REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

whitev70r 02-05-2023 07:44 AM

On the other side of town, this was interesting ...

MarkyMark 02-05-2023 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 9089783)
Fedor loses his retirement fight, badly, against RYAN BADER (so that's 0-2 against him).. I don't think he's ever won a fight that wasn't against a can or fucked around with in some weird way, so good for him. Most overrated fighter in the history of MMA.

The dudes 46 years old lol.

GLOW 02-05-2023 10:04 AM

i dunno, he's beaten some guys man, to name a few...
big nog
tim silva
arvlovski
kevin randal
babalu

then on the old man circuit still beat guys like mir, sonnen, rampage...

but ya his last few losses, to matt matrione, verdum, and bader x2 was sad :okay:

mikemhg 02-05-2023 11:51 AM

Always felt Fedor was overrated, just a guy in the right place at the right time in the sport's infancy.

It's like Chuck Liddell or Tito.

Great fighters when they were scrapping part-time policemen and ex-football players, however the sport has evolved to the point where I doubt most of these guys would find the same success in their prime against the current level of talent.

SkinnyPupp 02-05-2023 01:30 PM

Yeah can't take away his accomplishments - he beat everyone they put in front of him early on, and good for him for making a lot of money on that rep. Those early Pride days were just crazy as shit, and you can never replicate that again. The later pride days where he was fighting cans and matchups were messed around with (like 0 day notice opponents) and then the US stuff, he was more exposed and that's when he became more and more overrated for his actual current abilities.

I think a lot of people loved him because they had similar looking bodies and he made them feel like they weren't automatically weakass.

BTW I feel like this is the only place I can say this open and honest stuff without being torn to sh reds by his crazy fans lol

whitev70r 02-11-2023 03:13 PM

mikemhg, you interested in tonight's bout?

I'm going to go with the heavier fighter ... Makhachev and he fights at 155 (right?)

As for the rest, I don't know them and really don't care much.

whitev70r 02-11-2023 08:47 PM

Wow ... solid fight in the main card !! Went the distance.

GLOW 02-13-2023 09:42 AM

yair was on point and looked great, i didn't realize Emmett had such an impressive record going in to the fight.

brown's ric flair impersonation looked painful...he looked good starting out as well...:nyan:

MarkyMark 03-02-2023 07:28 PM

Now that I actually want Jones to win watch him get flatlined this weekend

mikemhg 03-03-2023 10:07 AM

White, it's time.

My heart is with Jones, but I'm taking Gane on this one.

whitev70r 03-03-2023 02:29 PM

^ I was going to let you choose JJ and take Gane just for the 'upset'. But since you posted first ... OK I'll put my wagon on Jones. Although there is a part of me that would love to see JJ get his hubris ass whooped.

I see that no other match is remotely interesting.

Bender Unit 03-03-2023 03:27 PM

Jon Jone will LOSE
3 years absent
different weight class

You all still imagine him in his PRIME years
Didn't you remember how his last match went with Dominick Reyes in 2020
JJ got beat and almost lose the match if not the 1 single took down.
He was going downhill slowly back then already

MarkyMark 03-03-2023 04:23 PM

Prime Jones was the GOAT I don't think he needs to be as good to have success in the heavyweight division but his age and how well he takes a shot these days are of concern.

SkinnyPupp 03-04-2023 08:20 PM

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkinnyPupp 03-04-2023 08:24 PM

She says she trained to take the back to counter the spinning back kick!!!!!!!!!

SkinnyPupp 03-04-2023 08:51 PM

Well that was dominant

Wait that was for the title? LOL what a rinkadink company

Bender Unit 03-04-2023 09:17 PM

If that’s not FIXED
Nothing is…

F—k You, Dana W——

You know why Stipe M. was there

Fail Me if you like Jon John Fun.

MarkyMark 03-04-2023 09:29 PM

Jones is the goat

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlimsyHoll...restricted.gif

whitev70r 03-04-2023 09:59 PM

Gosh how much was Gane paid to play possum? Why after this long drawn out back and forth would they want to make JJ the next hero?

mikemhg 03-05-2023 09:20 AM

Why did I ever doubt the GOAT, my bad.

3 years off, new weight class, wins the belt in 2 minutes.

The best of all time.

whitev70r 03-05-2023 01:26 PM

^ let's hold off on that just a bit ... let's see how he does with a real heavyweight MMA fighter, next up Stipe Miocic.

And the forced out champ:

SkinnyPupp 03-05-2023 01:45 PM

Miocic is old and basically has one foot in the door of retirement already... That should be easy too

The only challenge I can think of at HW is Ngannou, but Dana says he will never be in UFC again "and I never say that" lol

Bones picked a good time to return

Do we still call him bones now that he's fat?

MarkyMark 03-05-2023 04:36 PM

Is Ngannou going to get his huge boxing payday or did he leave the UFC for nothing?

SkinnyPupp 03-05-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 9092395)
Is Ngannou going to get his huge boxing payday or did he leave the UFC for nothing?

Yeah he wants to do a match with Tyson Fury and then maybe come back, but Dana says "never" so we shall see

fliptuner 03-06-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 9092355)
She says she trained to take the back to counter the spinning back kick!!!!!!!!!

https://instagram.com/stories/alexa_...d=NWQ4MGE5ZTk=

Crazy but she actually did.