REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #3201
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

There is a rumor, that Cain was transferred or sent to patrol Langley. Unclear... Also VPD caught (Christensen ) motorcyclist with VI
Advertisement

Last edited by nexusxv; 06-11-2019 at 09:01 AM.
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #3202
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
"Also VPD caught (Christensen ) stroke motorcyclist with VI"

Can we get this in a coherent sentence?
Old 06-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #3203
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
stroke the shaft of motorcyclist with a vi

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:52 AM   #3204
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
"Also VPD caught (Christensen ) stroke motorcyclist with VI"

Can we get this in a coherent sentence?
I almost got cancer reading that post. Wtf.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #3205
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I almost got cancer reading that post. Wtf.
Everyone really needs to stop saying cancer this cancer that if you're over 11. If you've ever seen someone die from cancer you would never say it again. It's the most horrible thing you'll ever see.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #3206
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Everyone really needs to stop saying cancer this cancer that if you're over 11. If you've ever seen someone die from cancer you would never say it again. It's the most horrible thing you'll ever see.
That post gave me aids
Old 06-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #3207
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
So today is the day. The Police Board Meeting Agenda has been published, and the VPD report on my complaint has been produced as well.

As a quick TL;DR, I am thoroughly disappointed by the results of the VPD investigation, though I cannot say I am the least bit surprised. Nothing good came out of the investigation report at all -- from my perspective, the VPD denied all allegations using sleazy and/or lamea$$ excuses. As the person who drafted up every single word of the complaint letter, it was infuirating to see my arguments getting shot down by all that BS.

At any rate, the meeting agenda can be found here:

https://vancouver.ca/police/policebo...613/agenda.pdf

The board meeting is to start at 1pm, and Connor and I are scheduled to present our short speeches from 1:05 to 1:15pm. After that, there is a scheduled 1.5 hrs worth of presentation and community meeting with the Jewish Community Center. My service and policy complaint report does not get discussed until about 3:15pm, so there is quite a bit of a time gap for us between the two parts.

If you are interested, you can find the service & complaint meeting agenda here:

https://vancouver.ca/police/policebo...3/agendaSP.pdf

The report from the VPD investigation can be found here:

* * * https://vancouver.ca/police/policebo...t-2019-004.pdf * * *

Just know that it is a long and infuriating read.

I want to tell everyone that I thoroughly appreciate your support on this matter. At the same time, in light of the limited floor time that we will receive, and the long wait in between the relevant portions of the meeting, I think it would not be time well-spent for any of us to attend the meeting. (and it would be rude to leave part way through the meeting as soon as our relevant portion is finished). I will obviously stay for the entire duration of the meeting to see the whole thing through, but if any of you is considering to come to attend the Police Board meeting, I'd ask you to consider the wortiness of your time to be spent in such a fruitless and discouraging manner. Ultimately, I'll leave it up to everyone to decide for themselves whether you'd want to attend. I understand there are more meaningful ways to spend a weekday afternoon, and I appreciate your support if you decide to attend nonetheless.

In light of the report, I would like to revise the 5 min speech that I have prepared over the last 2 evenings. But what I'd really need to do is to sit down and digest the report before I can decide how else I can proceed. Quite honestly, the results are very discouraging, and I do not know what other directions can be pursued that could bring meaningful and positive change.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #3208

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
That post gave me aids
Good, but prob a pre-existing condition.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #3209
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
So today is the day. The Police Board Meeting Agenda has been published, and the VPD report on my complaint has been produced as well.

As a quick TL;DR, I am thoroughly disappointed by the results of the VPD investigation, though I cannot say I am the least bit surprised. Nothing good came out of the investigation report at all -- from my perspective, the VPD denied all allegations using sleazy and/or lamea$$ excuses. As the person who drafted up every single word of the complaint letter, it was infuirating to see my arguments getting shot down by all that BS.

At any rate, the meeting agenda can be found here:

https://vancouver.ca/police/policebo...613/agenda.pdf

The board meeting is to start at 1pm, and Connor and I are scheduled to present our short speeches from 1:05 to 1:15pm. After that, there is a scheduled 1.5 hrs worth of presentation and community meeting with the Jewish Community Center. My service and policy complaint report does not get discussed until about 3:15pm, so there is quite a bit of a time gap for us between the two parts.

If you are interested, you can find the service & complaint meeting agenda here:

https://vancouver.ca/police/policebo...3/agendaSP.pdf

The report from the VPD investigation can be found here:

* * * https://vancouver.ca/police/policebo...t-2019-004.pdf * * *

Just know that it is a long and infuriating read.

I want to tell everyone that I thoroughly appreciate your support on this matter. At the same time, in light of the limited floor time that we will receive, and the long wait in between the relevant portions of the meeting, I think it would not be time well-spent for any of us to attend the meeting. (and it would be rude to leave part way through the meeting as soon as our relevant portion is finished). I will obviously stay for the entire duration of the meeting to see the whole thing through, but if any of you is considering to come to attend the Police Board meeting, I'd ask you to consider the wortiness of your time to be spent in such a fruitless and discouraging manner. Ultimately, I'll leave it up to everyone to decide for themselves whether you'd want to attend. I understand there are more meaningful ways to spend a weekday afternoon, and I appreciate your support if you decide to attend nonetheless.

In light of the report, I would like to revise the 5 min speech that I have prepared over the last 2 evenings. But what I'd really need to do is to sit down and digest the report before I can decide how else I can proceed. Quite honestly, the results are very discouraging, and I do not know what other directions can be pursued that could bring meaningful and positive change.
So what I gathered from reading that is since the owner of the Scion that passed inspections without modification didn't make the complaint themselves, they are dismissing it? Can we get the owner to issue a complaint in light of this?
Sprayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #3210
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
However, the process is not overly onerous as
there are over 2000 designated inspection facilities in the province (including, 80 within the City
of Vancouver) and all operate during regular business hours, with many being open on weekends.
Most inspections should be able to be completed within the same time frame as a regular vehicle
maintenance appointment.
Meme405 and I have mentioned this a few times that 7.08MVAR is being improperly used, and this can only further confirm it lol
tokyoteleport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #3211
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Quite honestly, the results are very discouraging, and I do not know what other directions can be pursued that could bring meaningful and positive change.
Personally I see a few positives here.

First, we finally got to hear the other side of the story, whether we agree or not with it.

Second, the VPD acknowledge they need more training. That's positive.

Two other things are no surprise at all:

1. VPD throws their hands up in the air and blames the provincial government system, not themselves. This was 100% expected.

2. VPD defends the actions of their officers. That's what cops do.

I think you deserve a big thanks from the community for spending time to write all that and taking it this far by attending the meeting.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #3212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Personally I see a few positives here.

I think you deserve a big thanks from the community for spending time to write all that and taking it this far by attending the meeting.
I'm with you. Plus do not underestimate the fact of the pressure on cops. They may make poker face, but there is a record now, and if the number of that records and complains would continue to grow...
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #3213

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
This report finds that while the training is adequate, there is value in producing a training bulletin to further educate and remind all operational members on vehicle safety requirements and the ability to order inspections on non-compliant vehicles through the use of N&Os. This training is being developed and it is anticipated that it will be delivered by June 30, 2019.
It seems fairly obvious to me that increased training will most likely result in increased enforcement... at no point in the report does the VPD suggest that more training is required as a result of officers incorrectly applying the use of the N&O.

Great work!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #3214

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
It seems fairly obvious to me that increased training will most likely result in increased enforcement... at no point in the report does the VPD suggest that more training is required as a result of officers incorrectly applying the use of the N&O.

Great work!

At least Traum made an effort through official channels. At least we can say we tried.

We used this thread the best we could have, asking for feedback and opinions for the production of an actual news report and an official complaint.

Jason, I would like to say love to say, great work and a great attitude, on being a fucking armchair expert.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #3215

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
The statement regarding more training isn't a positive. Similar to what Jasonturbo said, more training that is anticipated to be delivered by June 30, 2019 just reinforces what someone in this thread has mentioned.

In that person's encounter with enforcement, they said something along the lines of, you think this will die down? I'm in the process of training more officers to do what I'm doing right now.

Alternatively, further training doesn't specify what it actually means. Make the officers be retrained on what they are already taught? There is no indication that they will be changing the material in which they teach to officers.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #3216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
The statement regarding more training isn't a positive. Similar to what Jasonturbo said, more training that is anticipated to be delivered by June 30, 2019 just reinforces what someone in this thread has mentioned.

In that person's encounter with enforcement, they said something along the lines of, you think this will die down? I'm in the process of training more officers to do what I'm doing right now.

Alternatively, further training doesn't specify what it actually means. Make the officers be retrained on what they are already taught? There is no indication that they will be changing the material in which they teach to officers.

We know this, there was a bulletin released earlier. I'm just talking about Jason's response specifically and the petty "Good work" remark.

Honestly, I agree to shutting this thread down. Especially if RS is going to be another VCC, bunch of complainers and whiners with nothing to show for it, there's no point to this thread.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #3217
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Well isn't this a laugh... saw it parked in New West and actually pulled over to take a photo of it... Langley RCMP anti-gang car, modified C63 Coupe with custom rims, noticeable camber, zero wheel gap and non-OEM exhaust.

OH THE IRONY. No idea why the previews show upside down, if you click the images they are right side up................

68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #3218

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Attachment 30744Well isn't this a laugh... saw it parked in New West and actually pulled over to take a photo of it... Langley RCMP anti-gang car, modified C63 Coupe with custom rims, noticeable camber, zero wheel gap and non-OEM exhaust.

OH THE IRONY.

attachment doesn't work.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:24 PM   #3219

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
We know this, there was a bulletin released earlier. I'm just talking about Jason's response specifically and the petty "Good work" remark.

Honestly, I agree to shutting this thread down. Especially if RS is going to be another VCC, bunch of complainers and whiners with nothing to show for it, there's no point to this thread.
I wasn't convinced "we" knew that further training is a positive with all the thanks eff1 received. Perhaps people were thanking for other parts of the post, i don't know.

Don't get me wrong, i agree that Jason turbos great work comment was petty and unnecessary. I want to be able to drive my car again in Vancouver without the fear of subjective opinion, such as, my factory spec camber is visible camber.

Some things that can be done going forward is, badhobz and the scion putting in complaints because those 2 got brushed off due to insufficient information as traum was just a secondary source. Another is pursue provincial government like the document published today suggested.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #3220

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Well, at least Richmond is relatively safe for now.

Audi R8 seized in Richmond
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/audi-r8-seized...-say-1.4462243

Quote:
"That is not something we find acceptable in our community," Cpl. Dennis Hwang told CTV News.

Some sports car drivers have expressed concerns that they're being unduly targeted by police, but Hwang said that's not the case in Richmond. He said officers are on the lookout for particular behaviours, not particular vehicles.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #3221
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
I wasn't convinced "we" knew that further training is a positive with all the thanks eff1 received. Perhaps people were thanking for other parts of the post, i don't know.

Don't get me wrong, i agree that Jason turbos great work comment was petty and unnecessary. I want to be able to drive my car again in Vancouver without the fear of subjective opinion, such as, my factory spec camber is visible camber.

Some things that can be done going forward is, badhobz and the scion putting in complaints because those 2 got brushed off due to insufficient information as traum was just a secondary source. Another is pursue provincial government like the document published today suggested.
In lieu of the government changing the VI system, I think better training is the best outcome we can expect.

Ideally, what would happen is VPD would train a small number of officers to be designated mini roadside inspectors. Kind of like certified Drug Recognition Experts. At least if you get pulled over, there is a better chance officer knows what he/she is talking about and if you do get issued a VI, there is less chance of it being done on a purely subjective, non-educated basis. Only these designated officers can issue a Box 1 or 2.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #3222

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
Well, at least Richmond is relatively safe for now.

Audi R8 seized in Richmond
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/audi-r8-seized...-say-1.4462243
Amazing how time changes things. 10 years ago Richmond was the place I’d stay away from. Now downtown.

Thank you Rick for going through the hassle of doing all this. I wonder where we go from here.
EDub_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 AM   #3223
I am Hook'd on RS

When dealing with Police - you should know your Charter of Rights:

A Citizen?s Guide to Rights When Dealing With Police (in Canada)

Just keep in mind - "VI's" are only a violation and is not a crime.
Carguru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2019, 07:09 PM   #3224
I am Hook'd on RS

https://www.castanet.net/news/Behind...de-inspections
Carguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:44 PM   #3225
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well isn't this a laugh... saw it parked in New West and actually pulled over to take a photo of it... Langley RCMP anti-gang car, modified C63 Coupe with custom rims, noticeable camber, zero wheel gap and non-OEM exhaust.
not even VPD nor in/around CoV so i dont see the big deal

at least this is more appropriate

twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote