REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #76
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
yup the black s15
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #77
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
If it's the one with rpf's did they tell you it's been repainted?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #78
RS.net Vendor

Hello all.

I don't check here too often but I'm glad to see the thread is getting some life.

As a dealership, we do our best to provide great service and great vehicles. Like any business, we have customers who are thrilled with us and some who have a less than perfect experience for one reason or another. I make it a point of getting involved personally with any issues that arise with our vehicles after purchase as being a used car dealership, there will be issues from time to time.

In answer to a question from someone who posted earlier, yes, we absolutely encourage anyone who wants an inspection done to have a vehicle taken to their own mechanic/friend/expert. I can show you worksheets that have this specific condition written as a "subject to" before the deal is completed.

Regarding our warranty company, we use Lubrico as they are one of the few companies that will put a warranty on vehicles of this age. They have a great track record and over 30 years of experience. I believe there are over 2,600 shops across the country that are Lubrico approved facilities. Velocity Cars will provide a 90-day powertrain warranty on every vehicle purchase at no charge but our customers may get from 3 months up to 3-4 years of comprehensive coverage if they wish.

Having worked at some of the largest dealerships in the lower mainland, I know that selling a used vehicle is often much more of a challenge than selling new. As our vehicles are all 15 years old or older, I know that there may be undiscovered deficiencies that may appear 1 week, 2 months or 3 years down the road, or possibly never. It is up to the customer to take his or her time to select a vehicle and then to make sure that if they have any concerns, these are addressed prior to the completion of the sale. At times I have spent well over $1,000 to take care of specific issues but these are all agreed to on paper prior to the sale.

I had a customer yesterday say to a salesman, "Well, I'll buy the car if you guarantee that I won't have any issues for at least 2 years". I quickly stepped in and said that I can't and won't guarantee that. I showed him our inspection reports (for the second time) and told him he is welcome to have his own mechanic look at the car but even then I won't guarantee that the car won't conk out in 2 weeks. I'd rather lose a sale by telling the truth than make up some BS or simply say what the customer wants to hear.

As I've said before, I welcome you to come in and have a look around. There are a number of forum members who have purchased a vehicle from us and I know that in most cases, the process was smooth and both parties were happy with the outcome. If you are interested in a car we have and you'd rather deal directly with me than a salesperson, just ask for me and I'll be happy to assist you myself.

Finally, for anyone who has ever bought a vehicle privately (as I have many times), you know that you've got to do your homework and carefully inspect the vehicle prior to making the purchase. It's no different when buying from a dealer. What a dealer can offer however is the ability to have a selection of vehicles in one place, the ability to get financing, the ability to trade in your current vehicle, the ability to have warranty coverage and a seller who is not going to disappear tomorrow.

Bruce

Last edited by VelocityCars; 07-04-2014 at 11:11 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #79
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
With the direction this thread is going, maybe it should be moved to the Police Forum instead. If your biggest concern in getting a JDM car is whether or not a $150-200 lighting fixture is present or not - instead of actual safety/bodywork/mechanical concerns - maybe you should just buy a new car instead. Not every car is perfect and even OEM new vehicles have issues with the MVA/MVAR as all of these laws may be open to different interpretations. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked at traffic stops why my car doesn't have DRL - because it is a 1986 vehicle... many Officers can get pushy which is why I keep a copy of the legislation in my glove compartment.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #80
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Review of Vancouver Velocity Cars part 1:

Review of Vancouver Velocity Cars part 1:

I have finally get to purchase a dream car which is the 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI. Stock 151 on the website.

Customer Service:
I gave Bruce a call to ask multiple questions about the condition of the car and other financing matters. He then asked me to come to dealer to discuss further and to actually take a look at the car first. I was very pleasant on the phone with Sean(salesman) and Bruce(Manager) as they were very nice to approach.

So I went to the dealer next day little earlier than the time that I mentioned, Sean wasnt here yet because I went there little early and another sales was trying to sell me the car I was looking for. I got treated like shit, whoever that guy is I dont know his name but he wont even turn on the ignition for me as I have to put down a deposit first? After wasting like 15mins for nothing I was like wtf. However, when I was so pissed and about to leave. Sean and Bruce came in and provided a whole different world of customer service. They actually wanted me to test drive the car but I wasnt feeling comfortable driving RHD so I just let the sales test drove it with me.

Financing:
The financing guy is a very nice guy and will give you the best deal as soon as you have decent credit score.

Condition of the Car:
Went to EVO garage for quick inspection and they mentioned the car needs alignment, oil change and a new battery. All very low cost maintenance needs to be done but this is expected for a 15 years old car.

Impressions and Thoughts:
Go talk to bruce personally if you are seriously interested in a car and dont want get treated like a homeless guy around the corners. He is the manager and he will give you the best possible customer service!

Will I buy again? Yes but I dont have money.
Will I talk to anyone other than Bruce? Probably not, unless I have to
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #81
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Scary thought of you driving around coquitlam not being comfortable driving your RHD vehicle.

Is it a white evo 6? think i seen it parked the other day.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #82
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Damn, I thought I was gonna be the only white evo6 for a while. congrats on the purchase! Glad you got what you wanted.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #83
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Did they pay for the work needed on the car?
Old 07-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #84
Banned (ABWS)

Does anyone know about the 993 with the body kit that velocity is selling. Is it legit and clean. Car looks nice but just wonder why it's for sale for so long without being sold...
Old 07-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #85

Tj, i was comfortable after driving it for around 15mins heading to richmond from the dealership. Just drive it slowly at first and increase speed once you get he hang of it.

Bomi, thanks. Good to hear there's another evo 6 lover lol.

WIld, I was looking up the warranty broschure and no mention that they will be covered. They are consumable products so it's acceptable to be not covered. Ofcourse i would be freaking happy if they do xD.

2nd part of the review will be coming soon. Sit tight and have your popcorns ready
Old 07-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #86
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
You did the inspection after buying it?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #87

Yes, was a risky move but i felt like trusting bruce so i just bought it anyways lol.

I probably should always check next time of purchase.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #88
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts
CP9A meet!

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
Old 07-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #89
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Do you still have yours?^

noransx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak
[24-01, 14:19] mk1freak lots of bdays this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9
[22-05, 23:37] norans also got a pretty douchey white hipster haircut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_BOY
[27-10, 22:25] can't spell ice without ie
2014 Chevrolet Volt - Poo brown ft panel gaps - currently at 588mpg
2006 Honda CBR600RR "LaF'Honda" pronounced la-fawn-duh
Old 07-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #90
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcheung View Post
Tj, i was comfortable after driving it for around 15mins heading to richmond from the dealership. Just drive it slowly at first and increase speed once you get he hang of it.

WIld, I was looking up the warranty broschure and no mention that they will be covered. They are consumable products so it's acceptable to be not covered. Ofcourse i would be freaking happy if they do xD.

2nd part of the review will be coming soon. Sit tight and have your popcorns ready
I would contact them and let them know what you had to replace. In my opinion if you are going to buy a car from a dealer I think it's a MUST to have at least fresh oil in it. I personally would be trying to get the money back for all three things you had done to it.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noran View Post
Do you still have yours?^
ICBC fixing the car!

although i wont get the car back till sept-oct.... the car is waiting for parts.. funny thing is the body shop also has a newer evo 8 or 9 sitting there as well waiting for parts

This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 AM   #92
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
ICBC fixing the car!

although i wont get the car back till sept-oct.... the car is waiting for parts.. funny thing is the body shop also has a newer evo 8 or 9 sitting there as well waiting for parts
what happened?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 08-01-2014, 05:02 AM   #93
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcheung View Post

wth. i would have expected them to sell a fully serviced car instead of one with a bad battery and no oil change...

still remember my first time doing RHD. the whole shoulder checking thing and trying to shift with the door handle was priceless.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 09-12-2014 at 04:36 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #94

Thanks for the comments, I'm going to change my own oil rather than factory oil anyways so im not too concerned about that part.

As for the battery, not like it will die right away, it just needs attention and get replaced to prevent future problems. It requires modification to fit north america batteries so that would have to be done by EVO Garage sometime next week.

Wheel alignment is 100 bucks no big deal as all used cars need it even when you buy a car from a private seller.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
what happened?
got rear ended.

as for the batteries, just need to change the terminals. a very simple DIY.

also for an alignment, there is potential that the front tie rods may be seized. the wide body evo 5 and 6 have different tie rod lengths compared to the other evos... so watch out! would need to order parts from over seas.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #96

Quote:
got rear ended.

as for the batteries, just need to change the terminals. a very simple DIY.

also for an alignment, there is potential that the front tie rods may be seized. the wide body evo 5 and 6 have different tie rod lengths compared to the other evos... so watch out! would need to order parts from over seas.
Thanks for the heads up, appreciate the info.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #97
Witness protection

Quote:
got rear ended.
noooo
Old 08-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #98
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
No experience with them, but I can say for sure that they (or Bruce) handles their online responses better than 90% of other small business owners based on this thread.. you guys are ruthless.. haha
Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
noooo

fack :fuuuu:

Old 08-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #100
Witness protection

Closed Thread