REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #151
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,251 Times in 436 Posts
CiC, have you ever considered posting on Reddit instead? You'd reach a much larger audience and I think you would be well received there.

Just make sure you post the link here afterwards, so we can keep up with the show.
Advertisement
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #152
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

I dont think it would help me much... I already have some sources to try and file some kind of claim.
I just hope it would rely something to the police database not to pick on me in the future... specially because I'll be driving a kit car one day.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #153

Thanked 2,251 Times in 436 Posts
No no, i think you're on to something and you need as much exposure as possible to spread the word. Reddit would be a good place to post.

You go get em, chuckles.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #154
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
@ underscore
As if Canada is so great and righteous.
Mossad agents were caught with truck bombs on the morning of 911 (see NY police audio online), yet Canada sends its troops to afghanistan to find Bin Laden (CIA name Tim Osman), we kill a shit load of people and one of our soldiers sets the longest sniper kill shot recorded in history... then our American counter parts are protecting poppy fields (as video documentation is shown with Geraldo Rivera) to keep its export, to this day!!!!, at 90%, then our Canadian soldiers come home and some of them go into the police force where they go into dangerous life threatening situations fighting (dealers and users) the very Opium (Heroin) plight that they helped liberate for its production.
Yes what a great country.
I never said it was or wasn't. You point out "flaws" yet fail to have even a vaguely reasonable ideal for how the world should work. If you're going to keep going on about how horrible everything is, perhaps start coming up with some viable alternatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #155
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,017 Times in 457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I never said it was or wasn't. You point out "flaws" yet fail to have even a vaguely reasonable ideal for how the world should work. If you're going to keep going on about how horrible everything is, perhaps start coming up with some viable alternatives?
the only viable alternative here is his own society with his own views/laws.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:13 PM   #156
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You see, it's not Canada he has issue with, it's the whole damn planet.

I would suggest...

Spoiler!

Totally srs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:18 PM   #157
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

I will never be a king or prophet to set standards of living... but if I had some kind of power, I would start with where all the money off natural resources is going.

BC's hidden debt
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69622...dden-debt.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
No no, i think you're on to something and you need as much exposure as possible to spread the word. Reddit would be a good place to post.

You go get em, chuckles.
Seems like a lot of work.. anyone is welcome to link this thread to see the responses.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #158
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Its around midnight and Im coming home in my mothers van and get pulled over at Hastings and Granville.

There reason being that the van is registered to a female and they noticed me driving being a male of course.
(My mothers insurance allows for other drivers to operate the car.)

Was I discriminated against here?
Quote:
Dont they need probable cause?
The police officer was a lady with a male passenger and another backup car that arrived soon after.
Quote:
I want to cash in on any of my rights being violated in this police state.
Quote:
Im not really "back"... and I still have you on my ignore list

@SpeedStars

I guess where we're at is if these police assumptions are actually probable cause in the laws... anyone know for sure?

edit
p.s. I had been ticketed in the past in the same van a year ago (with the same insurance clause to have others operate it).
Quote:
My day started out after seeing a car flipped on its side at the Chevron gas station on Georgia (took video) then I went to replace my flat tire on my 300zx which was so low to the ground that I had to use 4 different jacks replace it... I finished up at around 7pm, visited my fathers house and finally came home to this police state bullshit.
My license had expired and they gave me a $280 no license ticket... but they were nice enough not to tow my car and have my mother come and drive the van home for their police state tactics.
Quote:
Smallest things? Names these...
I had three people with guns surround me for not doing anything wrong but "not matching the registered owner".
This story gets better and better every time he tells it. I'm waiting for it to turn into the Blues Brothers...

(Spoilered for PTSD)
Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 02:51 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxfgfg View Post
Welcome back CiC! Totally didn't miss you!
Is this your second time saying this? I saw the first similar message but the post got deleted and user probably banned....
so tell me... why jimmies rustled?
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 03-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #160
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,248 Times in 3,274 Posts
Quote:
specially because I'll be driving a kit car one day.
First thought that came to me........

KITT - Knight Industries Two Thousand, LOL really lame acronym

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #161

Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
So, I'm curious...if you need health care, do you expect Canada's public health care system to take care of you? How about if you injure yourself via a home-improvement project, sport or by slipping down the stairs?
Quote:
Not if I lived in a poor country like Afghanistan that was ravaged by Imperialist... (I believe Wallstreet controlled Russia late into its break up).
If I go to the hospital and there are a lack of staff, lack of medical equipment, lack everything... then I wouldn't expect to get treated properly.
Canada is in the top 5 resource rich countries in the world, specially with its low ~30 million population.
So you do expect Canada to treat you for such injuries then . Guess what? You are now using other people's tax dollar. If it was a car accident, you are now also using their insurance policy. So it's ok that you don't pay into it but can use it for yourself.

What kind of bullshit double standard is this?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #162

Do you think Canadian hospitals will deny you treatment if you have an outstanding debt with ICBC, perhaps even for a student loan?
I can imagine the US is like that...no funds for your heart surgery and they'll just let you die on the floor.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #163
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,616 Times in 404 Posts
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #164

I dont know if that facepalm was for me or not... but it sure doesnt make sense to be paying tax dollars into the medical system (which is what a 45% fake inflated cost of all of our budget?) then here is ICBC wanting medical treatment insurance fees on top of that. We're paying twice.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #165
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,504 Times in 525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
they're not really allowed to random stop, however, it was argued many many years ago (80s iirc) that random stops is a reasonable limit on the Charter as it deals with public/road safety which is a benefit to the gen pop

so they are allowed to random stop
got bored and looked into this.

what CiC originally wanted i believe is to make a complaint based on what he felt as his section 9 charter right being violated.

s.9 of the charter is as follows:

Quote:
Everyone has the right not to be arbitrarily detained or imprisoned.
the relevant case law though which you referred to in your post that lists the reasons why police can stop CiC in his mom's van is as follows:

Quote:
R. v. Mellenthin (1992):

"The aim of check stops is to check for sobriety, licences, ownership, insurance, and the mechanical fitness of vehicles."
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #166

Nice!
Its established that ownership and insurance of cars are almost relayed in real time to the laptop.
If they pulled me over because they presumed I was the same driver with the expired license, that presumption may not have been allowed.
So they made it fall under not matching the registered owner.

To use that excuse, where does the line get crossed on violating charter rights for "arbitrarily detainment".
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #167
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Nice!
Its established that ownership and insurance of cars are almost relayed in real time to the laptop.
If they pulled me over because they presumed I was the same driver with the expired license, that presumption may not have been allowed.
So they made it fall under not matching the registered owner.

To use that excuse, where does the line get crossed on violating charter rights for "arbitrarily detainment".
that doesnt make any sense though. they didnt violate your charter rights because they're allowed to pull you over to check whether or not you have a valid driver's licence.

thus the detention was not arbitrary...
Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #168

Quote:
Do you think Canadian hospitals will deny you treatment if you have an outstanding debt with ICBC, perhaps even for a student loan?
I can imagine the US is like that...no funds for your heart surgery and they'll just let you die on the floor.
Quote:
I dont know if that facepalm was for me or not... but it sure doesnt make sense to be paying tax dollars into the medical system (which is what a 45% fake inflated cost of all of our budget?) then here is ICBC wanting medical treatment insurance fees on top of that. We're paying twice.
you do know that not all health care related costs are covered by canada right? you would need to make 3rd party claims for some.

i am specifically talking about motor vehicle incidents. sure, you're covered for your GP and xrays and what not. but guess where the liability part kicks in. its when shit doesn't get covered and you would be using that insurance policy to cover yourself. thats what icbc insurance is for. not to mention the cost to cover the damage of the vehicle itself.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #169

What is a great costing medical expense? A disability over many, many years. What ICBC offers may be as great as the monthly offer of what our disability welfare programs offer.
Im sure rich people dont even go through ICBC for life tragedy accidents.

@T4RAWR
Looking at the definition of arbitrary.
Quote:
Arbitrariness is the quality of being "determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle
The police made an arbitrary (on chance) decision to find me (knowing my license was expired) behind the wheel taking into account my brother or another similar looking males (they have my picture on the laptop) couldve been behind the wheel instead... holding a valid license.

But police used the excuse of "not matching owner."

So I may have to use the arbitrary (on whim) argument that they profiled me as a thief.

We'll see what the offices say after I call later in the week.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-12-2015 at 09:36 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #170
Survivor MOD

i think you might wanna read R. v. Ladouceur.

good luck with your discussions with the officer.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #171

it could be anything CiC. could be specialists or special equipment or special treatment. who knows. but the fact is, if an accident occurred, you would be billing icbc. but without insurance, good luck with that.

i don't even know why you bothered with the welfare program when i am specifically talking about icbc insurance. it doesn't matter what the offer is, but if theres an accident, you only go through icbc or whatever 3rd party insurance you decided to go with for the appropriate claims.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #172

The Queen tries to make a harmonious environment for her worker bees to function. High ICBC premiums could just be way to keep a fraction of poor people off the street and lessen traffic.
We dont really know how much ICBC spends on replacing cars or limbs... but we do know they all originate back to the City of London.

Canada is so rich, we'd have jobs making these running through Vancouver with new bridges. Instead we have zombie droves of video game players and porn fanatics.

p.s. I would never put my faith in an ICBC policy as we hear of people always disputing what they think was deserved. I would only go to a reputable corporation.

Tehran, Iran pictured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
i think you might wanna read R. v. Ladouceur.

good luck with your discussions with the officer.
Thanks! that case is the best on this!!!
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 10:33 PM   #173

good luck with this "reputable corporation"
Old 03-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #174

Speaking of that tunnel...
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #175
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

CiC is a god
dSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote