REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   If you see this car, please get a license plate number (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691207-if-you-see-car-please-get-license-plate-number.html)

Soundy 12-15-2013 12:49 AM

If you see this car, please get a license plate number

Cross-posting this for a BCjeepclub member... figured a car like this, someone on here is likely to recognize it:

Quote:

I was at Superstore tonight and about to park my jeep. There was a truck leaving. This young dude pulls next to my right and tries to cut me off and beat me to the spot. Because I was right there, I parked right in. When I got out of my jeep, he was already out of his car yelling and swearing. I asked him what his problem was and he started threatening me and spat on me. And I spat back and he charged and stood right to my face and still threatening. I put down my glasses on the back bumper and turned back and told him if he touches me I will sue his ass. That point he must have realized this will go longer than he thinks. He turned around still swearing, got into his car and drove away. I thought it was over. I went in and did my shopping and got out. Only to find out that he was on the side of my parked jeep and he was scratching the paint on the right side in front of my eyes. I started running after him and he started running towards his car. He was in his car and driving away by the time I got close. I realized when I was doing my shopping, he got his license plate off. So I couldnt get the license plate in the pictures but I have pictures.

So if anybody, by any chance see this car on the road, please write the license plate for me. He also has a "N" sticker on the back. I already filed a complaint with RCMP.

First picture is the side of my jeep and the rest of the pictures are from my chase of his car on foot.

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/849/5371756517.jpg
View Screen Capture

LSF22 12-15-2013 12:52 AM

doubt he'll venture out here to ricemond but ill have eyes out

boostfever 12-15-2013 12:57 AM

Will keep an eye out. Looks like a Merc out of a Kingsway dealer.

Where did this happen?

gilly 12-15-2013 01:00 AM

tinted front windows too...

1exotic 12-15-2013 01:01 AM

Guy is from Surrey probably

boostfever 12-15-2013 01:02 AM

Looks like North Van actually. Doubt the Merc is from around here though.

Soundy 12-15-2013 01:03 AM

Ah, sorry... this would be the North Van Superstore, on Mt Seymour Parkway.

http://goo.gl/maps/L6Xen

Thanks guys... Jeepers or ricers, we all love our wheels, AMIRITE?

1exotic 12-15-2013 01:07 AM

Why was the Merc at North Van Superstore, there is one in Surrey also.

:fulloffuck:

subordinate 12-15-2013 02:01 AM

Pretty distinguishable car. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on mercedes forums.
Kid's a tool.

kakucaekz 12-15-2013 02:01 AM

All over a parking spot, which there seems to be lots of judging by the empty stalls in the pictures. :facepalm:

Mr.Money 12-15-2013 02:56 AM

no high speed chase by jeep?....good luck.

bing 12-15-2013 03:37 AM

That is a pretty recognizable car. Personally, I would not have felt safe to leave my car there especially after that kind of a confrontation. At the very least, write down/photograph his plate. I do this even when cars park too close to me or the spot is too narrow.

asian_XL 12-15-2013 06:14 AM

I wonder if the victim could ask superstore to let him see their CCTV?

GLOW 12-15-2013 06:19 AM

i doubt there's CCTV of the parking lot

FerrariEnzo 12-15-2013 06:34 AM

looks like he doesnt even have rear plates?? at least I couldnt see any plates on the back

Chris.m 12-15-2013 06:56 AM

I live in the area, and have only seen a CLK like that once.

I think it belongs to a high school kid that goes to Seycove Secondary (or atleast went to high school there last year).

Another distinguishing feature of the high school kid's car was after-market headlights, which I haven't ever seen on a CLK before or since.

Hope that helps.

Matlock 12-15-2013 07:18 AM

Wow, I would have lost it and had to have done unspeakable things.

Gnomes 12-15-2013 07:19 AM

Hope you catch that coward

Zedbra 12-15-2013 07:22 AM

What type of man allows himself to get spit on and then only threatens to sue? There is a point when words aren't gonna get the job done.

Anyways, I am in North Van often, I will keep my eyes open.

v_tec 12-15-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 8382414)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8382416)
i doubt there's CCTV of the parking lot

Gas station. Which is near the entrance/exit of the parking lot too.

But I'm not sure if the range is far enough / which angle it would be pointed at.

GGnoRE 12-15-2013 07:26 AM

Over a parking spot jesus... the lot doesn't even look full.

This retard needs to be brought to justice.

Vale46Rossi 12-15-2013 07:26 AM

Dumbass kid, going to get caught eventually such a noticeable car...

MG1 12-15-2013 07:42 AM

OK, I know this is RS, but gais, read the post!

Quote:

He was in his car and driving away by the time I got close. I realized when I was doing my shopping, he got his license plate off. So I couldnt get the license plate in the pictures but I have pictures.

So if anybody, by any chance see this car on the road, please write the license plate for me. He also has a "N" sticker on the back. I already filed a complaint with RCMP.

Zedbra 12-15-2013 07:46 AM

^ sorry - was amazed at how much of a wuss this guy was with it all and now needs others to fight his fight.

Soundy 12-15-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8382408)
no high speed chase by jeep?....good luck.

Jeep? High speed?? :fuckthatshit:

Guy's got a pretty built up rig that could probably crawl right over that car without even feeling a bump. Speed... not so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 8382414)

Tried that - manager wouldn't let him see it, but said the cops could look at it if they asked.

But yeah, probably no or very minimal coverage of the lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8382426)
What type of man allows himself to get spit on and then only threatens to sue? There is a point when words aren't gonna get the job done.

So you figure it's worth a middle-aged guy getting hit with an assault charge over just getting spit on by some loudmouthed twit? Jeep drivers don't tend to be agitative roid monkeys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8382435)
^ sorry - was amazed at how much of a wuss this guy was with it all and now needs others to fight his fight.

:fulloffuck: He's not asking others to beat the guy up for him, he just wants held identifying the car so he can have the police deal with it PROPERLY.

To quote "the victim" (because yes, someone on BCJC asked why he didn't just punch the guy out in the first place), "I am 45 and seen enough. I was ready to defend myself if it came to that. US or Canadian doesnt matter, what I told him seemed to work to get his mind together. I really thought he was gonna hit me, thats why I put my expensive glasses on the bumper. There were enough people around with cell phones. I am a small town guy too. I know how it works if it comes to that but I would rather not bring to that."