REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #626
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Second this.

I use the Series 1 RX-8 18" stock wheels for winters and Series 2 18" stock wheels for summers.
Third that haha.
For winters, i use same gen EK 14" steelies with OEM Honda wheel covers. Can't get more oe than that. Normally i run SiR rims.
Possible to get pulled for Honda wheels on an Acura? Lol

Alsp wtf is this bullshit about Westopher's DRLs being dim? Like a huge majority of cars run high beams on half bright to serve as DRLs.
Advertisement

Last edited by coneZONE; 10-19-2018 at 11:09 PM.
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #627
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneZONE View Post
Possible to get pulled for Honda wheels on an Acura?
People aren't getting it: if they think you're part of the "car scene", and you catch their attention, they're stopping you and will come up with a reason to VI you.

Stay. Out. Of. Vancouver. Until. They. Get. Bored.
E30_lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #628
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I remember getting pulled over and told to drive into the Lansdowne parking lot by Richmond RCMP while idling on No.3 Rd a few years back in my now-totaled Element.

Muffler baffle broke so I decided to be a smartass and run 2.5" straight pipe all the way back from a catless 4-2-1 header until my new muffler arrived. Thing was deafening, needed earplugs to drive it.

Was given a warning, told that Elements should not be this loud, and to fix my muffler and went on my way. Car was also lowered with obvious camber and tons of stickers.

My how times have changed...

Although perhaps this VI fest is only limited to non-RCMP?
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 04:31 AM   #629
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
I remember getting pulled over and told to drive into the Lansdowne parking lot by Richmond RCMP while idling on No.3 Rd a few years back in my now-totaled Element.

Muffler baffle broke so I decided to be a smartass and run 2.5" straight pipe all the way back from a catless 4-2-1 header until my new muffler arrived. Thing was deafening, needed earplugs to drive it.

Was given a warning, told that Elements should not be this loud, and to fix my muffler and went on my way. Car was also lowered with obvious camber and tons of stickers.

Although perhaps this VI fest is only limited to non-RCMP?
I have my sources, at RCMP, and I did ask, what was happening with VI's in lower mainland, and was told, from their higher ups, each officer on shift was recommended/required to issue 1 VT and 1 VI EACH day, as part of their "quota"

(I don't know what a VT is, never really asked), but lets just say, they were hesitant in following those recommendations.

God bless the federal budget
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2018, 04:58 AM   #630
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
I have my sources, at RCMP, and I did ask, what was happening with VI's in lower mainland, and was told, from their higher ups, each officer on shift was recommended/required to issue 1 VT and 1 VI EACH day, as part of their "quota"

(I don't know what a VT is, never really asked), but lets just say, they were hesitant in following those recommendations.

God bless the federal budget
"Violation Ticket"
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 06:25 AM   #631
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
^ Except that the federal budget sees exactly $0 out of any VI being issued? We been through that already, which is why this whole thing is just a harassment and vengeance oriented operation, nobody but dealerships are making any money off this.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 07:43 AM   #632
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ Except that the federal budget sees exactly $0 out of any VI being issued? We been through that already, which is why this whole thing is just a harassment and vengeance oriented operation, nobody but dealerships are making any money off this.
Sorry, what I actually meant, was because RCMP is on federal budget, there is lack of staffing and funding, hence, some officers are very hesitant to issue VT and VI's, when there are other high priorities on their everyday to do list.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #633
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

If quota thing is true, everything is way worth. Now RCMP woud be a money grabbing mashine. This is where we should involve media. This is the only protection left.

Are police handing out traffic tickets to meet quotas

Montreal abolishes traffic and parking ticket quotas for police

Last edited by nexusxv; 10-20-2018 at 08:37 AM.
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #634
My homepage has been set to RS

I only visit vancouver becuz my parents live there, cop looked at my car this morning, only reason he didnt pull me over i think was he was going the other way. This is stressful.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #635

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
One of my best friends is a RCMP officer and he said there isn't a quota to meet.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #636
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

There is no quota. The 1 VT and 1 VI per shift J-Chow said is a recommendation for Richmond detachment. Every detachment does things differently.

The only people that has a "quota" are the traffic unit, where it is expected they issue a number of VT's per shift (Which makes sense, because being traffic unit, its kind of what theyre supposed to do).
But again, not a quota and they dont get reprimanded if they dont meet it.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #637
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
I am not sure if it was posted earlier but our old friend skidmark has the following advice on his blog if you are issued one of these BS notices.

https://www.drivesmartbc.ca/enforcem...rder-questions

Quote:
A VI cannot be disputed like a ticket, however, if it is not justified you may be able to have it withdrawn.

1) When it is issued, politely question the officer and ask for the items that triggered the order. If you know that they are lawful mods, point it out, and explain why you know it is legal. Ask them to reconsider issuing the VI.

2) If #1 doesn't work, go on with your day and do some research to make sure the mods mentioned are legal. Call the Detachment/Department the issuing officer works at and try to make an appointment to discuss a reconsideration with the officer.

3) If #2 doesn't work or the officer does not want to discuss it with you, contact the same Detachment/Department in a second phonecall and make an appointment to discuss the VI with the issuing officer's supervisor.

4) If #3 doesn't work at this point you are pretty much stuck with the VI unless you want to try one last appeal to the head of the Detachment/Department. Chances are that they will go with the supervisor's decision unless you can convince them otherwise.

5) If you go through with the VI and the facility finds no defects, you can consider a complaint to the RCMP Public Complaints Commission or the BC Police Complaints Commission depending if it was an RCMP officer or a city police officer that issued the VI.

6) You could consider trying to recover the cost of the VI, but at this point I suspect that you would need legal counsel for advice.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #638
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
I am not sure if it was posted earlier but our old friend skidmark has the following advice on his blog if you are issued one of these BS notices.

https://www.drivesmartbc.ca/enforcem...rder-questions

Well that doesn't work. Cain is the Supervisor
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #639
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Skip to #5
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #640
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

"I have my sources, at RCMP, and I did ask, what was happening with VI's in lower mainland, and was told, from their higher ups, each officer on shift was recommended/required to issue 1 VT and 1 VI EACH day, as part of their "quota"

(I don't know what a VT is, never really asked), but lets just say, they were hesitant in following those recommendations."

Actually I asked my friends dad who is high up and he says this is the actions of a few lone officers and they're looking into it.
mikasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #641
RS controls my life!

Thanked 4,071 Times in 346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikasaur View Post
"I have my sources, at RCMP, and I did ask, what was happening with VI's in lower mainland, and was told, from their higher ups, each officer on shift was recommended/required to issue 1 VT and 1 VI EACH day, as part of their "quota"

(I don't know what a VT is, never really asked), but lets just say, they were hesitant in following those recommendations."

Actually I asked my friends dad who is high up and he says this is the actions of a few lone officers and they're looking into it.
Would love to hear a follow up on this
ThatKoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #642
I STILL don't get it

At this point I think this group of VPD are really unprofessional. They could easily just educate the public about illegal mods or questionable ride height. If it’s true they are being revengeful then they shouldn’t be a cop, they are like any other gang member just with badge.
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #643
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #644

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Took 26 pages to get good...
Old 10-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #645
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Aftermarket wheels are complete BS of an excuse for VI. What about all the thousands of cars out there with aftermarket alloys and steelies being used as winter set.
Tempted to go get my vehicle inspectors license now after passing up on it months ago when asked to at work
Old 10-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #646
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post

I hear ya. I got busted doing donuts in a parking lot in a straight pipe, rusted, murdered out old Volvo. Wrote up the ticket and everything, with the supervisor there, I think it was reckless driving, noise, and something else... Then at the last minute said he wasn't going to give me the ticket "because I want you to know that not all cops are dicks".
Old 10-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #647
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peturbo View Post
Aftermarket wheels are complete BS of an excuse for VI. What about all the thousands of cars out there with aftermarket alloys and steelies being used as winter set.
Tempted to go get my vehicle inspectors license now after passing up on it months ago when asked to at work
It's implying that the multi-billion dollar aftermarket industry is illegal in Vancouver, which is even more restrictive than CARB certification on engine parts in California. Anything that is not original equipment on a vehicle is being considered unsafe and illegal. People buy wheels all the time to use their factory wheels in the summer or winter. In addition, factory-made option wheels and lowering springs are, in VPD's current interpretation of the rules, illegal as they are not considered original equipment with the car.

At this point, there's an overreach of authority going on if the scope of cars being stopped has narrowed this much. It could get to the point where Hondas with HPD parts and Toyotas with TRD parts could be targeted if this keeps up. Hell, what will it take until 100% factory performance cars like AMG and ///M that are completely unmodified to start receiving VIs?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #648
I STILL don't get it

If Officer Cain can go on VPD website and tell the public that he is truly doing this for road safety then I will kneel down. But if he feels satisfied by pulling people and judging/discrimination car groups base on his little knowledge on MVA rule, he is truly a dick. Flavor of the month or not, let us know what VPD dont like to see on the road. I am sure most of us will put away our toys or tone it down.
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #649

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
With the abundance of eyes on the road the last two months, I've yet to see a POS, completely unsafe, non-roadworthy car pulled over.

If it's about road safety then surely the rusted out 1990 Tercel with no muffler, bald tires, cracked windshield and burnt out taillights is more of a danger than a well-maintained enthusiast vehicle.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #650
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU View Post
...They could easily just educate the public about illegal mods or questionable ride height...
Would you take the mods off your car if a police officer "educated" you about them roadside...?

T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: