REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

Mr.Money 10-07-2018 08:25 AM

Putin must've hated the loud mouth antics also,Tons of people online were hating McGregor's non-stop trash talk from the get go.

end of the day,UFC is gonna pay off anyone who has a problem like the las vegas sports commissioner who ran out of the arena when everything was turning for the worse if they want to host UFC again,it has to bring 100's of millions already with people partying & hotel costs for Fight night,Las vegas investors are scared shit-less if their main income from UFC ends entirely....there's too much on the line for anyone to say fuck ufc & their wild antics.

lets just see if ufc slowly covers for Khabib so he would be allowed back in usa with money doing all the talking,they did for McGregor when someone actually did get fucked up "cut above the eye from glass".....verse the little love taps that Khabib did,that didn't do fuck all but hype the next fight more when he jumped out the stage. :fuckthatshit: Khabib's entire winnings from the night is most likely gonna be eaten by penalties & he'll accept it just to fight again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Budong (Post 8922426)
while true, this debacle put the UFC front and centre again, its not an image the UFC wants to go down. However, the UFC should know that the moment you include the bus attack in the promos, that it definitely sets the precedent that this shit is what sells fights.

Who and what sells fights. Drama. The moment McGregor started his whole parade of being "THE SHOW" is when this whole shit went down. WELL before this.

Dana White said the perfect cover-up "Oh WELL that was apart of the story!"...than waited for next question,greasy fucking rich twat.

zyzzjr 10-07-2018 08:32 AM

<3

fliptuner 10-07-2018 09:38 AM

I don't think it was a promotional hype, on Khabib's end. DC called it right. I think it was purely standing up for all the BS he's been listening to, leading up to the fight. I can totally see his point of view - it's not a game to him. Should he have rushed the crowd, of course not. I was hoping he'd keep the choke on, well after the tap, while eye-fucking Connor's boys.

That said, Connor obviously wins the mindfucking game and can now play the victim. All while showing mercy by not pressing charges.

In the end, as a sport, Dana fucked up and should've nipped the whole thing in the bud, months ago. Being the greedy fuck he is, now he's just going to promote the shit out of the whole situation again.

Purely based on the fight, I don't think Conner deserves an immediate rematch. I want to see McGregor/Diaz 3 and Nurmagomedov smash Ferguson, first.

whitev70r 10-07-2018 10:32 AM

Moral of the story, do not get Drake in your corner!

radioman 10-07-2018 10:55 AM

Ya I'm all up for Khabib vs ferguson and a trilogy fight for Connor and Nate.

Assuming Khabib and connor win that just makes a potential rematch for this fight all the sweater.

I'm very curious what happens to connor if he loses 2 in a row.

whitev70r 10-07-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8922437)
I'm very curious what happens to connor if he loses 2 in a row.

What do you mean? He already has.

kr4l 10-07-2018 12:40 PM

@whitrv70r you seem to have huge hate for Connor and I don’t really understand why

Don’t get me wrong, khabib was going to destroy Connor before the fight even started, but to think Connor is some huge douche outside the octagon is sort of untrue in a lot of ways

The only reason khabib is getting a pay day is because of Connor. Khabib should be thanking him for that. Connor changed the ufc single handedly and his pay cheque’s speak for themselves. He’s also a very talented fighter. I think you may be misunderstand his confidence with cockiness.

You really think Connor does what he does because he actually hates the fighters? He’s doing all of it for promotion, because he’s taking the reputation he built and is making hundreds of millions now. He could case less if he loses a fight or not

Connor literally has your emotions right where he wants it. He wants haters to see him lose and fans to see him win. Hate him or love him, his promotion game is strong

zyzzjr 10-07-2018 12:42 PM

<3

will068 10-07-2018 12:53 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/shaunking...30822260899840

At 0:38 , Conor sucker punches Khabib's trainer - which started Khabib's bro jumping into the ring and sucker punching Conor.

However, Conor is in the kitchen taking the heat. So good on him for not pressing charges.

Khabib just showed an absolute clinic. Pure domination. He could have ended it in the second round. But nope, he just slowed his strikes enough while Conor was on the ground so that the ref would not stop it. He was toying with Conor and just wanted to inflict more damage in 5 rounds (well 4 rds in this fight) instead of ending it early - just like his previous fights.

will068 10-07-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8922423)
What they really should have done was punish Khabib when he first put his hands on Lubov or whatever his name was. That's what incited the McGregor thing to begin with.

I don't think that would have prevented anything, but it would have set the precedent that everyone is now looking for.

They want these guys to push the envelope, but they have taken it way too far, putting other fighters in danger, and now worse, taking it into the audience itself.

The governor of NV was in the audience, and he GTFO of there.. I can imagine that didn't help Khabib's cause

Khabib was lecturing Artem. It was a pat at the back of his head. Literally confronted Artem saying something along the lines of 'we're russian, why do we need to talk trash to each other....".

I blame Artem for being a bitch. He was trash talking Khabib, Khabib confronted him man to man to tell him t not talk crap. That should have been the end.

MarkyMark 10-07-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kr4l (Post 8922446)
He could case less if he loses a fight or not

I wouldn't go that far, he 100% cares whether he loses or not. He likes money, and all the sponsors and big pay days won't last if you lose a few fights in a row, no matter how well you know how to hype a fight.

Mr.Money 10-07-2018 03:26 PM

george st pierre fight is most likely gonna used to roll over all the drama IMO.

bossha 10-07-2018 03:53 PM

glad khabib did what he did. conor is a bitch

pastarocket 10-07-2018 04:53 PM

Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers*

-mad respect for the Black Beast. Derrick Lewis. [emoji106]

What a comeback win for Lewis with that KO in the last 20 seconds of the last round. Scary power.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...59ebb2b0a6.gif

SkinnyPupp 10-07-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8922474)
-mad respect for the Black Beast. Derrick Lewis. [emoji106]

What a comeback win for Lewis with that KO in the last 20 seconds of the last round. Scary power.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...59ebb2b0a6.gif

https://i.imgur.com/RbuUFZQ.jpg

kr4l 10-07-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8922462)
I wouldn't go that far, he 100% cares whether he loses or not. He likes money, and all the sponsors and big pay days won't last if you lose a few fights in a row, no matter how well you know how to hype a fight.

I Probably worded it wrong. All fighters care about winning, but after every single fight connor has won or lost, he’s definitely been respectful, even against Aldo.

The cultural difference was definitely the deciding factor. It was all business for Connor but all personal for khabib

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2018 02:28 AM

From this view, you can see that at 0:25 Conor actually threw a punch at the guy who carries Khabib's hat before he got suckered by the dude in the red

This might change things, who knows

blagh 10-08-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8922403)
I actually doubt they'll ever use this footage again

That would be :lawl: if the do, we can see how greasy Dana really is if he does.

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blagh (Post 8922515)
That would be :lawl: if the do, we can see how greasy Dana really is if he does.

We'll see! After I wrote that, he said he didn't regret using the bus footage to promote this one... who really knows what he's actually thinking, but if it's actually that.. then DansGame

blagh 10-08-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8922513)
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1048830842196226048

From this view, you can see that at 0:25 Conor actually threw a punch at the guy who carries Khabib's hat before he got suckered by the dude in the red

This might change things, who knows

You can also see Khabib throwing his mouth guard (@0:08) recklessly into a crowd possibly aiming for Danis. :lawl:

blagh 10-08-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will068 (Post 8922450)
Khabib was lecturing Artem. It was a pat at the back of his head. Literally confronted Artem saying something along the lines of 'we're russian, why do we need to talk trash to each other....".

I blame Artem for being a bitch. He was trash talking Khabib, Khabib confronted him man to man to tell him t not talk crap. That should have been the end.

Check out 1:30

This is not true, and definitely not man to man.

Translation:

"Khabib is pissed about what Artem said at a weigh in a while back. Khabib came up to him and said yo you said this shit. Atrem said no I didn’t. Then khabib got in his face and said yeah you said this and this and Artem says he never said that. So khabib says keep my name out of your mouth and slaps him. Then he says if i ever hear you talk about me again im gunna fuck you up do you understand? And Artem is trying to say something and khabib cuts him off and says DO YOU UNDERSTAND OR NOT?! Artem says yes"

blagh 10-08-2018 06:55 AM

Khabib is a fool he has his 2 mill purse with-held by the NSAC. All because he wanted to give justice....... after winning the fight :seriously: .

Doesn't realize its because of Connor he had this opportunity to get the most exposure he ever probably will have now...

Enough fame to receive a congratulation phone call from Putin himself, which he thought this fight would have real geopolitical issues which couldn't of been resolved after the fight through mutual respect.

Connors mind games are on anther level he was able to manipulate this idiot to risk his career, friends careers, VISA issues, criminal offences with him and in his entourage. Yes that 2 mill purse would be nice to cover those upcoming fines and possible bail fees for your team :lawl:

And Khabib is a pussy for hiding on that bus, there is no way that many of Connors entourage is going to assault Khabib that bad in front of that many CAMERAS :seriously:.

That being said Khabib will get suspened IMO, and they should strip him of the title :lawl: and make CM vs Ferguson for the new or interm title and have the winner of that fight Khabib (once suspension is over). Diaz and Poirier fit into the equation as well, but there needs to be a winner to stay ready as a replacement.

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2018 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blagh (Post 8922522)
This is not true, and definitely not man to man.

Translation:

"Khabib is pissed about what Artem said at a weigh in a while back. Khabib came up to him and said yo you said this shit. Atrem said no I didn’t. Then khabib got in his face and said yeah you said this and this and Artem says he never said that. So khabib says keep my name out of your mouth and slaps him. Then he says if i ever hear you talk about me again im gunna fuck you up do you understand? And Artem is trying to say something and khabib cuts him off and says DO YOU UNDERSTAND OR NOT?! Artem says yes"

But... but.. religion! Family! BabyRage

So he's just a punk... even more of a punk because it's not just for hype and show LUL

whitev70r 10-08-2018 07:40 AM

Let's set aside the sideshow for a minute and discuss about the actual fight and what happened before the brawl/mayhem:

Manic! 10-08-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blagh (Post 8922524)
Khabib is a fool he has his 2 mill purse with-held by the NSAC. All because he wanted to give justice....... after winning the fight :seriously: .

Doesn't realize its because of Connor he had this opportunity to get the most exposure he ever probably will have now...

Enough fame to receive a congratulation phone call from Putin himself, which he thought this fight would have real geopolitical issues which couldn't of been resolved after the fight through mutual respect.

Connors mind games are on anther level he was able to manipulate this idiot to risk his career, friends careers, VISA issues, criminal offences with him and in his entourage. Yes that 2 mill purse would be nice to cover those upcoming fines and possible bail fees for your team :lawl:

And Khabib is a pussy for hiding on that bus, there is no way that many of Connors entourage is going to assault Khabib that bad in front of that many CAMERAS :seriously:.

That being said Khabib will get suspened IMO, and they should strip him of the title :lawl: and make CM vs Ferguson for the new or interm title and have the winner of that fight Khabib (once suspension is over). Diaz and Poirier fit into the equation as well, but there needs to be a winner to stay ready as a replacement.

And who tapped out?
why would Ferguson fight a loser.
Dana will give Khabib a slap on the wrist.