REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #17176
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
That would still be an unethical practice by the Realtor.

The ethical thing to do is to tell the sellers to make a counter-offer to that first highest bidder.
Right, it would be unethical if the selling agent straight up tells the buying agent that there was a higher bid and that they should offer a new bid.
But at the same time, I don't think it is unethical if the selling agent told the other agents they have an accepted offer which unfortunately opens up a lot of grey areas.

I think we are on the same page, just semantics at this point.

Curious to see why OP's wife delisted.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 03:01 PM   #17177
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
On the flip side, for people who gave no clue what prices are at, if they get a bunch of offers at asking they may assume their realtor (who they were totally dependent on to price their home) listed it too low and they're worried they're losing out on money.

Granted that would partly be their own fault for being too lazy to figure out what something worth that much money is actually valued themselves.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #17178
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan about this, I bid on work all the time and although I know games are played they aren't suppose to be in my case low bid is suppose to win the project and in the sale of a home it's obviously opposite.

It would be like me being the lower bidder on a project and the general contractor calling the next guy and saying hey if you can come under this number I'll give you the contract and back and forth. Like I said I'm well aware this happens, I actually had a GC call me and do this last year told me he was going to go to the other bidders and do the same so I should sharpen my pencil. I was like nah bud, we're pulling our bid no thanks we no longer have interest in this project good luck and haven't bid another project to them and never will. Shady fucks going to be shady fucks you can't change them but you don't have to do business with them. There are other contractors I also have on my no bid list due to the shit they pull behind the scenes, one day I'll probably run out of people to bid to hah.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #17179
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Maybe we should institute Vickrey action rules for home purchases

Quote:
A Vickrey auction is a type of sealed-bid auction. Bidders submit written bids without knowing the bid of the other people in the auction. The highest bidder wins but the price paid is the second-highest bid.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:59 PM   #17180
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Probably something like this

Realtor: We should list it at this price ($1,499,900) because that's just above the rest of the comps in the area. It'll give us a bit of room to negotiate should any potential buyers come in lower than our list price

Husband/wife: Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, let's do that!!

Realtor: Exciting news guys, the buyers that came in earlier today saw the place and loved it. Let me send you guys the offer ($1,465,000) and we can discuss this over the phone on our next steps.

Wife: How come the offer came in lower than our list price?

Realtor: That's the offer that was presented to us but there's always room to negotiate. They put in an offer 4 hours after viewing, so this bodes well for us because they clearly love the place to put an offer in so quickly. We can counter back with a higher offer so they come up closer to our number and negotiate a longer close so we get the benefit of more time to find a new home for you guys!

Wife: "We didn't get over asking so we're going to delist"

Trying to find a house that you love is already hard enough. Nobody needs to deal with this sort of bullshit tbh
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 05:00 PM   #17181
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Im pretty curious too. To me it make no sense. Ud think the OP would wait a week for more offers and then go from there. If they werent happy with the offers then delist.....
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #17182
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
*Debating between Mr.HappySilp joke & winter tire joke here*

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 06:42 PM   #17183
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I think I know the listing. I tried to book showings on it for clients looking in Panorama/Sullivan/Fleetwood. It was listed multiple times since the fall with a cumulative total of like 10 days active on the market before unconditional release each time.

List price is just an invitation to offer. Seller/listing broker can counter over their ask if underpricing backfires instead of re-price/re-list.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #17184
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
crazy times....

put the house for sale at $1,499,900.

showed up on realty.ca on Jan 6th.

had a viewing next morning Jan 7th 11:30am

got the offer from those viewers Jan 7th 4pm. ($1,465,000)

... wife delisted it ... but confident if we countered with $1,490,000 it would have been sold.... a 4hr sales cycle.
What a dick move.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #17185
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
@JDMStyo

My friends who are realtors seem to consistently kickback 25 to 50% on their buy-side purchases. Do you think that's necessary to stay competitive in the Greater Vancouver market? Or it's just something they do when they're starting out and will reject this kickback in their later years.

They closed 30+ properties this year and that would cut their earnings in half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
@JDMStyo

My friends who are realtors seem to consistently kickback 25 to 50% on their buy-side purchases. Do you think that's necessary to stay competitive in the Greater Vancouver market? Or it's just something they do when they're starting out and will reject this kickback in their later years.

They closed 30+ properties this year and that would cut their earnings in half.
Gerbs,
Buying realtors if anything take lots more expenses - driving around, time, printing tour sheets, it's a real grind for when you're starting out.
If they're doing 30+ a year they are doing well - if you average $500K per property you are likely grossing $8,000+ per property.

x30 = $240,000! That's a pretty good number... until you look at expenses side.

Expenses and obviously marketing costs (rebates to clients, dining, gifts, marketing expenses, realtor fees, license fees, etc) can take a big chunk out of that. If they are REALLY discounting 50% on all deals (before tax), they may not be making much at all NET. Still at 30+ deals a year they are definitely ahead of many realtors in the industry, most average less than 5 a year (stats). In that instance they would be wise to incorporate and build out a PREC (Personal RE Corp) to defer taxes and income for leaner years.

I don't think a 30% rebate back end of the day especially for a larger house ($1-2M) is unreasonable but in my own experience most people who appreciate your efforts and fact you got them a good deal / sold property for more $ isn't going to nickel and dime you for an extra $2-3K.

With low rates again and presales heating up - if I got anyone a great smoking unit that 5 other people will write with me with no ASK of 50% rebate, guess who I'm calling first?
With most things in life, you get what you pay for.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 07:30 PM   #17186
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
that's a very nice realtor who doesn't mind having their time/energy wasted
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 07:46 PM   #17187
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Why did you delist it the day after listing it and getting a near full price offer?

-Mark
While it doesn't sound great - testing water for a property isn't illegal even when its listed. Seller holds rights until offer is accepted. If there are subjects then ball's in buyers court to remove/or not.

Legally speaking, listing realtor cannot shop price around but it's human nature to try and get highest possible price (or above asking) for the client. Best selling agent can do is start taking offers and move it up to the best possible offer playing mind games with each party while making sure none walks because there's still financing and inspection to go through.

We don't know the full situation, in many cases people will ask below the $50k intervals (see Realtor.ca or Homespotter), prices are set per $50 or 150K.... Your audience is far larger below $1.49M versus $1.59M.

Most of the time if it's priced that far below neighbors based on $/sq ft, it's a good chance to get all bidders in place to try and bid it up.
It's not great to waste everyone's time, but it's in seller's full right to nix the listing anytime they want.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:24 PM   #17188
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,552 Posts
After trying a couple offers in Coquitlam, we went to Poco.
2,000sqft house can be split into 2 suites. Sub-dividable. Listed just below $1.0m.

Mortgage was already approved, and we took our realtor's advice and went in at $1.1m and sniped it from the other bidders trying to decide if $1,050,000 would be sufficient. The similar properties we wanted in Coquitlam were listed at $1.2m. I think we did alright.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:37 PM   #17189
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Good job and congrats, Presto! Totally a smart move to offer a touch more and sniped the property without hassle. I wish I had learned that lesson a lot earlier lol~
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 10:17 PM   #17190
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Welcome to the hood.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2021, 06:38 AM   #17191
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
x2. Welcome
Old 01-26-2021, 08:01 AM   #17192
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Seems like a lot of RSers moving east. We were emotionally defeated after 4 months of actively looking and bidding on duplexes and townhomes in East Vancouver. Really wanted to stay in Vancouver but it was near impossible to find a decent condition home that fit our budget and style.

Ended up with purchasing a pre-sale townhouse in Burquitlam area. We literally had to run to the bank to print the bank draft on the same day after viewing to ensure we could lock down the offer...

Looking forward to the future RS Coquitlam/Poco meets
cafe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:33 AM   #17193
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
^^ less vis too. ??? Profit
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #17194
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ less vis too. ??? Profit
Wouldn't be so sure about that one. Cain reportedly lives in Coquitlam, and has apparently given out a box 2 to someone on Coast Meridian

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #17195
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Wouldn't be so sure about that one. Cain reportedly lives in Coquitlam, and has apparently given out a box 2 to someone on Coast Meridian

Wasn't Cain recently promoted to part of that join task force between all jurisdictions.
That's why we saw them giving VI's in Richmond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #17196

Quote:
Wasn't Cain recently promoted to part of that join task force between all jurisdictions.

That's why we saw them giving VI's in Richmond.
Yeah IRSU I believe. But doesn't matter, all police officers have jurisdiction across the whole province. Except for CN Rail grounds LOL

Old 01-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #17197
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
After trying a couple offers in Coquitlam, we went to Poco.
2,000sqft house can be split into 2 suites. Sub-dividable. Listed just below $1.0m.

Mortgage was already approved, and we took our realtor's advice and went in at $1.1m and sniped it from the other bidders trying to decide if $1,050,000 would be sufficient. The similar properties we wanted in Coquitlam were listed at $1.2m. I think we did alright.
Welcome to POCO! Just purchased a detached in south poco a couple months ago too.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #17198
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I look forward to seeing more of you in the tri-cities esp if some of you have been gambling on the markets due to reddit lol. Maybe I'll help kick start the car meets in the area when this virus thing settles down.

I remember a time when people from Vancouver had no clue of the area and would ask me if I had to take the ferry in when I told them that I lived in Port Moody
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:21 PM   #17199
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
they never set foot east of granville street or something lol
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #17200

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
I look forward to seeing more of you in the tri-cities esp if some of you have been gambling on the markets due to reddit lol. Maybe I'll help kick start the car meets in the area when this virus thing settles down.

I remember a time when people from Vancouver had no clue of the area and would ask me if I had to take the ferry in when I told them that I lived in Port Moody
Honestly, that wasn't too long ago. I thought poco was far as hell, like buttfuck nowhere about 5 years ago LOL