REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 12-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #251
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
There's a deal going on right now for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL at best buy this weekend.

Respectfully zero down for the Pixel 2 64gb tab large and $200 for the Pixel 2 XL 64gb tab large.

Both comes with a $100 best buy gift card.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #252
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
[Koodo] *Warm* Google Pixel 2 for $0 on Tab Large with Koodo - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #253
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Is it worth it to grab a P2 now or wait until Boxing Day sales?
Old 12-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #254

What screen protector would you recommend for the Pixel 2 XL?

Tried looking at Amazon but majority have low ratings.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #255
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
Is it worth it to grab a P2 now or wait until Boxing Day sales?
At the current price ... I'm thinking more towards the note 8, much nicer design
Old 12-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #256
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
At the current price ... I'm thinking more towards the note 8, much nicer design
Going through Koodo and then cancelling gets you a 64gb p2 for around $550...
Old 12-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #257
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
Depends what you're looking for in a phone. Note 8 has the pen, a better screen, micro SD, wireless charging and 3.5mm jack whereas the Pixel has arguably the best smartphone camera, smoothest android experience, and an incredible battery.

The smoothness of stock android on 8.1 vs 7.1 on Note 8 was noticeable. The note 8 is very quick but when you compare it with a Pixel 2 you'll notice it's just a tad bit slower. Camera wise, Pixel has the most impressive smartphone camera I've seen. The video quality isn't quite as good as the iPhone X but for photos it is spectacular. Lastly, the battery is insane. I was at 5 hrs of SoT at 45%-50% yesterday. Ended up charging the phone at 30% with 6+ hrs SoT. On days of light usage, I charge it once every 2 days. Never was able to do that with any other phone. I usually use about 20% from 8am to 5pm, and that includes using my phone throughout the 30-40 min bus ride both ways.

For me, the pen and microSD are nice but not necessary. I really miss that 3.5mm jack though, the dongle is a pain in the ass. But even with these two factors, the battery, camera, and stock android experience won out for me (came from a Nexus 6P so I've been on stock android for a while). The 8.1 update has 3 colour modes, of which the Saturated mode does a good job "fixing" the blue tint issue as best as they could with software. I actually haven't noticed the blue tint at all since 8.1 came out. When I first got it at 8.0 I noticed that the colours were very cool and the whites had a slight blueish hue. That's no longer the case once I updated to 8.1 and changed the colour mode (or maybe I just got used to it haha)

Last edited by zetazeta; 12-14-2017 at 07:14 AM.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #258
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
og Pixel XL problem:

added a new user for the first time
cannot make roaming call from new user "emergency calls only" but it works just fine on the original account 'owner'

it's connected to a network on both accounts

stupid Android 8.1 setting is really dumbed down, when I click into networks setting it doesn't even let me select anything...only toggle mobile data on/off

tried restarting already

halp
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #259
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
^ This should be managed in the settings of the user account section. Usually calls/text are disabled for new users by default.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #260

good idea, will try that
Old 12-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #261
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
Depends what you're looking for in a phone. Note 8 has the pen, a better screen, micro SD, wireless charging and 3.5mm jack whereas the Pixel has arguably the best smartphone camera, smoothest android experience, and an incredible battery.

The smoothness of stock android on 8.1 vs 7.1 on Note 8 was noticeable. The note 8 is very quick but when you compare it with a Pixel 2 you'll notice it's just a tad bit slower. Camera wise, Pixel has the most impressive smartphone camera I've seen. The video quality isn't quite as good as the iPhone X but for photos it is spectacular. Lastly, the battery is insane. I was at 5 hrs of SoT at 45%-50% yesterday. Ended up charging the phone at 30% with 6+ hrs SoT. On days of light usage, I charge it once every 2 days. Never was able to do that with any other phone. I usually use about 20% from 8am to 5pm, and that includes using my phone throughout the 30-40 min bus ride both ways.

For me, the pen and microSD are nice but not necessary. I really miss that 3.5mm jack though, the dongle is a pain in the ass. But even with these two factors, the battery, camera, and stock android experience won out for me (came from a Nexus 6P so I've been on stock android for a while). The 8.1 update has 3 colour modes, of which the Saturated mode does a good job "fixing" the blue tint issue as best as they could with software. I actually haven't noticed the blue tint at all since 8.1 came out. When I first got it at 8.0 I noticed that the colours were very cool and the whites had a slight blueish hue. That's no longer the case once I updated to 8.1 and changed the colour mode (or maybe I just got used to it haha)
My first non Samsung phone smart phone. Previous phones were the Note 5 and Note 3 and S3.

My impression so far

- No pen no care. The pen was cool but I was never attached to it so I don't miss it now
- No SD card expansion? With all my shit going to google cloud i.e. google photos etc it doesn't bug me. I'm also not the type to load a bunch of shit onto my phone i.e. movies/music plus all that for me is streamed anyway
- camera? beast
- battery? so far really good, i'd say i'm an avg or slightly above avg user maybe? I usually finish the day with around 40%
- speed? quick and smooth and i so enjoy opening my app tray and not seeing a whole bunch of bullshit apps that i have no idea wtf they are for or would use
- no 3.5mm jack no problem, i bought apple airpods and it's been my favorite tech purchase in a long time. Works perfectly fine with this phone

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #262
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Hey guys,

Has anyone else experienced issues with the screen flickering green when unlocking the phone? Recently picked up 2 Pixel XL, one used by me and one used by my gf. My GF's pixel 2 XL only has this issue but fortunately not mine.

Quick google search has shown this is a problem faced by others. Any solutions? Suggestions?
Old 12-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #263
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Pixel SOT is 2 h 24m with 39% battery left :/
Was running waze and Spotify

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #264
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEH4RD View Post
Hey guys,

Has anyone else experienced issues with the screen flickering green when unlocking the phone? Recently picked up 2 Pixel XL, one used by me and one used by my gf. My GF's pixel 2 XL only has this issue but fortunately not mine.

Quick google search has shown this is a problem faced by others. Any solutions? Suggestions?
RMA.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Pixel SOT is 2 h 24m with 39% battery left :/
Was running waze and Spotify

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm about the same, almost 3 hours SOT with 19% left.

Only Facebook, instagram, and Chrome browser.

And this was after the update too.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #266

dafuq, those are abysmal numbers
haven't daily'd my Pixel in a few weeks so I can't chime in
Old 12-31-2017, 01:41 AM   #267

Now it's getting slightly worse...

3 hours SOT with 5% battery left.

I dumped my Nexus 6p cause of battery issues and seems like it's starting to come back.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-31-2017, 03:02 AM   #268
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Does anyone know when the Pixel stops getting exclusive updates? I'll probably flash back to 6.0 where battery life was more stable, or at least 7

Edit: SOT is still shit, but at least it still charges quick?

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 12-31-2017 at 08:57 AM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #269
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "exclusive updates", but here is the schedule for the Pixel phoens:

https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...n#pixel_phones
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #270
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
My iPhone 7 just went ahead and died on me. One month out of warranty and Apple couldn’t do much except suggest me to get a replacement.

Decided to get a Pixel 2 instead. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the Android cosystem and was wondering what are some must have apps you guys would suggest? Only thing I’m missing is iMessage but whatsapp/messenger should be ok for my group chats.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #271

an iP7 dead already

sorry don't have any suggestions, these days I like to keep it minimal with only a handful of apps for messaging/fitness/social media
Old 01-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #272
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
My iPhone 7 just went ahead and died on me. One month out of warranty and Apple couldn’t do much except suggest me to get a replacement.

Decided to get a Pixel 2 instead. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the Android cosystem and was wondering what are some must have apps you guys would suggest? Only thing I’m missing is iMessage but whatsapp/messenger should be ok for my group chats.
It's not really exclusive to Android but I try to keep apps to a minimum and only really use the following.

Social Media apps i.e. Instagram etc
Stocard to store all my reward cards
A grocery list type app
Bank apps
Sports apps i.e. Yahoo for pools and nhl/score for scores
Paybyphone because I drive
Evo/car2go
Music streaming apps

Nothing more outside of essentials I don't have a single "fun app"

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #273
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
an iP7 dead already

sorry don't have any suggestions, these days I like to keep it minimal with only a handful of apps for messaging/fitness/social media
Yea I was kind of pissed, lost 1 year worth of photos/videos (and the reaction of all our families when we did our pregnancy announcment during christmas ) with the attempted restore that didn't do anything. Learned my lesson and should start practicing what I preach lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
It's not really exclusive to Android but I try to keep apps to a minimum and only really use the following.

A grocery list type app
Bank apps
Evo/car2go
Music streaming apps

that's pretty much what i had on my iPhone too haha. I remember there being a lot more customization apps/widgets but I'll probably keep it really simple still.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #274
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post

A grocery list type app
Bank apps
Evo/car2go
Music streaming apps

whats the grocery list app?
Is stocard scannable?

will be join the green bubble side soon!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:09 PM   #275
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

For anybody wanting portrait mode from pixel 2 on there OG pixel or nexus, you can get it here now.

https://chromloop.com/2017/12/apk-en...le-camera-mod/