REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:38 AM   #3326
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts

That can't be Jagmeet, the vehicle isn't electric.
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2022, 10:42 AM   #3327
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Ahh poor jagmeet can’t claim racism when it’s his own people calling him out. That’s too bad. What excuse will he come up with this time? Hate speech? Bigotry?

Him and Turd literally cannot go out to public events anymore.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #3328
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Him and Turd literally cannot go out to public events anymore.
and you think that's a good thing?
Old 05-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #3329

In jagmeets case it’s completely justified as he shows up at an NDP constituents riding and he can’t even stick around because everyone is calling him the sell-out that he is. Nice to see NDP voters actually have that understanding.

Trudeau, pick one of the million reasons people protest his appearances.

Both of them just sow division in this country. People are tired of it
Old 05-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #3330
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Conservatives - “we support freedom and democracy!”
Conservatives when they see democratically elected officials from any other party - “get them! They are facists! Nazis!”
What do NDP voters expect jagmeet to do? Fade into obscurity or work with a party that basically aligns with their platforms to actually get things done that could benefit them?
People don’t understand politics these days, on all sides, and at this point so many people would be better off just ignoring it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2022, 11:13 AM   #3331

Those are NDP supporters, in a NDP riding calling him out?

I guarantee you none of these pie on the sky NDP ideas they tried to tell people would get pushed through will ever happen. I basically get daily updates regarding that “scab” worker legislation from the union im in and it seems like that’s already fallen by the wayside as a non-starter for the liberals.

Those NDP plans were never going to go anywhere. And won’t, which is why people are upset with the colalotion because jagmeet basically formed it to pretend he actually had some semblance of influence
Old 05-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #3332

I wasn’t actually talking about the video in my first statement but realistically I can see that I did a pretty bad job of articulating that. I was more talking about the Trudeau thing.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #3333

Well, obviously I’m not happy with Trudeau but I wouldn’t go out my way to go protest. But obviously enough people in this country feel in a way they will.

Again, don’t remember this ever happening before with any other PM. It’s obviously not the upper echelon of society, but enough people feel in a way that they organize and attend these events. The irony is that when this happens Trudeau cries about democracy? Protesting your rule is literally in line with the democratic process.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:20 AM   #3334

It’s a different world. We both know that. You’ve even said that in other threads. A decade might as well be a century ago.
Politicians are doing less to sow division in this country than many individuals with a Facebook group are.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2022, 01:00 PM   #3335

Quote:
Well, obviously I’m not happy with Trudeau but I wouldn’t go out my way to go protest. But obviously enough people in this country feel in a way they will.

Again, don’t remember this ever happening before with any other PM. It’s obviously not the upper echelon of society, but enough people feel in a way that they organize and attend these events. The irony is that when this happens Trudeau cries about democracy? Protesting your rule is literally in line with the democratic process.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:52 PM   #3336
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,460 Times in 5,118 Posts
Quote:
More like enough people are jobless mouth breathing sycophants with nothing better to do than rage about what they see and read on stormfront.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2022, 11:27 AM   #3337
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
More from the jobless mouth breathing sycophants with nothing better to do than rage about what they see and read on stormfront.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:21 PM   #3338

Wow!!! not every brown person loves Jagmeet. this has to be breaking news. Those guys are anti vaxxers who support chris sky. you know the idiot who likes to storm shopping malls and yell and swear at his supporters for not doing enough. Man you guys are desperate. Wonder what you are going to do after you lose another election.

https://www.theplatypus.ca/2022/05/f...om-protesters/

https://www.theplatypus.ca/2021/11/m...eived-enemies/
Old 05-29-2022, 04:42 PM   #3339
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,912 Posts
Woe, ... those brown bros take their politics pretty seriously!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:30 AM   #3340

Trudeaus stance on firearms is so fucking backwards i don’t think you could do worse if you tried lol Jesus Christ..

So first the “Public” enquiry into the Nova Scotia shooter, who committed his killings with 100% illegal firearms smuggled over the border, without ever holding a liscence is now being actively hidden from the public with the parties involved being allowed to make private statements as opposed to be cross examined:

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/atlant...23951.amp.html

And now, his hand gun ban, which is going to take months to implement, includes “toy guns” (Jesus Christ only he could actually toss that in there..)

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...ns-2022-05-30/

Is resulting in people purchasing and hoarding MORE handguns! Lol

https://montreal.citynews.ca/2022/05...-concerns/amp/

Few different articles floating around and also had a gun store owner on the radio this morning say now legal owners are making all the purchases they were holding off on/saving for etc.

So introducing more firearms into circulation, all the while reducing penalties for violent, firearm related crimes, and removing mandatory minimums all together.

We’ve officially entered crazy town.

Like, I don’t care about handguns at all. Ban them outright, buy them back, whatever. But to actually say you’re trying to prevent crime by enacting these measures which only effect legal owners, removing penalties for the illegal use of unlawfully owned firearms, and then ADDING MORE guns into circulation? Lol It’s asinine.

Pretty sweet that guy who did the mosque shooting can get out in no time now. Only has what, like 5 first degree murder charges for a completely hate related executions and now he’s got a light at the end of the tunnel. I’m sure he’s a fine person

Last edited by Hondaracer; 06-01-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #3341
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
June 3 is the last day to register for the Conservative Party of Canada to get your vote in for the leadership race.

Even if you are not voting Conservative in the general election, you can register to see who you would like to see as the opposition leader to your party (preferably someone more center left).

These votes are still conducted by riding, and not individual votes, there are so little registered Conservatives in BC that even a few numbers scattering across the various cities make a big difference.

Check out Patrick Brown's platform.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:00 AM   #3342

Quote:
Trudeaus stance on firearms is so fucking backwards i don’t think you could do worse if you tried lol Jesus Christ..

So first the “Public” enquiry into the Nova Scotia shooter, who committed his killings with 100% illegal firearms smuggled over the border, without ever holding a liscence is now being actively hidden from the public with the parties involved being allowed to make private statements as opposed to be cross examined:

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/atlant...23951.amp.html

And now, his hand gun ban, which is going to take months to implement, includes “toy guns” (Jesus Christ only he could actually toss that in there..)

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...ns-2022-05-30/

Is resulting in people purchasing and hoarding MORE handguns! Lol

https://montreal.citynews.ca/2022/05...-concerns/amp/

Few different articles floating around and also had a gun store owner on the radio this morning say now legal owners are making all the purchases they were holding off on/saving for etc.

So introducing more firearms into circulation, all the while reducing penalties for violent, firearm related crimes, and removing mandatory minimums all together.

We’ve officially entered crazy town.

Like, I don’t care about handguns at all. Ban them outright, buy them back, whatever. But to actually say you’re trying to prevent crime by enacting these measures which only effect legal owners, removing penalties for the illegal use of unlawfully owned firearms, and then ADDING MORE guns into circulation? Lol It’s asinine.

Pretty sweet that guy who did the mosque shooting can get out in no time now. Only has what, like 5 first degree murder charges for a completely hate related executions and now he’s got a light at the end of the tunnel. I’m sure he’s a fine person
It's going to take months for the government to do something is pretty fast.

Number 1 NRA tactic is to say the president is going to take a way your guns to increase sales. They could not do that with trump.

Honda how many hand guns are you buying? Maybe take out a loan and stock up?
Old 06-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #3343

Zero, I’m actually for reason and logic.

So you have no retort to anything I said other than NRA propaganda? Ok.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:06 AM   #3344
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
^ I don't even know where to begin with our PM...

"The only real change in this bill aimed at such criminal is moving the maximum sentence for gun smuggling from 10 years to 14 years. That’s a good move, it should be applauded but the bulk of this bill is about people who are not breaking the law, not shooting up our streets, the licenced and RCMP vetted gun owners.

Trudeau told reports on Tuesday that this claim wasn’t true.

“I think people need to careful about misinformation and disinformation in this. We’ve explicitly and specifically not targeted law abiding firearms owners,” Trudeau said.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...misinformation

"Other than using firearms for sport shooting and hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives," Trudeau said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-con...gun-ownership/

I'm sorry... but how does this not target law abiding firearm owners?????

I own for sport/personal pleasure at a range. I don't buy ammunition unless I'm heading to the range. It's not like I keep a loaded shotgun beside the front door of my place and a pistol in the kitchen cabinet beside the patio door..

If someone smuggling a firearm isn't worried about a 10 year prison stint, I don't think adding on another 4 full years will change their mind.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #3345
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^ this

leave us regular legal owner alone.

Make it 50 years for smugglers and illegal sales I don't give a shit. leave the rest of the population alone. just because someone can't understand why someone would want to shoot for fun is their problem....i don't understand why people do half the shit they do.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:32 AM   #3346

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
^ this

leave us regular legal owner alone.
Like these 2 who where just convicted of killing 2?

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/jury-fin...ters-1.5926777

Not only is banning hand guns the right thing to do it's also politically smart. He is going to force the cons to run on a platform of making it easier to get guns.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #3347

So it’s not actually to protect people it’s just to play political games

As I’ve said before, I think virtually every legal owner is 100% on board STRICT penalties for illegal offences. But the libs go completely the opposite way.

As if anyone smuggling illegal guns would -ever- even get 10 years. Give me a break
Old 06-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #3348
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Like these 2 who where just convicted of killing 2?

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/jury-fin...ters-1.5926777

Not only is banning hand guns the right thing to do it's also politically smart. He is going to force the cons to run on a platform of making it easier to get guns.

Right thing to do? If that's the case the government should do a sweeping flat out ban of all tobacco products overnight as it causes strain on our healthcare system causing increased surgery wait times due to the higher chances of lung/heart/throat cancer thanks to those who choose to smoke. The amount of trees needed to be cut down each year just to make them, followed by the irresponsible smokers who tend to throw their lit cigarette butts out their car window while driving in the middle of summer which is a great way to cause forest fires and can put hundreds of people out of homes especially when a fire is in a remote town or section of a road where there's inadequate water supply to fight it and it just gets bigger and bigger. Firefighters go in and not all of them come out.
Lets not also forget about secondhand smoke from parents in cars with their children or everyone who just stands on the sidewalk in groups leaving a distinct stench in the air.

Don't you own a gas station or something? Isn't tobacco one of the highest selling items aside from gas? I wonder how many people you've assisted in dying from cancer..
Fun fact: More Canadians die per year from smoking than people killed in car crashes in Canada + USA combined. Just under 50,000 people in Canada a year.

In the world of tobacco, it would seem almost as if you're no better than a firearms store enabling people.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:19 PM   #3349

The irony of someone who makes a living selling cigs saying get rid of scary guns because they are killing people.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:22 PM   #3350

Quote:
The irony of someone who makes a living selling cigs saying get rid of scary guns because they are killing people.
Smoking is a personal choice and the government is working on getting rid of it. Getting shot is not a choice.