REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #3851

for someone who seems to know little about hockey, you sure try sound like an expert
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #3852
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
for someone who seems to know little about hockey, you sure try sound like an expert
Nah, bro. I'm an amateur. -played one year as a winger in the VACHL. It was a fun time but all good things come to an end.

I am no armchair GM by any means.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #3853
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Any smart NHL GM who makes trades for good players, not including Dim Jim in this category, might consider trading Nolan Patrick for a decent player. He can be trade bait.

I just don't see Dim Jim having the hockey IQ to consider a trade option involving a draft pick.
Are you discussing Nolan Patrick the potential 1st overall pick, or in the past tense as if he has been selected with the 1st overall pick? Plenty of GMs trade picks ahead of drafting, but they rarely trade a drafted player before the start of the next season. Moving the pick would be easier.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #3854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Are you discussing Nolan Patrick the potential 1st overall pick, or in the past tense as if he has been selected with the 1st overall pick? Plenty of GMs trade picks ahead of drafting, but they rarely trade a drafted player before the start of the next season. Moving the pick would be easier.
I was discussing the possibility of trading a drafted player before the start of the next season.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #3855
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
I am no armchair GM by any means.
No need to be ashamed of that if you are. We all are here in this thread. We're just waiting for a call from Aquilini to join the organization in a special advisor role.

Wear it like a badge of honour lol
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #3856
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
No need to be ashamed of that if you are. We all are here in this thread. We're just waiting for a call from Aquilini to join the organization in a special advisor role.

Wear it like a badge of honour lol
I'm waiting for the call to be the PP guy.
Score a goal!!!

Just like how Monty Burns was a manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #3857
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I'm waiting for the call to be the PP guy.
Score a goal!!!

Just like how Monty Burns was a manager.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-FcxlEMaw
Damn that clip brought back some good memories. Definitely in the top 3 for GOAT Simpsons episodes lol
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:50 AM   #3858

Luongo's latest tweet about the Caps and Pens game last night

@Strombone1
I'm watching this pens-caps 7-7 game in the fetal position.......
Old 01-17-2017, 05:13 AM   #3859
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Caps vs Pens last night was epic!
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 AM   #3860
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol that 2nd period was something

meanwhile, the Canucks struggle to get 1 shot on a PP these days
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #3861

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
lol that 2nd period was something

meanwhile, the Canucks struggle to get 1 shot on a PP these days
The offensive firepower of the Pens and Caps is very impressive.

A car analogy that I use for those two teams' offence compared to the Canucks is a LaFerrari in a circuit race on a track against a used Civic with duct tape holding up the broken exterior and interior.

WD is driving that piece of shit while Jeremy Clarkson is driving the LaFerrari. Clarkson is beating WD easily in the race.

It's simply no contest in terms of lap time, power, and handling.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-17-2017 at 08:32 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #3862
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

A car analogy that I use for those two teams' offence compared to the Canucks is a LaFerrari in a circuit race on a track against a used Civic with duct tape holding up the broken exterior and interior.

WD is driving that piece of shit while Jeremy Clarkson is driving the LaFerrari. Clarkson is beating WD easily in the race.

I'm not so sure Mike Sullivan and Barry Trotz would appreciate being compared to an amateur like Jeremy Clarkson. These are, after all, NHL coaches with many years of experience.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #3863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
I'm not so sure Mike Sullivan and Barry Trotz would appreciate being compared to an amateur like Jeremy Clarkson. These are, after all, NHL coaches with many years of experience.
My apologies to Trotz and Sullivan. Clarkson was the only guy I could think in terms of drivers off the top of my head.

Sebastian Vettel or Kimi Raikkonen drive that LaFerrari as an analogy for the Pens and Caps offence compared to the beater civic that WD is driving.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #3864

Rodin out indefinitely because he re-aggravated knee injury on Jan 6

Of course Willie still dressed him on the 7th to keep benches warm.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #3865
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:

WD isn't driving a piece of shit. He's driving a "tank" with lots of firepower! if you know what i mean.... haha
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #3866
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Hutton is out 3-6 weeks. Should really give Subban a chance. But knowing dumbass Willie... He will call someone else.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #3867

Tanev - Sbisa
Edler - Stecher
Biega - Tryamkin
Pedan

(Hutton, Larsen, Gudbransen out with injuries)

...i sometimes forget Larsen still plays for the team, that's how irrelevant he's been this year.

lol i highly doubt we'll see Subban in a Canucks jersey, if ever. Another injury to a dman and Subban MIGHT get called up but he definitely won't see ice unless there are at least two more defense injury
Old 01-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #3868
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Is it just me, or should Subban have been called up instead of Biega? Biega kinda sucks..... real bad
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #3869

the knock on Subban is apparently he can't play d for the life of him but produces pretty good offense in the A

at this point, i'd bring him in and slot him in the pp just for shiggles, or at least work Tryamkin into a net front presence a-la Chara...you know, the kind of radical things you'd normally try to tweak when you're a functioning, thinking human being and things aren't working out after the umpteenth time.

Willie seems like a good guy and all but i swear to god if i run across him in the streets and he tells it to my face that he thinks the powerplay is real good with the current personnel and strategy, I'd risk assault just to punch him in the throat.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #3870
My homepage has been set to RS

Does anyone what the hell happened with Cole Cassels and his development? The kid had a monster 2014/2015 season in Oshawa, won the Memorial Cup, was a beast in the playoffs with 31 points in 21 games. Could play an excellent 2-way game.

He's now played nearly 100 games in the AHL and has 12 points. How do you fall off that badly, that quickly?
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #3871
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Subban should be called up and showcased. Bet you anything, he's going traded. Stetcher has overtaken his spot imo.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #3872

I'm surprised Willie hasn't called up Cassels yet. He's exactly the kind of player Willie loves.
Does nothing, just exists to take up a roster spot.

Side note, I took a look at the Comets' roster and current season stats...god damn, it's depressing in there. Travis Green deserves some kind of award for not blowing his brains out yet.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #3873

the funny thing with people saying willie is actually doing a stealth tank is that he isn't actually trying to tank this team. In his mind he is trying to put the best possible line up out there to win games. He is deploying and setting up his pp to win games. This legit is how shit of a coach he is. By him trying to actually win games with the current roster, line combos and strategies he is making us fans think he is tanking lol....
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #3874

boucher is in and megna out with the flu thank god!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #3875
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Is it just me, or should Subban have been called up instead of Biega? Biega kinda sucks..... real bad
Pretty sure biega is in for the sole purpose of the expansion draft this summer. Needs games to qualify or something along those lines.