REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #351
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
This stupid kid needs to be dunked on.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #352
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
So what? You now have a several thousand dollar piece of metal that cannot be inspected? This would not be a problem if WHOEVER STARTED THIS SHIT JUST MANS THE FUCK UP AND TAKES RESPONSIBILITY.
It can't be inspected according to the "order", but its slightly rediculous lol

Buddy has an appointment to go to the station and figure out what exactly they want him to do. Porsche has absolutely no plan on becoming a designated inspection facility.

Unlikely but:

Isn't this a conflict of interest? What if a police officer started issuing VI's to cars and ordering that they go to his "friends shop", or somewhere where he/she has a deal with them?

System seems kind of flawed?

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #353
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
It can't be inspected according to the "order", but its slightly rediculous lol

Buddy has an appointment to go to the station and figure out what exactly they want him to do. Porsche has absolutely no plan on becoming a designated inspection facility.

Pics of said Porsche that got VI'd? Curious to know if this is another stock car that got VI'd like BadHobz (who's probably selling cause Vi'd )
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Pics of said Porsche that got VI'd? Curious to know if this is another stock car that got VI'd like BadHobz (who's probably selling cause Vi'd )
Will get, its a standard 997 Turbo, has a Techart exhaust and I think a ECU flash, nothing over the top.

Its probably my fault.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #355
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
this has been discussed a lot in the past in the police forum.

here's a post by zulu that says:

Quote:
Equipment of motor vehicles
219 (1) A person must not drive or operate a motor vehicle or trailer on a highway or rent a motor vehicle or trailer unless it is equipped in all respects in compliance with this Act and the regulations.

(2) A peace officer

(a) may require a person who carries on the business of renting vehicles or who is the owner or person in charge of a vehicle

(i) to allow the peace officer to inspect a vehicle offered by the person for rental or owned by or in charge of the person, or

(ii) to move a vehicle described in subparagraph (i) to a place designated by the peace officer and to allow the vehicle to be inspected there by the peace officer, or, at the expense of the person required, to present the vehicle for inspection by a person authorized under section 217, and

(b) must remove any inspection certificate of approval affixed to the vehicle if, in the opinion of the peace officer or a person authorized under section 217, the vehicle is unsafe for use on a highway.
bold added to emphasize bits of importance.

they only time they can specify a location is if it's to go there immediately for they themselves to inspect (ie. that parking lot over there so i'm not sticking my ass into traffic trying to look at your suspension), and the alternative is for you to pay out of pocket for an authorized inspector to inspect the vehicle. doesn't say anything about specifying who that inspector HAS to be other than a person authorized under section 217

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #356
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,506 Times in 3,051 Posts
Quote:
Immma gonna buy a fucking Corolla now.
Try and get me now cops!!

Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2018, 06:37 AM   #357
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

You shouldn't drive period. Just get a chaffeur bro.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #358
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,506 Times in 3,051 Posts
why so salty? if youre looking for a job as my chauffeur this isnt the way to try and score an interview
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #359
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
lol VI issued says:

"Must be inspected by Porsche dealer"

CVSE Area Inspector has now confirmed that you actually cannot take it anywhere, and its part of the order.

Best part, no Porsche dealer in BC can do VI's LOL..
When people get information like this. Do us a favour and get the name of the individual who tells you. That way there is some traceability...

Also let us know if you were told this information personally by that person or if you are just parroting third hand information.

So much misinformation floating around...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #360

Fernando Grossling
604 220-8636
Area Vehicle Inspector for Burnaby

https://www.cvse.ca/vehicle_inspecti...Phone_List.pdf

Spoke to him personally and he was the one who told me that by going to another shop, I'm violating the order. Feel free to give him a call and ask him, if you ask about the Porsche that can't be inspected I'm sure he will remember me.

Third party parroting info: I was told by a friend TSS called and asked about this "must be inspected by dealer", and was told the same thing by the Area Inspector.

All shops who are licensed by CVSE should be annoyed by this, as everyone technically is supposed to uphold the same standard, but business is being directed by police order.

tbh inspecting at another shop will probably get you passed and in the clear, but if the same cop stops you, expect to receive a box 1 next time if he remembers you.

Its probably my fault.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
this has been discussed a lot in the past in the police forum.

here's a post by zulu that says:

bold added to emphasize bits of importance.

they only time they can specify a location is if it's to go there immediately for they themselves to inspect (ie. that parking lot over there so i'm not sticking my ass into traffic trying to look at your suspension), and the alternative is for you to pay out of pocket for an authorized inspector to inspect the vehicle. doesn't say anything about specifying who that inspector HAS to be other than a person authorized under section 217

So I got fairly excited when I first read this and saw your interpretation of this. Then when you look into the MVA further you find this....... CVSE emailed me exactly this:

Quote:

Thank you for your email.

In British Columbia, Notice and Orders - Box 2 require a complete mechanical inspection at a Designated Inspection Facility.

Motor Vehicle Act Regulations Division 7.08 – Inspection of motor vehicles, stated below, is the applicable regulatory reference regarding your inquiry.

Inspection of motor vehicles
7.08 The owner or the person in charge of a motor vehicle or trailer operated, or about to be operated, on any highway shall, upon the request of any peace officer, forthwith take the motor vehicle or trailer to the place designated by the peace officer and submit the motor vehicle or trailer there for inspection and testing.
[am. B.C. Reg. 246/83, s. 1.]

Where there be concerns regarding enforcement action taken by a particular agency, questions regarding said actions or the noted regulation should directed to the local agency.
So if the officer designates the dealer, and submitting it there?

Frustrating, and I thought for years you could go anywhere

Its probably my fault.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #362
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
So I got fairly excited when I first read this and saw your interpretation of this. Then when you look into the MVA further you find this....... CVSE emailed me exactly this:

So if the officer designates the dealer, and submitting it there?

Frustrating, and I thought for years you could go anywhere
from the page this was taken from
Quote:
This archived regulation consolidation is current to December 9, 2005 and includes changes enacted and in force by that date. For the most current information, click here.
i'm going to see if i can find something newer

*edit*
and it's the same in the newest.. hmm.. that is sort of concerning if two items contradict each other...

this smacks of conflict of interest. as was suggested in the thread i linked, this could leave an opening for an officer to be getting kickbacks from a shop for specifying them for all the officer's VI's

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #363
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,699 Times in 877 Posts
So what's the Porsche owner gonna do if Porsche doesn't do vi?

And I was rolling around today and saw this epic scene

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #364
I am Hook'd on RS

I decided my weekly YouTube video was going to be on the topic. I wasn't irritated at all about getting my VI until I read this thread. Thanks for bringing this up. I've disabled monetization in this video.

sporadicMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #365
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Fernando Grossling
604 220-8636
Area Vehicle Inspector for Burnaby

https://www.cvse.ca/vehicle_inspecti...Phone_List.pdf

Spoke to him personally and he was the one who told me that by going to another shop, I'm violating the order. Feel free to give him a call and ask him, if you ask about the Porsche that can't be inspected I'm sure he will remember me.

Third party parroting info: I was told by a friend TSS called and asked about this "must be inspected by dealer", and was told the same thing by the Area Inspector.

All shops who are licensed by CVSE should be annoyed by this, as everyone technically is supposed to uphold the same standard, but business is being directed by police order.

tbh inspecting at another shop will probably get you passed and in the clear, but if the same cop stops you, expect to receive a box 1 next time if he remembers you.
That's dope man, props to you for actually taking some time and getting some useful info.

I see a major conflict of interest in this, a cop can easily write a million of these VI's, and direct them all to go through his friends shop. Sounds like complete bullshit. Especially when generally there is no recourse for the vehicle owner to deal with this besides going and getting it inspected.

I'm going to skip over to an industry where i have more experience and draw contrasts. When Technical Safety BC requires inspections on boilers, or welded piping, they have absolutely ZERO right to mandate who the inspector is (as long as the inspector is qualified), and by that same strategy should that inspector find an issue he has no right to mandate who does the repairs to the system (as long as the person doing to repairs is qualified).

So I'm curious legally speaking how this situation with police the government can justify being any different.

If so what's next the government hops in bed with an inspection agency and and every construction company from here to Nova Scotia has to pony up to their bullshit?

We're fucking headed down one hell of a corruption filled rabbit hole.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #366
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporadicMotion View Post
I decided my weekly YouTube video was going to be on the topic. I wasn't irritated at all about getting my VI until I read this thread. Thanks for bringing this up. I've disabled monetization in this video.

https://youtu.be/-eSQhNsAxtg
Well said, but the parties involved here will probably not see this, or will even mock it because more e-fame points, or just not give a damn at all. To some of these people, their clout or influence on social media gives them perceived insulation from recognizing fault, see Logan Paul until he was hammered hard enough to notice.

Something like this didn't have to be posted, but here we are.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #367
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
+3 dB = double the sound pressure level
+10 dB = ten times the sound pressure level
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #368
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Is there anything you can do if you got VI'd in like a 100% stock car? Like let's say you rolled into the road block in 1st gear at like 35km in a stock s2000
I didn't get VI'ed, but I got a ticket for having front window tint. The officer didn't realize that all cars come with slight UV tint on the front already.

I called him up a few days later, and explained to him and also had a letter from Mazda stating the windows are factory and are legal.

He agreed to meet with me and his supervisor. The supervisor looked at it and gave him a lesson on how to detect after market tint properly and had my ticket canceled.

It's worth a try.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #369
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,158 Times in 182 Posts
So it means these untrained officers are just handing out tickets and VI for fun
325isMSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #370
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Thankfully Richmond rcmp still seem pretty chill. Got a friendly wave earlier today coming back from point Roberts.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #371
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Stay out of Vancouver until this guy is transferred into something more important than traffic. Which is unlikely. Because he’s in traffic and seems to enjoy it.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #372
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
We used to say around my old office... and this applies to any Constable or any traffic guy... if you're either a Cst or a traffic guy and you're 40+ it means you were too dumb to do anything else or had too many employment issues to advance anywhere and you probably would have been fired for disciplinary issues already if the unions weren't so strong.

Of course there's the odd guy/girl here and there that for some reason enjoys traffic and actually thinks he/she is making a difference handing out speeding tickets to the sacrificial lambs that get picked off in traffic every day, but I'm going to guess this particular VPD officer is not in that minority.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #373
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Thankfully Richmond rcmp still seem pretty chill. Got a friendly wave earlier today coming back from point Roberts.
RCMP in general. Surrey and Langley I've had no issues with at all, and I need to raise my rear coilovers a bit.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #374
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Is there anything you can do if you got VI'd in like a 100% stock car? Like let's say you rolled into the road block in 1st gear at like 35km in a stock s2000

Dw a bright coloured stock s2k almost got VI'd but didn't. Stock exhaust, lowered, wheels sit flush if you look at it from the side, wheels poke if you look at it from the front.

Motocop turned on his lights, did a U turn, stared at the wheel for 10sec, did another U-turn and rode away.

I can't wait until it's too cold for them to ride LOL.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #375
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Dw a bright coloured stock s2k almost got VI'd but didn't. Stock exhaust, lowered, wheels sit flush if you look at it from the side, wheels poke if you look at it from the front.

Motocop turned on his lights, did a U turn, stared at the wheel for 10sec, did another U-turn and rode away.

I can't wait until it's too cold for them to ride LOL.
Where was this
mikasaur is offline   Reply With Quote