REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #576
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexor View Post
I'd hate to imagine how many VIs they would have handed out back when Thursday Night Meets at Market Crossing was still a thing...
The only substantial VI I remember is when that guy showed up with that insanely modded JDM car from Static 9 or whatever the name of the shop was. The RCMP dude literally scraped the inspection sticker right off the windshield.

Car was so slammed its exhaust got scraped to shit trying to get pulled up on the tow deck.

What a night that was.
Advertisement
E30_lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #577
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Lmao I remember that. A VI on that car made sense though since his contact patch was pretty much the same as a bicycle tire.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #578
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
There's been a string of vehicle inspections dished out to the motorcycle community as well, whats interesting though is the same officer had a different reason for it?

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)

Last edited by fT-z33wor; 10-19-2018 at 10:52 AM.
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #579
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
No fun anymore unless those missing items were legit.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #580
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Time for Alberta plates?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #581
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

update: So i called about all the shops/ dealerships and turns out my dealership does not do VI... like 2 locations don't do them im like... what do i do... ... I tried even 3rd party and their response was you have to find a dealership who will do it or find the cop and do rearrangements. They said " VPD has come into our shop and said to direct all the N/O VI to dealerships only and to not do them.... "

I'm stressin LOL.
ricecookerboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #582
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

not familiar with your abbreviation, what s a "N/O" Vehicle Inspection?
snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #583
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfarmer View Post
not familiar with your abbreviation, what s a "N/O" Vehicle Inspection?
Notice and Order
AlpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #584
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CED` View Post
westopher, your car looks amazing, but it's purple and has a sizable wang
i'm not surprised you got flagged/targeted in said blitz
if you're driving a silver Civic SiR lowered one inch on stock wheels with yonaka catback, they probably wouldn't even bat an eye if you're 20km/h over

you're treating car modifications as a god divine right like when you talk to Americans about bearing arms...

in this current climate it's as simple as 3 words: pay to play

yes there are the odd stock vehicles that are getting hit, but i'm still convinced the great majority are handed valid VI's, they can make 9 out of 10 BS claims against your car, but if even one is valid, it's fair-game

everyone else should keep their toys stored for the winter, borrow your mom's corolla/take the bus/bike if you have to, not worth having your time/money wasted

the them vs us talk will only make this issue worse

I think the best thing to do as a whole is just let this blow over, regroup in the new year
I understand what you mean but we have the right to not be arbitrarily harassed or detained without reason and I'm not willing to give up that right and be penalized time and money just because they can. I don't drive a modified vehicle but I have stake in this as everyone else because allowing an authority to abuse their power without resistance sets dangerous precedent.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #585
I STILL don't get it

Everyone pitch in some money and hire a lawyer
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #586

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
My dad had to make a trip into Vancouver just now and I told him about all this VI nonsense just as a loose warning. He drives a M.B. S63 with a pretty arrogant exhaust note, which matches his personality perfectly. Lol. He considered taking my moms Highlander instead but then last minute he was like "I'd like to see them try and serve me". You go pops

If he comes back with a VI I'll shit bricks
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #587
I am Hook'd on RS

I spoke to _dukkake and I've seen the video of the interaction with the officers. I'm helping him put together his side of this. I'm don't know what to think at this point but we all know this is getting out of hand. The more I look into why we're getting VI'd, the more irritating and insulting it gets. I know someone said something about video monetization. No way anyone in their right mind would monetize any of this. That'd be a dick move.
sporadicMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #588
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,012 Times in 1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporadicMotion View Post
I spoke to _dukkake and I've seen the video of the interaction with the officers. I'm helping him put together his side of this. I'm don't know what to think at this point but we all know this is getting out of hand. The more I look into why we're getting VI'd, the more irritating and insulting it gets. I know someone said something about video monetization. No way anyone in their right mind would monetize any of this. That'd be a dick move.
Well, he did do this after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #589
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Well, he did do this after all...
Good lord lol

*sigh
Old 10-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #590
I am Hook'd on RS

... on a side note, I couldn't read half of what was on my VI but after getting the info DM'd over, I confirmed it was Cain that pulled me over.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #591

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Good lord lol

*sigh
Don't let that discourage you. Maybe this is a moment where a responsible person (that's you) can steer an irresponsible person (that's dukkake) into a positive direction for the greater good. This very much has to be a "we're all in the same gang" type of campaign and if the younger crowd can see the damage that has been done and that throwing up the proverbial middle finger to authority is not the right approach for change then there will be some headway made here.

I hate granting sympathy to the younger crowd as it seem to be that age demographic that causes issues for everyone generally but shit, a large portion of us were in or knew of the events in those old street racing videos that Hypa posted so it's really just time and age that got us to this point of being responsible within what most would view as a delinquent scene.

Teaching > Scolding, but it's hard as fcuk.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #592
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
After my current experience, I have a hard time blaming duke for this. The VPD knows well enough that if he was the issue that we aren’t a part of it.
He’s become a scapegoat, as I am 100% positive that there was pleasure taken in the way I was forced to get my car towed home with no recourse.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #593
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
I don’t know if showing his video of the interaction with the cops will really prove anything. He could’ve been calm and composed when speaking to the officers but it’s what he did after on social media that allegedly started this whole thing.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #594
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Don't let that discourage you. Maybe this is a moment where a responsible person (that's you) can steer an irresponsible person (that's dukkake) into a positive direction for the greater good. This very much has to be a "we're all in the same gang" type of campaign and if the younger crowd can see the damage that has been done and that throwing up the proverbial middle finger to authority is not the right approach for change then there will be some headway made here.

I hate granting sympathy to the younger crowd as it seem to be that age demographic that causes issues for everyone generally but shit, a large portion of us were in or knew of the events in those old street racing videos that Hypa posted so it's really just time and age that got us to this point of being responsible within what most would view as a delinquent scene.

Teaching > Scolding, but it's hard as fcuk.
Thank you. It's honestly fine. It takes a lot more to discourage me. Speaking outside of what is happening right now in Vancouver, I honestly have to say I kinda like the kid after talking to him. Speaking face to face gives a better view of a person than internet-speak (we did a video chat).

He's taken a beating over this (including from me) and he's feeling it. I'm really hoping when the smoke clears and the whole truth is out; I will owe him an apology.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #595
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
I don’t know if showing his video of the interaction with the cops will really prove anything. He could’ve been calm and composed when speaking to the officers but it’s what he did after on social media that allegedly started this whole thing.
That's just it. He sent me a bunch of DM screen shots about that. I don't have anything that shows it was him directly and I have yet to find anything that really says he did it. I know he gave Cain's IG to one other person over DM. That person had been given a VI as well.

What I have in my inbox shows a bit of a different story. Does anyone have a screen that shows _dukkake picking on Cain on IG? I can't find anything. I'll have to scrape through this thread again (which is about an hour job at this point lol).
Old 10-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #596
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
That's just it. He sent me a bunch of DM screen shots about that. I don't have anything that shows it was him directly and I have yet to find anything that really says he did it. I know he gave Cain's IG to one other person over DM. That person had been given a VI as well.

What I have in my inbox shows a bit of a different story. Does anyone have a screen that shows _dukkake picking on Cain on IG? I can't find anything. I'll have to scrape through this thread again (which is about an hour job at this point lol).
Nothing that directly proves Duke posted anything on Cain's IG in this thread and I've been following since the start. Only have screenshots other people sent of Duke saying he posted or Duke pressuring other people to post. However, I did go through Cain's photos on IG (before he made his account private) and couldn't find anything either (unless if Cain deleted it).

Like everyone has said, there is still a lot of information that we don't have right now. But at the end of the day, if Duke is really just a scapegoat for this whole situation, then isn't this a just reason for a defamation lawsuit against Cain?

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #597
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have a screen that shows _dukkake picking on Cain on IG? I can't find anything. I'll have to scrape through this thread again (which is about an hour job at this point lol).
There's nothing in this thread. The screenshots were across VCC, Valley Auto Sales, etc. But have since been deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Nothing that directly proves Duke posted anything on Cain's IG in this thread and I've been following since the start. Only have screenshots other people sent of Duke saying he posted or Duke pressuring other people to post. However, I did go through Cain's photos on IG (before he made his account private) and couldn't find anything either (unless if Cain deleted it).

I've mentioned this way earlier in the thread. Even if Duke didn't directly mess with Cain's IG, the (now deleted) screenshots shows that he was pressuring others into messing with Cain and provided them with the means to do so. As an influential figure in his community, it goes without saying, he should know better. And his "friend" should know better than to blindly follow.

Remember when there was a Burnaby Mtn meet and some kids started trashing this old merc? Well those who didn't participate but also didn't do anything to stop it, were at as much fault as those who were directly involved.

Point is, even if he didn't directly do anything, and thus indirectly provided someone else with the means to harm, he still fucked up.

Honestly, I'd be happy if he just owns up to his part in this - if any. We'll see.

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 10-19-2018 at 02:58 PM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #598

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
This is more of a discussion, but does any one know how the vpd operates? It seems like people got nabbed at random locations and times, based on what I see on the group chat. Do all they (not sure if this is all vpd or there's a specific crew just for traffic enforcement?) do is drive around all day pulling cars over or do they have down times, shift changes etc or responsible for certain locations. Actually solve crimes? This might help us determine locations or times to avoid.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #599
I STILL don't get it

Currently there is a VPD on bike going around kerriasdale area. 4:00pm
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #600
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Did anyone get pulled over with a stock exhuast? Maybe they are only targeting exhuasts :thinking:

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote