REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:47 PM   #21701
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,635 Times in 5,184 Posts
Hope you know a good drywaller up there with all the drunk and high knuckle draggers punching holes in walls every bender
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 05:54 PM   #21702
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,415 Times in 5,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Have a cousin who moved here from India less than 15 years ago. Worked his ass off as a roofer and now owns 2 houses in Surrey. First house is now 100% rented main floor and a suite. The rent pays mortgage. The second house he bought is newer and way bigger. It has 2 suites and they cover the mortgage and he lives on the main floor with his wife and kids. he is killing it right now.

Forget a 5 million dollar house. 24 town homes for sale in fort st john for 3.6 million.

https://multifamily.ca/properties/grandview-townhomes

With the lower mainland becoming so expensive I can see more people moving to other parts of BC increasing prices.
You could work your ass off as a doctor these days and you couldn’t afford two homes.
Old 04-21-2022, 05:57 PM   #21703
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,205 Times in 7,177 Posts
Or honestly, even one.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:04 PM   #21704
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,357 Times in 976 Posts
41 yr old sales guy. Started working since 23. Bought apartment when I was 28 (old 1 bedroom built 1980s). Paid off 2021.
Can refinance apartment for a 400k lump sum downpayment, rental income and mortgage a bigger house.

41 doctor. Started working as a doctor 36. Even with no debt on schooling tuition; they can afford a mortgage 80% of home. 15% down.

Doctor can barely afford a $1M house due to the lack of downpayment even if their purchasing power is great.

who is really ahead... who knows.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 08:38 PM   #21705
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Hope you know a good drywaller up there with all the drunk and high knuckle draggers punching holes in walls every bender
You need a handy man who is good enough for most things.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:24 PM   #21706

Thanked 8,969 Times in 3,897 Posts
I know it's a way to get ahead or whatever, but to me the main draw of a house is not sharing my living space with anyone, in any way. If I'm going to have to worry about how much noise I'm making or having to listen to someone else then I may as well just buy a townhouse or apartment for less.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 10:01 PM   #21707
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

That $5.2 is interesting.

https://www.redfin.ca/bc/vancouver/1...home/155685016

Lot value is about $2-2.5M. I don’t think it cost another $2.5-3M to build that thing. Plus it’s a corner lot which is less desirable.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:14 PM   #21708

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
You may not need it but why would you not take it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I know it's a way to get ahead or whatever, but to me the main draw of a house is not sharing my living space with anyone, in any way. If I'm going to have to worry about how much noise I'm making or having to listen to someone else then I may as well just buy a townhouse or apartment for less.
Underscore explains perfectly why I wouldn’t want the extra rental income from a suite in my principal residence (assuming I didn’t need it).
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:40 AM   #21709

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
With the money saved with having no Mortgage he could buy a 3rd house. Rent the upstairs of the second house and use that to pay for a large chunk of the mortgage on his 3rd house. His 3rd house wouldn't even need renters.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:56 AM   #21710
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post

Lot value is about $2-2.5M. I don’t think it cost another $2.5-3M to build that thing. Plus it’s a corner lot which is less desirable.
I’ve heard this a couple times, corner lot=less desirable? What fricken world are you guys living in? Lol. Since when. Especially in the city with neighbours 6 feet away. Unless it’s cornered onto a busy street, the corner lot is way more desirable.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:15 AM   #21711

Thanked 31,205 Times in 7,177 Posts
Nowhere in history has corner lot ever been less desirable. I actually laughed when I read that.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:23 AM   #21712
RS controls my life!

Quote:
With the money saved with having no Mortgage he could buy a 3rd house. Rent the upstairs of the second house and use that to pay for a large chunk of the mortgage on his 3rd house. His 3rd house wouldn't even need renters.
You speak of this like your cousin owning a 3rd rental/investment property is an awesome thing but this is exactly the type of behavior/mentality that we need to curb in the residential RE market. I respect your cousin's hustle and financial discipline but I'd much rather see his capital directed towards other sectors of the economy where people aren't struggling to secure basic living needs. If people weren't so crazy about owning 2nd, 3rd, 4th investment properties, maybe the renters of those investment properties could actually own their own home? Like, imagine if we were allowed to buy up hospital beds to the point where price per bed becomes unattainable for the average person and we can charge people rent when they're sick?

From Globe and Mail, https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ng-in-ontario/:
"There’s new evidence to suggest that a minority of Canadian homeowners are amassing large amounts of residential real estate in Ontario and B.C. New data reveal that 15.5 per cent of individual homeowners own 31.1 per cent of all residential properties in Ontario as of 2019. In British Columbia, 15 per cent of individual owners held 29.1 per cent of the provincial housing stock."

From Global News, https://globalnews.ca/news/8754816/m...housing-stock/:
"New data from Statistics Canada shows multiple-property owners held between 29 and 41 per cent of the housing stock in Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick in 2019 and 2020."

This is unchecked capitalism rearing its ugly head.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 05:52 AM   #21713
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,205 Times in 489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I’ve heard this a couple times, corner lot=less desirable? What fricken world are you guys living in? Lol. Since when. Especially in the city with neighbours 6 feet away. Unless it’s cornered onto a busy street, the corner lot is way more desirable.
Feng Shui says no.

My friend bitches every snow fall for the amount of sidewalk he needs to shovel for being a corner lot.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:11 AM   #21714
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Quote:
Feng Shui says no.

My friend bitches every snow fall for the amount of sidewalk he needs to shovel for being a corner lot.
At least this specific lot is corner to a laneway and it doesn't even have a sidewalk on the boulevard side, haha
Old 04-22-2022, 06:42 AM   #21715
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,487 Posts
Quote:
Feng Shui says no.

…and I bitch every time I have to clean windows, I wish I didn’t have them.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 07:40 AM   #21716
in the butt

Thanked 3,259 Times in 1,193 Posts
Quote:

Someone already found the perfect unit for you

https://assets-listings.rew.ca/brc_i....1&w=560&dpr=2

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 07:40 AM   #21717
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,749 Times in 907 Posts
Corner lots are fun until a Mustang plows into your house, like that corner House at 41 and Rupert
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #21718

Thanked 8,969 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
Sure, but after how many years of sharing a space and having to deal with managing tenants and their bullshit? I'm sure it's fine for some people, and for some it's the only way to make home ownership work, but if I'm buying a house for 4 million dollars I want to be able to let my kids bang around or watch the bank scene in Heat at the proper volume without having to worry about someone below me complaining.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 04-22-2022 at 07:58 AM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 07:54 AM   #21719
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Feng Shui says no.

And extra grass to mow. I need to invest in a riding mower.

Quote:
But I am grateful I have 1 less neighbour to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #21720
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Corner lots are fun until a Mustang plows into your house, like that corner House at 41 and Rupert
I laugh at the owner of the house on Knight st where the road curves a little as you head to knight st bridge.
I can't remember how many times the fence was taken out and a few times the car hit the house as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:59 AM   #21721

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Sure, but after how many years of sharing a space and having to deal with managing tenants and their bullshit? I'm sure it's fine for some people, and for some it's the only way to make home ownership work, but if I'm buying a house for 4 million dollars I want to be able to let my kids bang around or watch the robbery scene in Heat at the proper volume without having to worry about someone below me complaining.
I agree, could never do the rental thing myself even when I had a house with a suite in it I never rented it out. My privacy is more important than money, it's why when I bought my last place 40 foot cedar trees at the edge of my property and a super private back yard were the selling feature for me. I do realize I'm lucky in the sense that with the price of homes currently that isn't an option for many.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 08:21 AM   #21722

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Quote:
Sure, but after how many years of sharing a space and having to deal with managing tenants and their bullshit? I'm sure it's fine for some people, and for some it's the only way to make home ownership work, but if I'm buying a house for 4 million dollars I want to be able to let my kids bang around or watch the bank scene in Heat at the proper volume without having to worry about someone below me complaining.
Yeah some of us are just not built for co-habitating with strangers. I'm one.
I absolutely hated it in the 5 years I spent renting.
I count my blessings that I can afford my house without rental income, and even if I had a suite capable of being rented I wouldn't do it. I really wouldn't care how much money I would be missing out on.

But I totally get that there's others out there who don't mind, some even prefer it. That's the thing about people, we're all different.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 04-22-2022 at 08:32 AM.
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2022, 09:03 AM   #21723
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,188 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
Feng Shui says no.

https://goo.gl/maps/VU4rU5cCNJqLyPLu8

This was my last house which was a corner lot and I hated maintaining the city owned lawn. I had lots of street parking that my neighbours left for me to use but it was a relatively busy side street so lots of cars going by at all times of the day/night. I give it a neutral rating for a corner lot.

I much prefer the lots that face into a park or into a really good fried chicken joint.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #21724
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,415 Times in 5,679 Posts
Every month when I get that sweet suite money, I kinda forget about the downsides lol
Old 04-22-2022, 10:32 AM   #21725
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,635 Times in 5,184 Posts
I know a sugar baby who feels the same way about her 70 year old bf
68style is online now   Reply With Quote