REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM   #3276
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,912 Posts
Just read, confirmed torn Archilles ... Rodgers is out for the season. I normally don't piss on people's misfortunes and any NFL fan would want to see a health Rodgers play but this ... you can't come up with a bigger WTF story. Jets ... you went all in ... looks like it turned out the opposite color. $35M for 4 snaps. ... which insurance company covered him?
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:20 AM   #3277
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Jets getting the Rodgers experience already

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2023, 01:59 PM   #3278
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Not a Rodgers fan but hate to see him go out like that, can't see him ever playing another game in the NFL. So who do the Jets go out and get, if they wanted to ride with Wilson they wouldn't have traded for Rodgers.

Edit: Just read that Rodgers say's he not done, will rehab and be back for 2024. Jesus man, you got the bag no shame in just taking it and enjoying life.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 09-12-2023 at 02:15 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2023, 02:00 PM   #3279

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Just read, confirmed torn Archilles ... Rodgers is out for the season. I normally don't piss on people's misfortunes and any NFL fan would want to see a health Rodgers play but this ... you can't come up with a bigger WTF story. Jets ... you went all in ... looks like it turned out the opposite color. $35M for 4 snaps. ... which insurance company covered him?
Inflation's a bitch, 35M don't go as far as it used to even in the NFL. :troll

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 09-12-2023, 02:34 PM   #3280

They say they're going to run it with Zach and try to get another vet as a backup for him. Return of The Dragon?

This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2023, 02:59 PM   #3281

Sure ... Rodgers says he's coming back now, it just happened. But once he is out a year and the gruelling rehab on top of trying to get in game shape at what 40 ... yah, OK. You think you're TB12?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2023, 05:32 PM   #3282

O gawd no ...

https://www.tsn.ca/nfl/video/is-tom-...e-jets~2765430

But a lot of other names have surfaced ... Kapernick, Carson Wentz, Nick Foles ... why? Just let this kid Wilson take over and learn on the job.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:38 PM   #3283

Yeah they were planning on developing Wilson over the next 2-3 years anyway, under the guidance of Rodgers. They can do something similar and have him gain experience at the same time. As long as he has matured since last year, where he was a total disaster who lost the locker room (you can tell Garrett Wilson is already sick of him though lol)
Old 09-13-2023, 07:44 AM   #3284
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
The names of players that I am hearing who may be potential QBs for the Jets include Nick Foles and Matt Ryan. Your thoughts?

Co worker of mine, a Niners fan, said that he wished that the 49ers held on to Trey Lance a bit longer. He hoped that San Fran could trade Lance to the Jets in order to get some draft picks haha.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:03 PM   #3285

I think if they believed in Zach Wilson they wouldn't have traded for Aaron Rodgers. I could see Foles or Ryan being an option or maybe they try and trade with another team who's backup is a better option?

Nobody was giving up much for Trey Lance, his contract made him very undesirable and the limited amount of time he's played he looked pretty bad, certainly not the guy you want to do much other than take a flyer on.

Old 09-13-2023, 01:31 PM   #3286
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

whoever mentioned Colin Kapernick is f--king stupid.

That guy is out of NFL game from 2016.
He is 35.

Any veteran QB on the Free agent market will be better.
just ask FitzMagic to unretired.

Last edited by Bender Unit; 09-14-2023 at 08:14 PM.
Bender Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 04:47 PM   #3287

Sloppy game so far. Philly already turned on their team lol
Old 09-14-2023, 07:55 PM   #3288

Vikings 11-0 in one score games last year

0-2 so far this year

Old 09-15-2023, 03:08 PM   #3289

Holy shit

Team responded

Edit: So did the league

Old 09-17-2023, 10:57 AM   #3290

Decent throw and catch here

Edit: Nice win on the road in Cincinnati.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:12 AM   #3291

Some insane games today!

Chargers with another close loss, Titoons with a close win. Chargers 0-2 which is unexpected

Seahawks and Lions always seem to have crazy shootouts, and this was no exception

NY Giants with the biggest comeback win in like 75 years. First 3/4 of their game looked just like the Dallas game, but they turned it on. Looks like Saquon is hurt though

Speaking of Dallas, like I said, the Cowboys defense is terrifying.

Broncos continuing to suck is low key one of the key storylines for me this season after Peyton buried the last coach there. So far, so good. They also almost had a miracle, but thankfully they didn't pull it off

Patriots almost pulled off the miracle comeback with the lateral to the O lineman. Just short unfortunately. Divisional games are always crazy, even when one team is exceedingly better than the other. (Rams vs 49ers was also a game)

Browns vs Stihlers should be fun tomorrow. Hope both teams lose somehow.

Anthony Richardson looked impressive, but he plays more like Cam Newton than Lamar or Vick. I worry about his durability even though he's huge
Old 09-19-2023, 06:29 AM   #3292

That Chubb injury was pretty brutal, crazy to think he did a similar injury to the same leg in College. Good thing he got that new contract and will at least have some security, his career could be over.

Old 09-19-2023, 02:08 PM   #3293
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,460 Times in 5,118 Posts
Fuck I saw a video of that and I thought I was going to throw up
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:57 PM   #3294

Really sad for Nick Chubb. Dude is a legend and by all accounts a great guy who doesn't get involved in drama or anything like that.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:17 AM   #3295

Not surprising.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...back-home.html

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Who says you can’t go home again?

Former Browns running back Kareem Hunt, a native of Cleveland, isn’t buying it, and he’s close to doing just that, a league source told cleveland.com.

Hunt, who signed as a free agent with the Browns in 2019 and was permitted to walk in free agency after last season, was close to signing with his hometown Browns on Wednesday to help replace his injured good buddy, Nick Chubb. He worked out for the Browns on Tuesday at CrossCountry Mortgage on Tuesday and was expected to sign on Wednesday.

Chubb, a four-time Pro Bowler, suffered what’s believed multiple torn ligaments in his knee during Monday night’s 26-22 loss to the Steelers when safety when Minkah Fitzpatrick crashed into and sent it contorting into an gruesome 90 degree angle.

Hunt, who played with the Browns from 2019-22, will serve as a complement to 2022 fifth-round pick Jerome Ford, who stepped in for Chubb on Monday night and comported himself well, rushing 16 times for 106 yards, and catching a 3 yard TD pass the play after Chubb went down.

Ford also sprinted 69 yards on a nifty cutback run to the Steelers’ 1-yard line, where current No. 2 back Pierre Strong Jr. punched it in from there on his second try.

The Browns spent Tuesday exploring their running back options, including possibly trading for Rams fourth-year pro Cam Akers and kicking the tires on Hunt. But Hunt was a “plug and play” proposition who knows the system and can play as soon as Sunday against the Titans.

After the Browns failed to make Hunt a free agent offer after the season, he visited several other teams, including the Saints, Colts and Vikings -- but remained on the street after the first two weeks of the season. As for the Browns, they felt it was time after last season to turn the backup duties over to Ford, who brings excellent speed, vision and good hands.

Hunt also also requested a trade last summer and staged a mini “hold-in” during training camp, and the alliance between him and his hometown team seemed to have run its course. But in Cleveland, he knows the scheme inside and out, and can catch the ball out of the backfield, which is a huge plus in this offense.

“Well, we’re working on (finding a back),” coach Kevin Stefanski said Monday. “Andrew (Berry) and the personnel department are working through options. You don’t, as you know, you don’t replace Nick Chubb. You just don’t do that. Great players in the league, you look around, they go out. It’s always not one person that replaces a player of his caliber. So everybody’s got to do a little bit more, a little bit more everywhere. But we’ll look at options there in terms of who we bring in.”

Originally a third-round pick of the Chiefs in 2017 out of Toledo, Hunt a graduate of Willoughby South on Cleveland’s east side, led the NFL with 1,327 yards and eight TDs as a rookie with the Chiefs, and caught 53 passes for 455 yards and three TDs.

In 2018, he was off to another fantastic start before video surfaced of his altercation with a woman in the hallway of his downtown Cleveland apartment building, and the Chiefs cut him in Week 12. In a one-on-one interview with cleveland.com the following season, he said he thought he’d never play football again and that he’d thrown away his career.

But then Browns GM John Dorsey signed him in 2019, and revived his career after an eight-game suspension to start the season. Hunt went on to excel in his role as Chubb’s backup and the Browns’ third-down back. In 49 games and nine starts with the Browns, he rushed 442 times for 1,874 yards (4.2 yard average) and 16 TDs. He also caught 132 passes for 973 yards and seven TDs.

Old 09-20-2023, 06:23 AM   #3296

Edit: Yup

No other team (well not many) will touch Kareem Hunt, so yeah, no surprise

A shithole organization like the Browns don't deserve Chubb anyway. If he ever does come back, I just wish it was for any other team
Old 09-20-2023, 12:58 PM   #3297

R.I.P. to long time Pats fan Mr. Mooney.

Dumbass Dolphins fan threw two punches at a Patriots fan during Pats home game vs. Miami last Sunday.

I hope that criminal charges stick against that idiot after a coroner completes an autopsy of Mr. Mooney. Any fan, Pats or Dolphins fan, who has video footage of the fight that lead to Mr. Mooney's death needs to come forward to contact the cops.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/...282591bbd7a00c

Police are investigating the death of a Patriots fan that occurred after an "incident" during the team's 24-17 loss against the Dolphins on Sunday night.

Dale Mooney, a 53-year-old Patriots season ticket holder, died after what witness Joey Kilmartin described as a confrontation between the Newmarket, N.H., resident and a fan clad in a Dolphins jersey.

“In a nutshell, it was a basic argument back and forth,” Kilmartin told the Boston Globe in a telephone interview. “[Mooney] went over to Section 311 and he basically engaged in mutual combat with another fan. A lot of people started trying to pull them apart. ... It looked like somebody was in the middle of them and then a man in the Dolphins jersey reached over and he connected with two punches to the victim’s head.”

Kilmartin detailed that he did not know Mooney but that both were sitting in Section 310 before the fight broke out. He also acknowledged that Mooney and the fan in the Dolphins jersey — who Kilmartin described as "in his 30s with a salt-and-pepper beard" — had been verbally sparring throughout the game.

While Kilmartin didn't pay attention to what was being said, Dale's wife, Lisa Mooney, said she was told several Dolphins fans had been taunting her husband throughout the game, per Boston 25 News. That led to the physical altercation.

Once the brawl began, Kilmartin took out his phone and captured video of it, which he has since provided to law enforcement.

“The way he slumped over, a lot of people knew he wasn’t OK,” Kilmartin said of the fight.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:21 PM   #3298

Holy shit the Bears are imploding today

Their offense on the first two games have been complete trash from top to bottom, from route design, to effort by all the players, to Fields play. Today Fields blamed the coaching (and then walked it back a few hours later). And then their DC quit out of nowhere, and the backup QB Nathan Peterson was cut for some reason.

And all while this is happening, there are rumors that their HQ was raided by the FBI (but apparently not true?)
Old 09-20-2023, 03:27 PM   #3299

Watch Zay Flowers point to the touchdown as it was happening

Huge fan of this guy already man

And the Bengals players (and fans) need to calm down with the cockiness just because they played in a Super Bowl game recently

Old 09-21-2023, 12:39 PM   #3300

Poor Cowboys. Trevon Diggs is out for the season because of a torn ACL injury. He suffered the injury during practice today.