REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
they're "rightfully canadian" too.
Of that ridiculously huge post you wrote, this is the only real point that was made.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #27
Official Texas Ambassador
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,135
Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
But he was not a Canadian citizen he was a British citizen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
I knew it the second I saw the pic who it was. Conrad Black from a while ago.

But it looks like as asahai69 pointed out earlier, he was born in Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
he was born in montreal


It is Canadian law that a Canadian citizen is not permitted to have a British title. It was for this reason that Black renounced his citizenship in Canada and maintained his British citizenship. He then re-immigrated to Canada, but only after being convicted of a felony in the USA.

tl;dr - its complicated
__________________
Follow Revscene on Twitter
Join Revscene on Facebook


[14-01, 13:15] GLOW older the chicken, sweeter the stirfry
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,419
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
It is Canadian law that a Canadian citizen is not permitted to have a British title. It was for this reason that Black renounced his citizenship in Canada and maintained his British citizenship. He then re-immigrated to Canada, but only after being convicted of a felony in the USA.

tl;dr - its complicated
Yes, after he got out of jail he was a convicted British citizen. So we let a foreign national who was a convicted criminal into Canada. But you if he was a brown Muslim he would not have been allowed in.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #29
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
^ so what if we are being hypocrites? They may contribute in taxes paid, but I feel they can be detriments in other ways that cant be compared in monetary terms, and whose to say it doesn't prevent more of them from coming in?
because if you're being hypocritical, then they can be as well. and then both your arguments are invalid lol. why don't u just stick your middle fingers up and throw shit at each other? it's the same thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
In all honesty it does come to conforming to our culture and values. You are right, I don't like their rude snot blowing ways, or their inconsiderate nature, lack of manners , greedy culture that values $ over all. I prefer the canadian culture and I want to keep it that way. It may appear as discrimination, but I view it as a culture discrimination. They are viewed in a negative light even from their own people. disclaimer - I am asian.
yeah but don't u think you're just over generalizing? they must ALL be like that right?
lol... how many non chinese millionaires do you know? maybe it's not chinese... maybe it's just millionaires. or people in the position of power and money... maybe you're just discriminating against money.

cuz most money in china is new money... i can guarentee you if millions of "normal average canadians" suddenly got tons of money, a lot of them would become assholes and spend like mad... they'd all be YOLO and doing dumbass shit.

you don't have to look far to see these kinda things in our culture. just look at all the fast money young artists in western culture. how many of them do stupid shit and show off?

are they not "western culture"?

the problem is most people will get an inflated ego when they get money fast, and they were not born into money nor experienced wealth in their life.
this applies to most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
Guaranteed you if this was 5000 rich applicants from places like Switzerland, Germany, Sweden etc not one person would be bitching.
I guarantee you if rich applicants from those places you named were applying here like the mainland chinese were... there's something really fucked up going on in europe. and they would be mad when they were denied.

that example was pretty bad, cuz i don't think they'd wanna immigrate here... the places you named are superior in almost every way.

how about if canada was more like a 3rd world country, and you were applying to switzerland and 8 years later they just cut you off and say no. lol... yeah, you wouldn't get mad right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
Similar issues are happening with immigration in european countries when new immigrants that are much different do not conform. There are rich iranian, russian kids living here driving nice cars right now and you dont see us complaining about them?
they have the same problems as us. you go to UK and look at all the cultural bigots bitch about the rich arab kids revving their loud million dollar cars together, driving by harrods acting exactly like the mainlanders do here.

in fact... if you go to any 3rd world country and view the westerners that suddenly feel "super rich" there, you should see how a lot of them act.
exactly like the way these super rich here act.

like i said, when most people suddenly feel powerful, they're gonna be a lot less polite and do a lot more "YOLO" "fuck what they think" attitude.

the SAME aspect of ego driving you guys to bash them, will be the same ego that will drive your thirst to show off and abuse your power. you just don't realise it yet.

it's just you guys don't have any power. your only power right now is your "rightful canadian" citizenship... hence you guys leveraging it and using it like you own it.

if you guys suddenly all won the lottery, you guys might not be douches all the time. but i can say for sure, enough of you guys will, enough to to make the public think you're douches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
Last I remember our country is a democracy where the majority of people are Canadians with canadian values, and so what if we want it to be that way, whether it's rational or not?
that's not how it works man. rationality is what separates us from most of the beasts under us in the food chain.

also you're speaking as if your opinion represents all of canadian value...

the last i thought canadian values were just be nice and accepting, and treat everyone fairly and equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
We cant do much with the hicks that we already got here, but we can do something about the people that are not here yet.
they're not here yet, but they're not hicks that are coming here. they're people with immediate pragmatic use to our economy ($). their intrinsic potential is still not known, but i can say it's higher than most canadians. they're millionaires. they can create things on a whim with the money they have. ideas and businesses. whatever they want. you have to go look for a job and slave away.

i still don't see the down side here.

it's not like they're gonna be EVERWHERE... 1500 people man. that's less than the size of a highschool. the money they're bringing in MORE than makes up for any detriments they will cause.

YOU might not want them here for some selfish reason. but I want them here, cuz i want their fucking money so I can improve my life, and canada the way I see fit.

at the very least, canadians should view them just as another tool in the tool box for canada. no more no less right?

what's the harm? they're not jihadists. they're not gonna spread some religion or something crazy.

they're gonna just spend money on ridiculous luxury items and splurge on shit... i forget... please remind me... i think we live in western society, called capitalism...

in fact, i think in real world application... us north americans actually value capitalism over democracy. capitalism takes priority first. not democracy.
not saying what should be... just saying thats how it is.. and that's how it's ALWAYS been.

democracy like CiC would say... is just an illusion. real democracy is voted with dollar bills. money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
I apologize if this threads on the line of being a bigot or racist, and mods please remove it if it is, it is not my intention, I was just stating it as I see.
it is kinda, but i don't see it that way.

i just see it more as egotistical. not being able to sympathize or empathize with another culture because of one's own ego blinding themselves from realising that other people on this planet, are just extensions of themselves.

people can be taught, and changed.

if not them, their kids, or their kids kids... who cares if it takes 1-2 generations? that's nothing... who cares if it's your WHOLE life... there's trillions of years ahead that others will enjoy.

the world timeline doesn't just consist of your own short little life. ego, selfishness... man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
there's a saying that money cant buy you class. and I understand a lot of these people were from working poor or farmers and now they are super rich millionaires, but if they can just be educated on not defecating or urinating in public, Budging in lines, not throwing their garbage in their condo lobby etc, I think less people would be having issues.
some of them can be educated.

the apartment I lived in has a huge problem with EVERYONE throwing whatever trash or objects into every different type of bin.

until someone took the time to make proper labels that were in chinese. along with pictures and other visual diagrams. someone took the time to make that and now they're on a lot of the bins i see. guess what? the problem has half resolved itself. just cuz someone took the time and effort to FIX the situation instead of just ignoring it or bitching about it.

i mean why wouldn't they? in china they literally dump their bare garbage in a pile outside the shops on the side walk at night. there's huge piles of garbage outside every store at night. they don't use garbage cans... trucks come along and take it all up. people with brooms and shit come and clean all that shit up.

if you moved to china, and you couldn't find a garbage can, wouldn't you be confused? what would you do? probably put it in the closest thing that resembled a garbage can right? well the ground is the closest thing that resembles a garbage can here.

old habits die hard. it's just one generation of them...

and like old stubborn people... they won't change... we just have to wait for them to die off. but we don't focus on them... we focus on their future generations... the ones we CAN mold... and those little kids will have access to their parents money, but be canadian. ISNT THAT ENOUGH REASON TO LET THEM IN!? and their kids kids will be more canadian... and hopefully the money will still be running in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
I think it will just take a generation or two, just like with other immigrants that have came here in the past
exactly... now you're thinking in bigger pictures and more of a futurist. the RIGHT NOW doesn't matter as much as people think. it's just an itch we can't scratch, in the future, we won't even care or remember this time in age.

people forget it takes more than one generation to breed success. and these family's kids are ahead of a lot of us by a lot. they're generations ahead in terms of monetary power. but in a quick 1-2 generations we can MENTALLY CONVERT their kids to be more canadian. slowly, every generation. slowly coverting, until they're just as "canadian" as we are.

but that won't happen unless we let them in, and they won't be more canadian if we're assholes to them.

one day when their kids or kids kids go back to china, they'll realise they're more canadian than chinese.

in fact a lot of old chinese immigrants here over the course of 25-30 years have become more canadian than they were when they were first here. they would rather live here than go back to asia. canada has softened them. their values have been slowly skewed over to our side. yeah it took 25-30 years for it to happen, but so what? they're old, like i said, old habits die hard.

focus on their kids. not them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Some might say its racist, but is it racist when you are of the same culture? I'm Chinese myself and I can't stand some of this snobbiness and nose in air attitude from some of these people.
are you chinese of culture or ethnicity. there's a difference.

born here, and i've always called myself chinese canadian. and regarded myself as pretty asian.

until i went and explored mainland china. then i realised, i am not fucking chinese at all.

it would be like a fuckin surrey jack being all fuckin indian pryde... then going to india and realising, the locals have nothing in fucking common with him. he is the least thing that is indian in india lol.

you're of canadian culture. but your DNA is asian. that's about it.

like a fuckin nikka saying he's african therefore he can hate on blacks from africa. lol bullshit.

you're as chinese as a black guy from the bronx is african.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
There are a lot of great Chinese immigrants, but this crowd that comes in through this program is not the crowd that we want to see. On top of that, the "more taxes" argument does have holes in them. These new immigrants don't necessarily spend all their time here. If anything they still spend most of their time and money back in China, they don't generate any value for the economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Again who is to they will spend or even stay in Canada? Can you be 100% sure they will not stay in China and make money there while leaving their family here using our social programs for free because the husband is the one who makes the money and since the wife don't work therefore she doesn't pay income tax so is consider as low income which means they don't have to pay for health care etc etc..... How about the husband move all his families here and the divorce his wife thus leaving us tax payers to foot the bill for his wife and his children and his parents but in reality he is still giving them money to use?
are you two SURE of this?

who cares if they spend 80% of their time in china? i'm sure them or some extension of them (kids, wife etc) will spend at least 100k a year here.

and if they use our social programs???

you don't think that the rich wife and kids spend more than 100k a year? isn't that contributing more to the social programs than you guys are? i'm pretty sure the taxes they pay alone each year just in luxury goods covers more than themselves. i'm sure if we took them out of the equation, the social programs would be hurt monetarily more than if we removed equal number of normal canadians.

the second example where the man "divorces" his wife. wife gets social help but the man is still secretly footing the bill... that's a complex issue. you don't want canada to become like the fucking USA with its billion pages of RIDICULOUS tax laws.

it's a "problem" we're gonna have to just deal with. it is the cost of doing business you can say. the cost of accepting immigrants. we cannot control money outside our nation... i don't know the solution.. but the solution isn't to block the immigrants or to make our laws crazy like americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
What have I done? Well at least I learn to speak English instead of complaining that people SHOULD speak Chinese because I refuse to even try to learn a bit of English to get by.
that's a pretty weak argument dude. their inability to learn chinese is just the same as the whitest boys inability to grasp chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Oh and Ulic having money doesn't mean they are a better class then anyone else. True billionaire also have class and certainly wouldn't spit on the ground and go around acting like a bunch of assholes. Instead of complaining the true billionaires would actually think of other ways to be become Canadian citizen by using other investment programs that we offer.

what's a true billionaire?! what are "billionaires" supposed to act like? what are "rich" people SUPPOSED to act like?

flip it around, what are you "poor" people supposed to act like? like a buncha degenerates looking for handouts?

it's just a idealistic thought you have in your head man. billionaires LITERALLY have more ability to act whatever way they want than you do. They have more means of getting away with it. that's all it comes down to man.

no money can't buy you class, that's very obvious. even in cases like justin beiber and kanye west or britney spears.

you're assuming billionaires SHOULD just find another way cuz they have the money to right? yeah they are, and the first way they naturally thought of is to bitch about it. cuz bitching works a lot of the time. i AM SURE they are finding other ways as we speak. they're not stupid.

they're not better in class than everyone else. but they have more immediate pragmatic potential... and on a board full of people that are not very good at abstract theoretical interpretations... and full of people that like pragmatic application of "use" in the "here and now", like tools and cars and sports... one would think, they would know the power of money... cuz really hey, the person with money can do whatever mods and buy whatever cars they want right? IMMEDIATE USE.

very ironic because when the masses have to discuss theoretical values, they usually dismiss it as useless and not pragmatic enough.
but when faced with money owned by people they "don't like"... suddenly pragmatic use is dismissed and they all rush to their theoretical values they call "the canadian way"... and rational or not, they wanna keep it that way... yeah.. ok..

just twisting logic to the way you wanna make it work, and escaping to ambiguity when logic can't be twisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Oh and I am more Canadian because I actually speak English, can sing the national anthem, watch hockey and at the every least can name all the provinces and territories of Canada.
I'm canadian born. I hardly know the lyrics to our anthem. I don't give a FLYING FUCK about HOCKEY. and I could care less about all the names of the provinces and territories in canada. i only know it cuz i was forced to learn that shit in school. if they didn't force it onto me, i wouldn't of even cared.

does that make me less canadian than you?

drop the english speaking argument. that's very narrow minded. the world consists of more than just canada.

i speak english far better than i do chinese. my chinese is pathetic and i've been learning it for over 25 years.

you know why i wish i spoke better chinese now? listen to this:

when I go travelling around the world I fucking feel pathetic when I get involved in a mixed group of different nationals, and i feel like im lagging behind cuz you'd expect a group of mixed nationals to just fuckign speak english BUT THEY DONT.

I was once with a german national, swiss national, and taiwanese national... and i represented canada.
guess what... the german could only speak broken english, fairly well mandarin, and german. the swiss national could only speak chinese, german and french, and the taiwanese national could speak french and chinese... guess what language we had to use to communicate?

more and more when I travel, i find this to be the case. the common language is NOT english. and if it is, it's very broken.

a lot of north americans are regarded as not very well travelled or cultured to the global eyes. our ego of being world "leaders" has blinded us in some aspects.

i don't know about you, but i'd rather keep up with the world than keep up with one single country.

the globe, to me, will always be more important than any smaller entity.

there might not be a lot of us globalists in every city or country, but globally combined we make up a lot of people.
we work toward making the earth a smaller place. a more global approach. the whole... while other people are bickering over whos culture is better, whos religion is better. chaotic redundant infighting within nations and between nations... what a fucking waste of time and energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Of that ridiculously huge post you wrote, this is the only real point that was made.
you missed a lot of other points. the only point of being "rightfully canadian" is that there's actually no fucking actual use.

like i said, i'm "rightfully canadian", but i am far from what you would call a "typical canadian".

the only use my canadian citizenship has is, canada has to come rescue me cuz really, i don't belong anywhere else. canada gave birth to me. that's about it.

i am not better than an immigrant. i am not better than a permanent resident. The only reason i can get away with more shit in canada is cuz canada has no where to extradite me to. THATS MY ONLY "RIGHT" that stands out vs the adopted citizens of canada. i have no other fucking home. u cant kick me out no matter how bad i am.

and yes, my posts are stupid long. and they will only get longer lol. i admit i am not the most adept at concise messages. but i am able to convey things in layman's terms so maximum audience can potentially understand my perspective.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-28-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
geeknerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,055
Thanked 388 Times in 166 Posts
This judgement shouldn't be surprising and you guys are arguing about something not worth arguing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the article states 60 000 applicants got slammed with the defunct program and of those applicants, 80% were chinese/hongkong and of those, 1500 decided to sue.

So a small portion decided to bitch&whine and even did it by the proper method of using the court system but got denied rightfully so. So what are we really arguing about when all the proper steps were taken? Can't get anymore 'canadian' than this?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyer is also influencing these bunch to go further and go for the appeal. Win or lose, he is probably making a fuck-ton of money off this case.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
if there was a land that had better quality of life, more transparent government, beautiful landscapes, a stable economy, would one not want to go there if they did not have all those things in their own country?

You can draw some parallels to the American Dream. People want to come down here to own a house with a white picket fence.

This entire continent is made up of immigrants originally. And as they came in, the Native indians were and Aztecs were killed (who themselves either crossed their Bearing Straight or were dropshipped by Ancient fucking aliens).

everyone on this board whose parents are immigrants. Maybe not in the previous generation, but somewhere down the lineage.

And did they adapt to the culture right away? no
Some immigrants are rich and some are poor. Yes and the OP was dealing with mostly richer immgrants. Understandable, alot of rich entitled people are assholes anyways. Even white people

Holistically, Canada like any other country, is not an angel itself either.

Anyways, most mainland chinese i have spoken too love life in Canada. They have even given up their Chinese passports to come here. Some make the effort to learn the language and a bit of culture, but not all. Again immigrants are human, their environmental needs will shape them. So they will certainly learn English if given the right circumstance. Conversely, and like all people as well, they will find the easiest route to a solution (say if you were to live in Richmond no3, you dont need English to get around at all)

TLDR: if you had lots of money and didnt like your own country, you sure as hell would leave too. Or, you would at least put your kids here so they can enjoy a better life. Learning a foreign land's culture takes time. And everyone on this board has immigrant lineage (and if you are native, you crossed the fucking Bering Strait)
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 01:48 AM   #32
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,687
Thanked 730 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

the world timeline doesn't just consist of your own short little life. ego, selfishness... man.

I think your post kinda shows that you yourself are egotistic and selfish. And you seem to talk in a "i am better than thou" attidude.

Yes I know that people who become rich quickly do stupid things. yes ive heard of miley and justin etc.


if you read my posts I understand the benefits of having rich people come here. however I dont want to negatively impact the majority for the gains of the few. and that it does take generations for them to change. My parents and I were immigrants, yet they werent as bad as some of these folks. My parents didnt expect there to be signs to tell them to not shit in public, they had their old habits but they understood they needed to at least TRY to adapt, and not do things that would piss off the people that are already there.



why should we put up the costs of signs everywhere to welcome them? just so we can educate them? why cant they learn the the BASIC local customs BEFORE coming here. As far as I can remember english is the main language here.

If I was greek, I dont move to russia and demand everyone to speak greek? and last time I checked I dont need a sign to tell me to stop littering when I see a trash bin 2 meters away. I dont think it has much to do with sign and more to do with their "entitlement" and their "selfish" or not give a fuck culture.

why should we deal with their inconsiderate and poor manners for 1-2 generations, you said these people are smart, why cant they learn them from googling online or something. why cant their countries have manner classes to educate them. why should we wait 20-40 years?

i do want to add that not all of them are like this, many do adapt and change. and I applaud them.

if you truly believe that the globe should be more important than any single entity. Shouldn't the world's resources be used to help poor nations prosper? cause if they proper the global economy will proper? shouldn't these people be fixing up their own environment? last I heard you cant see blue skies over there. one can argue that human greed is a cancer and is destroying the planet. we as a species technically have been around for a blink of a time compared to dinosaurs and other species before us. Whose to say that we will be around 1000 years from now or we dont have a major war that sends us to the dark ages?


i apologize as im typing this as fast as I can as I just wanted to write whatever is popping into my mind before heading to bed here so a lot of it may not be grammatically correct.

I think the last poster was on to something and saying this is a stupid debate as everybody has their own personal interests. Everybody has a different goal and a different ideology.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:11 AM   #33
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D
Posts: 767
Thanked 97 Times in 52 Posts
Canada +1
Rich People 0
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 02:44 AM   #34
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
I think your post kinda shows that you yourself are egotistic and selfish. And you seem to talk in a "i am better than thou" attidude.
i come off that way only if you misinterpret it... it's more like: "i see more, and i hope you can see more as well"


Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
if you read my posts I understand the benefits of having rich people come here. however I dont want to negatively impact the majority for the gains of the few. and that it does take generations for them to change. My parents and I were immigrants, yet they werent as bad as some of these folks. My parents didnt expect there to be signs to tell them to not shit in public, they had their old habits but they understood they needed to at least TRY to adapt, and not do things that would piss off the people that are already there.
your parents also didn't come here when a super shit load of other same national immigrants were coming in (aka stick together and no need to adapt), with money (aka no need to adapt).

if they were super rich, and a shit ton of other super rich types were also immigrating, and you had the technology to reach out and find your own kind... they woulda done the exact same thing. stuck together, and not change.

super rich foreigners immigrating to ANY country always change slower. cuz they don't need to. they got money, you forget. money changes things to their needs. not the other way around. it's the single reason we all want money. to bend the world to our needs. not the other way around. few people with money grow beyond that stage of maturity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
why should we put up the costs of signs everywhere to welcome them? just so we can educate them? why cant they learn the the BASIC local customs BEFORE coming here. As far as I can remember english is the main language here.
because we are the host country. because we are a first world country, and they are not. because we are supposed to be superior. because we are supposed to show them how to be kind and accepting. to be generous, in hopes that they will one day realise it and share those same values.

we're a nation based on immigration. we should strive toward being more international. supportive of all humans and causes. you sound like an american.

as far as you can remember, english is the main language. yeah. and as far as i remember, french is just as important as english.

and as far as i remember people are supposed to be accepting and nice.

guess what. reality is different. no one cares that english is the main language except people that can only speak english. it's not a real valid argument. especially in our demographics when minorities are basically majority.

clinging onto traditions is no different than religions. hanging onto old archaic ways... and eventually it will lead to some sort of war.

people have to adapt. faster. and faster. things are changing faster and faster. adapt or be left behind. remember, if you don't change, you'll only grow old lonely.

being stubborn in old archaic traditions and ways of thinking is not a good long term life value. you'll find your club only growing smaller year by year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
If I was greek, I dont move to russia and demand everyone to speak greek? and last time I checked I dont need a sign to tell me to stop littering when I see a trash bin 2 meters away. I dont think it has much to do with sign and more to do with their "entitlement" and their "selfish" or not give a fuck culture.
tons of people throw litter on the ground even if there's a trash bin 2 meters away.

i also explained why they litter. i don't think you understood what i meant. they do it because it's normal. not because they don't give a fuck. they don't know better.

westerners litter because they don't give a fuck. they've been taught since little kids not to litter, to reduce reuse and recycle, and the reasons why. They know better.

most of these chinese people didn't even go to school. let alone learn about pollution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
why should we deal with their inconsiderate and poor manners for 1-2 generations, you said these people are smart, why cant they learn them from googling online or something. why cant their countries have manner classes to educate them. why should we wait 20-40 years?
smart doesn't mean you know how to google something. smart means the ability to adapt and figure stuff out in your own way. it doesn't mean complying with the standards of "everyone else". that's just following.

their countries do have manner classes. those things don't fucking work.

just like our country doesn't have manner classes for when you go to other countries. thats why us north americans have such a fucking bad rep when we go travel. cuz we act like fucking north american yanks and don't even realise it. foreigners hate us cuz we're just as fucking stupid when we're in their country.

you're requesting ridiculous things like you're some elite god on a pedestal, and you're too good to interact with anyone unless they've studied your ways first... get real man.

they can learn that shit here. where it will be taught and learnt much faster.

why should we wait 20-40 years? because that's how long it fucking takes. simple. there IS no faster way.

like i've reiterated many times. conversion takes more than one lifetime. you must stop thinking in short time lengths like your own life.

20-40 years is SHORT buddy.

20-40 years to convert a lineage of family to a nation? you know how many potential citizens stemming from that one family 100's of years down the road?

people always want shit done in their life time. the wise and old grow to be patient and calm because they know time is never on their side. you can only EVER be part of the progress of change, never the goal. the goal is always enjoyed by someone born into it, and they will not appreciate it because of that. and the ones who started it will be dead before they can see it. that is the way of life my friend. you have to accept that. you will not enjoy your vision of the future. and if you get selfish and just decide to fuck it and live your own life and deny others of the same thing, then that is true selfishness.

you can only pass your vision down to your next generations. as you fulfil the visions of your elders.

no one has the longevity to have their cake and eat it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
if you truly believe that the globe should be more important than any single entity. Shouldn't the world's resources be used to help poor nations prosper? cause if they proper the global economy will proper? shouldn't these people be fixing up their own environment? last I heard you cant see blue skies over there. one can argue that human greed is a cancer and is destroying the planet. we as a species technically have been around for a blink of a time compared to dinosaurs and other species before us. Whose to say that we will be around 1000 years from now or we dont have a major war that sends us to the dark ages?
yeah a lot more of the worlds resources SHOULD be used be used to help all nations prosper.
everyone should be fixing environment to a sustainable balance.

and yeah, we might have a major war or some dark ages crazy shit.

but the ONLY reason that would happen is because of the attitude you have now. unaccepting of others, forcing others to do things some way, when in reality everyone can do things differently and everyone just should be supportive and accepting.

but no, people wanna "OWN" things. like ideologies and cultures and nations. they're not forgiving, they're not willing to teach, they're not patient, and they're stubborn and think they're better.

the host is always the one in power. the one in power should always be more generous and accepting. they're the god damn host. it's honorable, and noble. especially when the eyes of the world are gazing upon you. THAT is respect earned. when you're tolerable.

it is the exact reason why americans are not respected. because they are literally living your ideology. xenophobic, nose stuck up in the air.

the red carpet should be rolled out for our guests. not some brutish initiation that makes them "acceptable" like a fucking gang.

it's like getting angry at a kid for throwing food. they just dunno better man. and it takes time to learn. and realise that they are kids. they're kids to our culture. so what you gonna be? the teacher that kicks the kids out and tells them to learn it and come back, or be the good teacher that students look up to?

i duno about you. you should go to a non western nation and see how quickly you can adapt. you make it sound like it's like doing a kumon practice exam. they aren't another western culture moving here. they're from the far east man. literally the opposite side of the world, with literally completely different ways of doing things.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-28-2014 at 03:08 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:46 AM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,337
Thanked 458 Times in 193 Posts
The demand to get in to Canada is high via this route. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new Immigrant Investor Program where the potential investor has to sink in more money.

I think what we should focus more on is how to attract Fortune 500 companies to have their HQ situated in Canada. That means lower taxes and corporate friendly business laws.

I'm glad the judges used their common sense in this one. I'm loving how the federal government is doing cut throat decisions like these. I'm hoping they open a new IIP with an absurd amount of money as a requirement.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #36
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,612
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
If anyone wants to get educated on Canadian culture, its at the very bottom of this picture.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...zlsdw0wjpg.jpg
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 03:25 AM   #37
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
think about it this way, if you saw an old chinese grandpa here and he didn't know the mannerisms or how to navigate a situation the western way. would you stand there and critisize him... or would you try to help him and teach him?

now imagine a white grandpa in china... in the same situation. what do you think he'd think of the chinese if a young person helped him out vs if everyone just writes propoganda and makes fun of white people for sticking chopsticks in their food, spitting in handkerchiefs, and not taking their shoes off when they enter a house.

and you know how stubborn old people are with their ways...

kinda like... how you're stubborn with your ways... kinda see what you're becoming, and the situation repeating itself in the future... only you're gonna be the one under the microscope for doing things weird...

yeah im stereotyping some mannerisms... so are you though.

lol... man... it's so easy to criticize when you only take on the perspective on one side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
If anyone wants to get educated on Canadian culture, its at the very bottom of this picture.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...zlsdw0wjpg.jpg
china and india are the only cultures that go back 4000+ years unbroken... the mongolians almost fucked it up though.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-28-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I wonder how hard it is for a rich British person to get into Canada?

We also let this British criminal into Canada.

What's ur agenda?

I'm a Brit that immigrated to Canada, took a long time (18 months) and some cost (though my family came in under some "in demand worker" program, not as an investor... Having said that, was very tough to get in when u hear of people who just waltz in, slightly dodgy, and somehow stay, but then u hear stories of slightly dodgy ppl having to go... I wonder how much consistency there is in the Canadian immigration system
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #39
boot boot car
 
PiuYi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,054
Thanked 1,284 Times in 536 Posts
trying to use the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms when they've never even set foot in the country
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #40
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,419
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
What's ur agenda?

I'm a Brit that immigrated to Canada, took a long time (18 months) and some cost (though my family came in under some "in demand worker" program, not as an investor... Having said that, was very tough to get in when u hear of people who just waltz in, slightly dodgy, and somehow stay, but then u hear stories of slightly dodgy ppl having to go... I wonder how much consistency there is in the Canadian immigration system
My agenda is criminals should not be allowed into Canada. It took you 18 months he got in the next day.

Throughout history white people have always had a much easier time emigrating.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #41
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
geeknerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,055
Thanked 388 Times in 166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
My agenda is criminals should not be allowed into Canada. It took you 18 months he got in the next day.

Throughout history white people have always had a much easier time emigrating.
he is canadian born so I'm sure that had a big influence if not the reason of letting him but yea, we don't even let americans with DUI in to canada.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #42
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
kross9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 628
Thanked 915 Times in 224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
But he was not a Canadian citizen he was a British citizen.
Key word BORN A CANADIAN CITIZEN.. Henceforth always a Canadian Citizen, he only got his British Citizenship in 1999
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
My agenda is criminals should not be allowed into Canada. It took you 18 months he got in the next day.

Throughout history white people have always had a much easier time emigrating.
Bit of an ignorant and racially motivated comment.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #44
Official Texas Ambassador
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,135
Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
Key word BORN A CANADIAN CITIZEN.. Henceforth always a Canadian Citizen, he only got his British Citizenship in 1999
No. He is not always a Canadian citizen. He renounced his Canadian citizenship in 2001 to receive a British title, then re-immigrated to Canada at a later time to pick up his citizenship again.
__________________
Follow Revscene on Twitter
Join Revscene on Facebook


[14-01, 13:15] GLOW older the chicken, sweeter the stirfry
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #45
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,419
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
Bit of an ignorant and racially motivated comment.
It's not ignorant or racist it's a fact. When the British ruled a large chunk of the world white British citizens had no problems going to any British colony. Colored British citizens could not he same. Even in the 60's the problem existed.

Is this guy Canadian?


He was Born in Alberta to an American other Cuban father moved tot he states when he was 2. Now is a US Senator who gave up his Canadian citizenship and wants to run for US president.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar

Last edited by Manic!; 06-28-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #46
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,687
Thanked 730 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
because we are the host country. because we are a first world country, and they are not. because we are supposed to be superior. because we are supposed to show them how to be kind and accepting. to be generous, in hopes that they will one day realise it and share those same values.

we're a nation based on immigration. we should strive toward being more international. supportive of all humans and causes. you sound like an american.
I'm not agreeing entirely or disagreeing with your overall posts, as it all depends on ones ideologies. I dont think I sound american imho. in general, i am actually pro immigration if I feel it will add overall value to our country. I guest I can agree to disagree that I feel these individuals dont add an overall benefit to our nation (not the globe) at this point.

people are suppose to be accepting and nice, and I think in general I am pretty accepting and nice. and i consider myself of a person that has a "good heart" so to speak.

as far as you can remember, english is the main language. yeah. and as far as i remember, french is just as important as english.

and as far as i remember people we are supposed to be accepting and nice, and that we should all try to serve and better the global entity.

you mention reality is different. but the reality is most people that live in canada dont want people that negatively affect them directly.

It's not only in canada, when I travel, and not just me that see it, but most of the anecdotal stories I hear from my friends/ colleagues / relatives / and even the internet, have stories of these individuals acting poorly as tourists. I'm sure you've all seen or heard stories about these folks doing things like budging in lines, acting rude, damaging tourist properties and destination sites that would be embarrassing to say the least. they have been known to be very "inconsiderate" whenever they travel, whether they know any better or not, is not the point.

I do admit we all need to adapt to change, but not everyone can as fast as we all like them too, including canadians.


Quote:
tons of people throw litter on the ground even if there's a trash bin 2 meters away.

i also explained why they litter. i don't think you understood what i meant. they do it because it's normal. not because they don't give a fuck. they don't know better.

westerners litter because they don't give a fuck. they've been taught since little kids not to litter, to reduce reuse and recycle, and the reasons why. They know better.

most of these chinese people didn't even go to school. let alone learn about pollution.


it's like getting angry at a kid for throwing food. they just dunno better man. and it takes time to learn. and realise that they are kids. they're kids to our culture. so what you gonna be? the teacher that kicks the kids out and tells them to learn it and come back, or be the good teacher that students look up to?
i duno about you. you should go to a non western nation and see how quickly you can adapt. you make it sound like it's like doing a kumon practice exam. they aren't another western culture moving here. they're from the far east man. literally the opposite side of the world, with literally completely different ways of doing things
you can also say the same thing about uneducated canadians, poor canadians living in poverty, homeless people, hicks etc.

I know some people that just never had a chance because they "just dont know better", it's like that movie Gone Baby Gone, if your parents were alcoholic drunks, crack addicts or deadbeats, and surrounded by degenerates your whole life instead of white collar successful people, there's probably a high correlation that you will turn out to be a deadbeat degenerate.

why not spend more money on educating these "low lives", what if we focused on educating these folks and maybe they will know better and maybe one day their kids wont be degenerates and can make something of themselves? they could be the next prime minister even. who knows? whose to decide that we should cater to these select few immigrants?

same goes for criminals, a lot of young petty thieves that grew up around other petty thieves have only known the life of a petty thieve and dont know any better as well. they may justify that what they are doing is okay, they need to make a living, who are they hurting stealing this or that? Even though they know it’s illegal and can get in trouble with the law, they don’t truly grasp the consequences or how they are hurting those around them. That’s all they known, that’s their standard because they have been around this their whole life, they have never been around good role models. While this is true that these thieves don’t know any better and I shouldn’t be kicking out these “kids” cause they don’t know any better, I don’t think I would welcome thieves with open arms into my neighbourhood.

even for hardcore gang members, you may justify their action of killing someone because that's just the way it is for them. they dont know any better? they have been around the gang life all their life that thats the only thing they know. They only know how to be a gangster. They have a “different way of doing things”


You can make a case that we should just focus all our energy on improving the people already here, that are not rich or poor, and are in the middle, and thus improving the majority, and hopefully our kids over generations will be better off. But it just seems we tend to cater to the wealthy, and the reality is, most of us average joes hate that. If society always cater to the rich, and the majority gets worst off, they will usually rebel, or have a revolution. Any policy that has that perception will generally be viewed negatively by the majority.

Also, why can’t we have our nation’s interest first? Im not saying we cant overall help other nations and the globe, but why are we not allowed to improve Canadians first. Why should we cater to other nations out there right now? We live here because we like our culture and values. Should we accept vastly different ideologies just because we should be the hosts? Who decides what’s wrong and whats right and what is acceptable or not? Right now, it’s usually the majority. I dont go to Dubai with my wife and have her wear bikini tops and tell them to adapt to me. We are a planet of vastly different ideologies and cultures and one can go to live where they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

just like our country doesn't have manner classes for when you go to other countries. thats why us north americans have such a fucking bad rep when we go travel. cuz we act like fucking north american yanks and don't even realise it. foreigners hate us cuz we're just as fucking stupid when we're in their country.
I don’t know about you, but I get treated like a god when I go to very poor countries, they usually love you because you are a foreigner and are viewed as being in a better class, and also because you are a lot wealthier as well. Why does china hire white people to be the face of some of their companies? And get paid 10x as much as the locals and yet do less work?

And even in Europe, a lot of Europeans love Canadians for their laid back polite nature. I don’t think im xenophobic at all. I have muslim friends, buddist friends and friends from all color and creed. I respect other culture and have visited other religions temples and such as well. I understand what is acceptable in one culture may not be tolerated in others.
It really depends on what is to be tolerated and what isn’t. But I think I see what you are saying about being the bigger person and instead of kicking someone out, to welcome them and change them.

For example, if I believe that discriminating against gays is wrong. And someone makes homophobic comments, instead of kicking them out or ridiculing them, I should educate them on why being homophobic is not tolerated. But then again, other people may have different values on gay people.

It’s kinda like the whole Donald sterling thing against black people, should we have punished him? Or should we just say, hey what you said is wrong, racism is wrong and let’s try and educate you, or both? But by punishing him, aren’t we sending a message that that behaviour is not tolerated? I don’t know? Same goes for being inconsiderate by littering or hacking up a big gross not in the middle of a mall? Do we let them do it first and tell hey, that’s not right, don’t do it? Or do we just allow people that don’t shit in public places in the first place, and maybe wait until more individuals that understand that that is not acceptable, and only then can they come in. as to not detriment the people already in the mall?

Overall I applaud you for thinking long term and if I assume correctly, your intentions of trying to improve the global society, but I just don’t know if I can agree, or even disagree with you as there’s different ideologies out there.

Last edited by iEatClams; 06-28-2014 at 03:43 PM.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS
 
falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,402
Thanked 900 Times in 387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
As of now, Canada is no longer the top choice for chinese immigrants anyway.
Aaaaand this is a problem, why? Let them take their dirty money and close mindedness elsewhere. Richmond is full.
__________________
FOR SALE: 14'' MR2 MK1 wheels with 90% rubber $130, FD RX7 Transmission $200, Hitch Mount Snowboard/Ski rack w/ THULE clamps, locks $200. PM me for details!

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #48
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,419
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Aaaaand this is a problem, why? Let them take their dirty money and close mindedness elsewhere. Richmond is full.



If you are going to make a generalization about all Chinese I am going to make a Generalization about all Germans. What do you care anyways you don't even live in Canada?
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar

Last edited by Manic!; 06-30-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #49
RS controls my life!
 
EvoFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 732
Thanked 213 Times in 98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
are you chinese of culture or ethnicity. there's a difference.

born here, and i've always called myself chinese canadian. and regarded myself as pretty asian.

until i went and explored mainland china. then i realised, i am not fucking chinese at all.

it would be like a fuckin surrey jack being all fuckin indian pryde... then going to india and realising, the locals have nothing in fucking common with him. he is the least thing that is indian in india lol.

you're of canadian culture. but your DNA is asian. that's about it.

like a fuckin nikka saying he's african therefore he can hate on blacks from africa. lol bullshit.

you're as chinese as a black guy from the bronx is african.




are you two SURE of this?

who cares if they spend 80% of their time in china? i'm sure them or some extension of them (kids, wife etc) will spend at least 100k a year here.

and if they use our social programs???

you don't think that the rich wife and kids spend more than 100k a year? isn't that contributing more to the social programs than you guys are? i'm pretty sure the taxes they pay alone each year just in luxury goods covers more than themselves. i'm sure if we took them out of the equation, the social programs would be hurt monetarily more than if we removed equal number of normal canadians.

the second example where the man "divorces" his wife. wife gets social help but the man is still secretly footing the bill... that's a complex issue. you don't want canada to become like the fucking USA with its billion pages of RIDICULOUS tax laws.

it's a "problem" we're gonna have to just deal with. it is the cost of doing business you can say. the cost of accepting immigrants. we cannot control money outside our nation... i don't know the solution.. but the solution isn't to block the immigrants or to make our laws crazy like americans.

Holy crap you typed a lot.

I am of Chinese ethnicity and culture, I'd say pretty weak argument. I'm not born here so that throws your argument out.


We aren't blocking immigration, we are just removing one entrance method which almost exclusively brings in a crowd that are not popular with the general populace.

You can argue all you want about their "$100k" they spend here, but how much benefit does that "$14k" of taxes actually bring to us? There's a lot of other intangibles in addition to money. And some who works and contributes to the GDP is always preferred to some one who does absolute jack.

We aren't making an new laws, we are just removing some immigration pathways. We are dealing with our problems, I welcome immigrants who come in with legit investment or through specialized skills. Buying to be a Canadian? No thanks.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #50
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,419
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Holy crap you typed a lot.

we are just removing one entrance method which almost exclusively brings in a crowd that are not popular with the general populace.
Isn't that what Hitler was doing. Getting rid of a crowd that was not popular with the general populace.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net