REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:28 AM   #3551
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,698 Times in 1,626 Posts
This sums it up quite well.

I know (hope) the US is fundamentally different than Canada, but trends here are chilling nonetheless.

The US republicans are literally the Taliban, just whiter.
Advertisement
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2022, 06:49 AM   #3552
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
But............... they will also get oppressed lol
A lot of them vote against things that would help them, just because it would also help someone they don't like, so I doubt they can figure that part out.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2022, 12:45 PM   #3553
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
First of all, I don't even know what the hell they are protesting anymore ... all mandates are removed. Can someone tell me what the hell they are protesting ... I mean ... what a waste of time.
based on the news, they literally just said.... "mandates"

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #3554
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,453 Times in 5,114 Posts
One idiot said “The mandates are just SUSPENDED they’re not gone!!! Just suspended to be brought back at any time!”

Yah even if they weren’t just suspended they could be brought anytime there bud.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2022, 04:32 PM   #3555
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on the news, they literally just said.... "mandates"

Maybe they're so stupid they think they're protesting against gay dudes going on dates.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #3556
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
First of all, I don't even know what the hell they are protesting anymore ... all mandates are removed. Can someone tell me what the hell they are protesting ... I mean ... what a waste of time.
James Topp is a 25yr Army veteran and reservist who was also a contractor with the RCMP. He got fired for not taking the VID vaccine along with thousands of others across the country. There are tens of thousands of people who were in the public service from military, police, fire, or municipal, provincial, or federal jobs who got fired with no severance and have not been allowed back to work. Want to know why BC Ferries is now constantly understaffed and having to cancel sailings? Why there isn't enough airport staff causing insane backlogs at Canadian airports? Those mandates still exist, as do others. You admit you don't know then call it a waste of time anyway. Strong post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
New-age conservatism does not believe in democracy, and would happily see us in a dictatorship if it meant their values and ideals are enshrined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
All they truly want is freedom. As long as that comes with taking away the freedom of anyone who believes in anything different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
They want to be free to oppress anyone they don't like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
they aren't exactly going to get taken care of when their grand overlord starts oppressing the entire country.
They say as they clap and cheer on a PM and Minister of Public Safety that fabricated justification for the enacting of the relabeled 'War Measures Act' against non-violent protestors. You guys are FOR the unjustified (with the exception of a tiny handful of actual troublemakers) arrest, imprisonment, seizing of assets, freezing of bank accounts, and physical violence against your fellow citizens simply because they are of a different political stripe or have different values than you do. And then you make the statements above? COLOSSAL hypocrites, the lot of you. You guys have the mentalities of goldfish.

But carry on from your anonymous soapboxes against anyone who didn't want a medical procedure while in another thread you foam at the mouth for women who can't get a medical procedure
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2022, 01:38 PM   #3557
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
You can pick and choose comments as you like without acknowledging yet again that the emergency act literally affected no one other than protest organizers with malicious intent or those involved in illegal activity and occupation with WEEKS of organizing and the court injunctions that proved that.
You can also compare abortion to vaccinations.
It doesn’t look smart, it doesn’t prove a point to anyone with any shred of knowledge on the situation, and doesn’t show hypocrisy on any of our parts to anyone other than those that share your uninformed viewpoints (as proven by your comparison of abortion to vaccinations) but yes, please pat yourself on the back for “exposing the radical left.”
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2022, 02:06 PM   #3558

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
They say as they clap and cheer on a PM and Minister of Public Safety that fabricated justification for the enacting of the relabeled 'War Measures Act' against non-violent protestors. You guys are FOR the unjustified (with the exception of a tiny handful of actual troublemakers) arrest, imprisonment, seizing of assets, freezing of bank accounts, and physical violence against your fellow citizens simply because they are of a different political stripe or have different values than you do.
Unjustified? I can't speak for others, but I have no issue with people having whatever values they want, as stupid as their "values" may be. What I do have an issue with is them terrorizing the citizens of Ottawa and people like you who pick and choose things to misrepresent what actually happened (what physical violence are you even talking about?) and what people actually say.

You insult our "mentality" but if you actually think there was only a tiny handful of troublemakers methinks you are projecting a bit here because apparently you have the mental capacity of a turnip.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2022, 07:35 PM   #3559
Performance Moderator

Uhm fed government dropped vaccine requirements for employees.

Buddy didn’t get fired. He just didn’t get his contact renewed, for good reason, contractors are contractors for a reason his job was temporary vaccine or not.

Nobody who works for the fed gov got fired, they just got put on leave without pay until 2 weeks ago. At least get your facts straight.

TLDR your reservist friend is full of shit if he said otherwise.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #3560
Performance Moderator

91.3% of BC’s population is double vaccinated. So about 460,000 total people in the province are not double vaccinated.

91.3%!!! And you think that is the reason that services are suffering so bad? Cuz a whopping 8.7% of the population isn’t vaccinated? Probably a massive percentage of those are dumb shits outside of city centres too.

So on average less than 1/10th of employees in any particular stream of work where there might be mandates in place that make them ineligible and you think that’s the reason so many services are not able to operate???

What a clownshoe lol… yah we’re goldfish okay bud… did you pass fuckin grade 2 math class?
Old 07-03-2022, 11:34 PM   #3561

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
The shortages at the airport are not from vaccine mandates. The airlines laid off 90% of their workforce, offering retirement packages to anyone who was in the realm of retirement. These people are not coming back. The group I work with had about a 1-2% rate of non Vaxxers. This summer we planned to be at 80-90% of the flying of Pre covid, yet we’re still massively short. It’s not from a few anti vax’er who can’t work.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 05:30 AM   #3562

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I did some flying this weekend, went and seen my parents for the first time in 3 years. Airport was pretty fucked, minor delays for me not that bad but I won't be booking anything else within Canada anytime soon. The amount of bags I seen stacked up in a roped off area at YVR (Lost Luggage) I burst out laughing what a shit show, I guess it was funny only because it was not me.

I agree with above, I don't think the delays have much if anything to do with the vaccine and laying off people without vaccines, it's such a small demographic. Even at the Government operations where my wife work, a few hundred employees I think she said maybe 2 people didn't get the jab and were put on temporary leave, if that is fucking up your operation you have bigger problems.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:37 AM   #3563
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,232 Posts
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ical/#comments

More F**k Trudeau Konvoy supporter-types flying off the handle. Maybe we should start putting them on Terrorist watch lists.

Weren't the Dease Lake murders a couple years ago also caused by 2 kids from the Island? What's in the water over there?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #3564
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
James Topp is a 25yr Army veteran and reservist who was also a contractor with the RCMP. He got fired for not taking the VID vaccine along with thousands of others across the country. There are tens of thousands of people who were in the public service from military, police, fire, or municipal, provincial, or federal jobs who got fired with no severance and have not been allowed back to work. Want to know why BC Ferries is now constantly understaffed and having to cancel sailings? Why there isn't enough airport staff causing insane backlogs at Canadian airports? Those mandates still exist, as do others. You admit you don't know then call it a waste of time anyway. Strong post.

They say as they clap and cheer on a PM and Minister of Public Safety that fabricated justification for the enacting of the relabeled 'War Measures Act' against non-violent protestors. You guys are FOR the unjustified (with the exception of a tiny handful of actual troublemakers) arrest, imprisonment, seizing of assets, freezing of bank accounts, and physical violence against your fellow citizens simply because they are of a different political stripe or have different values than you do. And then you make the statements above? COLOSSAL hypocrites, the lot of you. You guys have the mentalities of goldfish.

But carry on from your anonymous soapboxes against anyone who didn't want a medical procedure while in another thread you foam at the mouth for women who can't get a medical procedure
68style already parroted a response to this, but your comment about anonymity made me chuckle.

Bud, I would happily give my full name and repeat any of the comments I make on this forum directly to your face, or anyone else's here without a single hesitation.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 08:49 AM   #3565
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ical/#comments

More F**k Trudeau Konvoy supporter-types flying off the handle. Maybe we should start putting them on Terrorist watch lists.

Weren't the Dease Lake murders a couple years ago also caused by 2 kids from the Island? What's in the water over there?
Be prepared, rightwing media has done a killing on platforms like Youtube, and FB.

Websites and media outlets like PragerU have become very popular with young angry "disenfranchised" white men.

It's created a powder keg of discontent that we'll see play out more and more in the future here. The US has dealt with this issue for years now, in Canada it's just starting.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #3566

The rightwing victimhood epidemic is spreading like wildfire. Everything has apparently been stolen from them, and they have been endlessly victimized by any sort of government organization that's done anything that doesn't directly benefit them and them only.
They are like spoiled children that lash out for having a toy taken away for bad behaviour.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 10:15 AM   #3567
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
I used to be neighbours with a F*ck Trudeau guy. Early 40s with a beer gut. Used his company truck and company yard for storing and transporting his toys - snowmobile, RV, etc. - and dipped into his HELOC to buy other shit all of the time. Had two kids from a previous relationship (never married - mother of his children shacked up with another guy and had a baby with the other guy). Still had women who were interested in dating him. A nice enough guy when you needed to borrow a tool, but not someone I'd be friends with. Basically, a guy who had coasted through life, rode the real estate wave to fund his lifestyle, and yet was still angry.

I'm sure Trudeau and his government's policies have had a lot to do with his lot in life.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 11:03 AM   #3568
Performance Moderator

^ His dating pool will dry up soon and he'll likely start taking trips to Thailand or Philippines while complaining about immigrants.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 12:15 PM   #3569
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I used to be neighbours with a F*ck Trudeau guy. Early 40s with a beer gut. Used his company truck and company yard for storing and transporting his toys - snowmobile, RV, etc. - and dipped into his HELOC to buy other shit all of the time. Had two kids from a previous relationship (never married - mother of his children shacked up with another guy and had a baby with the other guy). Still had women who were interested in dating him. A nice enough guy when you needed to borrow a tool, but not someone I'd be friends with. Basically, a guy who had coasted through life, rode the real estate wave to fund his lifestyle, and yet was still angry.

I'm sure Trudeau and his government's policies have had a lot to do with his lot in life.
What rate was the heloc at?
Old 07-04-2022, 05:45 PM   #3570

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
PP talking about scraping shit off wood and reclaiming freedom.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:55 PM   #3571

This is like a "this hour has 22 minutes" skit, Jesus fuck.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 08:27 PM   #3572
Performance Moderator

Those posts have been around for HUNDREDS of years... those boards have been on barns in Canada for CENTURIES have they? Cuz Canada has been around for... many hundreds of years / centuries ????? Mills fashioning think boards have been around for centuries?

What a clown! I like the random swear word and the working shirt, trying to appeal to the everyman too. I bet lots of construction workers wear LACOSTE plaid button-ups PP.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2022, 08:38 PM   #3573

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
What are you talking about, his analogy makes complete sense... If the the scars on the post represents the damage inflicted to the indigenous population and the shit that society is figuratively scraping off is the years of colonialism and whitewashing.

The nationalist movement is in fact smearing shit all over the walls of society.

It makes complete sense when you see it that way.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:35 PM   #3574

I think that's the first time I've heard him speak, is he always like that?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2022, 07:24 AM   #3575
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
will the strat of pandering to the far right vs the moderate right actually garner more votes?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote