REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #4401

wonder if anah would throw in Larsson/Ritchie if a team took bieksa and bernier
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #4402
Need my Daily Fix of RS

What is the point of having contracts with no trade or no movement clauses if they are asked to waive them? It doesn't look good for the team or city to attract new players if they are going ship them out a few years into their contract or on expiring contracts.

Those of you have to understand that these players have lives outside of the rink and they sign these contracts to give them stability to stay with their families. Look at Hansen who has two young twins at home and have to leave them to play for another team if he gets traded. Would you do that for your work?
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #4403
God of Unce

inb4 disappointment
Old 02-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #4404
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx10 View Post
What is the point of having contracts with no trade or no movement clauses if they are asked to waive them? It doesn't look good for the team or city to attract new players if they are going ship them out a few years into their contract or on expiring contracts.

Those of you have to understand that these players have lives outside of the rink and they sign these contracts to give them stability to stay with their families. Look at Hansen who has two young twins at home and have to leave them to play for another team if he gets traded. Would you do that for your work?
Topic has been beaten to death every trade deadline.

It's part of the business.
And hell yeah I'd do it for work. Though I probably wouldn't get married/settle down until after my playing career is over/close to winding down.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #4405
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Topic has been beaten to death every trade deadline.

It's part of the business.
And hell yeah I'd do it for work. Though I probably wouldn't get married/settle down until after my playing career is over/close to winding down.
LOL if your guys like Jeff Carter or Patrick Kane then just show me the money!!!!
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #4406
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Dont fire Benning, have him step down as our head scout
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #4407

car trades ron hainsey 50% retained to pitt for a 2nd and an ahler.

Last edited by dbaz; 02-23-2017 at 08:18 AM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #4408

man that's a steep price for a veteran dman on the decline

the need is there with Daley injured but damn

Carolina now has 3 2nd round picks in this year's draft
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #4409
My homepage has been set to RS

time for benning to start wheeling and dealing lol.....
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #4410
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
If I was Jim Rutherford I would have trouble sleeping after giving up a 2nd + for Hainsey when Calgary just acquired Stone who's 9 years younger with very similar stats with 50% salary retained for a 3rd and conditional 5th. Although if all goes right Pittsburgh's second could be more like a third.

I know Micheal Stone doesn't have the experience that Hainsey does, and that statistics don't tell all. Also, Stone is a right hand shot while Hainsey is a left handed shot which is a more fitting replacement for the injured Daley, still though.

I guess I shouldn't say anything considering how Rutherford's deadline deals turned out last year when all NYR does is sell their future at the deadline for vets who walk as UFA's
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #4411

^the thing is with Pitt is they were in a position like the canucks were when they were super competitive. Meaning they only have a small window of trying to win cups with their current group. Rutherford like Gillis is flipping picks to get them closer to winning another cup and sacrificing picks and futures to get there...

As for say JB making a trade for a young top 6, MTL is hurting right now maybe they need a shake up. You think they would consider moving galchenyuk for Hansen, Virtanen and cbj 2nd round pick? To me that looks a solid trade for both teams.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #4412
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
^the thing is with Pitt is they were in a position like the canucks were when they were super competitive. Meaning they only have a small window of trying to win cups with their current group. Rutherford like Gillis is flipping picks to get them closer to winning another cup and sacrificing picks and futures to get there...

As for say JB making a trade for a young top 6, MTL is hurting right now maybe they need a shake up. You think they would consider moving galchenyuk for Hansen, Virtanen and cbj 2nd round pick? To me that looks a solid trade for both teams.

I know, it's just easy to bash that deal with the Stone transaction happening so recently. Off the top of my head I can't think of any decent left handed shot dman available for trade right now anyways, for a second + even if that + isn't a high value piece I thought there would be something better than Hainsey out there.

Can't blame them for going all in while they have those superstars in their prime. I bash NYR for all the times they bought with draft picks and prospects at the deadline but I would have been more upset if they didn't add while they had Lundqvist in his prime, and a good team around him.
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #4413

well hainsey was 50% retained too. but he hasn't played a playoff game before, so hes not that more experience than stone. Rutherford will always overpay for players he knows well though

and no way in hell mtl is moving galchenyuk for that package.

seems rumors are really heating up now. dreger was on tsn 1290 yesterday saying theres a canucks moves in the pipeline

ducks and wild pushing for Hansen

Gibson out with lbi come get miller

Last edited by dbaz; 02-23-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #4414

who do u think is most likely on the move for the canucks? Also bobby mac was speculating hutton could be on the move I wonder what he could fetch?
Old 02-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #4415

Hansen from the sounds of it.
the hutton speculation from McKenzie was from months ago, and brought up again recently

wonder if anah is desperate enough to do this deal. helps their cap, and expansion

Hansen, burrows, miller 50% for bernier, bieksa, Ritchie, steele and a 3rd

Last edited by dbaz; 02-23-2017 at 11:46 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #4416

Sam Steel is a superhero name...I hope that kid makes it to the NHL

I wouldn't get my hopes up on any trades happening
Old 02-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #4417
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I like what Moj said last night.
Canucks luck.
Any other year, Hansen should fetch something good with a 2.5 cap hit for a player that scored 20 goals last season.
But this summer is the expansion draft so anyone taking Hansen risks losing him so the thought is no one will overpay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #4418

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Sam Steel is a superhero name...I hope that kid makes it to the NHL

I wouldn't get my hopes up on any trades happening
he will. 106pts in whl this year.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #4419
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I like what Moj said last night.
Canucks luck.
Any other year, Hansen should fetch something good with a 2.5 cap hit for a player that scored 20 goals last season.
But this summer is the expansion draft so anyone taking Hansen risks losing him so the thought is no one will overpay.
If you're contending and your window is open. Would you not trade for Hansen if he's able to help push the team to the next round? Would you waste one year of contending just because of the expansion draft?
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #4420
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
If you're contending and your window is open. Would you not trade for Hansen if he's able to help push the team to the next round? Would you waste one year of contending just because of the expansion draft?
Only time will tell. But the logic is there for a few teams to push for him, *IF* they see that value in him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #4421
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post

ducks and wild pushing for Hansen

Gibson out with lbi come get miller
What would ana roster be? 20% of our 2011 finals team and some extra firepower in getzlaf and perry
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #4422
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
LeBrun: Hansen is drawing the most interest amongst #Canucks on market. Team doesn't want just a pick, but rather a young fwd/top prospect.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:13 PM   #4423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
What would ana roster be? 20% of our 2011 finals team and some extra firepower in getzlaf and perry
rakell getzlaf perry
Ritchie kesler Silverberg
cogliano vermette Hansen
logan Thompson boll

that's actually a pretty good forward group for the playoffs, considering how much the game changes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #4424

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
wouldn't be surprised if Dim Jim held onto Hansen for a playoff push and get nothing ala Vrbata & Hamhuis last year
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #4425

Report: Shattenkirk vetoed $42-million sign-and-trade agreement | theScore.com

with tbay close to playoffs again, does he think about it? altho according to McGuire he wants to go home to ny area

Last edited by dbaz; 02-23-2017 at 09:46 PM.