REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #301
My homepage has been set to RS

I think our new place in west Kelowna doesn't even have telus fibre yet
Advertisement
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #302
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

My Shaw contract is ending next month. Gonna ditch cable, looking for a good internet deal!
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #303
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
If anyone is looking for, or just has straight internet with Telus (fiber or not) we have a promotion on right now for our PIK TV, essentially an android box that has a handful of TELUS Optik channels built in of your choice.

You can get HBO, TSN, etc. sales have been shit so were essentially giving it away for free right now, it’s like $20 one time fee for the hardware that’s yours forever, then the service is free for 6 months and $5 a month after that. Excellent opportunity for people who only have 1 TV or just want sports etc.

I’ll post more of the pricing breakdown later today but hit me up if you’re interested. For brand new customers you’re probably looking at about $80 a month for HS50 or 75 and the Pik TV service.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #304
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
How much is it per premium channel for pik?
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #305
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There hasnt been much luck with saving people money switching to Telus from Shaw recently, however there is a deal ongoing right now that you may be able to save some dough as a student:

"post-secondary students with a valid student ID are eligible for promotional pricing on TELUS Internet for 8 months, with the first month free. No term contract is required. This offer is also stackable with the Pik TV add-on"

Eligible for both fiber and copper services. Internet 25 would probably be about $35 a month on this deal

Hit me up if interested and i could refer you, as i dont think these deals are available online yet
Does this applies to existing customer.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #306

for existing customers id try to log in and see if you can apply it under your account, i have a feeling only new customers are eligible though.

For the Premium PikTV channels i beleive it's channel dependant, HBO is either $8 or $10 i believe

info (aside from pricing) on channels here:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/channels
Old 09-20-2018, 12:05 AM   #307
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Does this applies to existing customer.
Existing customers are eligible
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #308
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Can you login piktv using the app?
Also how much to just buy the piktv box instead of renting for $5-$10 a month?
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #309

You can use the PIK TV app and watch all the channels you have with PIk anytime on your phone as well as on demand content.

Right now the PiK TV is $25 total, one time fee. It’s being rebated $75 right now. The monthly payment is for the channels you choose, once you’ve purchased the PIK TV it’s yoirs forever. However if you leave Telus you lose the ability to watch the channels obviously and it’s only use is the android box portion of it.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:43 PM   #310
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
We're moving to Langley and we called Telus to get our cable/internet moved and they said they don't have any service at all in Langley, wtf?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #311

Also if anyone is interested in the Telus BOOST we’ve been pushing it’s actually a pretty decent product.

For those unfamiliar with the tech, these nodes create a “mesh network” a singular SSID broadcast from two different points. When your signal drops below a certain level the device seemlessly connects to the next boost to extend the range of your Wi-Fi network.

TELUS essentially copied Google WiFi which is $400+ for their 3 puck system. We offer this 2 puck starter pack for $120 or on monthly installments. Also a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn’t work out for you.

If you have decent speeds (50+) and are still having WiFi issues this could be a good solution that is reasonably inexpensive

If anyone is interested hit me up and I can have the kit mailed out to you within a day or so
Old 09-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #312
Banned By Establishment

Do you have to be with Telus to buy it or could anyone buy the kit?
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #313
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Not a bad price for a mesh setup. Does it have to use the Telus modem/router/AP or can it work with any setup?

I think Asus also has their own firmware update (AiMesh) that allows a lot of their relatively current routers to act as mesh AP's if you've already got an Asus router or two kicking around.

I should be getting my PureFibre 300/300 setup this Saturday thanks to Hondaracer. (unless of course Shaw decides to give me an offer I can't refuse)
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:02 PM   #314
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Also if anyone is interested in the Telus BOOST we’ve been pushing it’s actually a pretty decent product.

For those unfamiliar with the tech, these nodes create a “mesh network” a singular SSID broadcast from two different points. When your signal drops below a certain level the device seemlessly connects to the next boost to extend the range of your Wi-Fi network.

TELUS essentially copied Google WiFi which is $400+ for their 3 puck system. We offer this 2 puck starter pack for $120 or on monthly installments. Also a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn’t work out for you.

If you have decent speeds (50+) and are still having WiFi issues this could be a good solution that is reasonably inexpensive

If anyone is interested hit me up and I can have the kit mailed out to you within a day or so

RS Group Buy?

RS Member/Telus Employee discount?

If you can get the price to $65/unit - interested.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #315

Not gonna be possible most likely. The pricing is already our “promo” pricing as is.

And technically you can use them without being on a Telus network. However the Telus customer “My WiFi app” is what you use to set it up initially and control it going forward. I’m sure using it on a different network you’d get most of the functionality but couldn’t guarantee the troubleshooting etc which you may lose by not having the app. You could also login to the GUI and set things up that way
Old 09-27-2018, 05:44 PM   #316
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Data on the pik burned or waived on optik? How many piks can be used on one account?
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #317

Only 1 PIK as it’s made to be an alternative to optic for people with just high speed service. More than one box you’re kinda forced to go with Optik.

When you are watching your “channels” the data does not count, however using YouTube, Netflix etc still counts towards the cap. We offer unlimited data now though for $5 a month and you May be able to swing getting it comped upon sign up.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #318

PIK TV Promo has been extended, so you can get it for $5 a month and $0 a month for the first 3 with an internet subscription (new or existing customer)

There's also some decent deals being tossed around that arent on the site ($80 for the first 6 months TV HS75 and Internet Pick 6 theme packs) and then approx $140 a month thereafter, so Telus pricing is attempting to be on par with Shaw.

Hit me up if interested, may be able to get a free BOOST tossed in on top of any sign up for Internet or TV + Internet

Also some promos for Existing customers getting 1GB of extra cellular data for free if you have services bundled with your cellular services.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #319

Up to $500 credit on 2 year terms now with TV/internet packages.

Also recently changed the model of 4K TV were giving away, a little bit better than before.

If anyone is interested hit me up, worst case we can’t save you money and stick with your current setup. We are also doing home security now if anyone is interested, a decent product, completely wireless
Old 11-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #320
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

tsp
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #321

its more like metrics to meet referral numbers :/
Old 11-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #322
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

sounds interesting, a lesson i have learned every time i screw around with "better deals" and cheaper i seem to get the raw end of the stick from Telus.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:16 AM   #323
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Up to $500 credit on 2 year terms now with TV/internet packages.

Also recently changed the model of 4K TV were giving away, a little bit better than before.

If anyone is interested hit me up, worst case we can’t save you money and stick with your current setup. We are also doing home security now if anyone is interested, a decent product, completely wireless

Any current deals Hondaracer? Existing Telus user still waiting for fibre in neighborhood.
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira112 View Post
Any current deals Hondaracer? Existing Telus user still waiting for fibre in neighborhood.
If Fiber is coming in the next few months you’re always better off waiting to re-up on an agreement once the Fiber is in place because they obviously want everyone on the new infrastructure. It will almost certainly come with a full hardware upgrade and most likely a speed upgrade at the current cost or cheaper than what you’re paying now.

Black Friday deals are still in place until January first with promo pricing for the full two year term on internet service and 6 months on Tv service.

I layed this out for another member who Pmed me but I will explain it here as well so everyone else can be on the same page

I know everyone wants to pay the same cost for the full two year term. However, that’s almost never the best way to save money. The way you usually pay the same cost for the entire agreement is when you take the free gift, ie. TV, google home, etc.

They then figure Ok you got the Tv so now your TV and internet will be $160/month for the full two years.

However, when you take the promo pricing or any sort of break on the pricing, I know it’s annoying when it changes to the higher rate, however the long term savings are -always- better. Instead of getting say a $700 Tv most of the time you stand to save 700/800/900 over the term of the contract.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #325
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
If anyone using Novus just call in and said you got a special deal from Telus or Shaw. There is some special promo.

Edit: There is currently a new speical promo from Novus for Internet 100 or Internet100 + Cable. Just call and ask about it.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 01-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote