REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #301
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
but you are a fellow member

didn't say you were
Not you, the other guy.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #302
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Notice the AFFY award looks like a buttplug

John Chow could have 100 million dollars and still not be as cool as Oprah
No one is as cool as Oprah.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #303
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Skinnypupp, Ronin do you ever use this tactic on your sites?
Like what...to restaurants? Not much affiliate linking in the food world.

Loads of blogs do that though. Pretty much every camera review site has B&H, Amazon, Adorama, etc links that make them money. What's the problem?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #304
TTZ
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
But it's not a free car. You got to be pretty stupid to believe the car is free.
Please explain how my SL, that MTTB pays for, is not a free car for me because I'm pretty stupid.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #305
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkStar View Post
What a hypocrite, whatever you typed is totally contradicting what you're saying. You called me an "ugly phuc" and I tell you no in doubt I'm more aesthetic than you, you defend yourself by saying "the only way you can out aesthetic me is thru plastic surgery". Seems like you're the one trying to compete with me.

Nobody said appearance has to do anything with net worth. But pretty sure in our society being good looking wouldn't be unfavorable. As cruel as it sounds people do get preferential treatment.

Also please don't even talk about display pictures with me. Look at yours, it looks like a 13 year old girl from the jailbait section of hypebeast. You're into pedophilia...

Everything you spew out is dumbass comments. Why do you need a hats to talk to people. The only hat you need is one that says "Doofus". You should super glue it on your head so everyone doesn't have to communicate with you.
your moms so fat

that you suck your dads dick everyday you ugly phuc

and oh pls i can out aesthetic you any day of the week son

why dont you crawl back up your moms vag alrdy??

how does it feel? whatever you felt after reading the above is pretty much how i felt when you first posted in this thread
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #306
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #307

Quote:
What a hypocrite, whatever you typed is totally contradicting what you're saying. You called me an "ugly phuc" and I tell you no in doubt I'm more aesthetic than you, you defend yourself by saying "the only way you can out aesthetic me is thru plastic surgery". Seems like you're the one trying to compete with me.

Nobody said appearance has to do anything with net worth. But pretty sure in our society being good looking wouldn't be unfavorable. As cruel as it sounds people do get preferential treatment.

Also please don't even talk about display pictures with me. Look at yours, it looks like a 13 year old girl from the jailbait section of hypebeast. You're into pedophilia...

Everything you spew out is dumbass comments. Why do you need a hats to talk to people. The only hat you need is one that says "Doofus". You should super glue it on your head so everyone doesn't have to communicate with you.
sorry milkstar i can't help it. i have to put on my SRS hat.

i was taking my time reading this thread. was really curious as to how john chow was gonna defend himself in this heated discussion till i read your post...

Quote:
You should get some plastic surgery. Might increase, female participants in your mastermind sessions. Posted via RS Mobile
right then right there, i couldnt take it, i had to call you out for typing out of your ass

please excuse my earlier comments, i was only stooping to your level, but i cant believe how you took my post so srsly and replied to every sentence of it LOOOOL. you replied me seriously so i put back on my srs hat. please dont post out of your ass again and i won't do the same

you fuck
Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #308
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
your moms so fat

that you suck your dads dick everyday you ugly phuc

and oh pls i can out aesthetic you any day of the week son

why dont you crawl back up your moms vag alrdy??

how does it feel? whatever you felt after reading the above is pretty much how i felt when you first posted in this thread
*is
*dad's
*fuck
*please
*don't
*mom's
*already

You are also missing a few commas and periods.

Also, I you are not using the word "aesthetic" properly. I would suggest googling "adjective".

Oh, and...please just stop all together. You are hurting my brain.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
*is
*dad's
*fuck
*please
*don't
*mom's
*already

You are also missing a few commas and periods.

Also, I you are not using the word "aesthetic" properly. I would suggest googling "adjective".

***NVM****

even thats too mean to post

hehe sorry, i'll behave myself
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #310
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
And there is now not even a little bit of you that i can respect, or tolerate.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #311
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

Quote:
Oh the irony.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #312
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
... anyway ...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #313
TTZ
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
^because....any publicity....is good publicity . But srs. This thread is beneficial to you in more ways than one.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ya, I'm fully aware how beneficial this thread is, especially now that it's been indexed by Google. This thread will also be used as part of my presentation for the upcoming Home Business Summit.

It amazing how helpful haters can be. They've made me money, allowed me to get my message out, provided content for a Driving with John Chow episode, done exactly as I predicted, and gave me a great case study to use in a presentation.

One of my readers even asked me if I paid Acura604 to start this thread! LOL Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #314
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
I don't really get how this thread is allowed to exist when any other thread on Revscene that even hints at advertising for a business that isn't a sponsor gets shut down.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #315

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
^Take a guess
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #316
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
actually surprised this hasn't been moved to fight club yet.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't really get how this thread is allowed to exist when any other thread on Revscene that even hints at advertising for a business that isn't a sponsor gets shut down.
That's a policy that has needed to change for a very long time, and this thread makes a great case for allowing that change. We'll see
Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #318

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
There is a distinct difference between defending a person and his values and defending a concept. Here the concept that needs to be defended is that a person who has not provoked any sort of attention on RevScene was "called out." His name was brought into the forum and his business was questioned.

What is a person to do then? Stay quiet and move on? Sure. But he's apart of this RevScene community and in fact, he's been around longer than most of us (although not as active.)

So the principle is why should we censor someone just because we don't like the way they're doing things? Why should we prevent someone from defending themselves and being criticized just because when doing so, he may be creating some publicity for himself. This thread should've been closed after the very first post if people are all up in arms about its existence now.

I would completely be on the other end of this if Chow had created his own thread saying "hey guys come check out what I do." But, he didn't and anything he's said in this thread has simply been a response or a rebuttal.

Let him be, you do you let him do him. Nothing he says or does will affect your life in way, shape or form.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #319
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That's a policy that has needed to change for a very long time, and this thread makes a great case for allowing that change. We'll see
So I can post up my businesses?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #320

Quote:
If this goes through, then if someone was to ask where they could buy gas in Nanaimo, sure you would be able to make a post like that.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If this goes through, then if someone was to ask where they could buy gas in Nanaimo, sure you would be able to make a post like that.
LOL that rule is one of the silliest rules I've seen on this forum. A forum that used to be a legitimate place to receive reviews and insights, recommendations and tips has become a site where only businesses that pay money can be spoken about.

Advertising and referring are two, completely separate things.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #322
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
I'm pretty sure blogs and websites are already allowed to be posted and advertised for free on RS as long as they are in a post and not starting a new thread to check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #323
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
LOL that rule is one of the silliest rules I've seen on this forum. A forum that used to be a legitimate place to receive reviews and insights, recommendations and tips has become a site where only businesses that pay money can be spoken about.

Advertising and referring are two, completely separate things.
who would wanna to be a sponsor then
just be glad RS doesn't have ads smack dab center in the middle of a thread discussion.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #324
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
Please explain how my SL, that MTTB pays for, is not a free car for me because I'm pretty stupid.
Because you trade points for your car. Also the company pays for the car and where do you think that money comes from? It comes from the your sales make. Instead of giving you are car they could have just given you more cash. But a free car sounds better to gullible people.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
who would wanna to be a sponsor then
just be glad RS doesn't have ads smack dab center in the middle of a thread discussion.
You understand what you're suggesting is that if someone is a sponsor, any other competitor in that same nature who is not a sponsor cannot be discussed, applauded or reviewed in any way?

The job of the website is to provide advertisement space. Not to eliminate conversation of the competition. It's not the yellow pages, it's an automotive forum that has a primary purpose of providing local knowledge and insights on the car scene. How can you do that if you're only restricted about talking about people who pay for sponsorship.

The YellowPages would have an obligation to ensure fair practice and opportunity for advertisement space. This is a discussion lead medium that can and should only guarantee the displaying of a sponsor's advertisement. What's next, can't post a deal that I find at Future Shop because SoundsGood Audio sells the same product? Can't recommend Meguilers Wax because Autowerks doesn't sell it?