REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #4001

did you watch the goal? he wasn't in the crease. he was on the outside of the faceoff circle. you going on about impeding in the crease made your whole argument invalid. toews went in for what he thought was going to be a dump around that ended up turning into a bounce straight to his stick. youre a retard if you think he could of impeded it

also why are you throwing vachl around, is it supposed to give you hockey guru status?
I'm sure theres others on here that have played at least bchl, chl but they don't go on about it in their posts for cred
Advertisement

Last edited by dbaz; 01-23-2017 at 11:35 AM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #4002
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
did you watch the goal? he wasn't in the crease. he was on the outside of the faceoff circle. you going on about impeding in the crease made your whole argument invalid. toews went in for what he thought was going to be a dump around that ended up turning into a bounce straight to his stick. youre a retard if you think he could of impeded it
To be fair, it wasn't a dump in but a set play by the Hawks.
Home team advantage knowing the boards and the rink.
My only issue with Stecher on that play was that he was looking the wrong way and didn't recognize Toews as being a threat.
Instead of shooting on the short side, the shot could easily have been a low shot to the blocker side and the rebound would have ended up in the similar place and Toews coming in wide was in the perfect position for the rebound.
This is something they teach in minor hockey and it wasn't the first time Stecher was caught looking the wrong way and not recognizing the threat.
This may be a function of him playing more minutes than he is ready for given all the injuries the Nucks have had this year.

I do love the way he looks on the point and it was a great play on his part to keep the puck in the zone which lead to his PP goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #4003
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:

So you are saying that a defenceman cannot try to follow Toews as that player is going for the puck after a dump in?
Old 01-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #4004

you play inside the dots on rushes (except when the player you have, has the puck) and youd want the forward coming back in that situation to go towards the corner. 1d infront of the net is important
Old 01-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #4005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
To be fair, it wasn't a dump in but a set play by the Hawks.
Home team advantage knowing the boards and the rink.
id completely agree on it being a set play if it was keith, hossa etc. but it was panik, fired wide and then the live boards they have. but yea toews on the other hand, knowing about the potential of that bounce, didn't full commit to the corner and it paid off

Last edited by dbaz; 01-23-2017 at 10:00 PM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #4006
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
umm you cant blame stetcher for that goal at all lol. he played it right. think most people were extremely surprised that puck was able to stay flat until it bounced off the boards due to the horrible ice conditions there last night due to previous bulls game and a unusually warm day in jan for chicago.
The ice surface plays a huge role in how the game can be played. I have to sharpen my skates differently in the winter vs the spring because of the density of the ice and how the steel reacts to it. Not to mention the puck which MUST be frozen prior to the start of the game. If not, it bounces around like a tennis ball and becomes incredibly difficult to handle.

Toews first goal shows the amazing skill that he possesses. The toe drag was silky, and the shot was just plain filthy. So sick. His go ahead goal showed his hockey knowledge. If you look at how he adjusts his angle based on the angle of the shooter. He played the rebound perfectly. But props to Panek for his play. I'm pretty sure he meant to bank it off the back boards for Toews. That's why the Hawks are a world class team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
What did I expect from Stecher?? How about some effort on the play?
Is that too much to ask even from a rookie d-man?
Defense is the most challenging position in hockey to play. Center needs to know the whole ice, while the wingers are there to slap in pucks. The goalie knows his job, it's all about the angles. But the defense needs to be able to read plays (and minds) in a split second. They have to quarterback the breakout, hold the line, and see what others may not see. Most defensemen don't come into their own until their mid-late 20's. To have this kid come in and do what he's done is amaze-balls. He could be a Karlsson type d-man in a few years, and that is exciting.

Quote:
No, I do not expect Stecher to stop Toews on that play. If he showed some effort in getting at least into a position to impede the Chicago captain, good for the kid.
Look at the videos of the play and see how many options Panek has. He has Hartman coming in with the back side support, and Toews slowing his roll in the left faceoff circle. That's a potential for two pass options or a shot. It was a 3on3 at speed, and they went with the craziest play they could.

Quote:
Yeah, I actually played ice hockey on an amateur level. VACHL is light years below the NHL level in every facet of the game but at least I played a few years as a winger. A fan of the Canucks since I was first watched a game at the Pacific Coliseum at the age of 6 during the 1980s.
I still play the game regularly, and also coach minor hockey. Our team just finished the regular season in 3rd place out o 38 teams. The last high level game I played was against a group of current UBC kids in an Xmas eve tournament. I am also on the Canucks alumni backup goaltender list. Even with my experience I'm humbled by friends who have devoted 40+ years of their lives to the sport. They have taught me so much about the game, and it's changed everything for me.

Quote:
"Fair weather" fan.

I have seen some opposing defencemen show the effort in getting position, in front of forwards to stop them from getting close to the goalie crease or tie up the opposition's stick with their own stick. Heck, I've seen nasty crosschecks from d-man on opposing forwards in that league. -Crosschecks that would warrant a suspension in the VACHL but I guarantee you that forward did not score a goal after that crosscheck.

Intricacies of the game.
All I can say about this is that you aren't going to catch Toews in that play, nor are you going to shut them down with any sort of forecheck. If I had to lay blame, I would lay it on Miller for his delay in getting across the crease. But honestly, that wouldn't be fair to him.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #4007
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,830 Times in 877 Posts
Quote:
I have seen some opposing defencemen show the effort in getting position, in front of forwards to stop them from getting close to the goalie crease or tie up the opposition's stick with their own stick. Heck, I've seen nasty crosschecks from d-man on opposing forwards in that league. -Crosschecks that would warrant a suspension in the VACHL but I guarantee you that forward did not score a goal after that crosscheck.

Intricacies of the game.
I dont think the troll face is what you think it means
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #4008
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
What did I expect from Stecher?? How about some effort on the play?
Is that too much to ask even from a rookie d-man?

No, I do not expect Stecher to stop Toews on that play. If he showed some effort in getting at least into a position to impede the Chicago captain, good for the kid.

Yeah, I actually played ice hockey on an amateur level. VACHL is light years below the NHL level in every facet of the game but at least I played a few years as a winger. A fan of the Canucks since I was first watched a game at the Pacific Coliseum at the age of 6 during the 1980s.

"Fair weather" fan.

Intricacies of the game.
Then stop comparing VACHL to the NHL.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #4009
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Then stop comparing VACHL to the NHL.
Yes, I admit that I am an amateur when it comes to hockey skill and knowledge.

originalhypa, you're the man. -completely humbled by your post yesterday about your knowledge of the intricacies of ice hockey and your experience in playing the game.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-24-2017 at 08:24 AM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #4010
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

originalhypa, you're the man. -completely humbled by your post yesterday about your knowledge of the intricacies of ice hockey and your experience in playing the game.

You should be in the NHL.
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #4011

demkos pads for save of the day foundation. hope he actually gets to play Saturday, but bachmans killing it right now

Old 01-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #4012
God of Unce

Sick
Old 01-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #4013
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
^
Demko's Brians pads look so good. I have to channel my inner hockey Timpo here and post some Demko steez.

The kid has had style for years. Good to see the new generation using color in their gear again.

Quote:

Oh man, we're all amateurs here. Although I still think we're collectively smarter than Dave Pratt.
Also, sarcasm doesn't translate well to forums. But that's okay, because I choose to believe that you were being honest. I am the man. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #4014
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 01-24-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #4015
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #4016
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #4017

RS always delivers

Old 01-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #4018

Henrik on 1040 today, said the way they are feeling they are considering another contract after this one
Old 01-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #4019

when they asked him whether they'd consider playing anywhere else, to which he said no

Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 PM   #4020

^ yep and also confirmed that Virtanen basically thought he had it made when he got to the nhl. said he needs to learn how to be professional in the ahl first
Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #4021
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
^ yep and also confirmed that Virtanen basically thought he had it made when he got to the nhl. said he needs to learn how to be professional in the ahl first
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2017, 02:06 AM   #4022
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Virtanen's a bust. Fuck it. You can't teach attitude.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:53 AM   #4023
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Virtanen's a bust. Fuck it. You can't teach attitude.
I hope you're wrong, as it could set this team back big time. Our cupboards are already light!
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #4024
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
if he does end up becoming a bust i'm sure the Canucks are used to that happening by now
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #4025
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Who confirmed that? If it was Henrik, I'm surprised he would call out a teammate like that... But I guess as a veteran, and captain, he's earned that right.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote