REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #26
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

How come when you look at vehicles on your lot, most vehicles have over spray and very poor spot in jobs?
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #27
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Scam dealership

Do not buy from them, they will screw you out of money in any way they can! I purchased a vehicle from them very recently. Turns out the engine is completely screwed and is about 4 grand in repairs! And they refuse to even talk to me about it! They gave me a warranty, which they lied about and barely covers any of that. The salesman i bought it off ran out of country because he made a bunch of sketchy deals! No possible way this car could have passed safety inspection coming into canada, which leads me to believe this a scam dealership. Currently having MVSABC, and CTV's "Bill on your side" look into it. Tell your friends to stay away!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #28
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I like these guys prices. It raises the value of my jdm car.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #29
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalbrute99 View Post
Do not buy from them, they will screw you out of money in any way they can! I purchased a vehicle from them very recently. Turns out the engine is completely screwed and is about 4 grand in repairs! And they refuse to even talk to me about it! They gave me a warranty, which they lied about and barely covers any of that. The salesman i bought it off ran out of country because he made a bunch of sketchy deals! No possible way this car could have passed safety inspection coming into canada, which leads me to believe this a scam dealership. Currently having MVSABC, and CTV's "Bill on your side" look into it. Tell your friends to stay away!
Take them to Civil Court, get a lawyer to serve them a letter.
If they offer a warranty, and don't stand by it, that's a easy case to win.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #31
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Warranties are very subjective

And they'll blame a non covered part for causing the problems

Not this dealer specifically but most non factory warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #32
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityCars View Post
I can't say who this poster is or who the salesman was or if this even happened. I don't mind using this forum to answer questions and if anyone wants to come in to buy a vehicle, I have all of the paperwork here.

Feel free to call me any time and if I'm not available, I'll return your call ASAP. Seriously, it's that easy. We want to build on our reputation as the #1 JDM dealer in Canada and I'll make sure that we do what it takes.

I've just spoken to my marketing manager and he's going to post all auction sheets and include the auction grade on the page for each vehicle. Look for this by the end of the month. We'll also include the JEVIC odometer certificate but we won't be able to post that until the vehicle actually arrives.
The correct response to toyota86 and other members claiming your staff not showing sheets is "I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced, please allow me to investigate what happened. If you have time, please come by and I'll personally assist you."

Your responses so far have been unsatisfactory. Your first post at 10am today danced around the issue regarding shady business practice mentioned by members and you never gave a direct answer. Instead you typed a super long post explaining what your business do. Shady? I think so.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #33
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

A close friend of mine was looking for a G wagon and came to check out the stock they had.. however she wasnt impressed by the way she was treated. it seemed like the whoever she was talking to had no interest in selling her the car she was looking at.
In the end she bought something else from somewhere else. I have no experience myself with Velocity Cars however with the feedback i have been hearing i would stay away.

So far they are off to a pretty bad start to get the title of #1 JDM dealer in Canada.
They should work on being not the worst.. thats a more realistic goal i think
Old 06-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #34
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
The correct response to toyota86 and other members claiming your staff not showing sheets is "I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced, please allow me to investigate what happened. If you have time, please come by and I'll personally assist you."

Your responses so far have been unsatisfactory. Your first post at 10am today danced around the issue regarding shady business practice mentioned by members and you never gave a direct answer. Instead you typed a super long post explaining what your business do. Shady? I think so.
Hi rageguy -

You're right. I have investigated what happened and I not only invite anyone to come in where I will personally assist you, I am going to be including the auction sheets and JEVIC certificates on our website.

If someone has an issue with Velocity Cars first hand, I am including my name and our phone number and I'll will take calls personally. I can't speak to second hand accounts from anonymous posters but I will address any issues that past customers have had.

I know that coming on this forum will open the door to all sorts of comments, both positive and negative. I didn't mean to highjack this thread but I thought it was a good place to introduce myself. I will respond directly to anyone who has questions about Velocity Cars and I welcome you to come to the dealership and see our vehicles for yourself.

Bruce Kidd
General Manager
Vancouver Velocity Cars
4349 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
w: 604-428-4636
Old 06-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #35
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
How come when you look at vehicles on your lot, most vehicles have over spray and very poor spot in jobs?
Hi VR6GTI -

I can confidently say that most of our vehicles do not have overspray. I can also say that all of our vehicles are over 15 years old and you will find some scratches and minor dings on some of them. We do our best to take care of cosmetic issues big and small, and inside and out, most of our vehicles look great.

If you find a cosmetic issue with a vehicle, part of the negotiation process is to identify the things that you'd like to have done so that the vehicle is in the condition that you would like it to be before you buy it.

We have a number of people who do great work on leather and fabric, paint and panel and pretty much everything else.

If a car is R grade (2 of our cars on the lot are R grade) there may indeed be overspray.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i have a few friends who are interested in picking up a mint jdm and came to this place to find one... all of them told me the same thing which is - they pretty much have a big inventory of cars but none of them appeared to be in good condition

then a few weeks ago i read on fb about a guy who test drove one of their cars and the engine blew up during the test drive
Old 06-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalbrute99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityCars View Post
Hi rageguy -

I can't speak to second hand accounts from anonymous posters but I will address any issues that past customers have had.
so howcome this past customer was not given any help at all and was pretty much told to go away?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #38
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
1996 Honda Integra DC2 LOW KMS **90 DAY WARRANTY FREE OF CHARGE**

I've keep seeing this thing on craigslist....

Firstly, it's at least $4k overpriced. You can get 98 specs for a lot cheaper.
How are jdm ITR parts 'more precise' that USDM ITR parts? (note: they are both actually made in japan)
What's a honda short shifters?
Vincent's phone number has too many digits.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #39
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quoted in case they delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist
This just came in, 1996 Acura/ Honda Integra in great condition and LOW KMS.
You all know how original JDM's perform as far as driving experience.
USDM specs aren't as precise as JDM's are. They drive better and straight all
japanese parts last longer. This car is in great condition and definitely a one of a kind.
This comes stock with Recaro Seats, Honda Short Shifters, stock integra rims
and amazing driving experience.

If this sounds like the car you're looking for, call Vincent at 60434923000 and schedule a
viewing of this amazing looking vehicle.

DL#40027

keywords: honda, acura, DC2, integra, type r, rare, jdm, rhd, white, great condition,
5 speed, japanese, drift car, drifting, burnaby, velocity cars, vancity, warranty
90 days warranty, free warranty, vincent

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 06-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #40
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
To be honest, from a pricing point of view, some of the cars arent priced too bad for retail. I am quite the frugal shopper, yet It was priced well enough to attract me to actually drive down there to take a look.

Importing a jdm unit would require getting the car to pass provincial inspection, legalized and some reconditioning as well. Then there is an obvious fixed bit of profit margin to pay for the land, over head costs and of course, the sales guy's bit of commission.

The pricing is fair because at the end of the day, they have to make something keep the business going.

The sales guy had the right attitude and was quite helpful. At the end of the day, I spoke to Bruce as well when we didnt make a deal for the auction grade R car. We still shook hands and parted way in a very normal business manner.

But it was the lack of proper disclosure upfront that really turned me off. If the car was presented to me as an auction grade R car from the get go, then it wouldve been less rocky of an experience.

This is not a thread to bash and step on their business, but more like a review / experiences / opinion board.

We all make mistakes and as long as there is an effort to not repeat the same things, I am sure Velocity would build a better reputation along with larger customer base and increase the amount of business. As long as they take their customer feedback and concerns seriously, im sure that reputation and trust will be regained/ rebuilt.

There are lots of people on this board that have went to take a look as the vehicles they sell target the demographics of the users here. it is RevScene after all.

The best deal is a deal where the place makes money and a customer walks away feeling he got himself a great deal.

just my two cents.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
Old 06-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #41

^ Well said. I can't comment on any of their other pricing as I don't follow any cars other than the ITRs.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #42
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by you! View Post
so howcome this past customer was not given any help at all and was pretty much told to go away?
Hi you!

This is the great thing about forums. It permits both sides to have a say.

I spoke with this customer about an hour ago. Here are the facts.

He purchased his car from us 4 months ago. Prior to the sale, he had an independent inspection done by a dealership where he used to work. The inspection indicated that 2 parts should be replaced, a tensioner and a serpentine belt. We ordered these parts on his behalf and offered to install them ourselves. He declined this offer and had the parts installed somewhere else.

The warranty he purchased is very clear in the terms regarding the limit of coverage and the deductible. In his post he says that we lied about these 2 facts. When I pointed out to him that I have a copy of the warranty including these details and his signature, he apologized and said that he is just frustrated and upset.

I know the dealership where he had the inspection done as I also used to work there. They are 100% independent of us, as is the facility that does our Out Of Province government inspections. At the time of sale, these were the only issues.

This vehicle now has been taken to another independent shop where the customer has been quoted a price on repairs. Today I asked him why he didn't take it back to the shop where he had the inspection done. I suggested they might provide a different diagnosis and likely a lower price.

The warranty company that we use provides great coverage to over 4,000 dealers and has 2,500 participating shops nationwide. They are also 100% independent of Velocity Cars. One of the benefits of purchasing a car from a VSA certified dealer is that we can offer a warranty on our vehicles, anywhere from a 90-day powertrain (which we provide for free on every vehicle we sell) all the way to 48 month comprehensive coverage.

To suggest that Velocity Cars has given the customer no help and told him to go away is false. To suggest that my salesman lied about the car or warranty coverage is false. The customer apologized to me this morning and I told him there is no need to apologize but I asked that he keep the slander to a minimum.

I welcome discussion about our vehicles and our record of dealing with issues. I think it's important that all facts are presented truthfully as otherwise the details can be misinterpreted.

Bruce Kidd
General Manager
Vancouver Velocity Cars
4349 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
Old 06-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #43
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
To be honest, from a pricing point of view, some of the cars arent priced too bad for retail. I am quite the frugal shopper, yet It was priced well enough to attract me to actually drive down there to take a look.

Importing a jdm unit would require getting the car to pass provincial inspection, legalized and some reconditioning as well. Then there is an obvious fixed bit of profit margin to pay for the land, over head costs and of course, the sales guy's bit of commission.

The pricing is fair because at the end of the day, they have to make something keep the business going.

The sales guy had the right attitude and was quite helpful. At the end of the day, I spoke to Bruce as well when we didnt make a deal for the auction grade R car. We still shook hands and parted way in a very normal business manner.

But it was the lack of proper disclosure upfront that really turned me off. If the car was presented to me as an auction grade R car from the get go, then it wouldve been less rocky of an experience.

This is not a thread to bash and step on their business, but more like a review / experiences / opinion board.

We all make mistakes and as long as there is an effort to not repeat the same things, I am sure Velocity would build a better reputation along with larger customer base and increase the amount of business. As long as they take their customer feedback and concerns seriously, im sure that reputation and trust will be regained/ rebuilt.

There are lots of people on this board that have went to take a look as the vehicles they sell target the demographics of the users here. it is RevScene after all.

The best deal is a deal where the place makes money and a customer walks away feeling he got himself a great deal.

just my two cents.
Hi tofu1413 -

I appreciate the input and I am glad your experience was a good one.

In reading this I will address 2 points as we move forward. Our website needs cleaning up to ensure that every piece of information is correct. This is a big task but I feel that including the auction sheets on every vehicle will be a big step in helping prospective buyers feel more comfortable about our vehicles.

We do our best to disclose all pertinent facts on our website and in person and if anyone has a question about a vehicle history or condition, I'm happy to sit down and take the time to present all of the facts.

Bruce Kidd
General Manager
Vancouver Velocity Cars
4349 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
Old 06-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #44
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

the pics of the R34 and S15 show them with stock lights.. which everyone knows arent "Legal" according to transport canada, as a dealer what type of responsibility do you take selling cars that dont have all the "Legal" DOT requirements for the BC inspection.

Your "Third Party" inspection shop seems to be sliding things through..
as all the cars in your videos seem to fail according to this:
CVSE Lighting standards
Old 06-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #45
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

^^This,

I was going to say, the cars have all allegedly passed a provincial inspection but don't appear to comply with standards.... I.E no reflectors

CVSE will have lots of fun with this place and the inspectors who are passing these cars....
Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_FTW View Post
the pics of the R34 and S15 show them with stock lights.. which everyone knows arent "Legal" according to transport canada, as a dealer what type of responsibility do you take selling cars that dont have all the "Legal" DOT requirements for the BC inspection.

CVSE Lighting standards
Which S15 and R34? to give them the benefit of the doubt, a lot of their pictures are just the auction photos of when the cars are still in japan
Old 06-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #47
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_FTW View Post

CVSE Lighting standards
Hello CA_FTW -

Thanks for bringing up this important issue.

As I've mentioned, we use independent, government approved inspection facilities for our Out Of Province Inspections. Lights are are an integral part of the safety of a vehicle and these are subject to heavy scrutiny during these inspections.

The link you included is a great source and if you'll read page 10 you'll clearly see the specific requirements for lights. Not only does this information describe which stamps and marks are acceptable in addition to DOT (SAE, ECE, JIS/JESIC), it goes on to show images of certain acceptable marks.

The independent inspection facilities we use have their own license to consider when inspecting vehicles and I can assure you that they have no interest in passing our vehicles at the risk of their own license or reputation.

Prior to sending our vehicles out for inspection, we install DRL to comply with code. This is a process that typically takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours and is another benefit of buying from a dealer.

I understand that a lot of rumours go around about how we (or any dealer) do things and I appreciate the opportunity to clear the air and get the facts straight. Vancouver Velocity Cars is committed to ensuring that all of our vehicles comply with all required regulations and standards and lights are just a part of the whole process. We don't do things "legally", we do things legally.

Bruce
Old 06-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #48

Seriously Bruce, you just dodged completely around the issue that your headlights appear to be non DOT approved. Care to explain?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 06-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Holy shit you guys are just GRILLING this dude!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #50

^ Don't you have a groundbreaking new book to write?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Closed Thread