REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #126
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,005
Thanked 17,632 Times in 5,340 Posts
Religion being a "religion" is irrelevant to my points. Having the ability to indoctrinate people has nothing to do with belief in god or whatever else. Nationalism falls in the same category, I just didn't bring it up because it wasn't involved here.

I didn't say anything about "what if religion didn't exist"

You're too busy being offended to even consider the posts you're responding to. I even chose my wording very carefully to make sure I didn't get into a debate about religion itself.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #127
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 238
Thanked 354 Times in 85 Posts
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm often too lazy to explain this sort of thing to narrow-minded people like Skinny, so your comments and the one done by inv4zn in the other stupid christian sacrifice thread started by crackhead Ulic are greatly appreciated.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #128
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 4,193 Times in 1,316 Posts
And in other news, more shooting heard in Paris and police are evacuating people out of certain areas.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #129
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,005
Thanked 17,632 Times in 5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm often too lazy to explain this sort of thing to narrow-minded people like Skinny, so your comments and the one done by inv4zn in the other stupid christian sacrifice thread started by crackhead Ulic are greatly appreciated.
You say I'm narrow minded, yet I'm the only one here asking open minded questions. I've even been very careful with my words not to take too strong of a stance for either side. I'm just trying to get people to respond before continuing to form my own opinion. The problem is, instead of being open minded, I get narrow minded answers like "BLARGH YOU HATE DEH RELIGOUS PEOPEL " and the ball huggers that follow those posts.

If you took the time to consider what's being said, with an open mind, you might have been able to see what I've been getting at here.

If there was a group of 30,000 atheist Germans around the world committing terrorist attacks against anyone who wasn't German would draw the exact same conclusions. Hating anyone because they're not like you fucking sucks. It doesn't matter if the tool you use is Islam or Christianity or any other religion. It doesn't matter if it's because of nationality or socio-economic status. This type of shit needs to stop for humanity to progress.

But yeah, continue to harp about how much I hate religion. Let's just keep going around in circles about that.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #130
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,341
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
you need to know that humans are indeed born with sins (or use the term flaws if the term "sins" so disturb your sensitive heart). As you become a parent, you will start to clearly see that your lovely children will start lying to you and become ever so greedy without anyone teaching them to be that way.
Maybe. Unless they grew up in complete isolation, there's no way to be sure there was zero external influence and they were in fact "born this way"

If an individual is a part of a commune/community, there will always be external influences such as competition for resources and that's where greed comes in...survival of the fittest
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #131
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
So let's see if I've got this straight: a small extremist faction is bombing and killing and maiming and doing all sorts of nasty shit, both at home and abroad, and when their countrymen decide to escape the madness for a better life, they should all be turned away because, well, they might be terrorists themselves because they share the same country and religion, right?

That about cover it?

Spoiler!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #132
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,687
Thanked 730 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
So let's see if I've got this straight: a small extremist faction is bombing and killing and maiming and doing all sorts of nasty shit, both at home and abroad, and when their countrymen decide to escape the madness for a better life, they should all be turned away because, well, they might be terrorists themselves because they share the same country and religion, right?

That about cover it?

Spoiler!
The thing about bigots and racists etc, is that many people respond to them in ways that are not helpful. We should be trying to educate them instead of ignoring them and pushing them away from our lives. My parents are old school (homophobic, somewhat racist etc) and instead of just ignoring them, my siblings and I have slowly brought up viewpoints and they slowly changed their stances over the years. But yes some people are too dense and after attempts to educate them it's just too difficult to change them and they should be unfriended.

Sometimes people don't realize how much of a racist or bigot they are until other people point it out to them or see the other side of the arguments. I've had views and opinions changed many times in my life, which is why I always wish to see different viewpoints and arguments.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #133
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: n zone
Posts: 2,679
Thanked 1,924 Times in 611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
So let's see if I've got this straight: a small extremist faction is bombing and killing and maiming and doing all sorts of nasty shit, both at home and abroad, and when their countrymen decide to escape the madness for a better life, they should all be turned away because, well, they might be terrorists themselves because they share the same country and religion, right?

That about cover it?

Spoiler!
not *might* be terrorists lmfao

as per CNN
Quote:
Hiding among refugees?
Those revelations come as new details about the attackers emerge.

At least one of the terrorists apparently entered the European Union hidden among the wave of refugees arriving on European shores.

European officials believe, CNN's Christiane Amanpour reports, that there is "a very professional new squad of terrorists inserting themselves into some of wthese migrant voyages."

One of three bombers who detonated themselves at the Stade de France late Friday arrived on the Greek island of Leros on October 3 among numerous Syrian refugees, Amanpour reported, citing an unnamed French senator who was briefed by the Ministry of the Interior.

The man declared himself to be Syrian, said his name was Ahmad al Mohammad and was, under new procedures set up to help refugees, issued a new emergency passport or similar document.
brb screaming RACISM and BIGOTRY when their is literally definitive proof that they are hiding amongst refugees lmao

BUT i'm sure its a great idea to compromise or own security and bend over backwards to accommodate these people.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #134
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,532
Thanked 1,659 Times in 843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
So let's see if I've got this straight: a small extremist faction is bombing and killing and maiming and doing all sorts of nasty shit, both at home and abroad, and when their countrymen decide to escape the madness for a better life, they should all be turned away because, well, they might be terrorists themselves because they share the same country and religion, right?

That about cover it?

Spoiler!
How do you know the refugee we are bringing in isn't part of the " small extremist faction is bombing and killing and maiming and doing all sorts of nasty shit, both at home and abroad." Can you 100% guarantee all the refugee are safe and is no threat to Canada and doesn't pose a security thread?

We have to bring in 25k refugee by end of year. There is no way to possible run all the security checks to make sure they are safe.
https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...tering-the-us/ and I qoute " FBI director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing on Wednesday that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be allowed to come to the U.S." If the FBI admits they can't run all the security checks to ensure 10k refugee they bring in is no thread, how can we Canada ensure all 25k refugee we bring in are no thread to Canadians. We have less man power than the states, we are not as good as gathering inel as the US.

Back in those country there are hardly any records of personal info. If we can't determine if they are the "small extremist faction is bombing and killing and maiming and doing all sorts of nasty shit, both at home and abroad" or the "same no thread citizen" we are putting our own citizens at risk.

Why are we putting our citizens at risk when other countries who shares the same boarders with these refugee's countries refuse to let them in? Why is European nations tightening its restriction on refugees?
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #135
Performance Moderator
 
68style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,806
Thanked 3,378 Times in 955 Posts
^
Dude how many people enter Canada every single day from land, sea and air? How do we guarantee all those people don't have ill intent (with far less checking and random inspection I might add)?

Don't be stupid.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #136
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,605
Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
I really wonder about those who are complaining about the Syrian refugees coming to Canada had family immigrate to Canada as well? I know my family came here from eastern Europe after the end of WW2 and I'm so very thankful they had the opportunity. One thing that Makes Canada great is our multiculturalism and our willing to give people that have nothing the ability to come to a country to be able to live in equal freedom and peace. It really makes me sad seeing all of this hate and racism, thats not the mind frame that built Canada and helped make us one of the best countries on planet Earth.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #137
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,323
Thanked 1,696 Times in 424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
So those saying we need to stop allowing the refugees for security concerns? Shall we close the borders? Shall we start sending previously landed immigrants back based on their religion due to heightened probability of a terrorist attack from them?
What exactly is it that will make you happy?
For how many immigrants or first generation Canadians there are on here, there sure is a lot of fucking entitlement to YOUR personal country. Take a look at how you and so many of your friends and family ended up here, wether it was 10, or 100 years ago.
I come from a country where 200 people are murdered every. fucking. day. Violence is rampant. My family came in legally and passed through all the proper security checks, because there are a ton of people in Brazil that will fuck you up if given the chance.

So why take the chance? Do the proper checks, help out people who are considered low risk, and it's all fine and dandy.

Edit: Or don't. Start letting Brazilians in indiscriminately, and those little gang wars in Surrey will look like kids playing cops and robbers.

That's the real risk.
__________________
Have an E38? Check out E38Registry.org!

http://www.e38registry.org/

Last edited by Mr.C; 11-15-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #138
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 3,692
Thanked 1,854 Times in 585 Posts
I simply do not trust people who display an inability or unwillingness to take a step back from their beliefs in the face of overwhelming fact. People of all religions, modern feminists, truthers, people who believe in ghosts/ouija boards/alien visitation, etc. - they all display irrational thought to some degree. Under the right circumstances, irrational thought can turn to dangerous levels, much like you see with these terrorists. If being distrustful of people who exhibit unshakeable irrational beliefs, from the clueless university social justice warrior to the ISIS sympathiser, makes me a bigot and not someone exercising common sense, then so be it.

Study finds religion actually tends to make kids less generous
Study finds religion actually tends to make kids less generous - ScienceAlert
Spoiler!
__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #139
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 238
Thanked 354 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You say I'm narrow minded, yet I'm the only one here asking open minded questions. I've even been very careful with my words not to take too strong of a stance for either side. I'm just trying to get people to respond before continuing to form my own opinion. The problem is, instead of being open minded, I get narrow minded answers like "BLARGH YOU HATE DEH RELIGOUS PEOPEL " and the ball huggers that follow those posts.

If you took the time to consider what's being said, with an open mind, you might have been able to see what I've been getting at here.

If there was a group of 30,000 atheist Germans around the world committing terrorist attacks against anyone who wasn't German would draw the exact same conclusions. Hating anyone because they're not like you fucking sucks. It doesn't matter if the tool you use is Islam or Christianity or any other religion. It doesn't matter if it's because of nationality or socio-economic status. This type of shit needs to stop for humanity to progress.

But yeah, continue to harp about how much I hate religion. Let's just keep going around in circles about that.
Your question is pointless, and perhaps open-ended at best, not to mention your track record of trashing religions in various threads. The question you posed leads nowhere on an online forum like this as you could tell with bunch of moronic replies whenever the topic of religion is involved.

"Hating anyone because they're not like you fucking sucks."

Exactly, you said it right there, and it ends there. Whatever you want to discuss leads nowhere. Religions will continue to exist. They will bring hope to many but will lead certain people astray. I don't need to harp about how much you hate religion. You reek of hatred towards religion .
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #140
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
JHatta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: richmond
Posts: 1,626
Thanked 362 Times in 124 Posts
France just bombed ISIS stronghold

French jets bomb Syria in the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa - CNN.com

Spoiler!



Also, saw this picture on Reddit: A picture inside one of the hospitals in Paris.



Crazy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
More than half of the problem is stupidity, not malice.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #141
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,380
Thanked 3,813 Times in 1,742 Posts
I wonder if any country will be willing to put boots on the ground.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #142
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,532
Thanked 1,659 Times in 843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^
Dude how many people enter Canada every single day from land, sea and air? How do we guarantee all those people don't have ill intent (with far less checking and random inspection I might add)?

Don't be stupid.
What who are screen properly, ppl who have a legal background back in their home country that can be track be. Ever wonder why is so difficult for certain countries to apply Visa to Canada? Is for security.

We can lower our risk by limiting the number of people from high risk country in and do a more through security check. Blindly accepting 25k refugee when you can't even screen legitimate people who apply to immigrant to Canada legally is just stupid.

All the nearby countries isn't accepting any refugee is there something they know that we aren't aware? Why is all the European countries tighting their policy on refugee? Is it possible they too can't tell if the refugee actually trying to start a better life or they are terrorist simply trying to cause chaos. Why should we put our citizen at risk when we fully know the 25k refugee coming in won't be properly screen for security, or health? When we have the chance now to stop this from happening.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 11-15-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #143
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,687
Thanked 730 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
All I'm saying is, the title is misleading.

I don't know what ya'll interpreted as.

Bombings, killings, etc. all over the middle east yet nobody gives a rats ass. Some hostage take over gets put on mainstream media and everyone finds it interesting to discuss about. Needless to say, RIP to those in Paris.
As others have posted, it's because many of us have been to Paris and can relate to it easier.

Also, most of us wake up everyday knowing that there's a small chance we might die in a car accident, get hit crossing the street etc. We can accept that. We can't accept thinking that we might get bombed going to see a concert or eating at our favorite restaurants. And we certainly don't want it to be the norm like in other countries. Hence that's why people are discussing it.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #144
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
nsmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 1,656
Thanked 1,828 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
What who are screen properly, ppl who have a legal background back in their home country that can be track be. Ever wonder why is so difficult for certain countries to apply Visa to Canada? Is for security.

We can lower our risk by limiting the number of people from high risk country in and do a more through security check. Blindly accepting 25k refugee when you can't even screen legitimate people who apply to immigrant to Canada legally is just stupid.

All the nearby countries isn't accepting any refugee is there something they know that we aren't aware? Why is all the European countries tighting their policy on refugee? Is it possible they too can't tell if the refugee actually trying to start a better life or they are terrorist simply trying to cause chaos. Why should we put our citizen at risk when we fully know the 25k refugee coming in won't be properly screen for security, or health? When we have the chance now to stop this from happening.

nice english dude, fuckin lol'd

how long have u been in canada?
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #145
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,731
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
the whole letting 25k people in over 6 weeks also makes an absolute sham out of the people who are legitimately trying to immigrate to this country.

There was a story not too long ago of a man who owned a shwarma place, might have been downtown, cant remember. Anyways, the guy has moved here, established a successful business, built up roots, and has been trying for the last 2 years to bring at least portions of his family over to Canada.

So a guy, who has legally migrated to Canada, worked his ASS off to make something of himself, and has taken all the proper avenues in order to bring his family over here has been in limbo for 2 years to bring a wife and young children over to Canada

Yet.. we are willing to bring people, who in a lot of cases have absolutely no legitimate background records, coming from war torn areas known to willingly harbor 'extremists' and essentially open the gates for them, providing housing, social assistance, health care, etc. etc.

in SIX WEEKS NO LESS?

Jesus.. some people here sure are short sighted in their views.. Bleeding hearts claiming racism and bigotry over a call to judgement on having arguably the highest risk refugee's ever seen by the world basically skip all proper forms of emigration and be awarded a passport on arrival?

Yes, Canada is a melting pot of cultures and peoples, and thats whats makes it so great. But as i said on the last page, this scenario is unlike one there has ever been.

I know plenty of immigrants, and I myself am basically a 3rd generation Canadian on my fathers side. However, of all the immigrants i know, or am a part of. None have came to Canada this way. Not one person who ever came here from elsewhere and made something of themselves who i know was given a free pass. They scraped tooth and nail to become a Canadian citizen, worked harder than most people will ever know, and are PROUD of what they did and what they have become.

PROUD to be a Canadian.

Hand out free passes like it's a playland ride and healthcare to some guy who got on a boat to Europe because they knew hand-outs awaited them there? fuckk...

Scary times.
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #146
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,351
Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
There's a difference between refugees and regular immigrants: we let refugees in on an expedited basis because we have reason to believe that they would face persecution or murder in their home countries. When it comes to refugees, it's a matter of life or death. The international community recognized long ago that refugees are particular cases that require special attention. Canada lets in far more immigrants under the regular streams than it does under the refugee stream. Many of the young men who have walked across Europe are looking for a better life, but if they had remained in Syria, they would have likely faced two choices - death, or joining ISIS. What would you prefer?

HappySlip:
The reason why Europe is "closing their borders" is because most European countries have integration issues rooted in historical xenophobia. Most immigrants live in ghettos and are not fully participating members of European societies (unless they're athletes). Canada does a far better job of integrating immigrants. Sure there are ethnic enclaves here, but most immigrants have a reasonable chance of success if they work hard and decide to become active in the wider community.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #147
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
I think Mr.Trudeau is going to have a wake up call real soon if he keeps going with the 25,000 refugee policy. Clearly being a "peoples PM" is clouding his judgement. #prayforcanada
If French intel can't screen these folk, I highly doubt CSIS can do any better.
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #148
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Hehe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YVR/TPE
Posts: 2,953
Thanked 1,384 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post


Also, saw this picture on Reddit: A picture inside one of the hospitals in Paris.


Crazy.
One thing I always wonder, in events like this, who pay the medical bill?

I can't imagine they billing the victims afterwards, but someone has to pay for all that and I'm sure all those emergency trauma treatments aren't cheap.
__________________
Nothing for now
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #149
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,731
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
One thing that has never added up for me is what exactly is ISIS? Or the so-called group of this Islamic state extremists?

I've watched a few documentaries, read lots on the subject and the exact number or identity of the group is always so shrouded I do not know what to think.

Earlier estimates had "ISIS" pegged at approx 30-100,000 individuals. More recent numbers seem to be closer to 300,000.

While most news outlets will take a biased stance on the subject the majority of them seem to always describe Isis as this singular entity. They talk about them like they are this churning machine "Isis is making billions off oil sales" "Isis is funding their recruitment and armourment" "Isis has resources and liquidity"

Some of the best run organizations in the world, operating in the most ideal situations possible, have trouble with the logistics and planning of the movement and delivery of a singular product. Yet I'm suppose to buy into the fact that some guys on humvees have the business of terrorism down to a well oiled machine? Hmm.. I don't know..

I'd say that it's fairly clear the individuals or groups involved in the terror attacks are small cells of the larger body acting almost strictly within themselves. They do not have "orders" from the higher ups, they have not received directives from other parties. They form plans and act on their own accord. Which in a lot of ways is what makes this whole thing that much scarier. There are not transmissions to intercept. There are not people coming from far away who are flagged prior.

So, if the majority of attacks are done by these cells, and there are approx 300,000 members basically running free shot over Syria etc and "forcing" these people to leave, this isn't somthing that can be handled via military force?

Obviously the general public will never be let into the intimate details, however just on the surface I beleive there is far more out there than the public has any idea.

A big thing for me is Russia's involvement. Yes, they seemingly have personal interests in the regions and the groups involved, however as has been well documented, over the past few months Russia has been bombing the fuck out of the region. Cruise missiles from sea like the one that fell into Iran are bombarding the hot areas.

U.S. Media seems to bring it up with a negative spin, however Obama and others seem to stay tight lipped, almost as to say, go ahead, keep doing it so we don't have to get our hands dirty and see where it takes us.

It's all very confusing and in the dark to me, and I've read and learned quite a bit on it and almost everything to do with it is an unknown
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #150
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,380
Thanked 3,813 Times in 1,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
One thing I always wonder, in events like this, who pay the medical bill?

I can't imagine they billing the victims afterwards, but someone has to pay for all that and I'm sure all those emergency trauma treatments aren't cheap.
They have government funded healthcare like Canada.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net