REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Trump thread 2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714831-trump-thread-2-0-a.html)

6793026 11-07-2023 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9114166)
They'll put his old ass up there, which will be a complete travesty.

I don't understand Biden -- you had a fairly productive presidency, you stopped Trump from being re-elected, passed some bills, had a long career in public office.

You're in your damn 80's now, why not hang it up at the end of this term and allow some fresh blood to take the mantle?

It's absolutely bizarre to me.

If Biden doesn't try again, there is literally no one else in the party with the same star power = Trump will win.

Any dude in their 80s wants to go to bed at 8 PM and go play golf.. the party can't find no one.

Traum 11-15-2023 04:51 PM

In case you guys missed this one, I am just totally mind blown by this GOP Senator Markwayne Mullin:

Some backstory leading up to this circus act can be found here:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/15/polit...ers/index.html

but the TL;DR version is -- the GOP senator was a former pro MMA fighter.

FailFish

mikemhg 11-17-2023 12:30 PM

Man I miss welfare.

If anyone talks to him outside of this forum, or if he's lurking, I miss you man. I'm sorry for going at you so much, come back for the 2024 election.

That guy drove me fucking crazy, and I know half the time he was trolling, but damn he did it well.

MG1 11-17-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9115669)
Man I miss welfare.

If anyone talks to him outside of this forum, or if he's lurking, I miss you man. I'm sorry for going at you so much, come back for the 2024 election.

That guy drove me fucking crazy, and I know half the time he was trolling, but damn he did it well.

I was thinking the same thing. He was gold...............

On a side note, dare I say it............................... CIC?

westopher 11-17-2023 01:32 PM

There's no way welfare was trolling. He probably snapped his keyboard in half when trump lost and realized he needed to stop coming to liburalcuckville.net

Great68 11-17-2023 03:05 PM

I totally forgot about that guy.

He wasn't trolling, his posts full in on the brainwashing Kool-Aid.

One of his last posts in the thread aged like milk

Quote:

Originally Posted by welfare (Post 9011989)
Get ready for the most groundbreakingly monumental re-election in the history of the political world.

Believe me or not it doesn’t matter. The 6 January elector ‘ballot’ count is going to go down as the greatest troll of all time.

You may or may not know, but the Vice President gets to count the electors. That’s the one thing the Constitution makes crystal clear. Apparently the plan is for Mike Pence to roll in a Dominion voting machine (or a knock off that looks like one). He’s then going to pull out a USB drive, update the software just before the count, and use the machine to count the elector ballots.

Remember, this will be on national television. The count will not only come out fractional, but it will result in more votes than actual electors AND result in Trump winning more electors than Biden.

The chamber is expected erupt in chaos. Obviously the count will be challenged. Pence will then conduct a ‘recount,’ but he will use the machine to print the recount ballots and then hand count those. The recounted number will be similar to the original count, only changing by a couple votes, but it will result in Trump winning by even more than before.

Dems are expected to cry “fraud” and Pence will object and call for order. He will tell them that it’s too late to challenge because it’s already done. The count is finished. He will then deliberately wipe the machine’s software.

This is a rough sketch of what is being planned. I don’t know the exact details, but Trump wants to fill DC because this is going to be, as he said, “wild.”

I don’t know if Pence ultimately throws it to the House after the chaos or fully certifies Trump’s win in this manner. My source wasn’t sure (I think they’re still working out details).

I hope you’re ready for the salt to flow. Trump is a showman first and foremost, and he’s putting everything into this.

punkwax 11-17-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 9115675)
I was thinking the same thing. He was gold...............

On a side note, dare I say it............................... CIC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9115677)
There's no way welfare was trolling. He probably snapped his keyboard in half when trump lost and realized he needed to stop coming to liburalcuckville.net

^agreed. According to your signature, this isn’t the first time.

According to my signature, being gold in MG1’s eyes is not as lucrative as I had once thought. WutFace

MG1 11-17-2023 04:33 PM

That's because I truly think he is/was trolling. Entertaining, nonetheless.

punkwax 11-17-2023 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 9115694)
I totally forgot about that guy.

He wasn't trolling, his posts full in on the brainwashing Kool-Aid.

One of his last posts in the thread aged like milk

I worked with a guy who is still on that Kool-Aid. The brainwashing runs so deep that he’d use the word “wild” every time he brought it up.

I still have a $1000 bet with him but he refuses to pay until Jan 6th 2025 when the new president is sworn in. Trump is running for 2024 so I don’t see how he thinks he’d take the remaining ~14 months over another 4 years but here we are..

That said, I should probably reconfirm the terms since the goalposts have changed a few times already. I just kinda feel bad for the guy but he’d gladly take my money and I also refused his offer to up the bet to $5K pretty much out of sympathy.

Traum 11-17-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 9115733)
That said, I should probably reconfirm the terms since the goalposts have changed a few times already. I just kinda feel bad for the guy but he’d gladly take my money and I also refused his offer to up the bet to $5K pretty much out of sympathy.

Do you think Trump is gonna lose again this time next year though?

Given how fxxked up the hardcore Trump supporters are, I wouldn't be surprised if there are still enough of them to narrowly steal the election.

However the results turn out, this next one is not gonna be pretty...

punkwax 11-17-2023 05:44 PM

I reconfirmed our bet. He still thinks Trump will kick Biden out this term. I don’t think trumps ego would take just over a year in office vs 4.

To answer your question, no, I would not be surprised if he won and it’s a sad reflection on how uneducated some people in the USA are.

Trump has basically single handedly made the states look like a joke after Obama and Bush can no longer be shamed.

Dudes a goof.

IMO

Manic! 12-01-2023 07:37 AM

Ron Desantis decided to debate Gavin Newsom on Fox and it did not go well for Ron. Looked like he was almost crying.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-and-delicious

GLOW 12-01-2023 08:12 AM

looks like george santos got expelled from the house 2/3 of votes, though the speaker speaker voted to keep him in, i guess to maintain power

where does this leave his seat now? re-vote or do rep's get to fill it with another rep?

68style 12-01-2023 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9117083)
Ron Desantis decided to debate Gavin Newsom on Fox and it did not go well for Ron. Looked like he was almost crying.

I was literally eating chips while watching this and little chips bits coming out of my mouth with so many "wooo" and "wow" hahaha

GLOW 12-01-2023 10:48 AM

it was basically a dunk contest highlight reel

mikemhg 12-01-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9117083)

Is there anywhere I can watch this in full? I love Newsom, most of the clips are short pieces of the debate.

EDIT: NM, found it on YT.

Great68 12-01-2023 10:51 AM

Quote of the night:

"But there's one thing in closing that we have in common, is neither of us will be the nominee for our party in 2024"

That was savage.

GLOW 12-01-2023 05:22 PM

https://media.tenor.com/PTuzln938H0A...usvibinluv.gif

Manic! 12-04-2023 07:21 PM

Best shit ever. The levels of trolling are out of this world.

Traum 12-19-2023 02:51 PM

Oh the shxt storm is really gonna start now... :peek:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...supreme-court/

Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from presidency for Jan. 6 riot

Assuming that would really hold up, I hope Biden wouldn't seek to be re-elected as well...

6793026 12-20-2023 05:08 AM

will it hold upppp let's see.

yup, if trump is out.. then biden will rest in peace and retire.

whitev70r 12-20-2023 05:32 AM

One thing you gotta hand to Trump in terms of strategy is that he appointed 3 judges in the Supreme court and tilted it towards Conservative side. That's how he got the abortion thing overturned. So if and when this reaches the US Supreme Court, I think he will get his favourable result, because it's time to 'collext the favour' so to say. Unfortunately. I fully expect USSC to overturn Colorado's decision.

68style 12-20-2023 07:04 AM

Yah they totally will... and if he appeals this ruling before Jan 4 they have to include him on the ballot so it's quite toothless really.

mikemhg 12-20-2023 10:12 AM

If the SC overturns the ruling then that really destroys the credence of "state rights" and "allowing the states to decide" a message the Republicans are always espousing.

So let me get this, state rights when it suits you, but up to the Feds/Supreme Court when it doesn't?

Gotcha.

American "Democracy".

whitev70r 12-20-2023 10:18 AM

^ its' the same battle for jurisdictions over certain issues in Canada between Feds and Provinces ...