REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #1201
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
buy verge.
Advertisement
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #1202
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

What app or platform do you guys recommend to buy/sell coins
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #1203
I am Hook'd on RS

I want to buy bitcoin. Can someone show me the ways?
Pho Dac Biet is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #1204
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho Dac Biet View Post
I want to buy bitcoin. Can someone show me the ways?
https://www.quadrigacx.com
Old 11-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #1205
RS controls my life!

check out bitcointalk too. Had an acct from 2011...oh should've bought more :/

I haven't researched much into the forks - if you hold BTC in wallet do you automatically get BCH or new spinoffs?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #1206
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
check out bitcointalk too. Had an acct from 2011...oh should've bought more :/

I haven't researched much into the forks - if you hold BTC in wallet do you automatically get BCH or new spinoffs?
the btc hard fork has been call off. BCH though has a hardfork coming this sunday.

First real foray into crypto. deposited a couple g. Double my money on BCH in less than 3 days
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #1207
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post

I signed up with quadrigacx a couple days ago and their security is hella tight..
Had to send them my license, a bank statement, and a DAMN SELFIE of me holding my license and a piece of paper with a specific phrase on it.

Haha, it was hilarious. I had to take the selfie like 10x before it was even legible.

Too funny. Still waiting on my application.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #1208
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

When you invest your whole life saVing into tulips
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzjr View Post
When you invest your whole life saVing into tulips
and the tulip is crashing

what do you guys think about this massive dump of capital and hash power over to bch?

an elaborate attack by the s2x mafia or beginning of the end for btc?
Old 11-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #1210
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
and the tulip is crashing

what do you guys think about this massive dump of capital and hash power over to bch?

an elaborate attack by the s2x mafia or beginning of the end for btc?
Rich people trying to get richer in a new/unregulated market
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #1211

Working on a second setup. have 3 out my my 4 RX580 8 gb cards running at just over 29 Mh/s each. Hoping to get the forth one running today then clean up the setup and add some fans. Will be moving both setups into the garage. Should help a lot with cooling.

Anyone else mining?

I'm thinking of doing a 3rd setup if I can get some good prices on some GPU'S

This motherboard from colorful looks pretty good. Has 8 full PCIe slots so no riser cards needed. The CPU is on a card that fits in the blue slot.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #1212
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Rich people trying to get richer in a new/unregulated market
https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr

Quote:
Traders, certain information has come to my attention that is causing me grave concerns and i feel it is my duty to warn each and every one of you.

We all know the scaling drama has caused a huge rift, resulting in bitcoin forking into the soon to be "Bitcoin Cash".

I know many have large holdings and savings in bitcoin, and are 'hodlers' and will never sell, so when the selling starts, you may lose everything if you don't also sell.

Gentlemen, this is certaintly not going to be gentlemen.

Certain information has come to light from back room channels, sources i cannot disclose ~ even writing this post will probably reveal my source - but i feel by gods will, I must warn you all.

Selling is coming. Selling the likes of which hasn't been seen since MtGox era.
Already as i type this, battleships of bitcoin are being shorted on all major exchanges.

Gentlemen, The enemy, the big blockers, have colluded and joined forces. The chinese, Jihan & co have put together a plan to replace bitcoin with bitcoin cash.

The plan goes like this:
Chinese miners (f2pool, antpool etc etc) have organised with major exchanges (via/huobi/okcoin etc) to support and launch bitcoin cash.
Initially they will let everyone who wants to sell, sell.
Once the coin has bottomed out, and everyone who wanted to sell has sold, they [chinese miners/jihad/chinese exchanges] will begin accumulating lots and lots of bitcoin cash.
They will then begin to pump the price to around 0.1 BCC/BTC - 10%
The big pools won't mine it ~ they will let the smaller pools see the returns from mining this expensive, but low difficulty coin and start mining it.
Later, the larger pools will join, and as we know, jihad has ALOT of hashing power, their plan is for bitcoin cash to have more hashing power than bitcoin ~ and lets be honest, once t he chinese move over, that is pretty much it.
Around this time, the 'hard fork' section of segwit 2x is not going to happen ~ it never was - Bitcoin cash will then be seen as the original NYA coin..
At that point in time, Bitcoin cash will be on all major chinese exchanges, possibly some western exchanges aswell, and have majority hashing power. Western companies & other merchant providers (BitPay - @Spair) etc - paid off by bitmain etc will go along with the new bitcoin cash narrative and will push for the 'bitcoin cash' to be called 'bitcoin' on all their platforms, leaving only coinbase et all which will then be the odd ones out..

Now comes the scary part, The old bitcoin, the bitcoin we know and love, is going to get DESTROYED.
What determines a coins success ? It's market cap.
Big old school blockers and miners are going to dump bitcoin back to the bottom, they will take literally billions and billions of dollars out of bitcoin. They will use the money to fund the marketing, and development, or 'bitcoin cash' - Think, Bitcoin core - FIRED. Think - forbes article, "why bitcoin miners and companies are moving to bitcoin cash" - think - "Why the market is chosing bitcoin cash as bitcoin not bitcoin core" - They wil lsay the market has spoken, that people have voted with their money.

Right now, massive huge shorts are being built, already on finex, shorts are at 32k - not seen since $200 these kinds of numbers of shorts, and its climbing, all the t ime, consistently, they have ALOT of coins to short.

The most painful kind of selling, is where it never bounces and if you remember MtGox from $1000 to $70, you'll remember what no bounces feels like ~ and I can tell you. This won't be any better.

Good luck all, remember - fair warning.

Below is I grabbed, i also have some slack and telegram logs, I will sort them out later when i get back, i just want to confirm what I can safely disclose first for my own protection.

Email from [alice] to [bob] - http://imgur.com/a/FcZIp
My cousin and I are a bit salty. We contemplated putting 50% of our portfolio into BCH when it was $350. We knew it was PND, but it didn't mean we couldn't make money out of it. Then it skyrocketed before we knew it, and didn't want to hold bags due to FOMO. Now we're happier with every dollar dropped, lol.

Some upcoming ICOs that I'm currently looking into. Some short summarizations below, but please DYOR.

Wacoin is another Chinese-based RFID token like VEN/WTC with a strong focus on baby products. Smart target market since Chinese people are still vary of buying fake baby powder, and parents will always shell out big bucks for these kind of things. Working app and products in a handful of stores for testing. Whitelist is open.

Crypto20 is an index fund token. You hold C20 tokens instead of multiple coins. Token is based on the top 20 coins with a weekly rebalancing. Whitepaper is highly detailed. ICO is currently open.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #1213

Don't fall for the FUD

If you base your investment decisions on random pastebins, have fun losing all your money to Chinese miners trying to make use of this FUD as much as they can after being trashed by their government (that is assuming it isn't the Chinese government itself that did this)
Old 11-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #1214

Quote:
Don't fall for the FUD

If you base your investment decisions on random pastebins, have fun losing all your money to Chinese miners trying to make use of this FUD as much as they can after being trashed by their government (that is assuming it isn't the Chinese government itself that did this)
I don’t know whether to be so quick to discredit bch. After the whole war this weekend. Bch is still holding steady at 1200$ ish. Bitmain the maker of 90 % of the world’s asic sha265 miner only take bch. During the weekend there was several point where you cannon complete your order for the miner with bch.

Everything was timed... new batch of miner release just before he major run up from $600 usd. This batch still havnt sold out.

When bch crash to 1g it was impossible to pull you money out of bch. It was like all hashing power paused for a few minutes. Annnddd the price stabilized at $1000 and didn’t go further down. Same thing was happening to btc when it was crashing too. Holy Unconfirmed transaction, when it finally confirms for you and you saw that what you were holding is now down 1000$ many people switch side to bch. And than got caught in the same thing lol

Havnt been in the crypto world for long but this centralized control of hashing power is worrying...
Old 11-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #1215

BCH is being floated by VERY powerful groups in China. The whole thing was intentional, but I don't think they actually achieved their goal of taking over for BTC last week.

In order for it to be of any use at all, it has to be at least 40% the value of BTC. For that to happen, it has to strengthen even more (meaning support from people other than the Chinese miners, or BTC itself crashes)

However int he end it won't matter, because the only currency that is actually useful for buying things is BTC. Until that changes, it will be the only one that matters, ever. The rest are basically the schemes everyone thought BTC was going to be when it started. Any gimmicky ICO that comes out needs to tie itself to BTC somehow to be anything more than that.

(BTW I don't think as an investor, only as someone who believes in bitcoin as a benefit to society. All the investor get-rich-quick with baby powder ICO shit, don't give a shit about that stuff)
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #1216
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Don't fall for the FUD

The pastebins are just for reading pleasure. I like to keep an open mind and reading the various FUD posts are just as important sometimes.

The past two months with all the forks has just been disappointing to see. So much manipulation.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 AM   #1217

Can't blame them for trying when there's literally billions of dollars for them to grab
Old 11-14-2017, 07:52 AM   #1218
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
do you guys trade in and out or are you all bag holders?

for you bag holders... when do you expect to cash out? or never... just hoping it becomes some dominant currency and you live off that?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #1219

I don't trade or hold, I use bitcoin. That's the best thing about it compared to shitcoins and ICO schemes - it's actually useful
Old 11-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #1220
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
do you guys trade in and out or are you all bag holders?

for you bag holders... when do you expect to cash out? or never... just hoping it becomes some dominant currency and you live off that?
Used to trade in and out back in April. Already cashed out principal. Only have runners in it. Now just allocate it in various coins to learn about the tech. Best way to learn imo. It's unregulated and trade 24/7. Fuck that haha.

Transaction fee is so high right now, I don't know how one would use it effectively unless they do big transfer internationally that would otherwise impossible.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #1221

Yeah until they work out scalability, it's only really good for big transfers right now
Old 11-17-2017, 12:18 AM   #1222
I keep RS good

ill prob have a buncha questions in the coming days.

late on the bandwagon but i've decided i'll invest several hundred and try to trade it up to several thousand within a year. the 24/7 365 trading is appealing LOL.

which wallet do you guys use? and why?

I'm eyeing electrum but only cuz bitcoin.org says so LOL.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:23 AM   #1223
I keep RS good

ohhhhh baby. screw dealing with those cypto exchanges.

Coming Soon: Bitcoin Futures

lol. bitcoin futures baby. I feel like the margin is gonna be like 10k USD per contract though lol
Old 11-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #1224

Quote:
ill prob have a buncha questions in the coming days.

late on the bandwagon but i've decided i'll invest several hundred and try to trade it up to several thousand within a year. the 24/7 365 trading is appealing LOL.

which wallet do you guys use? and why?

I'm eyeing electrum but only cuz bitcoin.org says so LOL.
I use https://jaxx.io/ super easy to set up and does multiple currencies. electrum only does bitcoin from what I see.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #1225

Quote:
ohhhhh baby. screw dealing with those cypto exchanges.

Coming Soon: Bitcoin Futures

lol. bitcoin futures baby. I feel like the margin is gonna be like 10k USD per contract though lol
Futures from CME is huge huge news for bitcoin. Watch for institutional money rolling in!.

I don't know why you as a retail investor with couple hundred would even try futures though