REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #226
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Man, maybe you just look shady. I'm an Asian male that drives a loud farty car everywhere like it was on fire and the police just wave me through every roadblock.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #227
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
So lets say Tim the tool man has a son with an outstanding student debt and has recently had ICBC take his license away.

So your free society would have police pull over these type of cars that match Tim's description.... a male in the family with an expired license plate?
Maybe your police state society would at least put a threshold on the number of stops allowed for a family shared car?
what on gods earth are you talking about. i clearly stated that IF all that info is tied to the license plate. they wouldn't pull these types of car over that matches tim's car description. they would pull it over when (and if) the info shows up when they punch in your plates.

and 2nd of all, do you mean expired license plate as in expired insurance on the plates? if that's the case, they are going to get pulled over regardless since its ILLEGAL TO DRIVE WITH EXPIRED INSURANCE.

and unless the photo of the person with the expired or revoked driver's license are all sent to the police database (and i highly doubt this), there's no way the cop can know that they are indeed driving unless they pull up beside each individual car and look at the person. i don't think they do all this either.

so my guess is that your previous offenses were tied to the plate and they ran your plates and they had every right to pull you over (since you are a repeat offender apparently). because you are a danger to all of us on the road.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2015, 01:17 AM   #228
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
what on gods earth are you talking about. i clearly stated that IF all that info is tied to the license plate. they wouldn't pull these types of car over that matches tim's car description. they would pull it over when (and if) the info shows up when they punch in your plates.

and 2nd of all, do you mean expired license plate as in expired insurance on the plates? if that's the case, they are going to get pulled over regardless since its ILLEGAL TO DRIVE WITH EXPIRED INSURANCE.

and unless the photo of the person with the expired or revoked driver's license are all sent to the police database (and i highly doubt this), there's no way the cop can know that they are indeed driving unless they pull up beside each individual car and look at the person. i don't think they do all this either.

so my guess is that your previous offenses were tied to the plate and they ran your plates and they had every right to pull you over (since you are a repeat offender apparently). because you are a danger to all of us on the road.
Yes I meant to say expired license.
So what if one son was caught speeding over a year ago, actually 3 times in a span of a few months... and this year his license is expired... in your society Tim's car should be then subject to random pull overs to see if the troubled sons is driving it?? and should there be limits on these random stops for each family car?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #229

i can't believe you are asking this CiC.

if the son is prone to speeding, he will be caught and pulled over because he is speeding. this doesn't need a plate check. if he wasn't speeding, and the police did a plate check, he wouldn't be pulled over.

and with his license being expired, and was caught before, and was tied to the plate, then how is it wrong for the police to pull him over to check his license? if his license is expired, they write him a ticket and that gets recorded. if his license is not expired, then both be on their merry way.

you think there is enough police out there that there will always be one behind the car to check its plate? what are the odds of any one of us to see a police car right behind us everyday?

you make it sound like its everyday that they are checking on this troubled son.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:34 PM   #230
I subscribe to Revscene

Look man its a police state... I think everyone of the new police cars are equipped with 3 camera, the front and the sides. There could be one parked in a burger joints parking lot next to Kingsway and rely all the delinquent cars passing to the cruisers down the road. Even intersection cameras are scanning plates for high level criminals.
We are Britain's (largest land mass thats surveillanced) little sister country, remember that.
Im witness to this technology with my 3 consecutive no insurance tickets in a span two months.
The first one was a fluke of being behind me... the other times I was followed after passing them.

As to pulling cars over for troubled sons with expired licenses... should the coppers be allowed to do this over and over again? because we are looking at 3 other males driving that car... at times even Tim and his wife. So this couple should constantly have PTSD of getting pulled over, time and time again, for having a troubled son?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-17-2015 at 04:39 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #231
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Look man its a police state... I think everyone of the new police cars are equipped with 3 camera, the front and the sides. There could be one parked in a burger joints parking lot next to Kingsway and rely all the delinquent cars passing to the cruisers down the road. Even intersection cameras are scanning plates for high level criminals.
We are Britain's (largest land mass thats surveillanced) little sister country, remember that.
Im witness to this technology with my 3 consecutive no insurance tickets in a span two months.
The first one was a fluke of being behind me... the other times I was followed after passing them.

As to pulling cars over for troubled sons with expired licenses ... should the coppers be allowed to do this over and over again? because we are looking at 3 other males driving that car... at times even Tim and his wife. So this couple should constantly have PTSD of getting pulled over, time and time again, for having a troubled son?
1) the answer is blatantly yes. the law dictates that one must drive with a valid license. its a cops job to enforce and uphold the law.

2) guess what? that comes with the territory when their vehicle is constantly getting flagged with people driving without a license.

you know how all this can be avoided? follow the law like anyone else and they wouldn't be having such problems.

Last edited by Alby; 03-17-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #232

Quote:
Even intersection cameras are scanning plates for high level criminals.

As to pulling cars over for troubled sons with expired licenses... should the coppers be allowed to do this over and over again? because we are looking at 3 other males driving that car... at times even Tim and his wife.
are you kidding me? intersection cameras scanning plates? this isn't some skynet bullshit. you are just paranoid.

lets amuse you a bit. IF intersection cameras can scan plates, what good would that do? i don't see all criminals being caught. you don't think there would be a manned person behind the camera to verify the scan? i couldn't imagine how much man power you would need to constantly monitor intersection cameras.

as for your no insurance tickets, when you pass a cop car, its not hard for them to SEE your plates have expired insurance. they didn't just follow you for the heck of it.

if your plates were tagged for expired drivers license , why wouldn't they stop you? they have the right to check it. even if it was tim or his wife driving. who knows, they probably even add a note that the license is renewed. no more checks afterwards. even if they did check, like i said, both of you will be on your merry way if everything checks out.

like alby said, just follow the law then you would have no problems. you chose to do this to yourself.

please also provide pictures of these said side cameras. i only know of the ones that are mounted on top of the police cars.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #233
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
I hope they continue doing whatever it is you think they are doing to you. If it legit gives you PTSD, then so be it. Because if you choose not to obey the laws, you should suffer the consequences and accept the responsibility as a grown man (I assume). You do this to yourself. Suck it up.

If you truly believed any of the things you say on here, if you are as intelligent as you'd like us to believe, if you're the only one that can "see through it all" and the rest of us are just sheep, then go do something about it instead of trolling forums.

You can be the change, Chuckles.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2015, 07:09 PM   #234
NSX
NA1

I think CiC should act EXACTLY the way he does right now for the rest of his life, especially when he deals with the Police. Self correcting really. Film it too next time CiC.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #235
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a plate on your vehicle and if so does that plate have a current decal or an expired one?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don΄t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That΄s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote