REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709847-samsung-galaxy-note-7-a.html)

Armind 09-02-2016 02:03 PM

When do you guys think the unlocked version will be released?

FerrariEnzo 09-02-2016 02:38 PM

Im guessing not for awhile until they sort out their shit

sekin67835 09-02-2016 03:26 PM

The unlocked version was released already. You can buy at the samsung store

Mr.Money 09-02-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8785232)
It's a voluntary recall program. If you've charged your phone a handful times already and nothing has happened, Samsung's position is that you have nothing to worry about.

until you wake up with your house in a ball of fire :heckno:,its gonna negatively effect sales with this news of exploding phones.

mk1freak 09-02-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

[Official Statement] Galaxy Note7
Sep 02, 2016
[Official Statement] Galaxy Note7
Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident report from our valued customers very seriously. In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue.

While there have been only a small number of reported incidents, Samsung is taking great care to provide customers with the support they need. Samsung has identified the affected inventory and stopped sales and shipments of those devices.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one starting as early as next week through a replacement program.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible. We will share additional information on the Canadian Replacement program in the coming days. In the meantime, Canadian Customers may call 1-800-SAMSUNG for additional information.
Taken from Samsung [Official Statement] Galaxy Note7 | SAMSUNG Canada

Vansterdam 09-03-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8785276)
until you wake up with your house in a ball of fire :heckno:,its gonna negatively effect sales with this news of exploding phones.

im always sketch to have my phone charged while Im sleeping for this reason lol

with QC quickcharge, I usually wait until its fully charged before I sleep lol. dosent take long

Armind 09-03-2016 07:19 AM

Anyone bring in a phone for discount at Samsung store? Any hiccups? I got an S5 with a fucked up screen lol.

mk1freak 09-03-2016 10:56 AM

No hiccups at Richmond Samsung , bb bold i brought back was pretty much bent in half :lawl:

Mr.Money 09-04-2016 12:15 AM

i think they take the old phones for the rare metal inside...something is used like platinum,gold inside for the newer modern phones,i don't know why bestbuy would accept slide out keyboard cellphones for 200 dollars discount tho,For a keybo 2 or chocolate phone...Haha!
Our smartphone addiction is costing the Earth | TechRadar

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 8785372)

interesting,here usa is offering
1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
2.As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets

Expresso 09-05-2016 10:11 AM

Owch.
Samsung says Galaxy Note 7 recall will cost a ?heartbreaking amount,? analysts predict $1 billion hit - SamMobile

Wonder if that $200 offer is going to last lol.

TjAlmeida 09-06-2016 06:58 PM

Anyone know how much longer the $200 discount will last? Note 2 is starting to die on me, crashing during the day and considering the upgrade.

MikeyStyle 09-06-2016 08:09 PM

end of the month as per samsung

http://i.imgur.com/PbcXTVJ.png

parm104 09-06-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyStyle (Post 8786106)
end of the month as per samsung

http://i.imgur.com/PbcXTVJ.png

Or until otherwise stated by Samsung. They can end it early at any time they want.

Gucci Mane 09-07-2016 12:27 AM

i thought they were no longer selling the note 7 due to the recall? not sure when the fixed phones are supposed to start arriving.

!MiKrofT 09-07-2016 12:56 AM

I hope replacement inventory arrives soon. Note 7 is turning out to be one of my favourite phones thus far.

parm104 09-09-2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !MiKrofT (Post 8786179)
I hope replacement inventory arrives soon. Note 7 is turning out to be one of my favourite phones thus far.

What are your favourite features of the Note 7?

My most important features/needed features in a phone are:

- High-Quality Camera
- Large Capacity Battery
- Quick Charge

I'm going to try out the iPhone 7 Plus for awhile because of personal preferences but wish the phone was equipped with fast-charging.

mk1freak 09-09-2016 07:19 AM

I really like the locked screen note taking, so convenient and the click out s-pen rather than push/pull

Gucci Mane 09-09-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8786140)
Or until otherwise stated by Samsung. They can end it early at any time they want.

I called the Richmond Samsung experience store the other day and the sales guy there told me that they're probably going to be extending this offer because of the battery blunder. He also told me that the fixed batches of phones will arrive closer to the end of this month.

mk1freak 09-09-2016 11:11 PM

in case you didnt know:

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com/

Mr.Money 09-12-2016 09:59 AM

on the news it lit someones jeep on fire while charging it and a 6 year old kids hand.

Acura604 09-12-2016 03:50 PM

Samsung has lost $26 billion in value since it recalled the Galaxy Note 7

When Samsung announced it would recall its Galaxy Note 7 devices due to explosive battery mishaps, airlines and regulators acted swiftly. So did Samsung investors.

Shares of Samsung Electronics, which includes the Korean conglomerate’s smartphone division, plunged 6.9% between the Korea Exchange’s close on Friday and Monday, according to the financial data company Factset. The stock is currently priced at 1.465 million won ($1,311.26), bringing it to lows not seen since July, and down 13% from its most recent high, on Aug. 23. Since the company announced it would recall the Galaxy Note 7, the company has shed over 28 trillion won (more than $26 billion) off its market cap, according to Factset.

The dip puts an end to a rally for the Samsung Electronics that has lasted nearly the entire calendar year. Despite waning sales due to competition from Chinese brands such as Huawei and Xiaomi, the Korean smartphone maker won over investors this year on the strength of strong operating profit and robust sales of the Galaxy S7.

Over the weekend, more airlines and regulators urged customers to proceed with caution when taking Galaxy Note 7 devices aboard. The European Aviation Safety Agency reminded passengers to keep the devices turned off during flight, as did Delta Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and other carriers.

Armind 09-12-2016 05:19 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6d/6d8f6...9622d20c7d.jpg

SpartanAir 09-12-2016 08:40 PM

Dammit, was really looking forward to getting this phone. Will definitely be waiting now.

Guy left his phone charging in his Jeep, it exploded, lit the dash on fire, airbags deployed and the rest caught on fire. Too bad: He had a bored out 6.4L Hemi in his Jeep, so insurance won't cover his expensive mods.

Looks to me he could have a pretty good case against Samsung if he wanted to sue though, if the evidence was preserved. Yes insurance covers the vehicle, but the potential danger of injuring someone etc plus inconvenience of losing the family car, lost wages, mods on the car etc. Not sure how far you can go but I'm sure a lawyer could get some sort of settlement out of the huge company.

parm104 09-13-2016 12:49 AM

I'd like to wait for a proper investigation to take place so we know for a credible source that the phone was indeed what caused the fire.

Yea, it's important for the media to inform us on issues like this but we need to make sure we wait and find out true facts before we jump to conclusions and write off a device. As of yet, as far as I am concerned, there have been no known issues or incidents in North America.

Mikoyan 09-13-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8787790)
I'd like to wait for a proper investigation to take place so we know for a credible source that the phone was indeed what caused the fire.

Yea, it's important for the media to inform us on issues like this but we need to make sure we wait and find out true facts before we jump to conclusions and write off a device. As of yet, as far as I am concerned, there have been no known issues or incidents in North America.

It's an official recall now in several countries. Not a voluntary one.

Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. recalls Samsung Note7 smartphone - Recalls & alerts - Healthy Canadians Website

The Samsung Note7 smartphone battery has the potential to overheat and burn, posing a potential fire hazard.

Health Canada and Samsung Canada have received one report of a phone battery overheating. No injuries have been reported.

Samsung has received over 70 reported cases in the United States.