REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #201
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
it confuses me why anyone would buy a RHD vehicle anyways. What a pain to take left turns. But that's a whole new thread
Lol. Fuck left hand turns, what a pain it is to reverse through the timmy's drive through every morning.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #202
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Left hand turns aren't too bad, just have to be a bit more careful with them. Drive thrus are always an interesting experience if you don't have a passenger, I always have to take off my seatbelt and flop over the passenger seat to pay and grab the food LOL

Well.. I would say that Bruce did a good job with representing the company, but seems like Dan just came in and destroyed most of that hard work >__>

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #203
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Left hand turns are easy, just don't be stupid. It's the sweeping right turns at intersections with the big concrete islands that are a pain, I have to look out my passenger rear window for those and it makes it hard to judge what lane people are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
I have visually seen this car. The turbos are stock JDM twins, the injectors are the small OE injectors, still single fuel pump.
You still can't tell without taking things apart if the turbo or injectors have been internally upgraded, it's not common and I'm not saying it has been done to this car, but it is a possibility.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #204
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Left hand turns are easy, just don't be stupid. It's the sweeping right turns at intersections with the big concrete islands that are a pain, I have to look out my passenger rear window for those and it makes it hard to judge what lane people are in.

You still can't tell without taking things apart if the turbo or injectors have been internally upgraded, it's not common and I'm not saying it has been done to this car, but it is a possibility.
You can not mod the stock injectors, they are 440cc injectors in this car.
The stock JDM turbos have no internal upgrades unlike the UDSM ones.
Also, the intake supplying the air to the turbos alone will reduce the air flow and not allow enough air to support the claim.

APU Supras will be hard pressed to make 500hp. A BPU Supra on USDM Cams and Turbos will be around 380-420hp and thats with the better turbos and better cams, of which this car does not. I have personally looked at this car and confirmed this fact. It does not and can not make the claimed power with the equipped parts. It is not possible to have a Supra like this one, in this ones state of tune to make those numbers.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW

Last edited by BoostedBB6; 10-22-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #205

A week and no reply from Dan. To bad, would love to hear what lies he has to spew about the lies he's already been caught in.

VELOCITY CARS BIGGEST JDM DEALER #1 WERE AWESOME BUY OUR CARS NOW PRO DETAILED NEVER AN ACCIDENT AND ALL 500HP!!!

Old 10-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #206
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
rhd feels the same to me
left turns is pretty much the same except im doing it a lot safer than normal
driving through timmies, i just drive throw the normal way... they usually just drop the food into my passenger seat

only time when its a pain is at the track... mission and ridge is both counter clockwise, its pretty damn annoying... didnt realize how many lefts there were until i went into a rhd... then i realized tracks in japan and mostly clockwise for the same reason
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #207
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
You can not mod the stock injectors, they are 440cc injectors in this car.
The stock JDM turbos have no internal upgrades unlike the UDSM ones.
Also, the intake supplying the air to the turbos alone will reduce the air flow and not allow enough air to support the claim.

APU Supras will be hard pressed to make 500hp. A BPU Supra on USDM Cams and Turbos will be around 380-420hp and thats with the better turbos and better cams, of which this car does not. I have personally looked at this car and confirmed this fact. It does not and can not make the claimed power with the equipped parts. It is not possible to have a Supra like this one, in this ones state of tune to make those numbers.
That's right, and the biggest factor Is the catalytic converter.
I'll assume the Supra they have has one, as it won't pass aircare or inspection without it.
A stock VVTi should make around 305-310bhp.
The only significant performance mod is the intercooler and exhaust. So that car should be around 360bhp depending on boost.
They can make 360-400whp on jdm turbos, stock injectors and cams.. but that's only with the full downpipe on full boost.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
That's right, and the biggest factor Is the catalytic converter.
I'll assume the Supra they have has one, as it won't pass aircare or inspection without it.
A stock VVTi should make around 305-310bhp.
The only significant performance mod is the intercooler and exhaust. So that car should be around 360bhp depending on boost.
They can make 360-400whp on jdm turbos, stock injectors and cams.. but that's only with the full downpipe on full boost.

Its not even the fact that this car cant make the power they claim it was to make (500hp as indicated in the screen shot of the site before they changed it). Its the fact that Dan, the manager of the place lied about it. Not only did he lie, he went as far as to have his sight changed and said that "it never said that" when clearly it did.
This is the manager of this business, if this is the kind of experience we can expect I only wonder what else is a lie.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #209
Redlyne_mr2

Ive been keeping an eye on the 993 they have for sale. It's been for sale for a while and I'm apprehensive to fly out to Van to look at it but I am interested. What has me bothered now though is that the vehicle went up in price by $10K. Am I missing something?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #210
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlyne_mr2 View Post
Ive been keeping an eye on the 993 they have for sale. It's been for sale for a while and I'm apprehensive to fly out to Van to look at it but I am interested. What has me bothered now though is that the vehicle went up in price by $10K. Am I missing something?
Yeah your missing a few important bits. Go back to like all of BoostedBB6's posts from the past like 3 pages.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 10-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #211
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlyne_mr2 View Post
Just fly to the states and get a nicer 993 for that kind of money. I don't really get the point of buying a JDM vehicle if the same car was available in North America. - unless it's a lot cheaper
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #212

In all fairness, that one that is there may very well be in great shape but I would not trust a single thing said by the dealer. Have an independent shop look over it for EVERYTHING. Get a paint micrometer and start measuring paint thickness on each panel to find any re-painted panels.

Could be a good car but based on the BS these clowns keep spewing but the car could be good.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #213
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
In all fairness, that one that is there may very well be in great shape but I would not trust a single thing said by the dealer. Have an independent shop look over it for EVERYTHING.
In all fairness, this applies to any used car dealer, and probably dealerships as well.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
In all fairness, this applies to any used car dealer, and probably dealerships as well.
True, but in this case there claims have proven to be false, there management lies and has been caught lieing on this forum.

Normally, with a dealer that's "#1 in Canada" there is some clout behind that but in this case its not true.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #215
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

"Vincent" at it again

1999 Subaru Legacy B4 330hp Twin Turbo Wagon MINT!!!

Pretty much everything in that ad is wrong: transmission, cylinders, model, hp #
Old 10-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #216
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_d19 View Post
"Vincent" at it again

1999 Subaru Legacy B4 330hp Twin Turbo Wagon MINT!!!

Pretty much everything in that ad is wrong: transmission, cylinders, model, hp #
I think that car sold, the 993 appears to be off of their website too
Old 10-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #217
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Do a deal on the legacy....

Subject to dyno test @ 330hp

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
Old 10-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #218
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmozis View Post
Just fly to the states and get a nicer 993 for that kind of money. I don't really get the point of buying a JDM vehicle if the same car was available in North America. - unless it's a lot cheaper
Exactly, there are very few 993's worth importing from Japan. Carrera RS and Turbo S are two that jump to mind but not much else.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #219
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
just had to stop by here to say delete your old fucking craigslist ads or repost the same one, So annoying seeing so many ads of the same car when trying to search for a wrx for example or a evo.

I used to import cars from japan and advertise on craigslist but always made sure to delete old ad before reposting a new one. I understand u want ur ads to be at the top to get more attention but posting a new ad of the same car every day without deleting the old one is pretty fucking annoying
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #220
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Left hand turns aren't too bad, just have to be a bit more careful with them. Drive thrus are always an interesting experience if you don't have a passenger, I always have to take off my seatbelt and flop over the passenger seat to pay and grab the food LOL

Well.. I would say that Bruce did a good job with representing the company, but seems like Dan just came in and destroyed most of that hard work >__>
...Or you could just drive your car backwards through the drive-thru. That's what one of my friends did in his FD once =P
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 AM   #221
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
i'm picturing this but in reverse when the drive through person gives you a weird look when going in reverse

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #222
N8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
LOL this thread is epic.

In summary - Btw velocity motors has the largest and best jdm cars in the world. It doesn't matter what lies we tell you. We the best of all time. the greatest car dealership of all time ok? Yah fair enough we make shit up and lie but we are the best, so why are you asking me? We just got two Supras in 700 hp ok?

That's what I'm getting from this thread......

it confuses me why anyone would buy a RHD vehicle anyways. What a pain to take left turns. But that's a whole new thread
We buy RHD cars because you can get really cool cars for decent coin man! Left hand turns aren't bad like the others said. If you can't see, don't go, easy as that.

Some people honk so just give them the finger, because its your ass on the line.

Drive thrus are easy too. Most places nowadays have long ass cables for their debit machine so I just pull the hand brake and lean over.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #223
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I understand overhead etc.. but this is a little crazy:
1999 Subaru Legacy Sedan B4 RSK AWD Twin-Turbo
$11,890 asking..

Sold at auction:
[link removed as per request]
Old 10-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #224

This is exactly why importing yourself is so much better. Save thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_FTW View Post
I understand overhead etc.. but this is a little crazy:
1999 Subaru Legacy Sedan B4 RSK AWD Twin-Turbo
$11,890 asking..

Sold at auction:
[link removed as per request]
:-)

Old 10-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #225
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
aaaaaaand this is why its important to see the original auction sheets:

In Depth - 2001 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 2 - Accident Repair | Japanese History Check
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Closed Thread