REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #726
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post

IMO this kind of behaviour could escalate if a driver (knowing full well they are innocent) were to be more defensive and argued with the officer. One thing leads to another and next thing you know, the officer is calling for backup due to an uncooperative and aggressive driver during a "routine traffic stop".
Getting shotted because of license plate location.

File these videos as complaints. Get these assholes off the force.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #727
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,254 Posts
so wheres the apology that was supposed to be from dukkake

I miss the days when cops would show up to meets and talk to people to not do stupid shit.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #728
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

It is true. An officers job is to de escalate situations, and in that video, his decorum was completely condescending and assholish.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2018, 10:37 PM   #729
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
so wheres the apology that was supposed to be from dukkake

I miss the days when cops would show up to meets and talk to people to not do stupid shit.
I'd like to see the video of dukkake_ explaining his side of the story even though I probably won't believe it, I'd like to see what shit he has to say to back up his story.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #730
Need my Daily Fix of RS

fuck tha Pohlease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #731
Need my Daily Fix of RS

#stancelivesmatter #staticcaptains #artofpants #vancity #squampton
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #732
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,970 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
If it takes a bunch of legitimate complaints from misrepresented infractions on stock vehicles then so be it.
That's the part that's confusing me, as you said many of us have been floating in a grey area for ages with vehicles that weren't technically legal but generally ignored unless you did something really stupid. Meaning there are loads of noncomplaint cars rolling around that they could decide to stop being lenient towards and crack down on, so why bother with stuff that's stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
what's the legality of a butterfly valve in the exhaust?
I know several vehicles have mechanical ones (spring holds it closed until exhaust pressure overpowers the spring), and a bunch of bikes have electric ones that are automatically controlled, though I don't know if they have to be set up so that even with the valve open the volume is legal. I've been trying to track down one off an SRT Grand Cherokee but no luck so far.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #733
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Another one. Everyone should be writing to there MLA.
Quote:
Elmore.MLA, Mable

Hi

Thank you for your email. Mable is in Victoria so she asked me to respond on her behalf.

In general, our office is unable to assist with concerns that do not involve the provincial government.

For more information about the VPD, you can visit their website where they also have a link with information about how the public can submit compliments or complaints about their officers:

https://vancouver.ca/police/organiza...omplaints.html

I hope this is useful. And if you live in Vancouver-Kensington and have another issue that involves the provincial government, please contact us again.

Sincerely,

Maita Santiago| Constituency Assistant |Mable Elmore, MLA Vancouver-Kensington
P: 604-775-1033 | F: 604-775-1330 | 6106 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC V5W 3A1
Old 10-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #734
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Has anyone figured out that you HAVE to go to a dealer?
I called the other day and they said any shop with a certified inspector will work. Yet again someone is telling me because the ticket says "Toyota" dealer, it MUST go to a Toyota dealer with a certified inspector.

Getting mixed information
Honda x 3
Mazda
Toyota
Suzuki
Subaru
Warp9Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:09 AM   #735
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp9Racing View Post
Has anyone figured out that you HAVE to go to a dealer?
I called the other day and they said any shop with a certified inspector will work. Yet again someone is telling me because the ticket says "Toyota" dealer, it MUST go to a Toyota dealer with a certified inspector.

Getting mixed information
The officer has the final word of where to go.

That said some shops are still allowing the inspection even tho it says go to a dealer

I've spoken to some Media representatives in regard to this, so far most just don't think it's a story and others says there's not much that can be done.
I'll continue to reach out to see who is willing to cover this story or do some more investigative work and will update back.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:45 AM   #736
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,562 Times in 1,525 Posts
So did buddy with a Porsche work for his money or did he come from daddy's money? If it's the former, effectively, a hard working middle class citizen is denied his ability to drive the car that he worked so hard for because there's no Porsche dealership that can do the inspection

Edit: Re: Media - Same as Aznboi, not much I can do, if there's no story. The general public won't agree with the narrative. Unless say we start several charity events and actually end up raising money, where the "good outweighs the bad".
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 10-24-2018 at 08:16 AM.
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #737
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post

That said some shops are still allowing the inspection even tho it says go to a dealer

So still unclear haha.
Honda x 3
Mazda
Toyota
Suzuki
Subaru
Warp9Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #738
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
The officer has the final word of where to go, the shop can "ignore" that. Most legit shops won't because they can loose their licence.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #739
private modder

Thanked 2,654 Times in 743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post

I've spoken to some Media representatives in regard to this, so far most just don't think it's a story and others says there's not much that can be done.
I'll continue to reach out to see who is willing to cover this story or do some more investigative work and will update back.
Have you tried looking at this from a "Consumer Reports" angle?

Officers, who aren't trained/knowledgeable in the laws (as clearly shown by that license plate video), are handing out inspection notices to stock vehicle owners based on incorrect information. The driver then has no consumer recourse and ends up running into issues like how the specified shops don't even do inspections. Consumers are left paying for unnecessary and illegitimate expenses.

Last edited by Eff-1; 10-24-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:26 AM   #740
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Alright, thoughts, action plans... instead of scapegoating some kid as responsible for an entire "group", can we talk about actual solutions and steps to take regarding the legality of vehicles/mods and ensuring my ability to travel.

I am not interested in any media, lawsuits, or harassment claims. I am only interested in avoiding a tow box 1 order, while still holding onto a shred of my right to property and free travel. We all know the system allows peace officers to issue ANYONE a VI, and that will not change. What can I do? I read a ton on the MVA and so far my plan is

1) make sure my car is legal according to the MVA.

From what I read that is ticketable offence in the MVA, the major things modified cars do that is illegal is
- above 86db sound limit(aftermarket exhaust is LEGAL, don't have 3 inch exhaust and a 4 inch tip though)
- pieces of the car lower then the rim (splitters, slammed cars with scraping bumpers)
- wheel alignment that is visually out of alignment (yup VISIBLE CAMBER is a crime, fucking sucks but it is, keep it gentlemanly with your stance I guess). This sucks because there is no number, its only visual
- windshields, lights, tint, rubbing, obstructions to windows, obvious shit just make sure your car is good. There isn't tickets for a lot of things, but a lot of random little things are actual valid reasons your vehicle is unsafe.

2) get an alignment and get an inspection before cain gets me, keep the paperwork it in the car at all times and present it with your insurance/DL. Don't give them time to use the "I already started writing it" excuse. Show them your car is legal, and alignment is within spec (you have proof your camber is within spec, they lie when they say it looks like camber)

3) change my cars title to "modified" with ICBC. By modified I do not mean "collector" "modified collector" or "vintage" as these are all different distinctions. See: https://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registr...-vehicles.aspx I have yet to read anything about someone who has done this, someone here must have though. Basically you give a passed inspection, easy paperwork and some photos to ICBC and they review your car on a case by case basis. If you have any modifications that improve the performance of your vehicle beyond factory specs in any way, you most likely will qualify.

4) Drive like a mench, have a dashcam for evidence when you get tickets for having done all your due diligence in regards to the legality of your modified vehicle. Breathe easy knowing your car is actually as legal as it can get.

5) Dispute the notice and order when it comes (it will come either way). This is where i'm a little murky on the process, I know that it is possible to have the notice pulled back, or a 15 day extension to the inspection in special circumstances. I just don't know exactly how to do it, and would love to hear from someone who has. I assume its as simple as pleading your rational case to a judge that your car is legal, with all your paperwork and insurance and they will pull the order. Judges know the rules, cops don't, this is why I am doing this process because in court is where the law matters. File a formal complaint each time.

If it happens enough, its likely our rights are being violated. We have a charter right to property and to do with it what I wish(within the law), and I have rights that protect my privilege to drive. If an officer says I must "go to dealership" for the inspection, that is for sure a rights violation. You have a right to follow the law, the law is to use a DIF, any DIF, just needs to be a DIF. cops don't get to tell you what to do with your property... after all your just trying to follow the laws.

facts: modified cars are legal, modifying your car is your right, aftermarket exhaust can be legal, lowered cars certainly aren't illegal, cops are dicks to people with cool cars.

This shit stresses me out, after I take car of my own car I will gladly engage in some group thought to change the system.
coupelove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #741
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Majority, if not all, exotics use the tow hook to mount the front plate because no one wants to drill into the front bumper for obvious reasons. I'll see if I get pulled over in my car when it arrives in a couple weeks because I'll be using a tow hook mount.
When I was at Volkswagen all our golf r were not fitted with front plates because the customer can choose if they want it drilled or buy a side plate mount. Same thing now with all my S3 and RS3. Even my parts department sells side plate mounts for all our model lines. Lol
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #742
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Driving normally down Broadway after work anddddd

Old 10-25-2018, 05:43 AM   #743
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,487 Posts
Was a bunch of powertripping assholes. You guys seriously need to start sending letters.

Curious, what kind of camber are you running? I can at least give the cop a tiny bit of credit for easing back on his aggressive nature after realizing you weren’t giving him any aggression back. I haven’t been pulled over much, but 50% of the time they can be such dicks. Especially the women. Lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #744

We all need F Type SVRs
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2018, 06:30 AM   #745
I don't get it

Can we see a picture of the outside of your car so we can also assess how unacceptably dangerous it looks?

Also, we can hear your full name in that video.. not sure if that bothers you or not.
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
Driving normally down Broadway after work anddddd
Good job for being calm and respectful. Was it VPD officer?
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #747
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Can we see a picture of the outside of your car so we can also assess how unacceptably dangerous it looks?

Also, we can hear your full name in that video.. not sure if that bothers you or not.
Doesn’t matter to me.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:12 AM   #748
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,852 Times in 3,192 Posts
fuck seriously!!? how can he even see the camber driving behind you. It looks stock to me.

So he pulled you over purely because of the exhaust, and then goes on and on about camber. this is brutal.

Last edited by Badhobz; 10-25-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #749
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Man when he put his flashlight on your plate I figured that was going to be another thing he would mention since its off center.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:39 AM   #750
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Thanks for posting your video cho. Like the other front plate video that was posted, it's always good to hear how the officer is speaking and what triggers him/her. You could hear the cop almost get his hackles up when you starting to ask a question but then kind of backed down when he realized you weren't being confrontational and only wanted further information on how to be more compliant. With today's climate it's almost like they are on the offensive right away and your demeanor, being super nice and "hat in hand", will talk them off the ledge. Even an inkling of confrontation and it seems like they will flip a switch and be complete cunts. Either way, you're getting a VI regardless and that's just shitty.

In terms of that officers reasoning, being too low is obvious from the above pic but factory performance exhaust and camber? What a moron. Camber looks near stock and there is plenty of contact patch so for him to focus on that more than actually being too low makes him look retarded. They are reaching to the moon on these infractions and there's nothing that you can do at the time other than just take it up the tailpipe, so to speak.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: