REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #11076
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
Didn't RK have some secret VIP back-room at some restaurant in Yaletown to 'entertain' guests?
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 02-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #11077
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
^Rumours are rumours until they're verified by a reputable 3rd party.

Rumour had it that Tiger Woods was a devoted family man with 2 dogs, 2 children, and a hot blonde to keep him entertained at home. Look how that turned out.

A friend showed me "The Dirty" pages about RK. While they could be true, the circumstances and stories were somewhat "out there" and sometimes laughable. But hey, they might be true!

On another note- it was nice to finally see the Canucks hold a 3rd period lead and not blow it for an OT/SO loss. Hopefully they keep that one in their memories and break their current 3rd-period funk.

And, to me at least, Lack is showing that he is NHL ready. 3 shut-outs in a season of indifference by the Canucks. I'm not going to go as far as compare him to Cory when he was here, but as much as I love Luongo I wouldn't bat an eyelash if Eddie was given the crease in the very near future. Much like Cory did in his early time with the Canucks, Eddie Lack has shown the ability to steal a game when the Canucks have no business in it.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #11078
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
^Rumours are rumours until they're verified by a reputable 3rd party.

Rumour had it that Tiger Woods was a devoted family man with 2 dogs, 2 children, and a hot blonde to keep him entertained at home. Look how that turned out.

A friend showed me "The Dirty" pages about RK. While they could be true, the circumstances and stories were somewhat "out there" and sometimes laughable. But hey, they might be true!
You don't see the Sedins or a guy like Hamhuis on the dirty or having stories about them.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #11079
My homepage has been set to RS

This is hilarious, Sid doesn't know how to pop a bottle of champagne.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=562472
Old 02-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #11080
I STILL don't get it

lol you gotta be kidding me .. thedirty was a fun little laugh site from awhile back but lets get real its a fucking joke. They are user submitted stories, I could go and post a bunch of hilarious and compelling stories about the Sedins fucking Hamhuis wife right now and it would probably get published if they felt it would get enough views.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #11081
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
keslar + ??? = St. Louis??

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #11082
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
lol you gotta be kidding me .. thedirty was a fun little laugh site from awhile back but lets get real its a fucking joke. They are user submitted stories, I could go and post a bunch of hilarious and compelling stories about the Sedins fucking Hamhuis wife right now and it would probably get published if they felt it would get enough views.
CSB
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #11083
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Hammer and Sedins ain't out taxin bitxhesz cause they fuckin pussies
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #11084
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You don't see the Sedins or a guy like Hamhuis on the dirty or having stories about them.
Posted via RS Mobile
This type of opinion is worse than bandwagoners. No wonder RK17 wants out. I bet we won't get a good return on the eventual trade. The GM's see there's blood in the water.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #11085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
keslar + ??? = St. Louis??
Hopefully that's sarcasm, because that would be an atrocious deal.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #11086

RK trade propsal if I were Gillis would try to get Ryan Johansen from CBJ and maybe try to throw in Boone Jenner...the thing that might stop the trade would be Rk not wanting to play with Umberger...
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #11087

As per Lebrun, Kesler never really formally made a trade request.

Quote:
As a couple of front-office sources from other teams told me Thursday, it was bound to come out at some point that the Vancouver Canucks were feeling out the market on Ryan Kesler.

Secrets just don't keep in this business.

It doesn't sound as though Kesler actually made a formal trade request at any time, although it was clearly indicated a change of scenery could benefit both the player and the team; so perhaps semantics, if anything else.

The bottom line:
• A number of NHL teams have gotten calls from the Canucks on Kesler as well as vice-versa;
• The price is "significantly high," says one Western Conference source. "Really high. And I guess I can't blame them," says a different source.
• The Canucks have made it clear to other teams that they don't feel the need to move him before Wednesday's deadline, that they're more than happy to pick this up again in June if their price isn't met. Or never move him at all if their price is never met.
• Kesler is signed for two more seasons, which means if you're trading for him now, you've got three more playoffs out of the gritty, two-way star. And at $5 million a year, he's below market value.

So, yeah, the Canucks are asking teams a for a lot. As they should be.

And let's remember the bigger picture here. I wrote back on Feb. 4 about what I had heard was a decision by the Canucks to reshape their roster after years of being a top contender, that the time had come to get younger assets in return for veteran players. Basically, outside of the Sedin twins, all bets were off.

So, this Kesler news is very much part and parcel of that bigger picture.

The Wings? The Columbus Blue Jackets? Heck, you have to figure a good dozen teams will take a long, hard look at Kesler between now and Wednesday. There's no bigger prize on the market, given that he's not a rental.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #11088
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
This type of opinion is worse than bandwagoners. No wonder RK17 wants out. I bet we won't get a good return on the eventual trade. The GM's see there's blood in the water.
Posted via RS Mobile
k
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #11089

Vancouver is always so funny because we continually lack grit and that push back, we never ever keep guys who play a role that is perceived as "edgy" ie. Torres who was an incredible role player for us. Then we go out of our way to praise the pussies who play without toughness and get us fucking no where

If the trade Kesler thing is true and we are going to try and retool with the Sedins remaining as our first line were fucking -finished- like it's not even funny how bad it's going to be toiling in mediocrity with a core that can't go head to head against 80% of the west let alone make it to the final. This is where you're really going to see what the owners are committed to, money or a cup.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #11090
i like gifs

I miss Raffe Torres' coked out eyes
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #11091
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
If Kesler gets traded, managment better reimburse the jersey I got for my bday
Old 02-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #11092

Torres coked up taking head shots > Schroeder
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #11093

yeah that no resigning raffi was a huge fucking misrtake by gillis...didnt raffi only wants 2.5 mill plus couple years? Just dont get how you let a guy go like that when he fills so many voids...
Old 02-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #11094

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Didn't RK have some secret VIP back-room at some restaurant in Yaletown to 'entertain' guests?
burrows and him ran the back room in roxy. was doing a fundraiser for a hockey team there, after the game was over they came down, kicked everyone out, brought girls. they did it alot eventually obrien got the grenades
Old 02-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #11095
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Wow, Orca Bay messed up real bad on this Heritage Classic contest for minor hockey teams. Many kids will be disappointed that they won't get tickets.

Talk about bad PR.

Canucks contest gone wrong leaves kids disappointed | News1130
Old 02-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #11096
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
something similar to Torres was Brandon Prust in NYR he usually played his role on the 4th line and did it very well and on a good night he could be a 3rd liner, last year in FA he was asking NYR for 2.5M and signed with Montreal, I thought that was way too much but now that he is gone I realized how much he brought to the team and could justify that price

NYR got Carcillo and Dorsett who has been injured for a while now but even when healthy just isn't the same as Prust the Rangers are heading into some deep cap problems though so it was probably for the best they didn't give him that 2.5M

that's just my armchair GM opinion though
Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #11097

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
something similar to Torres was Brandon Prust in NYR he usually played his role on the 4th line and did it very well and on a good night he could be a 3rd liner, last year in FA he was asking NYR for 2.5M and signed with Montreal, I thought that was way too much but now that he is gone I realized how much he brought to the team and could justify that price

NYR got Carcillo and Dorsett who has been injured for a while now but even when healthy just isn't the same as Prust the Rangers are heading into some deep cap problems though so it was probably for the best they didn't give him that 2.5M

that's just my armchair GM opinion though
Prust is a good example of a good character player
hes fought above his weight class on numerous examples. In MTL even rode a line with gallagher and galchenya at one point i think, showing those kids the ropes (even though hes obviously not as skilled as them, he can take them under his wings)

This is part of the reason why Clarkson got his outrageous contract with the Leafs. a character guy, plus he had 30 goals at one point (whether or not overpaid is another discussion) . And this is why Ryan Callahan feels he deserves a big fat contract as well.

--speaking of Callahan, i was lucky enough to catch a NYR vs Bruins game just after the lockout ended when i was in NY. He is fucking fearless. Saw him took a couple runs at that giraffe freakshow Chara

And all this love of Ryan Kesler, it is perhaps because he and Bieksa show the most character out of the entire team (on ice). That is something that is not recorded or presented on statistical sheets usually

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #11098
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
they gave away about 13 tickets to rogers arena staff members. should just gave it to the kids.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #11099
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
RK trade propsal if I were Gillis would try to get Ryan Johansen from CBJ and maybe try to throw in Boone Jenner...the thing that might stop the trade would be Rk not wanting to play with Umberger...
Easy fix. Ask CBJ GM to trade away PJ Hamburger.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #11100
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Its not like the heritage classic is even sold out anyways. take the remaining tickets and give it to the kids.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread