REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #201
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The definition of detained should come from the old "Blacks Law" dictionaries.
The case posted earlier talks about police stops like this being against the Charter Rights.
R v Ladouceur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i think that i should point out that R. v. Ladouceur states that the random stop is a charter violation, HOWEVER, it is deemed reasonable under section 1 of the charter.

from your link:

Quote:
The violation of section 9 was justified as a reasonable limitation under section 1. The government successfully established that there was a pressing and substantial objective of increasing highway safety, and that random stops were an effective means of achieving the objective through deterrence. This position was further supported by evidence of its effectiveness in other countries as well.
case in point, you operating a motor vehicle without a valid licence.
Advertisement
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #202
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Or its possible you could have "Stockholm syndrome and are being an apologists for the system.

@mr_chin
You have many questions here... Im sure other members have the answer to a good number of them... its better I wait it out for others to chime in too.
why can't you chime in and answer them?
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #203
I subscribe to Revscene

For one me you and Mr.Chin were having a debate over me stating "my car"... when in fact it was established from the first post whom the vans ownership and insurance belongs to.
Other questions are if police cars are picking up plate numbers??? this have been known for years am I not correct?? why should I be cleaning up here... other should chime in.

@T4RAWR
But who keeps a tab on how many random stops are made and on which ethnicity?
Is a U.N. filed case the only worth while accountability on our statistics? I bet so.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #204
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
For one me you and Mr.Chin were having a debate over me stating "my car"... when in fact it was established from the first post whom the vans ownership belongs to.

@T4RAWR
Is a U.N. filed case the only worth while accountability on our statistics? I bet so.
i dont think a tab is necessary though to be honest.

statistics are however you read them. if there is a majority population of a certain race, say asian in richmond, then of course the stats will show that a majority of the people being pulled over are minority (as a racial class) members.
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #205
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Guys, I'm not sure why you're expecting to get a direct answer from CiC (and not just ludicrous amounts of side stepping and deflecting). If you've ever followed any threads by CiC, all he does is speculate and have conjecture.

A few pages back, he mistakenly used 360 degrees when he meant 180 degrees. Despite this being a fairly minor mistake, when confronted with it, he just side stepped it and went on to spew more nonsense instead of a simple 'You're right, I'm wrong. My bad.'.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #206

i think CiC may make a perfect politician.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:16 PM   #207
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Guys, I'm not sure why you're expecting to get a direct answer from CiC (and not just ludicrous amounts of side stepping and deflecting). If you've ever followed any threads by CiC, all he does is speculate and have conjecture.

A few pages back, he mistakenly used 360 degrees when he meant 180 degrees. Despite this being a fairly minor mistake, when confronted with it, he just side stepped it and went on to spew more nonsense instead of a simple 'You're right, I'm wrong. My bad.'.
Have you ever suffered from PTSD? NO? That's what I thought.

This guy clearly had a traumatic incident being pulled over by Law Enforcement. Most people in this world have no idea what it feels like to be pulled over by the police. Of course he's going to be a little loopy and mix up things like 180 degrees and 360 degrees. It's apart of PTSD! HELLO!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #208
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
This whole thread has me searching CL for a black charger...just so I can cruise DT Vancouver at night. I'm thinking of getting a horn which will allow me to do the "whoop-whoop" whenever I see a minivan.

-D
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 12:10 AM   #209
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Anyone else starting to think CiC coming back is just a ploy by the staff to increase posting and conversation again, like those funny posts the site account was making a while back? It seems a lot more plausible than someone actually being this dense.

Quote:
The definition of detained should come from the old "Blacks Law" dictionaries.
You can't pick and choose a definition of a word that's different from the definition used by the document that contains the word. No court, not even the UN, gives a flying fuck what you think the definition "should" be, only what the definition actually is.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:46 AM   #210

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Or its possible you could have "Stockholm syndrome and are being an apologists for the system.

@mr_chin
You have many questions here... Im sure other members have the answer to a good number of them... its better I wait it out for others to chime in too.
But don't you see and realize that only you here who is... how can I put it... the odd one? Outcast? Nobody else is siding with your case, so why do you think that other members would and should chime in on my questions to you?

You don't have to answer that.

Quote:
For one me you and Mr.Chin were having a debate over me stating "my car"... when in fact it was established from the first post whom the vans ownership and insurance belongs to.
Other questions are if police cars are picking up plate numbers??? this have been known for years am I not correct?? why should I be cleaning up here... other should chime in.

@T4RAWR
There were more questions other than who's the owner and if police cars are picking up plates. Questions that dig a little deeper into your thoughts and opinions which you clearly have intention to avoid.

Don't worry... like I've stated, you don't have to answer anything if you don't want to because it's your rights. You clearly know the answers to those questions and knowing that if you had openly answered them, you, I, and everybody on this forum will realize that you're just a moron who refuse to accept reality.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 06:07 AM   #211
I subscribe to Revscene

Yeah okay Im a moron and you're the big genius... Im putting you on ignore for two weeks for your tiring comments. If your questions (some already addressed but repeated by you again) were truly worthy ones, Im sure other members will repost them one by one now for me to individually address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
i dont think a tab is necessary though to be honest.

statistics are however you read them. if there is a majority population of a certain race, say asian in richmond, then of course the stats will show that a majority of the people being pulled over are minority (as a racial class) members.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-15-2015, 06:22 AM   #212
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Yeah okay Im a moron and you're the big genius...
Congratulations, you finally got something right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 06:59 AM   #213
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Congratulations, you finally got something right!
As they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes and there are none more blind.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 09:15 AM   #214
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Im sure other members will repost them one by one now for me to individually address.
lol, your superiority complex is never ending.
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
As they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes and there are none more blind.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Spoiler!
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #216

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
So because it happened to you on a regular basis, you think police officers are doing that to citizens of Vancouver?

You don't have to answer that, but if your answer is yes, you are truly a moron.

Quote:
If you found and had a gun in possession, do you tell police officers that it's your gun?

If you accidentally took your co-worker's coffee cup and poured coffee in it... do you tell him that it was your cup?

You don't have to answer those. But if your answer is yes to both those question, you are truly a moron and this behavior is similar to a 10 year old's.
Quote:
Don't worry... like I've stated, you don't have to answer anything if you don't want to because it's your rights. You clearly know the answers to those questions and knowing that if you had openly answered them, you, I, and everybody on this forum will realize that you're just a moron who refuse to accept reality.
Quote:
Yeah okay Im a moron and you're the big genius... Im putting you on ignore for two weeks for your tiring comments. If your questions (some already addressed but repeated by you again) were truly worthy ones, Im sure other members will repost them one by one now for me to individually address.
I never called you a moron unless you applied to the "if's" throughout my posts... and since you just claimed yourself to be a moron... your answers to the first three questions in these quotes are "yes"... and you've just somehow openly answered all my questioned.

Thank you, I am done here.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #217
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I love how CiC threatens to put people on "ignore". He still checks each and every one of them. Whatever makes him feel better, I guess!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #218
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
LOL @ CiC.

you really seem to have quite some knowledge on police technology.

1) these types of cameras would have to be mounted for them to scan your plates. these can also be seen in new west bylaw enforcement vehicles. to be honest, i have yet to see actual police cars with them. if i recall, this technology is quite expensive and i doubt EVERY cop car would have it just to scan for your plates. for the most part, i see the cop manually punching in the plate numbers on their laptops.

2) lets play a bit here, lets say they DID scan your plates and they added notes on your repeated offenses based on the plates. REGARDLESS who is driving the car, they would still simply pull you over. if it was you that was driving, great. they just caught you in the act again, and pull you off the streets, HENCE, providing a safer environment for ALL. if it WASN'T you driving, then they would simply let that said person go and everyone is on their merry way (provided everything checks out).

They would not even have to profile you or make assumptions on ANYTHING. they are simply doing their job, and FOLLOWING up.

what bugs me is that they didn't do more than just ticket you. clearly you have no respect for the law and have constantly broken the law. and for the foreseeable future, continue to do so. i hope you get caught more often. i don't need my rates going up because of you.

icbc needs to come up with another tactic to collect these tickets for you freeman people.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #219

^ better remove that image. his PTSD is gonna act up.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #220
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
CiC is not down with OPP.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #221

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
CIC's troll game is air tight.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #222
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
that don't look like no dodge charger to me.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #223

Palestinian cops don't drive black Chargers...

uploadfromtaptalk1426484049469.jpg
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 10:16 PM   #224
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire subreddit consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this subreddit is called "grilledcheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own subreddit entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and made this account for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over reddit and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this subreddit this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own subreddit just because I know this one exists now.
You god damn heretics. Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-15-2015, 11:08 PM   #225
I subscribe to Revscene

Haha, an inside joke between me the our out of province poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post

2) lets play a bit here, lets say they DID scan your plates and they added notes on your repeated offenses based on the plates. REGARDLESS who is driving the car, they would still simply pull you over. if it was you that was driving, great. they just caught you in the act again, and pull you off the streets, HENCE, providing a safer environment for ALL. if it WASN'T you driving, then they would simply let that said person go and everyone is on their merry way (provided everything checks out).
So lets say Tim the tool man has a son with an outstanding student debt and has recently had ICBC take his license away.

So your free society would have police pull over these type of cars that match Tim's description.... a male in the family with an expired license plate?
Maybe your police state society would at least put a threshold on the number of stops allowed for a family shared car?

Show us your papers!
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by: