REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Vancouver Velocity Cars?

asking for a friend:

Vancouver Velocity Cars | Used Cars Dealer in Vancouver

he's looking to buy an evolution V from this lot, but it's still on the boat and he's not feeling comfortable about leaving a deposit to hold the car.

anyone here know how reputable this place is? from what little info i've been able to gather they have only been at this location for a few months?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
I was inquiring about that silver V they are bringing in as well. Looking at the place they look a bit iffy so I stopped there. But I'm sure at the end of the day your friend will get the car if he buys it. It's an auction grade three I think with a level C interior.

Never heard anything about them before so if I were to import I would personally look for a landed one or a more reputable importing service.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
I was inquiring about that silver V they are bringing in as well. Looking at the place they look a bit iffy so I stopped there. But I'm sure at the end of the day your friend will get the car if he buys it. It's an auction grade three I think with a level C interior.

Never heard anything about them before so if I were to import I would personally look for a landed one or a more reputable importing service.
Posted via RS Mobile
this is supposedly their sister company according to their website:

New Zealand Cars Limited - buy cars, buy used cars, sell cars, cars for sale, autotrader, auckland
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I looked at the 840ci and thought it was pretty cool, I realized I had actually bid on that car at auction and lost by $100, quite a high markup for it.

I do notice one thing though, they advertise all their cars with CarProof? Which doesn't work on a grey-market car, it would only show claims in North America so if the car is a fresh arrival it would show as no accidents. I'd ask if the car your looking at has any claims on it, if they say no accidents at all I'd be a little suspicious.

Last edited by rriggi; 11-04-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
I looked at the 840ci and thought it was pretty cool, I realized I had actually bid on that car at auction and lost by $100, quite a high markup for it.

I do notice one thing though, they advertise all their cars with CarProof? Which doesn't work on a grey-market car, it would only show claims in North America so if the car is a fresh arrival it would show as no accidents. I'd ask if the car your looking at has any claims on it, if they say no accidents at all I'd be a little suspicious.
i was under the impression that the carproof statement was just a catchall in their advertising because not all of their inventory is from japan.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
carproof doesnt cover / show and history on anything outside of canada and usa....

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i was under the impression that the carproof statement was just a catchall in their advertising because not all of their inventory is from japan.
Most of the inventory appears to be Japanese (judging from all the USS auction photos) And they have also shown every car on their website with CarProof and haven't really made an effort to remove it from any of the Japanese listings. Now that may be a template for the website and the Evo V might be an excellent car but if they say that there is a CarProof available for it I'd walk away.

They would be clearly aware that it shows zero accident history, and the only thing that will show is the first registration to the dealer, which they would use to fool you then. And another thing worth mentioning is that they post 3 pictures from the auction but no auction inspection sheet?

Anyways, I have experience in buying cars from Japan and there's alot of assholes out there willing to sell you a R or RA grade car and pass it off as no accidents. And I've been trying for a while now to get a form of Japanese CarProof, but once a car is issued an export certificate it becomes nearly impossible to find anything on that car, it is literally deleted from their database. When you go to see it, check every panel, check under the hood, if anything seems off, question it. I might be a bit paranoid, but oh well...

They seem like recent cars though, the White 97 SL with the SL65 wheels just went through auction literally a week ago?

Last edited by rriggi; 11-04-2013 at 09:44 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I've been to this place twice and found them extremely shady. They acknowledge outright that there cars are from auctions but they refuse to provide auction sheets. Every salesman gives a different excuse. Some of the cars are repainted/repaired locally at very poor quality. Ask different sales man about the same car and they give wildly different stories of the car's origin. They think buyers are clueless. I search the same auction sites they search. They say everything they bring in is a 3B or higher. Which is not true. They actually have a binder of info and pictures of every car in their showroom for the customers to view. The binder is full of direct translate of auction sheets. Many of the cars are listed as R or RA. Not only are they shady, they are incompetent.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #9
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
I've been to this place twice and found them extremely shady. They acknowledge outright that there cars are from auctions but they refuse to provide auction sheets. Every salesman gives a different excuse. Some of the cars are repainted/repaired locally at very poor quality. Ask different sales man about the same car and they give wildly different stories of the car's origin. They think buyers are clueless. I search the same auction sites they search. They say everything they bring in is a 3B or higher. Which is not true. They actually have a binder of info and pictures of every car in their showroom for the customers to view. The binder is full of direct translate of auction sheets. Many of the cars are listed as R or RA. Not only are they shady, they are incompetent.
sorry i am a bit confused. you say they won't provide the auction sheets and give different stories, but there is a a binder of all this information for the customers to see in the showroom? if that is the case then why lie?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #10

I was there with toyota86 to look at a type RA coupe...

sales guys told me it was a grade 3. then refused to show me auction sheet.

we found over spray on the car... poorly prepped. the front doors werent even aligned properly.

the nail on the coffin was going through their binder that I found on their coffee table.. and stated that the car was auction grade R.

Being a salesman myself, failure to disclose outright is an offence. (they didnt know im a sales guy as well...)

Not a good place to go to, unless you really know your stuff and would look into every last fine detail.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #11
N8
I STILL don't get it

^ lol what fuckups...leaving it on the table
Old 06-14-2014, 02:57 AM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
They have some Craigslist postings of cars that aren't available for bid yet. Yet there's a unreal price that is listed. The car isn't even sold
Old 06-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #13
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,257 Times in 1,966 Posts
They have a YT channel

This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
The guy in the Corvette vid reminds me of frankie the weatherman, but not nearly as awesome.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

When searching for these cars. On the inspection/auction sheets, you may notice a * $ or some other symbol next to the kilometers. This means it's unknown or tampered with. Don't get one with a symbol.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #16
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Does an R rating mean it's rebuilt?

noransx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak
[24-01, 14:19] mk1freak lots of bdays this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9
[22-05, 23:37] norans also got a pretty douchey white hipster haircut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_BOY
[27-10, 22:25] can't spell ice without ie
2014 Chevrolet Volt - Poo brown ft panel gaps - currently at 588mpg
2006 Honda CBR600RR "LaF'Honda" pronounced la-fawn-duh
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #17

rebuilt or modified

This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #18
RS.net Vendor

Hello to those who have made their way through this thread and to all REVscene members.

My name is Bruce and I'm the General Manager of Velocity Cars.

I'm not going to single out any one post here go into great detail regarding specific comments but I thought it might be a good idea to make a quick introduction of myself and our dealership.

Vancouver Velocity Cars is the largest JDM importer and dealer in the Lower Mainland and as far as I know, we are probably the largest in Canada. We import our vehicles directly from Japan and yes, these are all auction vehicles.

We are happy to go over all details of any vehicle with a buyer and answer all questions regarding the vehicle including the history, the current condition and the auction grade. Of course, as a dealer we are in the business of selling our vehicles and making money, no different from any auto dealer (or any other business) that you might visit.

Unlike what you might find in town from private importers or curbers, our vehicles all go through a very comprehensive reconditioning on site and of course, they are all taken to an independent inspection facility for the government mandated Out Of Province Inspection. You are also welcome to have a vehicle inspected by your own mechanic prior to sale if you choose as many of our customers do.

Vancouver Velocity Cars was the main sponsor of the REVscene Spring Meet and it was great to see so many JDM enthusiasts, see all the amazing cars and meet many of you in person. We look forward to continuing our sponsorship of REVscene activities in the future.

We are a fairly new company having only been at our Dawson street location since December last year. We have about 70 vehicles currently on the lot at any time and we usually have another 30-40 in transit, floating somewhere between Japan and Vancouver. All of these vehicles are listed on our website (I won't provide a link as I'm new here and not sure of the forum rules but we're easy to find online). Yes, they are all for sale and yes, I invite you to come in, see them, drive them and most importantly, ask any questions about them before you buy. We provide a 90-day Powertrain warranty on every vehicle we sell at no charge and if you like you can get up to 3 years of comprehensive coverage. A warranty, financing and complete transparency are just a few reasons why people like to buy from us.

Are our prices a little higher than what you might find on craigslist or buying from your buddy? Possibly. Is our selection the best you'll find in Canada? Absolutely!

For the record, I work here because we have a large inventory of low mileage, very clean, accident-free, hard to find vehicles and as the GM, I make it my goal to provide exceptional customer service to everyone who comes on to our lot, before, during and after a sale. I want to thank REVscene and all of our customers who are a part of this forum for helping us grow as we continue to provide another option for buyers looking for JDM cars.

Forums are a great place to share information and I'm glad to be a part of the conversation. I am willing to answer any of your questions to the best of my ability if you're curious about Vancouver Velocity Cars.

Bruce Kidd
General Manager
Vancouver Velocity Cars
4349 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
w: 604-428-4636
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #19
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I know these guys are one of the newest car importers in the area but I hope they will start actually showing their auction sheets. I think it kinda suspicious that one of the "largest car importers in the lower mainland" doesn't want to PROVE that they have "clean, low km, accedent free cars" here's a thread on another site I frequent.
Velocity Cars in BC? - Page 2 - JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions
Old 06-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #20
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo1115 View Post
I know these guys are one of the newest car importers in the area but I hope they will start actually showing their auction sheets. I think it kinda suspicious that one of the "largest car importers in the lower mainland" doesn't want to PROVE that they have "clean, low km, accedent free cars" here's a thread on another site I frequent.
Velocity Cars in BC? - Page 2 - JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions
Thanks for the input steveo1115.

We are always willing to show our auction sheets to buyers and we are always open regarding the condition and auction grade of our vehicles. We currently have 2 grade "r" vehicles in our inventory and the rest of the vehicles are accident free. Keep in mind that we are talking about major accidents/damage, similar to what you'd find on a CarProof report here in North America.

I am quite happy to prove that we have low km, accident-free cars because that's good business. I do want to mention however that there are a number of curbers in town who are curious to know about our importation process and they often come in and ask a lot of questions and want to see all of our paperwork and records. I don't simply open our books to casual inquiries but for someone who actually wants to buy one our vehicles, we make the buying process very simple, straightforward and we are diligent in doing whatever is necessary to answer all questions.

This is an open invitation for anyone to come in and say hi and I'll personally go through everything with you and answer any questions you might have.

We continue to grow because our customers are happy with our service and selection. Velocity Cars stands behind what we sell and we want people to know that we provide great JDM vehicles without the risk of buying privately and having no recourse if the car you buy should turn out to be less than advertised. We are a registered dealer with the VSA (D# 40027) and there are a lot of rules and regulations that we must follow.

Thanks for bringing up these points and I hope the conversation continues.

Bruce Kidd
General Manager
Vancouver Velocity Cars
4349 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityCars View Post
Thanks for the input steveo1115.

We are always willing to show our auction sheets to buyers and we are always open regarding the condition and auction grade of our vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post

sales guys told me it was a grade 3. then refused to show me auction sheet.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Who's he trying to kidd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #23
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
I can't say who this poster is or who the salesman was or if this even happened. I don't mind using this forum to answer questions and if anyone wants to come in to buy a vehicle, I have all of the paperwork here.

Feel free to call me any time and if I'm not available, I'll return your call ASAP. Seriously, it's that easy. We want to build on our reputation as the #1 JDM dealer in Canada and I'll make sure that we do what it takes.

I've just spoken to my marketing manager and he's going to post all auction sheets and include the auction grade on the page for each vehicle. Look for this by the end of the month. We'll also include the JEVIC odometer certificate but we won't be able to post that until the vehicle actually arrives.

Bruce Kidd
General Manager
Vancouver Velocity Cars
4349 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #24
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
are they a revscene sponsor? or they just sponsored one event (spring meet)?

I've seen many of their cars on craigs before. Some of them with decent prices too

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
Old 06-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #25
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,491 Times in 554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023