REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Trump thread 2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714831-trump-thread-2-0-a.html)

mikemhg 12-20-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9119167)
^ its' the same battle for jurisdictions over certain issues in Canada between Feds and Provinces ...

Not even close :lol

There isn't a Province in Canada that can simply ban abortions, or alter their universal healthcare system in a way that doesn't offer care to all eligible citizens (not counting QC), etc.

Canadian Provinces are much more "on the same page" when it comes to falling in line with what is considered customary on the Federal level.

The States is completely different.

westopher 12-20-2023 10:32 AM

It's on its way though. It's so funny how all these fucking idiots want to emulate the US up here and watch the clusterfuck that it is. Motherfuckers up here talking about the second amendment like, my brother in Christ we don't have that here.
You've got a guy who runs over people when he's blackout drunk running one province, an absolute Alex jones level nutjob running another, a crack dealer running another. We are absolutely morons here and it's heading that way.

underscore 12-20-2023 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9119171)
Motherfuckers up here talking about the second amendment like, my brother in Christ we don't have that here.

Here here. It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Manitoba as a province.

68style 12-20-2023 12:03 PM

This page is only 3 posts deep and I'm laughing my ass off you guys are hilarious... genuinely like these comments are gold

westopher 12-20-2023 12:20 PM

CivicBlues 12-20-2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9119169)
Not even close :lol

There isn't a Province in Canada that can simply ban abortions, or alter their universal healthcare system in a way that doesn't offer care to all eligible citizens (not counting QC), etc.

Canadian Provinces are much more "on the same page" when it comes to falling in line with what is considered customary on the Federal level.

The States is completely different.

*Cough* Danielle Smith *Cough* Alberta Sovereignty Act *Hurl*

Traum 12-20-2023 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9119171)
You've got a guy who runs over people when he's blackout drunk running one province, an absolute Alex jones level nutjob running another, a crack dealer running another. We are absolutely morons here and it's heading that way.

OK I'm gonna take a swipe at my Canadian premiers knowledge to see whether I am getting these right:

Guy running over people when he is drunk
BC - Gordon Campbell
NS - Iain Rankin
MB - Wab Kinew

Alex Jones nutjob
AB - Danielle Smith
QC - François Legault

Crack Dealer
ON - Rob Ford?

All of these still pale in comparison to insurrection and sexual assaults though. :badpokerface:

[edit] And for the record, my current impressions of Wab Kinew is pretty positive. He seems like he has learned and grown from his mistakes. But I still think he is gonna blow the Manitoba budget to the stratosphere.

westopher 12-20-2023 01:41 PM

The running over people drunk is Scott Moe. I don't think legault is that crazy is he? Just xenophobic. Bang on for Danielle smith and Doug ford though. Rob is the crack smoker, Doug is the dealer lol.
Agreed not nearly on the same field as trump, but it's definitely snowballing.

Great68 12-20-2023 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9119097)
One thing you gotta hand to Trump in terms of strategy is that he appointed 3 judges in the Supreme court and tilted it towards Conservative side. That's how he got the abortion thing overturned. So if and when this reaches the US Supreme Court, I think he will get his favourable result, because it's time to 'collext the favour' so to say. Unfortunately. I fully expect USSC to overturn Colorado's decision.

You say that, but that same supreme court refused to hear any of Trump's "Election challenge" cases in 2021. People were so sure they were going to hear the cases, rule in his favour, and reinstate him as president. I don't think they actually give a shit about trump himself, he was a means to an end. Mitch McConnell was the true power in bending Trump's ear in choosing who was to be appointed.

whitev70r 12-21-2023 04:39 PM

What a clown ... but then he worked for one.

Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy after $148m defamation verdict

Rudy Giuliani, a longtime associate of former President Donald Trump, has filed for bankruptcy just days after he was ordered to pay $148m (£116m) in a defamation case.

He was ordered to pay the sum after a judge found he defamed two Georgia election workers over false claims they tampered with votes in 2020.

The filing shows he owes millions of dollars in legal fees and unpaid taxes.

A spokesman said the move should "be a surprise to no-one".

Traum 12-21-2023 07:23 PM

Realistically, I don't think the (personal) bankruptcy will affect him too much though. At best, it will only be a matter of inconvenience to him. Whatever assets he had would likely have already been transferred to his children, someone he trusts, or whatever protected corporate accounts where he would still call the shots from behind the veil.

It is a major point of embarrassment for him, but then he may or may not care.

mikemhg 12-22-2023 10:45 AM

Bankruptcy doesn't work the same for the rich and privileged such as him, as it does for plebs like the commoner.

He'll Alex Jones slow walk that money until the day he dies (which hopefully won't be very long given his heart issues).

Manic! 12-26-2023 01:48 AM

Joe Rogan the ass clown makes fun of Biden for saying something really stupid but then gets fact checked and finds out trump said it.

Zedbra 12-26-2023 07:05 PM

I see the blinded hate is still strong here. Years later, lots to still point at and blame 'them' for not being decent people. Gotta love the hypocrisy. Do you hate the liberal inflation?

68style 12-26-2023 07:33 PM

WE MISSED YOU

Manic! 12-26-2023 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 9119805)
I see the blinded hate is still strong here. Years later, lots to still point at and blame 'them' for not being decent people. Gotta love the hypocrisy. Do you hate the liberal inflation?

What's the inflation in the UK under a conservative government?

Zedbra 12-27-2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9119809)
What's the inflation in the UK under a conservative government?

Similar to their murder rate - because you can't be broke if you're dead. Hey - Canada's murder rate is at a 30 year high since you mention it. Funny how virtue signaling doesn't sove any problems but is all talk. Back to your Trump hate...go on....love to hate...

westopher 12-27-2023 02:33 PM

Libural luv 2 h8
Trump is gr8
Why not appreciate
Those were only allegations of rape
2024-28 america will accept its fate

Manic! 12-27-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 9119825)
Similar to their murder rate - because you can't be broke if you're dead. Hey - Canada's murder rate is at a 30 year high since you mention it. Funny how virtue signaling doesn't sove any problems but is all talk. Back to your Trump hate...go on....love to hate...

https://globalnews.ca/news/10137037/...e-report-2022/

Quote:

This was the highest homicide rate since 1992, according to the agency.

Across Canada, a total of 874 people were killed in 2022, which was an almost nine per cent increase compared to the previous year.

“Despite recent increases, homicides remain a rare event in Canada, accounting for less than 0.2 per cent of all police-reported violent crimes in 2022,” StatCan said in its report.
You also missed the whole point of my post.

SkinnyPupp 12-28-2023 04:10 AM

It's hilarious (but kind of scary) that there are Canadians like this. Simping for Trump in 2023. Jesus fucking christ.

Why not just let America shit themselves to death? Why bring that to your own country?

Manic! 12-28-2023 04:36 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...rce=reddit.com

Quote:

Maine barred Donald Trump from the primary ballot Thursday, becoming the second state in the country to block the former president from running again under a part of the Constitution that prevents insurrectionists from holding office.
In other news.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...r/72046352007/

Quote:

Nikki Haley was asked what caused the Civil War. She didn't mention slavery.
I wonder what her black son in law thinks.

inv4zn 12-29-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9119849)
https://globalnews.ca/news/10137037/...e-report-2022/

You also missed the whole point of my post.

He didn't miss it, it's just 100% textbook deflection when you have nothing intelligent to answer with.

Literally the entire world with a gamut of governments all struggling with inflation, but yes this is all entirely the fault of all liburals everywhere.

But but murder rate! Immigration! Abortions!

westopher 12-29-2023 11:27 AM

You can't tell me I'm wrong! The left are supposed to be tolerant! This is a hate crime!

mikemhg 12-29-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9119896)

This is why it's hard to take this bitch seriously. From "whitifying" her name, to crap like this, she's a quintessential "bullshit" politician. Someone that will adopt any ideology or say literally anything to get themselves voted in.

It's hard to take this woman seriously, and yet she's the one moderates are saying should get the nod.

In a weird way, I'd take Trump's corrupt ass over hers, at least you know where he stands.

mikemhg 12-29-2023 12:14 PM

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-...ado-rcna131492

Only the Republican party would even allow such an obvious grifter to remain within their ranks. She's a con-artist, larping around as this weird MAGA Patriot Mom.

Zebra, this is why people can't take Republican voters seriously, this type of idiocy simply wouldn't fly in another party.