REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #226
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
yeah not Trump ones

may be you didn't see that his administration wasn't even aware of Trudeau's position until they left the g7 summit

I don't know...I do believe if you remove Kim's regime immediately, the whole Asia Pacific will destabilize

it needs to be a process that is long term

just having a PoTUS and a Kim in a room is already an achievement
What ever happens kim has one this round.
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #227
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
kudlow wasn't the one who brought up the hell comment

but guys please tell me what our feds have done so far in 3 years other than apologize for past atrocities and legalizing weed...have they taken on the housing crisis? does the Paris Accord mean anything after taxpaying peoplekind have to shoulder a 4.5B pipeline project?

at least the GOP in office are trying to neutralize NK's arsenal
https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org

According to this website, he's done or started to do roughly 2/3 of the stuff he promised to do.

I don't believe Trudeau, or any candidate for that matter, promised to do anything about the housing crisis.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #228
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Then again, anything and anyone related to trump has no class. That's what Donald brings out in people. Negativity and poor behaviour.

god bless, amurica
Really? He Sure makes me laugh and smile more than any other politician has. And his rallies, jam packed to the rafters, seem to draw great energy.

Is it really Trumps fault that his opposition have descended to the conduct of rabid dogs?

Quote:

but guys please tell me what our feds have done so far in 3 years other than apologize for past atrocities and legalizing weed...have they taken on the housing crisis? does the Paris Accord mean anything after taxpaying peoplekind have to shoulder a 4.5B pipeline project?

at least the GOP in office are trying to neutralize NK's arsenal
Thank you.
He's fulfilling campaign promises, knocking them down like bowling pins. These tariffs are yet another promise to the regular people of middle America that got him there.

Meanwhile, Trudeaux, three years in, not only hasn't fulfilled any promises that much matter (aside from legalizing weed, which still isn't completely figured) he's actually turned his back on some. Electoral reform. The deficit. Just off the top of my head.
And how about these terrific job stats.
We were expected to gain 43,000 jobs during April/May. Instead we lost 8600. 31,000 full time jobs replaced by part time work.

Economy unexpectedly lost 7,500 jobs in May as unemployment rate held at 5.8% | CBC News
Canadian economy lost 1,100 jobs in April, but jobless rate holds steady at 5.8% | CBC News

People can say all sorts of things about Trump. But one thing i think everyone can agree on is that he doesn't think something and say something else. Open book.
Trudeaux is the standard politician. Fake. Says all sorts of things but does something else. It's cowardly.
The prized substitute drama teacher/ski instructor is in way over his head.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 06-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #229
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org

According to this website, he's done or started to do roughly 2/3 of the stuff he promised to do.

I don't believe Trudeau, or any candidate for that matter, promised to do anything about the housing crisis.
The housing crisis is isolated to Vancouver and to a much lesser degree Toronto - it has nothing to do with the federal government. The rest of the country has fairly affordable housing...
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #230
HELP ME PLS!!!

Trump-O-Meter: Tracking Trump's Campaign Promises | PolitiFact
Old 06-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #231
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Meanwhile, Trudeaux, three years in, not only hasn't fulfilled any promises that much matter (aside from legalizing weed, which still isn't completely figured) he's actually turned his back on some. Electoral reform. The deficit. Just off the top of my head.
Trudeau promised to run a deficit the first 3 years (2016 fiscal, 2017 fiscal) and we're 2 months into 2018 fiscal. So promise kept so far.

So 1/2 of the ones you named (2 of hundreds) are completely false ... just off the top of your head.

As usual, cherry-pick stats while ignoring ones in your own link:

Yeah, look at those job losses ... Man, so bad ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #232

It's a little humorous to see the differences in promises between Trump and Trudeaux.
such meek and mild promises.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 06-11-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #233

Quote:
Trudeau promised to run a deficit the first 3 years (2016 fiscal, 2017 fiscal) and we're 2 months into 2018 fiscal. So promise kept so far.

So 1/2 of the ones you named (2 of hundreds) are completely false ... just off the top of your head.
Sorry, what was the annual deficit he promised?
And what's the deficit at now?
-Norm Franz
Old 06-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #234

Quote:

As usual, cherry-pick stats while ignoring ones in your own link:

Yeah, look at those job losses ... Man, so bad ...
When we're expected to gain 43,000 jobs and we lose 8600, as well as 31,000 full time jobs replaced with part time, yea, that's a shitty two months.
There's a little more to employment trends than the rate

But hey, Canada's doing fine. We only have the highest income to debt ratio on the entire planet.
with creeping interest rates and a possible trade war now around the corner, I'm sure our "strong" economy will pull us through.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 06-11-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #235

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/12/p...ent/index.html

Quote:
1.The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2.The United States and DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3.Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

4.The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit -- the first in history -- was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulations in the joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.
President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and the security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #236
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,820 Times in 3,902 Posts
why do you keep spelling it Trudeaux
it's got me triggered, just a bit
you don't have to like the guy but no need to put down a family name

I know a blanket reform on housing crisis was never feasible...afaik Montreal RE has really climbed to ridiculous levels too
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 01:45 AM   #237
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Great he made a deal with a dictator that will keep him in power. It worked out great the other times they tried it.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #238
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
Hahaha lol whatever anyone thinks of this very expensive and lavish meeting that amounted to nothing, I had to laugh out loud when I saw a quote saying the iTunes disclaimer has more concrete commitment to anti-nuclear disarmament than this accord does lolol

And he makes a fat joke as they’re sitting down! This rollercoaster ride never ends!
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 AM   #239
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Hahaha lol whatever anyone thinks of this very expensive and lavish meeting that amounted to nothing, I had to laugh out loud when I saw a quote saying the iTunes disclaimer has more concrete commitment to anti-nuclear disarmament than this accord does lolol

And he makes a fat joke as they’re sitting down! This rollercoaster ride never ends!
Whether they completely denuclearize we'll have to wait and see, but they are committing to some pretty important things, like recovering MIA and POW remains... The fact that the meeting took place at all is significant.

Of course since Trump is involved, everyone has to trash it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #240
Performance Moderator

He brings it on himself!

Reminds me of sitting down in a bad relationship and promising to be different and then the guy agrees to empty the trash a bit more often than normal, but you just go back to whatever you were doing already and act surprised when the same problems come up again. Just focus on getting through the moment itself... no actual goals... no clear view of the future together...
Old 06-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #241
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
He brings it on himself!

Reminds me of sitting down in a bad relationship and promising to be different and then the guy agrees to empty the trash a bit more often than normal, but you just go back to whatever you were doing already and act surprised when the same problems come up again. Just focus on getting through the moment itself... no actual goals... no clear view of the future together...
He does a lot of things worthy of ridicule. An historic meeting between two former warring nations, setting up the denuclearization of a hostile nation (has this even been done before?), and returning POWs and MIAs home... Those aren't worthy of ridicule.

If Obama had done the exact same thing (and he wanted but couldn't for political reasons - there's the advantage of Donald just not giving a fuck working our for him), people would be talking like it was the second coming of christ. Of course the shithead morons would still be bitching, but it's not just morons I see bitching about Trump's NK meeting, it's pretty much everyone which is what sucks.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #242
My homepage has been set to RS

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...d-of-an-excuse

Quote:
Trump: If I was wrong about Kim, 'I'll find some kind of an excuse'
Spoken like a true narcissist.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #243

-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #244
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Damn ... more people at Caps parade than Trump's inauguration. But don't say anything or you'll incite the orange dotard. Speaking of ... so it's all good with the guy who came up with this 'dotard' compliment?
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #245
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,262 Times in 1,966 Posts
Quote:
Spoiler!
Bill Maher wants a recession so Trump can look bad.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #246
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,820 Times in 3,902 Posts
again, anyone who's disappointed in this first US-NK summit, please outline what you were hoping would've been realistically achieved

Trump isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and is mostly theatrics...but I doubt Obama would have brought the West to this stage, whether or not SK was instrumental in getting this to happen...all pieces of the puzzle that needs to be in place

you simply cannot compare the Korean crisis to the Iraq occupation even if they both involve WMD and a dictator. The complexity and circumstances couldn't be more different...it's like lumping Quebec Taiwan and Crimea in one bag

just a lavish meeting? give me a break. this is not even a fucking drop in what US spends on the military annually. and what did Trudeau get done by visiting China and India? the Chinese reminded the world he's inexperienced in politics and in India his family was busy taking Instagram photos with an extremist who was convicted in our courts

this was Capitals first cup, no? The Trump inauguration was a joke but if the winning party of the parliament did a parade vs Senators bringing home the cup, which do you think will get more attendance?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #247
Performance Moderator

You guys are so serious... Trump is a troll... even his fat joke was a giant troll... all you can do is sit back and laugh.

Even his presser today! "I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say 'Hey I was wrong'" in regard to whether he can trust Kim Jong Un... and then he says "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse"......... wow! Openly admitting to sloughing off being wrong... President of the USA!! Amazing.

It's comedy gold... how can you guys be so serious? NK was never going to nuke anyone... just enjoy this stageshow at this point

I can see why welfare loves this guy so much, he's basically fucking with the entire idea of being a head of state and everyone is frothing at the mouth 24/7... reminds me of a time I was drunk and imagined I won the lottery and if I was limitless in my wealth I'd start opposite stores just for the hell of it to fuck with people's minds... like Unsafeway grocery store... or Mr. Drywithoutoil... or Pregnancy Condoms brand.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #248
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He does a lot of things worthy of ridicule. An historic meeting between two former warring nations, setting up the denuclearization of a hostile nation (has this even been done before?), and returning POWs and MIAs home... Those aren't worthy of ridicule.
I don't know, see if it actually happens, I'll believe it when they fly everyone home...

I stand by what I said, he brings it on to himself being an unapologetic smarmy ass all the time. If he could practice even a modicum of self-restraint he'd be more popular than Elon Musk.

I don't know how you can say that nobody can ridicule this event... Trump was at the meeting, the one actually there... and he was the very first one to ridicule it! He was literally seconds from sitting down at the table as a world leader with Kim Jong Un and he made a fat joke!!! But nobody else can ridicule it? Seriously? That's some major hypocrisy
Old 06-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #249
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,567 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
If America is dependant on other countries to provide its steel and aluminum, it's not in a very secure position to supply its own military.
Why do you even live in this country, man? Are you even Canadian? I have no idea where you're from, but now I'm actually curious.

If you are in fact Canadian, any of this should appall you. You're so blindly clouded by your bigotry and support for Trump, that you would actually enjoy seeing the Canadian economy take a hit based on Trumps ridiculous decisions on trade? Why even consider yourself a Canadian, you're treasonous.

If Trump's decisions end up costing Canadians in our pockets, or your own pockets for that matter, why do you continue to support him? It's absolutely bizarre to me.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #250

Last edited by welfare; 06-12-2018 at 05:49 PM.