REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Trump thread 2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714831-trump-thread-2-0-a.html)

SkinnyPupp 03-15-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9129288)
It's always so weird when zedbra chimes in about how dangerous Canada is under Trudeau while pumping up the trump admin that has * checks notes * 3x higher homicide rate per capita.
And yeah, do me a favour, don't talk about bad things happening to my wife in this conversation.
I've never once mentioned your family in a negative light so I expect the same. Fucking grow up.

Before 2016, people like that would have been easily identified as trolls. But unhinged troll rants aren't ridiculous anymore - people are.

Traum 03-15-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 9129285)
The US isn't banning Tik Tok, they're banning ByteDance.

Tik Tok can remain in the US if ByteDance sells off their controlling shares.

Fun fact! TikTok is actually banned in China! In China, you actually have to use DouYin, which is the Chinese version of TikTok.

I always find it amusing when China accuses US of censorship when China bans a gazillion foreign apps, websites and such.

Kind of like how Zedbra says how dangerous and crappy Canada is, when the US is... well... LOL~

Traum 03-15-2024 08:36 AM

This is not a new angle or suggestion -- it has been suggested as a possibility last year when Liberal support started falling below the Conservatives. But for it to work, essentially Turd would have to invite Singh and the NDP to form gov with them, and appoint NDP MPs into the cabinet as well, including making Singh the deputy PM. Assuming that the total number of MPs from Lib + NDP is enough for a majority, having a formal coalition gov like that would actually be more stable than having a minority gov like we are having now.

But forming a coalition gov like that without announcing that intention prior to the election would likely result in huge voter backlash. Of course that would only be a problem in the following election, and that's assuming voters will carry that grudge into the next election. But the initial backlash is gonna be bad.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 9129290)
News article today in the sun - Trudeau can lose but still remain PM.
Loses election, but because majority support from NDP + Lib, he can still ask.

"Trudeau goes to the Governor General and advises her that he has the support of the House and therefore should remain prime minister. Bowing to longstanding constitutional convention, the Governor General agrees."

Highly unlikely but it's a good angle.

1) he just wants to netflix and chill
2) he is staying there cause the party doesnt' support him resigning yet
3) he needs to endorse someone but has to wait for party to nominate someone.

Trudeau is just a normal person stuck in politics... i don't blame him at all.
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/op-...ster-heres-how

68style 03-15-2024 10:02 AM

It's a bad combination right now... the Cons have an EASY to defeat leader in PP, the guy is just begging to have his lunch taken / shit kicked in...

But both the Libs and the NDP have terrible leaders in place with extremely low likeability.

Traum 03-15-2024 10:51 AM

Biden vs Trump, and Turd vs PeePee vs Singh... It's almost comical how bad all the available choices are for both US and Canada... FailFish

mikemhg 03-15-2024 10:57 AM

David Eby 2030 :lol

Traum 03-15-2024 11:46 AM

I honestly think our BC NDP gov is pretty good for many things, and is definitely one of the better governments across Canada. Of course it is not perfect, but it tries to address issues at best it can, and their solutions are pragmatic and at least somewhat effective. And most important of all, it doesn't try to do any stupid a$$ thing like Alberta, Ontario, or Quebec (and maybe even Saskatchewan).

MG1 03-15-2024 05:27 PM

Fucking cancer.......... always denying us good things. Horgan, just one example. Jack Layton, another...........

then assholes like trump............ he's actually the cancer.

MG1 03-18-2024 10:06 AM

Was listening to Move 103.5. Ashley Greco Show, but some replacement person. Anyway, chick mentions how great Dwayne Johnson is. Perfect gentleman and someone who treats women right and sets the bar high for other guys. On the Drew Barrymore Show, Drew asks if Dwayne can do squats with her on his back. He asks permission to touch her………….. what the fuck? He needs to be like Trump. Don’t ask permission or warn them about how it’s going to be done, “Just grab ‘em by the pussy!”

Found the link.

https://youtu.be/Zn63R1SS4rg?si=NILKHrPK8D9I1THN

pastarocket 03-18-2024 11:04 AM

Oh..poor Cheeto.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/polit...ond/index.html

Former President Donald Trump can’t find an insurance company to underwrite his bond to cover the massive judgment against him in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case, his lawyers told a New York appeals court.

Trump’s attorneys said he has approached 30 underwriters to back the bond, which is due by the end of this month.

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote. (Trump himself was ordered to pay $454 million; the $464 million includes the disgorgement for his adult sons Don Jr. and Eric.

GLOW 03-18-2024 11:07 AM

public image is a tough thing, dwayne johnson has worked really hard to get his where it is i'm sure.

i recall he gave props to joe rogan on an IG post, and got flamed for it and released an apology post on it. i can't recall why but i think it was b/c rogan was posting stuff against mainstream media, it may have been related to covid or alternative treatments that may not be stuff recommended.

the more squeaky clean the image, i feel the more fragile it is. fart in the wrong direction and the cancel culture will go after you. unless you're the type that dgaf or just can't be cancelled

GLOW 03-18-2024 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 9129540)
Oh..poor Cheeto.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/polit...ond/index.html

Former President Donald Trump can’t find an insurance company to underwrite his bond to cover the massive judgment against him in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case, his lawyers told a New York appeals court.

where does that leave him at the end of the month? just accrue daily interest, gets assets liquidated by force? i never understood how the settlements work, similar to amber heard losing but not having $ to pay, does anything happen if you don't/can't pay?

Traum 03-18-2024 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 9129543)
where does that leave him at the end of the month? just accrue daily interest, gets assets liquidated by force? i never understood how the settlements work, similar to amber heard losing but not having $ to pay, does anything happen if you don't/can't pay?

My reading of the situation is -- Trump will just get his assets seized by the AG while his appeal continues. As Trump has already been found guilty of fraud by the NY court, he is supposed to pay the $400M+ penalty for his sentence. His appeal may win or lose, but the lower court is going to make sure that Trump (can) pay off his lower court penalty before additional legal proceedings for this case continues. And the lower court can do that by either receiving a cash payment, a bond, or seize his assets to cover that sum.

As with all the legal cases surrounding Trump goes, I think it is difficult to guess how things will play out. IMO the most likely outcome is that Trump will try to spin this as further Biden / Democrat political prosecution against him, and use it to rally his support base as much as possible. And his idiot supporters would just lap it all up.

The judge may or may not lower the required amount for the bond posting, but it doesn't really change Trump's overall strategy with his legal woes. His goal will continue to be trying to drag things out, claim the lawsuits to be political prosecution by the Democrats, and aim to win the presidential election so that he can direct his DOJ to drop the lawsuit and/or pardon himself for any convictions he may have received at that point.

And if he loses the election, he's gonna be screwed.

6793026 03-18-2024 12:43 PM

know someone who was arrested in Canada (last yr; currently with ankle bracelet) and even with bonds and stuff, you do need someone to be there looking over you.
The guarantor (or whatever the term is); is responsible of where you are at. If you head to go buy groceries, you can call and apply. 99% of the time it will be approved. You can stay within BC but no you can't go out everyday (i don't think).

We ended up going ot his apartment for parties as it's house arrest.

So the reason regarding the bond - for US, it's extremely hard to find a "friend" or "family" to be responsible for your whereabouts at all time. They take on a lot of legal responsibilities.

Great68 03-18-2024 02:10 PM

Canada doesn't do bail bonds like the USA, for most cases it's release with just a promise to appear (unless that person is a major flight or violent reoffence risk) so yeah if this person you know needed a guarantor during their bail period there must have been something pretty serious about them or their case...

SkinnyPupp 03-25-2024 12:08 AM

westopher 03-25-2024 06:41 AM

It is very impressive to "win" a tournament when you probably shoot 126 in a round.

unit 03-25-2024 07:39 AM

must have been like homer bowling with the stonecutters

68style 03-25-2024 07:56 AM

Hahaha I just fell otu of my chair laughing, he really is like a 3 year old... I can just imagine all these ex-pro or semi-pro guys just closing their eyes and swinging or marking extra shots on their score card...

He's literally a caricature of a cartoon mafia boss at this point.

6793026 03-25-2024 08:50 AM

Appeals court lowers Trump’s civil fraud bond to $175 million... still a big amount

time to reverse mortgage all your resorts ... if you actually own anything..

Traum 03-25-2024 08:58 AM

I am pretty disappointed that the Appeals Court gave him that much of a break. The bond amount is reduced by 68% -- it is still more than the mere $100M that the Trump lawyers asked for, and reading between the lines from the news, it still seems unlikely to me that Trump would be able to get a bond for the full amount. But he sounded very confident that between some combination of bond and his own cash, he is gonna make it this time.

IMO the dramatic reduction in bond size makes a mockery of the original decision to hit him with that big a bond, and now his supporters will have yet another reason to cite the original ruling as political prosecution. Not good for public trust in the court system.

mikemhg 03-25-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9130235)
I am pretty disappointed that the Appeals Court gave him that much of a break. The bond amount is reduced by 68% -- it is still more than the mere $100M that the Trump lawyers asked for, and reading between the lines from the news, it still seems unlikely to me that Trump would be able to get a bond for the full amount. But he sounded very confident that between some combination of bond and his own cash, he is gonna make it this time.

IMO the dramatic reduction in bond size makes a mockery of the original decision to hit him with that big a bond, and now his supporters will have yet another reason to cite the original ruling as political prosecution. Not good for public trust in the court system.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-kathy-hochul

This is likely the reasoning.

When the governor has to come out the calm the "rich" because of the Trump ruling, you know the courts will soon follow suit.

The ruling sets a bad precedent for the other scumbags juking the system. We must appease to them.

The justice system is such a joke. The "deep state" Trump has been bullshitting about is just this, they are the people protecting Trump.

Great68 03-25-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9130235)
to hit him with that big a bond,.

His original fine of $486 million still stands. He'll still have to pay it if he loses his appeal.

The bond amount is just what he has to post as "security" as he goes through the appeal process.

68style 03-25-2024 12:51 PM

In before appeal causes original fine to also be reduced even lower than bond amount.

He's about to increase his on paper wealth to like $3 billion thanks to all the meme stock bros who are inflating the value of truth social ahead of their fake IPO tomorrow. As usual everything is working out perfectly for him.

mikemhg 03-25-2024 01:02 PM

This is why I say to people, don't get married to the idea that Trump will ever face any consequences to his actions.

The guy has plot-armor, each time you think he's going to burn, "something" miraculous comes in and saves him.

We live in a dual system, one for the haves, and one for the have nots, it's not right vs left, or D's vs R's.

People with Trump's level of wealth and influence NEVER face consequences, no matter what, he'll parachute out of ALL of these cases, mostly if not fully, unscathed.

I have zero confidence in any of these processes.