REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-10-2023, 11:53 AM   #3176
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Man, that's like $1M for every regular season game !! And for some QB's ... they get like $3M per regular season game !! Insane.

And he is suppose to be a draw for Lamar to come back to the Ravens so there is that intangible.
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 03:55 PM   #3177
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,823 Times in 8,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Man, that's like $1M for every regular season game !! And for some QB's ... they get like $3M per regular season game !! Insane.

And he is suppose to be a draw for Lamar to come back to the Ravens so there is that intangible.
Lamar is the one who recruited him... The way I see it, this means Lamar is going to go for a run this year on the tag at the very least (he already said he's not sitting out for money). Several teams were in the bidding, including the Jets, which is why he got what he got. Obviously he can't be in too bad shape considering how many teams put him through the wringer with physicals. He seems to be good to go, like last time he recovered from an ACL

Also apparently the contract is spread over 4 years, so about $4m per year (at least this year the hit is only $4m) even though it was all paid at once as a bonus. This is the way to do it because the billionaire has to pay up, but the team doesn't really get hurt by it.

I don't expect him to light the world on fire, but having AN ACTUAL STAR receiver will be really helpful for this offense. Bateman was lighting it up whenever he wasn't hurt (which was unfortunately very seldom) and way WAY faster than anyone expected, especially once he got the ball.

I'm getting more optimistic whenever more news comes out!

Also I always liked OBJ, and his teammates all did too (except Baker lol)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 04:48 PM   #3178

Let's go!

He got Proche's number.. There was roughly 0% chance Proche was going to be on the team when the season starts. On the few occasions he was to be a part of a play, it was almost always negative. He was SO BAD it would have been better just to field 10 players. I feel bad for him getting harassed for giving up his number though.

Rappaport says Lamar will play for the Ravens this year, either on the tag or they will actually sign a deal. Dude wants to win, I keep telling you! He's not going to sit out for money.

Also the Commies got sold:

Old 04-14-2023, 12:43 AM   #3179

Hearing rumblings of the Ravens trying to get one more star receiver to go all in on a run this year... They tried to land Courtland Sutton but the Broncos backed off. Next one on the list is Deandre Hopkins

If that happens, I can't even...

I'd prefer Mike Evans though.. One of my favourite non Ravens out there
Old 04-17-2023, 10:00 AM   #3180
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Jalen got paid. Hurts is the highest paid QB in the NFL now.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jalen-hurts...ract-extension

The Eagles and their superstar quarterback agreed to terms Monday on a five-year, $255 million contract extension that makes him the highest-paid player in NFL history, per sources. The team later announced the deal.

Hurts' deal has $179.304 million in total guarantees, including $110 million fully guaranteed at signing and $126.5 million fully guaranteed by March 2024, as well as the first no-trade clause in Eagles history -- another sign of the franchise's faith in Hurts, who is still only 24 years old.

The Eagles QB can earn an additional $15 million in incentives, giving him an opportunity to make as much as $274.304 million through 2028, including $4.304 million that he would've been due in the last year of his original rookie contract this season.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:02 PM   #3181

If Lamar is ever going to come down in negotiations due to what others are signing, this has to be a good thing
Old 04-20-2023, 03:42 PM   #3182
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
Man... imagine knowing that you have $110 million dollars GUARANTEED to you for your work no matter how fucking terrible you are.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2023, 03:32 PM   #3183

Bringing his baggage with him already ...

Old 04-24-2023, 12:49 PM   #3184

Rodgers trade to the Jets is official:

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-agr...odgers-to-jets

Green Bay and New York are finalizing a trade to send the four-time NFL MVP to the Jets, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported on Monday.
The Jets receive Rodgers, the Packers' 2023 first-round pick (No. 15 overall) and a fifth-round pick (No. 170) in exchange for their 2023 first-rounder (No. 13), 2023 second-rounder (No. 42) and sixth-rounder (No. 207) picks, as well as a conditional 2024 second-round selection that could become a first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2023, 01:03 PM   #3185

Jets get a one year (2 at most?) bandaid solution ... for that kind of $$, they should have went after Lamar Jackson for a longer term stability at QB.

All the trade pics exchange was just window dressing to make GB look like they got something in return. Certainly, not a first round pick per se, GB essentially moved up 2 slots for AR12 and maybe a conditional 2nd in 2024 that might turn into a first round.

Last edited by whitev70r; 04-24-2023 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 02:49 PM   #3186
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Following Brent Favre foot step

after short stay in NY Jet
sign with Minnesota Vikings
Old 04-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #3187

Jets feel like they are just a few pieces away from making a run in the next 2 years, so I don't hate the move. Lamar was going to be almost impossible to get for any team, because of how the non exclusive tag works and how much he is asking for.

Should be interesting.. Rodgers had a rough season, but he didn't exactly have the tools. Before that, he was MVP in back to back seasons which is somehow easy to forget.

As for who won the trade, Green Bay absolutley won. Not that the Jets lost, but GB got a ton of value for someone who was never going to play for them again.
Old 04-26-2023, 02:15 PM   #3188

You guys excited for the draft? I always am. I especially like a draft with several top QB candidates.. Someone is going to get the next big star, and there's a good chance one will be a huge flop. And of course all the trades.

DHop market is especially interesting, seeing as it's the Ravens, Chiefs, and Bills in the running for him apparently.

Excited!
Old 04-26-2023, 02:39 PM   #3189

Who do you think this was directed to?

Old 04-26-2023, 02:53 PM   #3190

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Who do you think this was directed to?

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...16898998792192
Nobody in particular, he's just putting his team over. Jalen is too respectful to go after someone unprompted. Plus he got a ton of money lol
Old 04-26-2023, 06:29 PM   #3191
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

He already proofed He is better than other QBs in the Superbowl.
even Joe Burrow and Josh Allen
Old 04-26-2023, 06:40 PM   #3192

Yah ... and neither Burrow, Allen, or Mahomes have all guaranteed money on their contracts. Deshaun did Cleveland dirty by his demand ... Cleveland will never succeed with that albatross of a contract. You'd think LJ would be smart enough to ask for something comparable to other excellent QB's ... and not Watson. I mean Mahomes has 2 SB rings and still not fully guaranteed money. LJ is looking more and more like a spoiled brat.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-27-2023, 04:57 AM   #3193
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I would not be suprised to see Dalvin Cook moved today or tomorrow for a mid round pick or 2, Vikings need additional picks and he's not willing to renegotiate his contract so I'm pretty sure his time in Minny is coming to an end.

I'd be really hesitant drafting CJ Stroud too early, Jamarcus Russell vibes. Intelligence and being a successful NFL QB are almost always correlated with only a few exceptions, maybe he proves the that in his case it doesn't matter but it's a big risk IMO. If he falls down the board a bit he'd be worth the risk.

Quote:
Seemingly every year, there is a top NFL Draft prospect who sees his profile dip for reasons that have very little to do with football.

This year's lucky winner is C.J. Stroud, the former Ohio State quarterback who was once the favorite to go first overall and is now facing questions about his cognitive ability due to an allegedly erroneous report on a test result.

The controversy began Friday, when former Green Bay Packers beat writer Bob McGinn reported on the results of the S2 Cognition test, which has apparently replaced the long-maligned Wonderlic test as the way NFL teams evaluate the mental abilities of prospects.

The results, as reported, did not reflect favorably on Stroud. Alabama's Bryce Young reportedly scored 98% and Florida's Anthony Richardson was 79%, but Stroud's context-less number was reportedly 18%. That number was low enough to scare some personnel, including one NFL executive who told McGinn it was "incredibly terrible. He’s going to be off [some team’s] boards. He will not be picked by those teams.”

Stroud, a two-time Heisman finalist who threw 81 touchdowns in two seasons, got his chance to respond Wednesday while speaking with reporters through an NFL service project in the Kansas City area. As you might expect, he had some issues with how he is being perceived in this draft class, via Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer.

Stroud's answer:

"I'm not a test-taker, I play football. At the end of the day, I don't got nothing to prove to nobody, so I'm not going to sit here and explain how I process football. The people who are making the picks know what I can do, so that's all that matters to me. There's a whole bunch of people who know how to coach better, who know how to play quarterback better, who know how to do everything on social media, but the man in the arena, that's what's tough.

I know what I can do, I know what I can process. If I'm not the smartest quarterback in this draft, I know I'm one of the smartest quarterbacks in the NFL when I step in there tomorrow, so I have confidence in myself. I don't think you can play at Ohio State and not be smart. I don't got nothing to prove to nobody, man. At the end of the day, if you don't trust and believe in me, all I can tell you is to watch this."

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 04-27-2023 at 07:14 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 12:30 PM   #3194

Rumours have it that Lamar and the Ravens are getting the extension done before start of the draft.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 04-27-2023, 01:09 PM   #3195

The Official *NFL* thread

Lamar gets paid.

Your thoughts on this contract extension, SkinnyPupp?

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Ravens and the star quarterback agreed to terms on a five-year, $260 million contract, per sources informed of the situation.

The $52 million-per-year pact makes Jackson the new highest-paid player in the NFL.
The long-awaited pact came hours before the 2023 NFL Draft kicked off.

Lamar Jackson's five-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens is worth $260 million with $185 million guaranteed, sources tell Adam Schefter.

"You know, for the last few months, there's been a lot of he's said, she's said," Jackson said in a video. "A lot of nail-biting, a lot of head scratching going on, but for the next five years, it's a lot of flock going on. Let's go, baby. Let's go. Let's go, man. Can't wait to get there. Can't wait to be there. Can't wait to light up M&T (Bank Stadium) for the next five years, man. Let's get it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-27-2023 at 01:38 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 01:47 PM   #3196

I was so excited for draft day, I couldn't really sleep.. It starts later at 8am but I was up at 5:30... This was great news to wake up to!

$260m/$185m guaranteed, just a bit over Hurts $255m/$179m. When Jalen signed that, I wondered if it would help this deal, and turns out it did. Hurts became the new target, not Watson. The Browns deal is so out there, it has to be ignored as an outlier. They destroyed their team to get that guy.

He aimed for the highest money possible, didn't get it, but I am so glad he didn't get all mad about it, and stuck with the team. I always thought both sides saw it as "just doing business" and still respected each other.

The way he went about it was different than most players, and fans got extremely bitchy about that. You should see the Ravens subreddit, it's unbearable. At first I would say just let things play out, this is mostly media turning it into a shit show, but it got so bad I just stopped going there. It's just a guy shooting his shot, missing, and still getting a huge deal.

I am over the moon about this!

Looking forward to seeing more moves
Old 04-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #3197

These QB contracts keep going up at a higher pace than the Salary cap.

I don't think his contract is out of line compared to what others have been paid recently but I do think the QB deals since Watson are getting to the point where it's the other positions on the team who are going to pay the price.

2015 (8 years ago) highest paid QB 23.8 million, average for top 10 QB in the league was roughly 18 million, salary cap was 143 million. Rough and dirty top 10 QB was taking up 12.5% of the team cap.

2023 highest paid QB 52 million, average for top 10 QB in the league is roughly 46 million, salary cap is 225 million. Rough and dirty top 10 QB are taking up 20% of the team cap and keep in mind the cap went up 10% this year.

The rest of the players are going to have to start taking a haircut on their salaries, they have the QB's to thank, that might not go over so well in some camps.

Old 04-27-2023, 02:13 PM   #3198

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
These QB contracts keep going up at a higher pace than the Salary cap.

I don't think his contract is out of line compared to what others have been paid recently but I do think the QB deals since Watson are getting to the point where it's the other positions on the team who are going to pay the price.

2015 (8 years ago) highest paid QB 23.8 million, average for top 10 QB in the league was roughly 18 million, salary cap was 143 million. Rough and dirty top 10 QB was taking up 12.5% of the team cap.

2023 highest paid QB 52 million, average for top 10 QB in the league is roughly 46 million, salary cap is 225 million. Rough and dirty top 10 QB are taking up 20% of the team cap and keep in mind the cap went up 10% this year.

The rest of the players are going to have to start taking a haircut on their salaries, they have the QB's to thank, that might not go over so well in some camps.
True, but the cap will keep going up as well, some years more than others. The enormous Youtube deal will kick in next year, and that will provide a big jump.

Chargers, Bengals, Jaguars better sign their guys ASAP
Old 04-27-2023, 05:52 PM   #3199

Sorry ... LJ definitely overpaid. He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid QB ... certainly not more $$ than Hurts, Mahomes, Burrows, Allen ... all of which have proven that they are better and have taken their team farther. We shall see in the next 5 yrs what happens and look back on this in the rear view mirror to see if it was a good move.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2023, 07:37 AM   #3200

I agree that Lamar is overpaid as a QB if you compare his level of performance with other great QBs like Mahomey, Hurts, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow.

Having said that, Lamar is a genius for being able to negotiate a contract extension to become the highest paid QB without an agent.

His Mama deserves a tonne of credit for being his official rep for contract extensions.

I hope that Lamar paid his Mom well for all her hard work!

FYI: This is how much money that Lamar saved from not having to pay commission to an agent.

Per the Washington Post, agents will receive between 1.5 percent and up to 3 percent, which is the maximum for contracts.

For Jackson, that means he could have lost up to $7.8 million to an agent, if he were to lose 3 percent of the full $260 million. He also could have lost a minimum of $2,775,000, had he lost 1.5 percent of the $185 million.