REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:08 AM   #76
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
:
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:16 AM   #77
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
So the Charter rights freedoms is exclusive to people who have money to get a lawyer?
Um, no. State-funded lawyers are reserved for those who actually need them. If you got one for some bullshit complaint like this, that might mean some battered mother trying to escape an abusive husband can't get the representation she needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #78
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
If CIC can't even admit he was wrong with basic geometry, he will never admit he is wrong with anything else.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #79
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
A little more detail into my case is that last year I had consecutive no insurance tickets... this racked me up $800. Kept doing it because it doesnt count as points on your license... thing is I wasnt aware of the near 360 beam their camara's have.
So now you've admitted to willfully breaking the Law, as per the BC Motor Vehicle Act section 3. I guess in your world the law only counts if you think it should?

Quote:
they pretty much pulled the van over to see if its me to ticket and tow. Thats fucked, the police state has its net out to catch you before you even break any laws on the road.
First question: Was it your own vehicle, or your Mom's vehicle that you racked up multiple no insurance tickets in?
If it was your mom's, than I'd say there is good and probable cause for pulling over that vehicle to confirm it has valid insurance.
If it was your own vehicle, not the one you were driving, I can almost guarantee there was another reason for the stop.

Quote:
A 360 means going back to where you started.
That would be a 180. I go back to my previous statement. You sir, are an idiot.

Quote:
So the Charter rights freedoms is exclusive to people who have money to get a lawyer? I'll file at the U.N. human rights branch. What ever to try and keep these guys away from bugging me in the future.
I will say it again, you have absolutely no idea what you're getting into. You failed to answer my questions last time, but your answer here confirms you don't even know what level of court you would make that challenge in. I have actually challenged the province on a section of the charter of rights and freedoms, and thus I state again with experience: You have NO idea what you're getting into. Since you're so interested in the charter of rights and freedoms, may I suggest that you actually go and read the charter? You see, the right to counsel (a lawyer) is covered under section 10 of the charter of rights and freedoms.
Quote:
10. Everyone has the right on arrest or detention
a) to be informed promptly of the reasons therefor;
b) to retain and instruct counsel without delay and to be informed of that right; and
c) to have the validity of the detention determined by way of habeas corpus and to be released if the detention is not lawful.
The key point, in your case is "on arrest or detention". In your case of challenging the province on a violation of your rights and freedoms, you are not the defendant. You are the plaintiff, not the defendant, and there is nothing in Canadian Law that provides council to a plaintiff. Knowing that you are likely to try and twist the word 'detention' into being stopped at the side of the road for purpose of checking your license and insurance information, I suggest you partake of that 'reading books' activity where you will find that a roadside stop is not 'detention' as described in the charter.

Lastly, legal aid in BC is provided by the legal services provider. Presuming that you meet their financial guidelines, you'll discover that neither your license ticket nor your challenge to the charter of rights and freedoms falls under the areas legal aid is provided:
Quote:
Legal problems that may be covered by legal aid include:
criminal charges,
mental health and prison issues,
serious family problems,
child protection matters, and
immigration problems.
lol, okay coffee break over. Back to work...

-Dave
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #80
NSX
NA1

Borderline retarded.

You should move to Alberta. Love to see you here for "no insurance" - $2300 fine or 45 days in jail.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #81
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
Spoiler!
☐ NOT REKT ☑ REKT

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #82
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
So the Charter rights freedoms is exclusive to people who have money to get a lawyer? I'll file at the U.N. human rights branch. What ever to try and keep these guys away from bugging me in the future.
that's not exactly what i stated... the charter applies to all Canadians residing in Canada. you are wanting a free lawyer for the purposes of disputing a traffic violation. legal aid is usually reserved for people who make under a certain income bracket, have a risk of jail, etc etc...

there is the UBC Law Students' Legal Advice Program available to you as well. they are completely free and may consider taking on your case if you really feel that you need legal representation to dispute your violation ticket.

I suppose as a last ditch resort you could also take your case to pivot legal society who take on cases for the disenfranchised and downtrodden.

by the way, i don't think you have to go as far as the U.N. human rights counsel in regards to making your application. There is a BC human rights coalition that may be able to assist you if you feel that your rights as a Canadian have been infringed upon.

Quote:
Thanks, I will pursue it and keep you guys updated.
i look forward to it.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #83
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
A little more detail into my case is that last year I had consecutive no insurance tickets... this racked me up $800. Kept doing it because it doesnt count as points on your license... thing is I wasnt aware of the near 360 beam their camara's have.
The tickets are $596 each, so your statement makes no sense. But looking at the rest of your post, you're just a delusional troll.

Mods, can we finally ban this stupid fuck? This clown is just a worthless troll at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
☐ NOT REKT ☑ REKT
☐ NOT REKT
☐ REKT
☑ TYRANNOSAURUS REKT
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 03-03-2015 at 05:00 PM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
I came into this thread with the slight hope that CiC's police stop would end with him being tazed in the nuts. I am disappointed.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #85
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
So when you told them the car is your mother's, did they pull you out of the car and beat you with sticks? If that happened, then maybe they were discriminating.

If they said, "Oh, my mistake, sir. You have a good night now." after asking you a few questions like they probably did, then I'd chalk that up to the police actually doing their job. They saw something suspicious, like someone driving a car that they aren't the owner of, and they stopped a car. Yes, they profiled...they profiled you correctly.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #86
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The tickets are $596 each, so your statement makes no sense. But looking at the rest of your post, you're just a delusional troll.

Mods, can we finally ban this stupid fuck? This clown is just a worthless troll at best.

☐ NOT REKT
☐ REKT
☑ TYRANNOSAURUS REKT
We're not banning him, if you think he's worthless just add him to your ignore list
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 04:23 AM   #87
I subscribe to Revscene

What a preppy or square, probably never broke a rule in his life to find out that they dont always give you the maximum fine for breaking the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Um, no. State-funded lawyers are reserved for those who actually need them. If you got one for some bullshit complaint like this, that might mean some battered mother trying to escape an abusive husband can't get the representation she needs.
Had these three officers not been occupied keeping "ICBC's" interests to charge me money... a women may have been battered from a lack of cops in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
So now you've admitted to willfully breaking the Law, as per the BC Motor Vehicle Act section 3. I guess in your world the law only counts if you think it should?
Do you serve the Queen? These laws against freedom of movement are unlawful.

First question: Was it your own vehicle, or your Mom's vehicle that you racked up multiple no insurance tickets in?
If it was your mom's, than I'd say there is good and probable cause for pulling over that vehicle to confirm it has valid insurance.
If it was your own vehicle, not the one you were driving, I can almost guarantee there was another reason for the stop.
It was my mothers ownership and the police camera & laptops are continually updating (wireless-ly) from the ICBC database.

That would be a 180. I go back to my previous statement. You sir, are an idiot.
no you are.

I will say it again, you have absolutely no idea what you're getting into. You failed to answer my questions last time, but your answer here confirms you don't even know what level of court you would make that challenge in. I have actually challenged the province on a section of the charter of rights and freedoms, and thus I state again with experience: You have NO idea what you're getting into. Since you're so interested in the charter of rights and freedoms, may I suggest that you actually go and read the charter? You see, the right to counsel (a lawyer) is covered under section 10 of the charter of rights and freedoms.
I dont expect to win like you... I just want to rustle some jimmies so that they'll leave me alone.
Maybe I'll call the RCMP and ask how to file a claim against the VPD corporation for charter of rights violations.

The key point, in your case is "on arrest or detention". In your case of challenging the province on a violation of your rights and freedoms, you are not the defendant. You are the plaintiff, not the defendant, and there is nothing in Canadian Law that provides council to a plaintiff. Knowing that you are likely to try and twist the word 'detention' into being stopped at the side of the road for purpose of checking your license and insurance information, I suggest you partake of that 'reading books' activity where you will find that a roadside stop is not 'detention' as described in the charter.
I'll tell the Canadian government that I only understand simple words and seek justice in being profiled. we'll see how much freedom I can squeeze out from Canada's court system.

Lastly, legal aid in BC is provided by the legal services provider. Presuming that you meet their financial guidelines, you'll discover that neither your license ticket nor your challenge to the charter of rights and freedoms falls under the areas legal aid is provided:
Im poor, lets see how far it takes me.

lol, okay coffee break over. Back to work...

-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Borderline retarded.

You should move to Alberta. Love to see you here for "no insurance" - $2300 fine or 45 days in jail.
Big Brother loves you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
that's not exactly what i stated... the charter applies to all Canadians residing in Canada. you are wanting a free lawyer for the purposes of disputing a traffic violation. legal aid is usually reserved for people who make under a certain income bracket, have a risk of jail, etc etc...

there is the UBC Law Students' Legal Advice Program available to you as well. they are completely free and may consider taking on your case if you really feel that you need legal representation to dispute your violation ticket.

I suppose as a last ditch resort you could also take your case to pivot legal society who take on cases for the disenfranchised and downtrodden.

by the way, i don't think you have to go as far as the U.N. human rights counsel in regards to making your application. There is a BC human rights coalition that may be able to assist you if you feel that your rights as a Canadian have been infringed upon.

i look forward to it.
Thanks for those links, I wont attempt to dispute the ticket, just the profiling and even compensation for my PTSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
So when you told them the car is your mother's, did they pull you out of the car and beat you with sticks? If that happened, then maybe they were discriminating.

If they said, "Oh, my mistake, sir. You have a good night now." after asking you a few questions like they probably did, then I'd chalk that up to the police actually doing their job. They saw something suspicious, like someone driving a car that they aren't the owner of, and they stopped a car. Yes, they profiled...they profiled you correctly.
I was reading how cold night drivers that had their window down were target pull overs for police because drunks leave their windows down... but really is this how a free society is run? I cant enjoy keeping my windows down now in-case police might target me? Just me telling you guys that... will create future PTSD for some of you and you can thank the police state for that.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-04-2015 at 04:31 AM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #88
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
I just want to rustle some jimmies so that they'll leave me alone.
But how are they supposed to know who you are before they pull you over genius?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 03-04-2015 at 12:46 PM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #89
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
CiC, it seems like you detest the laws that all citizens abide by. if you feel that these laws are unjust and that you do not need to follow them, just uproot and start residing in another country that meets your standards.
Alby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #90
I subscribe to Revscene

jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #91
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Still can't get over the fact you want to be compensated for PTSD. It must be so traumatic whenever you hear the sirens and lights flashing everywhere from your flashbacks...
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #92
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
I was reading how cold night drivers that had their window down were target pull overs for police because drunks leave their windows down... but really is this how a free society is run? I cant enjoy keeping my windows down now in-case police might target me? Just me telling you guys that... will create future PTSD for some of you and you can thank the police state for that.
If the police target you for having your windows down because you might be drunk? Then good. It'll catch people that are actually drunk. Once they realize you're not drunk, you'll be on your way after a minute or two of stopping at the side of the road. That seems like a small price to pay to get drunk drivers off the roads. If that gives you PTSD, then you're just weird.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #93
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
wait... OP drives without insurance? that gives me PTSD...who do i sue?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #94
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
OP, please.

I'll donate to the kickstarter. hahahaha
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:54 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
CiC, it seems like you detest the laws that all citizens abide by. if you feel that these laws are unjust and that you do not need to follow them, just uproot and start residing in another country that meets your standards.
No no, I kinda like this concept... it means I can beat CiC senseless just because I don't feel like assault laws apply to me.
Quote:
Old 03-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #96
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Alby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:15 AM   #97
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Don't blame the police for doing their job by keeping drunk drivers off the road, blame the people in our society who drink and drive and keeping their windows rolled down. If 15/30 people in a crowd have stolen something... all 30 people will be stopped and searched. If the 15 innocent have nothing to hide, they'll be on their way in seconds.

If you had problems with the police about driving without insurance IN THE SAME vehicle, don't blame them for pulling you over to check if your insurance is valid. You're either pissed because you WILL have something to hide in the future or you just don't understand that it is their job to enforce the law.

It's a free society because we have laws. You keep saying police state, this is nothing like police state. When you have check points at every entrance to Richmond from Vancouver, Burnaby to Surrey, that's police state. Just think about it for a second if police weren't doing their job and have people running around stealing, killing, drinking and driving, etc. You'll find something else to complain about.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #98
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:

Thanks, I will pursue it and keep you guys updated.
I told you it had already been decided that random stops under the motor vehicle act was deemed a reasonable imposition on the charter (was just too lazy to dig out the specific info), you won't have a charter argument but being mad about it is expected and there's nothing wrong with that (since it is an infringement on your rights, just a reasonable one)

as for Legal Aid, the Liberals have decimated it over the years they've been in power that's why you won't get it unless it's a serious case with the possibility of serious jail time
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #99
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Why do you people have so much time to write long replies if you think he's such a troll?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Why do you people have so much time to write long replies if you think he's such a troll?
Because RS.
Quote: