REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #376
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
If you are going to sue me i want a list of every person that was at that conference and all your financial records. I have a family member who is an very good accountant.
"HEY HAND OVER THE GUN THAT I THINK YOU USED TO SHOOT THE VICTIM! MY UNCLE IS A FORENSICS EXPERT AND CAN PROVE YOU DID IT ONLY IF HE HAD THAT GUN YOU MAY HAVE USED"

You serious?
Advertisement
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #377
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm sure your uncle will be very interested in helping you win an argument on the internet by auditing a bunch of millionaires

You flat out stated your reason for slander. You said "I don't think he made that money". All John has to do is prove he made that money.
Then prove it. I also called him a scam artist.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #378
TTZ
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

The contest results page showing I won $25K, plus the $25 in my bank account should do it.

The great thing about slander is he can be right on 9 out of 10 claims, but I win one of them, I win the entire case.

He called me a scammer. That's slander right there. He would need to prove in court that I'm a scammer. He can't even do that on RS. Good luck in court! LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #379
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
You better be REAL CAREFUL what you post moving forward. I NEVER claimed or said the cash in the photo was real. I said I won $25,000 cash, which is 100% true. I've downloaded the photo you created and depending on how you behave, I will decide if I should have my lawyer give you a call.

I never sued a hater before. Might be a fun experiment.
Quote:
I guess I could add meme405 to the list as well for that statement about me faking the CBC documentary. That would be an easy case to win.
The photo presents the suggestions the "currency" is currency. Manic!'s observation that it is "currency" is astute and creates fair questions.

The CBC Documentary presents poor production qualities. Meme45 has demonstrated commendable due diligence by contacting CBC directly to confirm its authenticity given those qualities.

John, you are choosing to not only engage Manic! and Meme45, but to encourage them to question you. You even encourage your viewers to respond similarly to those like Manic! and Meme45. To then fault Manic! and Meme45 is unfair, and analagous to blaming a lion you taunted for attacking.

Rather than threatening Manic! and Meme45 with lawsuits to essentially end the discussion, the mature approach would be to simply walk away.

In my humble opinion, this thread has run its course and it should be shut down. There has been nothing but petty bickering for pages.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #380
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Go ahead try to sue me. I contacted the company you claimed responsible for conducting the documentary they claimed they knew nothing about it. I came here and posted it. It's not my fault they didn't remember. I assumed CBC wouldn't email out wrong information. For the record the only reason I contacted them was because I couldn't find anything on their site.

Like I said go ahead sue me, I stand behind my earlier statements, I believe you are scamming people, I believe the way you make your money is unethical, I believe you mis-represent your product, and I believe you are a liar.

Oh and I have contacted Linda Steele (the on your side girl), I hope she can do a segment on your ethical approach to business.

I do not feel like doing the fact checking necessary to write a cohesive argument here. But I know what you are running is just a complex MLM and w/e I write you only take the small portion you feel like responding too. So this is pointless.

Again so more people see the message, DO NOT GIVE JOHN CHOW A PENNY, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 10-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #381
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The photo presents the suggestions the "currency" is currency. Manic!'s observation that it is "currency" is astute and creates fair questions.

The CBC Documentary presents poor production qualities. Meme45 has demonstrated commendable due diligence by contacting CBC directly to confirm its authenticity given those qualities.

John, you are choosing to not only engage Manic! and Meme45, but to encourage them to question you. You even encourage your viewers to respond similarly to those like Manic! and Meme45. To then fault Manic! and Meme45 is unfair, and analagous to blaming a lion you taunted for attacking.

Rather than threatening Manic! and Meme45 with lawsuits to essentially end the discussion, the mature approach would be to simply walk away.

In my humble opinion, this thread has run its course and it should be shut down. There has been nothing but petty bickering for pages.
You know what? You are absolutely right! I had my fun and I think it's time to end it.

Manic, meme405. You two have been great. The next time I'm up in Vancouver, let's go for drinks. I'll buy. I know you two are not like this in real life (at least I hope not), and I'm sure if you get to know me, you'll see that I'm not really a bad guy either.

Piece out!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #382
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post

totally agreed here. but why would john walk away? by all means, he will try and get people to keep this thread going, regardless if its useless posts or questions. its making him money!

this thread is only gonna die if people stop egging both sides to continue or lock the thread
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #383
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
totally agreed here. but why would john walk away? by all means, he will try and get people to keep this thread going, regardless if its useless posts or questions. its making him money!

this thread is only gonna die if people stop egging both sides to continue or lock the thread
Yes, this thread is making me money, but it's not enough to justify my time. I've been doing it because it was fun. From a financial standpoint, I can send out an email blast, which takes a few min, and pull in 50X what I would make off this thread.

But if the haters wish to keep this thread going, that's up to them. I got my message out, so I won't be posting to it anymore.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #384
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Go ahead try to sue me. I contacted the company you claimed responsible for conducting the documentary they claimed they knew nothing about it. I came here and posted it. It's not my fault they didn't remember. I assumed CBC wouldn't email out wrong information. For the record the only reason I contacted them was because I couldn't find anything on their site.

Like I said go ahead sue me, I stand behind my earlier statements, I believe you are scamming people, I believe the way you make your money is unethical, I believe you mis-represent your product, and I believe you are a liar.

Oh and I have contacted Linda Steele (the on your side girl), I hope she can do a segment on your ethical approach to business.

I do not feel like doing the fact checking necessary to write a cohesive argument here. But I know what you are running is just a complex MLM and w/e I write you only take the small portion you feel like responding too. So this is pointless.

Again so more people see the message, DO NOT GIVE JOHN CHOW A PENNY, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY. ITS NOT WORTH IT.
Ya know dude, you have put a lot of effort into this and I can tell you, you are not going to get what you want.

I may think this whole thing is kinda bullshitty...a little scamy....and a whole lot of fishy....but, it doesn't matter and truthfully, I don't care that much. This shit doesn't effect me. If this John guy has made millions, cool. It has no relevance in my life....and it should have any relevance in yours.

I have been involved in my fair share of threads that spin down into fightclub-esque banter. I get it...It ain't fucking worth it. Just (metaphorically) walk away.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #385

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
TTZ reached out to me, and I can respect. Should have never escalated to a personal standpoint, so I apologize for that.

TTZ has stated that if Linda Steele would like to do a segment he is up for it, so if that opportunity arises I will pass on her information.

I still do feel that if it takes this much effort to explain what you do for a living and how you make money that something is wrong, and I do not want anyone to think that this post constitutes me thinking I am wrong. I still do not believe anyone should give their money to John Chow, or anyone else for that matter, without doing research for themselves. Information is power. Also keep in mind that if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

I am no longer entering this thread, me and TTZ have both walked away.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #386
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
good luck trying to sue them for defamation when you're in a picture holding play money saying you won real money

good luck trying to sue for defamation when meme45 is relating information from cbc that you lied about a cbc documentary (rather than something supposedly aired on cbc)

why isnt this thread in fight club? or closed?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #387
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Wow, just when I thought everyone was done with making themselves look bad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
good luck trying to sue them for defamation when you're in a picture holding play money saying you won real money
The issue isn't that the money is real or not, it's that the person said he was claiming it was real when it wasn't (that claim was never made) and that he was claiming to have won the money when he didn't (he did win the money). On top of all that, he made this huge defamatory picture meant to be taken out of context.

Basically Manic was willing to submit himself to a loss in court in order to win an internet argument that he was never going to win.
Quote:
good luck trying to sue for defamation when meme45 is relating information from cbc that you lied about a cbc documentary (rather than something supposedly aired on cbc)
First of all, nobody claimed there could be a suit against meme 45.

Secondly it didn't "supposedly" air on CBC, it did air on CBC. People in this very thread were there when it was filmed, and saw themselves on CBC. He emailed some random person at CBC that for some reason didn't know it aired. In return, john posted a link to the video on CBC's website.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #388
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
I guess I could add meme405 to the list as well for that statement about me faking the CBC documentary. That would be an easy case to win.

My only post in this thread will simply be that if this were any other thread I feel like it would have been locked and closed and moved off to adminland a long time ago. It appears that the main bitchfit is over and I don't see anything other than further discord to be gained by keeping this thread open.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #389
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Yeah, I mean...I think I would know about the CBC documentary.

Being in it and all.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #390
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
I was going to stop posting but I can't. And we all know why this thread is still open. Should have been closed by te second page like all other threads of this nature. I still remember an RS member getting in shit because he bought a pair of rims of an RS member then tried to flip them again on RS.

cash
1 [kash] Show IPA
noun
money in the form of coins or banknotes, especially that issued by a government.
money or an equivalent, as a check, paid at the time of making a purchase.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #391
My homepage has been set to RS

The mods should have issued temp bans or points in the beginning when this was all getting out of hand.

Not sure why it isn't.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #392
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
This thread is just sad.
Posted via RS Mobile
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #393
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
oh i totally agree with that ^^^^ (by this thread being left open)

Quote:
The issue isn't that the money is real or not, it's that the person said he was claiming it was real when it wasn't (that claim was never made) and that he was claiming to have won the money when he didn't (he did win the money). On top of all that, he made this huge defamatory picture meant to be taken out of context.
he has a picture with fake money, he said or didnt say that he won that money (manic has a link to a page which says he did but ttz then claims its not his webpage) my point stands good luck trying to sue over such circumstances

Quote:
Brianrietta answered that for me

Quote:
Secondly it didn't "supposedly" air on CBC, it did air on CBC.
would be hard pressed to have me use a word other than supposed (assumed as true) since i didn't know otherwise.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #394
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
The mods should have issued temp bans or points in the beginning when this was all getting out of hand.

Not sure why it isn't.
Why?

No rules have been broken....people may not agree with opinions stated by either side, but issuing bans and points for having those opinions would be fucking pathetic.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #395

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
^^^ this ^^^

Think go it as one big debate although the personal attacks weren't necessary.

And...maybe just maybe some poor jackass does an extensive search on the MTTB and finds this thread and decides against joining! We would have saved some poor soul a whole lot of misery.

Anyways...the original post by me presented some questions and they have been answered. Thanks to all.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #396
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Brianrietta answered that for me
Brianrietta confused TTZ's joke about meme45 with my post about Manic

As for this thread, we can keep it open but we'll ban the trolls from posting in it. Let's start with the guy who said, presumably not in a sarcastic way, "I was going to stop posting but I can't."

Well now you can
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #397
I subscribe to Revscene

Have cliff notes of this thread been posted already?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #398
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Well, that escalated quickly....
RDot604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #399
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Have cliff notes of this thread been posted already?
Something about Zionist making dough.

"We all know that cash rules everything around us: cash, green, get the money, dollar dollar bill ya'll."
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #400
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Brianrietta confused TTZ's joke about meme45 with my post about Manic

As for this thread, we can keep it open but we'll ban the trolls from posting in it. Let's start with the guy who said, presumably not in a sarcastic way, "I was going to stop posting but I can't."

Well now you can
Spoiler!

No, there was no confusion. Your post was obviously half about Manic! and half about meme405. You said that nobody had claimed there could be a suit and I posted where (regardless of the potentially humorous intent) TTZ said that he could and it would be an easy case to win. Now it's possible that the lighthearted hilarious world of defamation lawsuits simply eludes me but I tend to think it more likely that in the hundreds of posts in this thread you just missed that post and upon seeing my Bad Poker Face you pulled a classic SkinnyPupp. While you literally could not be more wrong, you still decided that you needed to fail my post and insist that I must have been confused. I anxiously await part two of the classic SP where you'll add that all of this was meant in jest and I shouldn't have taken it seriously.

All that said, I respect the hell out of you for all the pot stirring you've done here to keep this thread going and drive traffic to John's site and RS (I assume that this clusterfuck of a thread has caused a measurable increase in unique visitors?) You're doing a heck of a job, I mean, I said I was only going to post in this thread once.

Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: