rd and 14 completion, it felt like "this is their day".

But then Geno put the ball on the ground in the red zone while his guard just stood there, and it was a turnover. It was all ogre after that.

It's so frustrating watching the 49ers on offense, because their QB is so fucking mid, but everyone around him and the scheme is so fucking AMAZING that they blow out teams. But no, it's all about "Big Cocks". If "Mr. Irrelevant" wins the Super Bowl I might have to take a complete break from NFL coverage during the off season. It's going to be so obnoxious.
Old 01-14-2023, 03:50 PM   #3023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
That's moving the goalpost a little is it not? More comparable to OJ? -- A guy that murdered 2 people and cut them into pieces?

You're not serious are you?
No that's not the comparison being made. The comparison is in validity of accusations, getting away with it, and all that. Not that forcing women to do sexual acts to you is great, but it's obviously not MURDERING YOUR WIFE.
Old 01-14-2023, 03:51 PM   #3024

Here's a guy who went through the wringer... I remember seeing him on the sideline and thinking "this guy needs to sleep for 1 month straight" and it looks like that's what he's gonna do

Old 01-14-2023, 04:45 PM   #3025

Quote:
It's so frustrating watching the 49ers on offense, because their QB is so fucking mid, but everyone around him and the scheme is so fucking AMAZING that they blow out teams. But no, it's all about "Big Cocks". If "Mr. Irrelevant" wins the Super Bowl I might have to take a complete break from NFL coverage during the off season. It's going to be so obnoxious.
I'd have to disagree and at the same time, admit that I was wrong about the 49'ers. Purdy is what #3 on the list depending on if you see Trey Lance as #1, Jimmy G as #2 ... Lance couldn't do what Purdy is doing now. In fact, I think SF drops Lance next year. Today, guy put up 332 yds, 3 TD and no Int, and a QBR of 131.5 ... give the rookie some credit.

I mean your #2 Huntley is a game manager at best. and I don't think I've ever seen your guy Lamar Jackson put up remotely close numbers like that in a playoff game.