REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #551
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
What about if you drive a modified Scion, Pontiac, Saab?
You can try to tell the officer that those dealers don't exist then they won't believe you and turn it into a box 1 /s

In all seriousness. Most modified cars are by enthusiasts who care about the upkeep. As many people here have posted. You can see rust buckets/bald tires/no lights at dusk all the time and no cops bat an eye.

ie. I was beside a truck today in Langley that had no tail lights or brake lights at all. Pieces of rust were falling off the bed with every bump
Advertisement
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #552
I subscribe to Revscene

This guy would have no chance here.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #553
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frito_lay View Post
Out of curiosity, let's say the person who started all this with the officer finally apologized as stated from a couple of posts back (that according the to grapevine he did) and it's still happening. What is the end game for the officers involved in this spike? Is it to completely eradicate the modified cars from the streets?
What's the end game of people in power to abuse them? Because they get off on it.

I'm surprised that there's a few cops active in this forum as mods/regular members and we haven't heard shits from them.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 10:15 PM   #554
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
I'm surprised that there's a few cops active in this forum as mods/regular members and we haven't heard shits from them.

I'm pretty sure they don't want to speak on the subject as:
1) conflict of interest
2) conflict in their professionalism
3) dont want to be revealed
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #555
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Problem is Cain is the supervisor
christtensen is the SRGT.
ricecookerboi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #556
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
70 members and 148 guests viewing. How can this thread be so pupular yet the problem continue to get worse
Old 10-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #557
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecookerboi View Post
christtensen is the SRGT.
And he has a supervisor also. Make a complaint if you have an issue. No point of bitching and moaning on a forum.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #558
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
What's the end game of people in power to abuse them? Because they get off on it.

I don't doubt that the some officers responsible for this frenzy are sharing this thread among their peers and laughing at everything going on here. They know we can't do anything about the VIs whether warranted or not. As I said earlier, it is a loophole that they will abuse unless this power is removed.

I'm sure there are officers on this board that disagree with the actions of the VPD as well, but it is understandable why they do not speak up. It is the same reason little is being done by members here because no one wants to be singled out by an abusive authoritative gang.

This thread is not exclusively being viewed by the car community and there is some very valuable discussion going on here. I used to trust the police to be reasonable and uphold the de facto laws and not de jure (by the book within reason) but this is no longer the case. The next time a VPD officer comes to my door asking for a witness statement, don't expect my cooperation, we have loopholes to protect our rights as well luckily.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #559
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Maybe this thread could be moved to the NSFW forum so only members can see it and not available for public view just like the Shitty/Dangerous drivers thread
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #560
Need my Daily Fix of RS

westopher, your car looks amazing, but it's purple and has a sizable wang
i'm not surprised you got flagged/targeted in said blitz
if you're driving a silver Civic SiR lowered one inch on stock wheels with yonaka catback, they probably wouldn't even bat an eye if you're 20km/h over

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
I used to trust the police to be reasonable and uphold the de facto laws and not de jure (by the book within reason) but this is no longer the case. The next time a VPD officer comes to my door asking for a witness statement, don't expect my cooperation, we have loopholes to protect our rights as well luckily.
you're treating car modifications as a god divine right like when you talk to Americans about bearing arms...

in this current climate it's as simple as 3 words: pay to play

yes there are the odd stock vehicles that are getting hit, but i'm still convinced the great majority are handed valid VI's, they can make 9 out of 10 BS claims against your car, but if even one is valid, it's fair-game

everyone else should keep their toys stored for the winter, borrow your mom's corolla/take the bus/bike if you have to, not worth having your time/money wasted

the them vs us talk will only make this issue worse

I think the best thing to do as a whole is just let this blow over, regroup in the new year

Last edited by R1CED`; 10-18-2018 at 11:39 PM.
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 12:04 AM   #561
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post
You can try to tell the officer that those dealers don't exist then they won't believe you and turn it into a box 1 /s

In all seriousness. Most modified cars are by enthusiasts who care about the upkeep. As many people here have posted. You can see rust buckets/bald tires/no lights at dusk all the time and no cops bat an eye.

ie. I was beside a truck today in Langley that had no tail lights or brake lights at all. Pieces of rust were falling off the bed with every bump
This is another concern I have.

Reminds me of my old Corolla. It's in much worse condition than my RX-8, with shaking brakes at high speed and will probably take forever to stop the car, but heh, it's a 1999 Corolla, so it's still less likely to get tagged by the cops than an RX-8.

Really wish this blows over soon. I want to visit Vancouver at some point...
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #562
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
can you get a vi for a parked car?
i did several years ago after a neighbour complained about my exhaust.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #563
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,283 Times in 1,971 Posts
We all need to buy CUVs

The NPCs of vehicles
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:42 AM   #564
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito_lay View Post
Out of curiosity, let's say the person who started all this with the officer finally apologized as stated from a couple of posts back (that according the to grapevine he did) ...
my sources says he didn't, never did , never will and is in the process of making a documentary *Cough Logan Paul* about the vpd regarding this vi mess.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:46 AM   #565
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
are LED headlight low beam bulbs illegal then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
If they aren't in a projector system then you're just a twat and you deserve the ticket/VI. If they're in a projector system with the beam projecting properly you're fine.
If i had to make a guess on the number, 95% of all PnP LED bulbs/kits on the road are illegal. Doesn't matter if it's in a projector or not. "Off Road Use Only"
AFAIK, only Philips and Sylvania at the moment make DOT/SAE certified LED bulbs. And maybe PIAA.

And yoy guys already know the deal with PnP HID kits...

If you want to go exactly by the book, your lens assemblies AND your bulbs both must be DOT/SAE/E-code certified. Or no pass.
If you want, i can quote the inspection manual when i have accrss on the computer

That's why i pulled my switchback LEDs out at the moment.
And changed out my fake EBAY fog lamp assemblies for OEM
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #566
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,012 Times in 1,892 Posts
Thought of this while driving to work earlier but in regards to rust buckets or vehicles that are in visibly poor condition (driven by a regular joe that only uses a car as a point a to b transportation), how we do know whenever one gets pulled over for vi/ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #567
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Well looks like they had some truck inspections this week also in New West.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2018/10...w-west-police/

NEW WESTMINSTER (NEWS 1130) – During a three-day road safety initiative earlier this month, more than half of the commercial trucks stopped by New West police failed to pass an inspection.

In a partnership with the provincial Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement Branch, police inspected commercial vehicles driving through the city.

Between Oct. 2 and Oct. 4, a total of 314 trucks were stopped, out of which 168 had to be removed from the road after failing to pass the examination. Only 23 passed with no issues, while 122 required minor repairs.

“With the number of commercial vehicles driving through New Westminster, this was one of the largest initiatives of its type in the province,” read a release from police. “The focus of the blitz was on business vehicles that may not be properly maintained and could ultimately pose a danger on our roads.”

Police checked for things such as mechanical issues, driver qualifications, load security, brakes, and driver fatigue. Officers issued 62 violation tickets totalling more than $19,000 in fines and almost $13,000 in bylaw tickets.

“Officers observed a number of different issues, ranging from minor things that could be repaired on site, to major issues which required the vehicle to be towed,” said Sgt. Jeff Scott in a release. “This type of initiative is one of the many different ways that we ensure road safety.”

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #568
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
This is not going to resolve the issue but the reason this all got started makes more sense to me now. Post by jon Lawson in the fiat abarth video:

jon dawson1 day ago

"It bugs me that this is so wrong. Whether "s15 guy" found cains ig or not, he didnt dox cain or even comment on his instagram

All "s15 guy" did wrong was leave an inspection sticker on after remodifying his car, and tell the officer that it will look like this again after the next vi... Making it look like bogus inspections are easily accessible"

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #569
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by use2bavolvo View Post
go get a freedom of infomation request for VI's for the last 5 years and also a count for this year

Also ask for a count of all VI's from Cain and other idiots in the last year
An FOI request such as this would either be flat-out rejected due to the huge amount of work required to pull all the information, or be so cost-prohibitive (yes, you have to pay for all the work they do to gather it after the first couple of hours) that it would cost you literally tens of thousands of dollars to get.

Every single VI would need to be scanned, personal information redacted, and reviewed by hand. You have to pay for this.

The single most effective avenue now is for every single person who has received a VI wrongly to file a formal complaint with VPD and the BC Ombudsman.

Otherwise, stay the hell out of Vancouver.
E30_lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #570
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Well looks like they had some truck inspections this week also in New West.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2018/10...w-west-police/

NEW WESTMINSTER (NEWS 1130) – During a three-day road safety initiative earlier this month, more than half of the commercial trucks stopped by New West police failed to pass an inspection.

In a partnership with the provincial Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement Branch, police inspected commercial vehicles driving through the city.

Between Oct. 2 and Oct. 4, a total of 314 trucks were stopped, out of which 168 had to be removed from the road after failing to pass the examination. Only 23 passed with no issues, while 122 required minor repairs.

“With the number of commercial vehicles driving through New Westminster, this was one of the largest initiatives of its type in the province,” read a release from police. “The focus of the blitz was on business vehicles that may not be properly maintained and could ultimately pose a danger on our roads.”

Police checked for things such as mechanical issues, driver qualifications, load security, brakes, and driver fatigue. Officers issued 62 violation tickets totalling more than $19,000 in fines and almost $13,000 in bylaw tickets.

“Officers observed a number of different issues, ranging from minor things that could be repaired on site, to major issues which required the vehicle to be towed,” said Sgt. Jeff Scott in a release. “This type of initiative is one of the many different ways that we ensure road safety.”
Naw, unrelated. CVSE in New West are regularly targeting trucks. Usually along Royal. Have been doing this for literally years.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:33 AM   #571
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Yup. That's was a commercial blitz, directed towards trucks. They were at Queensborough, Braid, Royal Oak and Marine.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #572
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
i just wish they'd state that they're doing a blitz instead of this business as usual BS.

Go for it - maybe even nab some junk that shouldn't be on the road. Pull some guys over and educate the owners about what is OK and what isn't. Put some kind of spin on it that the public and even the car community would respect.

But this is something else and it's wrong - I just don't understand what's being gained by it at all.

cui bono?
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #573
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by use2bavolvo View Post
https://chat.whatsapp.com/JorchZN5eXsDQqr0YgDkP6

Whats app VI Watch. NO chit chat just location to stay away from!! the more real time reconnaissance the better.

Keeping the community safe!

New hastag if you get nailed #vpegged
Invite link revoked?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #574
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
I'd hate to imagine how many VIs they would have handed out back when Thursday Night Meets at Market Crossing was still a thing...
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #575
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
But this is something else and it's wrong - I just don't understand what's being gained by it at all.
It's quite simple: someone thought they could fuck with the police. The police are making everyone else in the community pay for it. Wrong or not, they have all the power, and we have none.