REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

whitev70r 10-06-2018 09:11 PM

Great fight ... !!!

Love seeing McGregor submitted, cry uncle, and eat humble pie.

Tegra_Devil 10-06-2018 09:13 PM

Huge money rematch....ufc dream

Dana was blowing his load

Mr.Money 10-06-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8922387)
Funny thing is this is exactly what Schaub said would happen LUL

joe rogan pod cast...."i don't want to be in that crowd...its gonna be russians vs the irish"

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8922388)
What a dick move by Khabib. There was no reason for him to jump out of the pentagon to fight someone. Crazy! He won the fight! Why would he pull a stunt like that???

Then one of Khabib's henchman sucker punched McGregor. :mad:

Khabib spat on conor too right after the fight was called

What a piece of shit (both of them btw, let's not forget Conor sent people to the hospital from his conniption)

evlee 10-06-2018 09:16 PM

Someone got arrested?!? Lol

whitev70r 10-06-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

What a dick move by Khabib. There was no reason for him to jump out of the pentagon to fight someone. Crazy! He won the fight! Why would he pull a stunt like that???

Just a business move, building up the hate for the the rematch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8922394)
Someone got arrested?!? Lol

You mean someone not named McGregor this time?

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8922395)
Just a business move, building up the hate for the the rematch.

I know sarcasm doesn't come across in text all the time.. So I have to ask... You're being sarcastic right? :pokerface:

That being said, the rematch is going to be MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and you bet they'll be using this footage.

And TBH I'd be tempted to pick Conor in the rematch

Has the headfucked guy ever won a fight before? Usually they end up like Aldo

Hondaracer 10-06-2018 09:21 PM

That was fucked up. Honestly felt borderline out of control

whitev70r 10-06-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8922397)
I know sarcasm doesn't come across in text all the time.. So I have to ask... You're being sarcastic right? :pokerface:

That being said, the rematch is going to be MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and you bet they'll be using this footage.

See it worked ... you're already so pumped for the rematch. First, let's tune in to the post-fight conference.

jdmhaze 10-06-2018 09:36 PM

For anyone who wants to tune into the presser

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmhaze (Post 8922400)
For anyone who wants to tune into the presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4stbYqXacY

lol @ the chat

Why even bother

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8922399)
See it worked ... you're already so pumped for the rematch. First, let's tune in to the post-fight conference.

Maybe but if you think this was pre-planned or acceptable you're crazy

BTW I actually doubt they'll ever use this footage again

Mr.Money 10-06-2018 10:05 PM

russian vs irish bitches throwing down :awwyeah:

look at that stage dive from up above.

kr4l 10-06-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Then one of Khabib's henchman sucker punched McGregor. :mad:

It was more like 5 sucker punches and it was 2 guys

whitev70r 10-06-2018 10:09 PM

WTH was that guy in the red shirt who hopped over the octagon and laid a few on McGregor?

Then what was Cormier doing in the ring?

Mr.Money 10-06-2018 10:15 PM

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 10:23 PM

Fucking god FailFish

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 10:35 PM

NSAC withholding Khabib's $2 million purse 4Head

DavidNguyen 10-06-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8922411)
NSAC withholding Khabib's $2 million purse 4Head

I hope he doesnt receive it

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2018 11:12 PM

They put Khabib out there... amazing

First thing he does (after "apologizing") is wonder why everyone is upset about him jumping the cage FailFish

Manic! 10-07-2018 12:49 AM

You bring someones family or religion into it all bets are off. With all the crap Muslims take I can see why he did it.

quasi 10-07-2018 04:29 AM

The shit that went on after the fight can't happen if they want to keep the sport legitimate and not turn it into WWE. They need to punish him and his posse just like they did when McGregor and his goons attacked the bus..........oh wait.

Khabib is in the wrong for sure, Dana is also in the wrong for not doing anything when shit first went down months ago. He basically set the precedent that you can do whatever the fuck you want if you're a main draw in the sport.

SkinnyPupp 10-07-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8922422)
The shit that went on after the fight can't happen if they want to keep the sport legitimate and not turn it into WWE. They need to punish him and his posse just like they did when McGregor and his goons attacked the bus..........oh wait.

Khabib is in the wrong for sure, Dana is also in the wrong for not doing anything when shit first went down months ago. He basically sent the precedent that you can do whatever the fuck you want if you're a main draw in the sport.

What they really should have done was punish Khabib when he first put his hands on Lubov or whatever his name was. That's what incited the McGregor thing to begin with.

I don't think that would have prevented anything, but it would have set the precedent that everyone is now looking for.

They want these guys to push the envelope, but they have taken it way too far, putting other fighters in danger, and now worse, taking it into the audience itself.

The governor of NV was in the audience, and he GTFO of there.. I can imagine that didn't help Khabib's cause

whitev70r 10-07-2018 07:00 AM

For those who thinks this mayhem/riot crap is terrible and has to be cleaned up ... UFC was trending downwards for a long while with no one caring or watching their no name fights and events. Now the next morning, every news agency is covering it. Dana is not stupid ... on the one hand, he says it is 'disgusting' ... on the other hand, he is going to milk this for all it's worth. It was McGregor's antics that turned UFC into this side show but from a marketing point of view, brought in the viewers. Already hyping up rematch, it will be even bigger than this fight. Sorry Diaz ... you just got bumped down on the waiting list for McGregor again. And please ... don't get self-righteous and indignant about the riots in the streets in Vegas afterwards!

The real highlight of the night, Khabib submitted McGregor ... fair and square, period, no excuses ... before the mayhem/riot started.

Why didn't they put McGregor on the post-fight presser? Sore loser?

Haha ... Putin called Khabib to congratulate him on the win ... classic!

Tim Budong 10-07-2018 08:24 AM

while true, this debacle put the UFC front and centre again, its not an image the UFC wants to go down. However, the UFC should know that the moment you include the bus attack in the promos, that it definitely sets the precedent that this shit is what sells fights.

Who and what sells fights. Drama. The moment McGregor started his whole parade of being "THE SHOW" is when this whole shit went down. WELL before this.