REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #4451
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Where is this Facebook group you are all referring to?
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2020, 09:25 AM   #4452
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I have the utmost respect for all first responders that are still going to work dealing with all types of shit that the general public wouldn't even believe. I even could care less what he VI's... but the fact that he's spending his time to still do this in a city that has declared a state of emergency speaks volumes to the type of character he is or his bosses if they think this is still a priority.

I'm sure there are fellow vpd brotherin who have the virus from working on the job and others are doing a lot of OT because of shit going down. Surely they can go help out the general duty members?

I know the general public could care less about the car community and whats going on. However, i'm sure they would care when they find out that the vpd are probably prioritizing calls right now and most likely aren't going to attend their theft or break and enter call... and yet there is a dedicated unit spending their time staking out the streets for lowered civics during a provincial and city state of emergency

I seriously do not know how they can go back to the detachment and look at the other potentially sick or overworked vpd members and say they are police officers too. At this point, they seem more like bylaw officers with a gun
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #4453
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
I have the utmost respect for all first responders that are still going to work dealing with all types of shit that the general public wouldn't even believe. I even could care less what he VI's... but the fact that he's spending his time to still do this in a city that has declared a state of emergency speaks volumes to the type of character he is or his bosses if they think this is still a priority.

I'm sure there are fellow vpd brotherin who have the virus from working on the job and others are doing a lot of OT because of shit going down. Surely they can go help out the general duty members?

I know the general public could care less about the car community and whats going on. However, i'm sure they would care when they find out that the vpd are probably prioritizing calls right now and most likely aren't going to attend their theft or break and enter call... and yet there is a dedicated unit spending their time staking out the streets for lowered civics during a provincial and city state of emergency

I seriously do not know how they can go back to the detachment and look at the other potentially sick or overworked vpd members and say they are police officers too. At this point, they seem more like bylaw officers with a gun
I am sure they are proud. They pulled over a lowered civic that was a threat to public roads. Someone's gotta keep the road safe.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:21 AM   #4454
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
It’s sad he is going out of his way to cost people large sums of money at a time when everyone is going totally broke.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:43 PM   #4455
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Meanwhile, real cops, first responders and hospital staff are putting their health on the line, to help get us through this.

Fucking glorified flashlight cop. To serve and protect.
Good job

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #4456
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
well, just a heads up....

(just passing on info found on fb, not my photos)

someone got busted this morning around 31st and Victoria...

Spoiler!
Damn after all these years they finally caught Hector with all them stolen VCRs

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #4457
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Damn after all these years they finally caught Hector with all them stolen VCRs
DVD players
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #4458
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

VI’ing a civic because the spoiler caught his eye while I bet a dump truck probably cruises on by with bald tires and no load tarp securement on. I guess he can go back and brag to his buddies on how clean and easy his job is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
well, just a heads up....

(just passing on info found on fb, not my photos)

someone got busted this morning around 31st and Victoria...

and right now they are all chilling at the esso station~

Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:11 PM   #4459
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
You really would think that he would back down and at most issue warnings to people given the current global situation. Instead he’s doubling down because his fragile ego is still damaged after two years and a fucking kid is living rent free in his head.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #4460
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
VPD traffic is complete garbage. This is where our tax money is used. We are in a serious situation across the globe and people have no jobs, sick with health conditions, businesses shutting down and you have this fucktard penalizing people when these are even "safety" concerns. So much for social distancing when you have fucktard in your face issuing you a Vi. There is always a place and time for things, is this even a right time to be doing such things to people? "I wish someone would just cough in his face now".
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #4461
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
^
I agree, it's beyond messed up. The entire city is on lockdown, the roads are deserted and these assholes are driving around looking to hand out VI's. Is this really a priority for the VPD?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #4462

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
^
I agree, it's beyond messed up. The entire city is on lockdown, the roads are deserted and these assholes are driving around looking to hand out VI's. Is this really a priority for the VPD?
Priority to VI the workers of essential services on their way to and from work.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #4463

Thanked 2,067 Times in 556 Posts
Sorry for the potato quality, didnt know how to make a private video in my group public... so I did the stupid thing of just recording my monitor with my cellphone and uploading it to youtube.

Some context, there is no license plate because it was for BOX 1, when the video started, plates has already been seized...

I think we all know whose truck it is NP 0037

VPD... VI .... Richmond Bridgeport Shell Gas Station

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #4464

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Lol that's what they're using? I have the same sound level meter from AMAZON, couldn't even pony up for a real one?
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #4465
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
soon VPD traffic is gonna run out of people to VI in neighboring jurisdictions they'll have to visit Surrey, Agassiz, Squamish to get some action
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #4466
My homepage has been set to RS

maybe it's just me but that car did not sound loud at all or 94db that it clocked at
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #4467
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
This was posted on the Facebook Alliance page by one of the mods, I think it's a very practical and orderly guide to use if you are pulled and subjected to some of these "testing procedures" maybe even print them out to keep in your car.

---

This is my suggestion ONLY and does not constitute legal advice, but getting this information if you are stopped will likely help you fight 'noisy exhaust' tickets and filing a complaint if you choose to do so. I take no responsibility for what happens, but I believe these are reasonable things to ask.

Be friendly and film the interaction!!! And please fill out the form in the announcements section of this group if you do get a ticket and/or notice and order for an inspection.

Ask him what you are being pulled over for? If you are being pulled over for a loud exhaust, ask:
- What is the legal limit for exhaust noise?
- Were you doing something to cause unnecessary noise or are you being ticketed simply because of the exhaust you have installed? (it's good if he says it is just the exhaust, because 7A.01 is a driver behavior ticket)

Ask the following questions if they want to measure you:
- Are they using this to determine if you are violating MVA regulations?
- How will they be measuring the exhaust and positioning the microphone?
- State that the MVA and Federal regulation limits of 83db (if that’s what they quoted in response to 3.a.) is based on international regulations SAE J986 which is a measurement taken 15m from a vehicle in motion at 3/4 load. Why are they using a standard and procedure that isn’t in the BC MVA or federal guidelines for passenger vehicles? The procedure they are describing is for motorcycles or under a completely different standard (ISO 5130, not used in BC or Canada)
- Where are they getting the benchmark values for their test since it’s different from BC MVA and Federal standards?

If they are asking you to perform the test, state that if you do so, you would be violating MVA regulation 7A.01 because you would be causing unnecessary noise by revving your engine while stopped. You don’t want to break the law, but they are free to conduct the test themselves. (Note: the reason you want them to conduct the test is because it’s not valid anyways, and you can film them)

If you are getting an N&O, ask him what vehicle defect he is suspecting you of having and why he suspects it?

If you are getting an N&O with a dealership written on it, ask:
- What happens when none of the dealerships in the GVRD have vehicle inspectors according to the government, any authorized facility can perform inspections. Why is he directing you to a dealership?
- What is he basing suspicion of an equipment violation on and why is he issuing you a Box 2?
I disagree with what this guy is trying to tell everyone but agree with the intentions. Just my 0.02 because there is nothing else to do during the quarantine period.

First off MVA/MVAR rules are provincially governed. This means that the province makes their own guidelines on vehicle regs. I know its conflicting vs the federal standards but ultimately the Federal government has given the power to the provincial gov to make their own guidelines and rules.

Just curious has anyone even consulted a lawyer for the precedent of excessive noise violations? Looks like a lot of the public is uneducated and is complaining at certain officers using amazon db sound meters. It does not even matter how they administer the roadside test in the end to secure a conviction. It looks like lots of mis-information is being spreaded. Police officers do NOT need to use a proper DB meter to measure the noise and sound of a vehicle for a VI or an excessive noise violation ticket.
Look up R. v. Tootil (Former MLA driving Harley.)
https://bcdrivinglawyers.com/can-you...VjMAGqrH55BCZU

Case law precedent: the DB test is just a objective measure to corroborate the subjective opinion of an officer's view that it's loud and unecessary.

If you think that the officers are applying the legislation wrong then what is your argument to the supreme court judge who have used the provision to convict Mr. Tootil of Div. 7. (This is being used as precedent on CAR regulations as well as motorcycle)

I think the real definitive problem here is that the threshold for a VI is very very low. The usage of Vehicle inspection orders are too discretionary as it only requires a suspicion.
They don't need to tell you what they suspect you to have because that's will be written on the ticket.

Example in Quebec they have written in writing: "A police officer who has doubts about the safety of a vehicle can order it to undergo a mechanical inspection, even if the SAAQ had already deemed the vehicle in compliance, because it might have been modified again since the last inspection. Furthermore, if the police officer notices modifications for which you cannot provide a certificate of inspection from the SAAQ, your vehicle could be taken off the road if the officer believes it necessary due to the nature of the modifications." (https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/road-safe...modified-cars/)

I think what the community needs is something like this an CLEAR idea on whats allowed or prohibited in B.C
Quebec: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/do...ur-vehicle.pdf
Saskatchewan: https://reginapolice.ca/vehicle/vehi...ifications.pdf

P.S Yes I'm against the notice and orders on stock vehicles. Yes I understand that there are modifications on cars that are factory performance or oem equivalent. It all depends on how you are driving the car. At the end of the day have a dash cam. Shift gears normally don't go above xk rpm in the city especially where it echos. Don't rev your lambo in the city. Don't be on corsa/track/track mode or whatever it is that opens up the valves in your car.
Argument is that sport mode and other modes holds higher RPMs for longer periods = unnecessary noise. Sport mode suspension in some modern cars makes it stiffer.

I'm all eyes n ears tell me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by frsdaily; 03-22-2020 at 01:28 PM.
frsdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #4468
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
I'd get a ticket for obstruction of traffic if I was shifting my e30 below 3k RPM.
Theres behaving well then there are unrealistic expectations of how to drive.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #4469
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
RIP old cars

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #4470
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,133 Posts
If you get pulled over can you tell the cops to stay 2-6m away from you at all times due to provincial health orders ?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #4471
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
2 years since VI blitz started, still never been pulled over by VPD and i live in the hot spots

front hook, smoked signals, wider tires

stock height/exhaust, front plate

are vehicles without boomy exhausts/various driving modes less targeted?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #4472
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
2 years since VI blitz started, still never been pulled over by VPD and i live in the hot spots

front hook, smoked signals, wider tires

stock height/exhaust, front plate

are vehicles without boomy exhausts/various driving modes less targeted?
Case by case scenario:

Age of driver
Sporty/Exotic Vehicles
Asian
Driver behavior

Obvious Targets
Big exhaust tips
A loud exhaust
Lowered
Vehicle visual mods that stand out

On a slow day - anyone can be pulled over
Carguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #4473
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,818 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguru View Post
Case by case scenario:

Age of driver
Sporty/Exotic Vehicles
Asian
Driver behavior

Obvious Targets
Big exhaust tips
A loud exhaust
Lowered
Vehicle visual mods that stand out

On a slow day - anyone can be pulled over
wait what??!!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #4474
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Totally not waisist.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #4475
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
If you get pulled over can you tell the cops to stay 2-6m away from you at all times due to provincial health orders ?
Or just start coughing uncontrollably maybe they'll just fuck it and leave you alone
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote