REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #3301
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's been like this for decades, young kids with obnoxiously modded cars causing problems for everyone else is nothing new.
The problem is, in this social media age, these stupid young kids have a bigger platform than ever to spew their BS.

I remember being an idiot in my teens, luckily Facebook was only starting to be popular and there was no such thing as Instagram or Snapchat. Even YouTube hadn't blown up yet. When I look back on my stupidity, I can take comfort in the fact that only a handful of people will remember those antics.

People like dukkake? He will, for the next decade at least, be known and widely reviled as the reason the Vancouver car community can't have nice things. Even if he does wise up, his past, thanks to social media, will never be too far behind.

I almost feel bad for him....
Advertisement
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2019, 06:41 AM   #3302
I don't get it

I think Cain and Christensen have eliminated all the RHD japanese sportscars from vancouver. Barely even see a r32 around these days.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #3303
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
To be fair, I think most of the owners of those cars did a pretty good job of eliminating them.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #3304
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
worthy jdm performance ones like rx7/gt-r/supra will probably mostly go state side to get cashed out as many are coming up on 25 years

aside from the odd sti, mitsubishi 4x4 or kei trucks, RHD doesnt seem as prevalent compared to 10-15 years ago
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #3305
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
I think Cain and Christensen have eliminated all the RHD japanese sportscars from vancouver. Barely even see a r32 around these days.
Hmm. As an owner of a RHD JDM import myself, I still see quite a few of us around at parking lot car meets and on the roads. Maybe not as much as before but we're still here. It's most likely because we all just avoid Vancouver or Langley or wherever Cain is now.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #3306
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,925 Times in 3,877 Posts
As said above a lot of the JDM cars with big fanboi followings ended up in the US, there's also a lot of imports that are just "an car" or have a USDM equivalent so they don't really stand out.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #3307

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
While in Nanaimo.

Quote:
Jack point burnouts need to stay away from the businesses up the rd.(police said today) No hwy racing and we also need to make sure noone is intoxicated and driving. Things will go a lot smoothly for our congregation if we can do these things. Also there will be a food truck every sunday after canada day.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #3308
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
^^^ is there context you can provide for this quote?
Old 06-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #3309
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I am guessing you mean the racing and antics that go on at the end of Jackson Rd in Nanaimo next to Duke Pt ferry terminal.
It was happening 20yrs ago and probably well before that.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #3310

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
^^^ is there context you can provide for this quote?

There is a car meet that happens every Sunday night at Jack point by the ferry terminal. Things like burnouts, donuts and street races happen there. Police seem to be O.K. with it.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #3311
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,441 Times in 5,113 Posts
Sheeeeeit... I finally have a legitimate reason to go to Nanaimo
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #3312
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
^ I hear the bars there are decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #3313

City just repainted the racing lines.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #3314
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
There is a car meet that happens every Sunday night at Jack point by the ferry terminal.
Spoiler!
Those houses on the bluff on Gabriola right across from Duke point are amazing. Not much infrastructure, and there are some real crazy bastards who live in the Gulf islands, but dem homes.....
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #3315
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Those houses on the bluff on Gabriola right across from Duke point are amazing.
Triggered.
Sprayed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #3316
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Those houses on the bluff on Gabriola right across from Duke point are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprayed View Post
Triggered.
Guess who I saw at the Fast and Sweaty meets wearing a stab vest LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #3317

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Do people even talk to Duke at meets or they shy away from him? Lol
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #3318
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2019, 08:24 AM   #3319
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Do people even talk to Duke at meets or they shy away from him? Lol
People still defend him. Had some kid go off at me on IG because I called him a retard. "You don't know the full story about what happened." I guess he still has friends.

I read earlier in this thread that someone asked if his parents care or not? There's a video of him crashing his car while trying to drift and his dad is just laughing in it. Seems obvious they don't care what he does.

Also, didn't want to make a thread to ask a stupid question but does anyone know if I can just pay the ticket I disputed without going to court? I really can't be fucked to go to court for my excessive noise ticket anymore. This whole fiasco has me drained. Does Statute of Limitations apply to a disputed ticket or no? If yes, I might as well adjourn it however that works. (Never gotten a ticket before; hence why I CBA)

I also finally got the name of the cop who gave me my ticket.

Offense Date: November 18th, 2018.
Court Date: Beginning of September.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #3320

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
People still defend him. Had some kid go off at me on IG because I called him a retard. "You don't know the full story about what happened." I guess he still has friends.
Fucking losers will always find other losers to hang out and be losers with. Its no surprise. Theres enough people out there with the "fuck the police" mentality.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #3321
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:

I read earlier in this thread that someone asked if his parents care or not? There's a video of him crashing his car while trying to drift and his dad is just laughing in it. Seems obvious they don't care what he does.

Also, didn't want to make a thread to ask a stupid question but does anyone know if I can just pay the ticket I disputed without going to court? I really can't be fucked to go to court for my excessive noise ticket anymore. This whole fiasco has me drained. Does Statute of Limitations apply to a disputed ticket or no? If yes, I might as well adjourn it however that works. (Never gotten a ticket before; hence why I CBA)

I also finally got the name of the cop who gave me my ticket.

Offense Date: November 18th, 2018.
Court Date: Beginning of September.
statute of limitations is the timeframe after a crime is committed that the police are allowed to press charges. i don't think it applies to traffic violations (i could be wrong), and it doesn't apply to you because you've already been issued a violation ticket. you could try for failure of due process or something like that (basically you aren't given a speedy trial, though again i'm not sure if that applies to traffic court) but at less than a year from dispute to court date, i don't think you'd win that one.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:25 AM   #3322
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
statute of limitations is the timeframe after a crime is committed that the police are allowed to press charges. i don't think it applies to traffic violations (i could be wrong), and it doesn't apply to you because you've already been issued a violation ticket. you could try for failure of due process or something like that (basically you aren't given a speedy trial, though again i'm not sure if that applies to traffic court) but at less than a year from dispute to court date, i don't think you'd win that one.
Yah, that's why I'm wondering if I can just call it a day and just pay it without having to go to court.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #3323
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Just wanted to chime in, I got VI'd in May on Powell St and Wall St (I was on Wall St turning right onto Powell) during my morning commute. I have an 03 VW GTI that was aggressively lowered, satin black wrap, aftermarket headlights and smoked side markers and fender repeaters. The officer wasn't a jerk about it, but he had issues with my tire clearance (he actually said to me that the tires can rub and heat up and explode without enough clearance - it was very low but nothing rubbed, but yeah it was too low), aftermarket headlights, and other smoked lights. This included the tail lights which have smoked signals from the factory - the officer claimed they were not certified as he could not find a marking on them to that effect. As far as I know my car has the factory tail lights (I bought it with the other modifications, so they could have been changed but they look factory to me).

Unfortunately for me this happened at a very bad time as it was a week before I left for Europe for 2 weeks, so I only had about 2 weeks of being here to get the car fixed within 30 days. Since it is my daily and I commute into Vancouver I had no choice but to fix it. Since my car was on coilovers I figured no problem I would just raise it... well no the coilvers were rusted and frozen and I could not raise it in the front. Time to replace with stock suspension $$$ (and if you don't know, stock struts and springs on a MK4 golf make it look like a 4x4). I also had to get OEM headlights and put them in (the officer claimed the aftermarket headlights were not certified - I later found out they actually are E4 certified, but at the time I had no idea), and stock side markers and fender repeaters.

I hoped my troubles were over and it would pass inspection at this point, but the VW dealership I took it to had other ideas. Even though I discussed the situation with them beforehand and they assured me the aftermarket exhaust would pass, their inspector failed it because of that and a laundry list of other items, and then quoted me $4k to fix it all (car is barely even worth that). Needless to say I took it elsewhere to get the major things fixed. That place also advised me, after making some calls, that since it has failed inspection at the dealership, I can now get it inspected and passed somewhere else as I have fulfilled the requirement on the ticket to get it inspected at a dealership - even though the dealership failed it. Somehow I don't think the next VPD officer I meet will agree with this assessment, but I can't afford to fix everything the dealer claimed was wrong with the car, and I need to be able to drive it. All in it cost me about $2000 which I really could not afford right now, but at least it has passed inspection.

This whole experience has ruined modified car ownership for me in a big way, I have owned this car for 7 years and it has been lowered like that for 5 of those years (it was actually even lower when I bought it, I raised it after a couple of years) and never had an issue until now. I just want to sell the car and move on with my life, the car is ruined for me now. Time to buy something that blends in with the masses I guess, don't stick out if you don't want to be harassed. Vancouver = no fun allowed.

Last edited by Slikk; 07-02-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Slikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #3324
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Can you post a pic of the car? 4k to fix a mk4 sounds insane.
trollface is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #3325
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Yes you can.

Quote:
Yah, that's why I'm wondering if I can just call it a day and just pay it without having to go to court.
snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote